PDA

View Full Version : "That's not Hip-Hop" isn't Hip-Hop

Visionz
01-26-2010, 03:02 PM
modes of self-expression and culture change from location to location. Wishing for all music to sound alike is as retarded as ever. Small-minded fucks who think they own a patent on what is hip-hop should kill themselves now.

ALCATRAZ
01-26-2010, 03:05 PM
good thread, too bad no one wants to hear this type of knowledge

Visionz
01-26-2010, 03:10 PM
it's weird though right? Even if you back to just new york in the 80's and early 90's there was all kinds of different yet dope sounds popping off. From Tribe to Organized Konfusion to PE and everything in between. Variety should be appreciated and encouraged, not fucking ridiculed.

racist randy
01-26-2010, 03:13 PM
Agreed. The clowns won't enter this thread.

Tommy
01-26-2010, 03:15 PM
Exactly. A lot of people on here want all rappers to fit the same formula of: having dark non-mainstream beats, focus 100% on lyrics whilst forgetting about charisma and delivery, never progress forward artistically, oh, and of course, never making any money and appealing to their 1,000 only fans forever.

Ghost In The 'Lac
01-26-2010, 03:27 PM
I completely disagree all hip hop should be within the slaughterhouse style of punchline rap over pseudo-hardcore beats with a fitted cap on top.

I mean if rap isnt filled with corny punchlines demonstating their superior lyrical dope rhyming ablitys, then whats the point?

Did i mention lyrical skill? Its all about lyrical skill dawg. I only listen to rapper with ill lyrical skill.

I however dont consider anything that isnt involved witty punchlines to be lyrical skillz, you cant just talk about real shit to be lyrical. And especially nothing violent. Or street.

claaa7
01-26-2010, 03:28 PM
word, the whole rap game is fucking stagnated both from a commercial and underground point of view today.

angry!
01-26-2010, 03:31 PM
the only time i really use this term is when i see faggots rockin hip hop records!!!!

if i see a nigga in tight pants and fruity colors rapping along to some bullshit, ill point him out to my patnas and say "thats not hip hop"!!!!!!

hip hop is everything, rock, soul, funk, blues, dance, spoken word, jazz... the definition is ever changing!!!!!

but being homo will never be hip hop!!!!!!!

claaa7
01-26-2010, 03:32 PM
but being homo will never be hip hop!!!!!!!

lol yeah now that i can agree with

ALCATRAZ
01-26-2010, 03:41 PM
I completely disagree all hip hop should be within the slaughterhouse style of punchline rap over pseudo-hardcore beats with a fitted cap on top.

I mean if rap isnt filled with corny punchlines demonstating their superior lyrical dope rhyming ablitys, then whats the point?

Did i mention lyrical skill? Its all about lyrical skill dawg. I only listen to rapper with ill lyrical skill.

I however dont consider anything that isnt involved witty punchlines to be lyrical skillz, you cant just talk about real shit to be lyrical. And especially nothing violent. Or street.
fredy mech gonna rep you for this he probably thinking, "finally, someone understands real hip hop dude LOZLZ"

cap
01-26-2010, 03:43 PM
+ rep

some fags on this site think they have the authority to say whats hip hop and what isnt. and it isnt the people who actually know shit either, they usually got into hip hop like 6 months ago.

Frank Sobotka
01-26-2010, 03:50 PM
All those hiphop Elitist who think they are superior to other rap fans because they know more about hiphop look pathetic

KBOS
01-26-2010, 04:18 PM
if i had seen this thread i wouldn't have just made a thread calling out those who need to educate themselves and separate fact from opinion - visionz managed to put it in better words than i did.

Anyway this needed to be said, and the dickheads appear to be staying out of this thread lol

Poetic Wun
01-26-2010, 04:21 PM
^haha i just saw that...

GhettoGnom
01-26-2010, 04:25 PM
+ rep

some fags on this site think they have the authority to say whats hip hop and what isnt. and it isnt the people who actually know shit either, they usually got into hip hop like 6 months ago.
^ this

Poetic Wun
01-26-2010, 04:36 PM
Thread@Hazmat

MAYOR QUIMBY
01-27-2010, 12:45 AM
The thread starter is on some Zeitgeist in this bitch, and i'm lovin it.

davedigital360
01-27-2010, 12:54 AM
Well said.

-IrOnBuLL-
01-27-2010, 08:36 AM
i hated when niggaz say "thiz or that" iznt hip hop
when artistz themselvz created a whole buncha roadz
alotta niggaz seem to walk on from then to now.

sure we might not like some of the wayz,
(ok maybe guyz wearin pink or stranglin-tight pantz iz one that shouldn't
be hip hop in the 1st place) but there'z plenty of other wayz within
the culture we can choose to define ourselvz az bein part of it.

hey im 24, born n raised in new york,(yeah the place thatz bein known
to ridicule thoze bein "fake" N praisin thoze bein "real")
n i chooze to be a clown lol <<< thatz my rite. SO BE IT!!!! +)
but i saw for myself that there were alotta stuff bein made or introduced
in hip hop that ya'll so called "real hip hop headz" or "true hip hop fanz"
cant tell me nothin bout watz bein done. ITZ CALLED BEIN CREATIVE

if niggaz say hip hop iz dead or watever, i believe that thoze who
said it n/or believe that are the onez that WANT IT TO BE DEAD
and jus sit on their assez n not doin shit to support it <<< ignorant-jealous-dramaqueenz lol :'o

buckshotstheone
01-27-2010, 09:24 AM
threadstarter said it perfectly. if everyone in hip hop was still on some 90s shit then there would be no hip hop to speak of, at least there wouldn't be any hip hop that would be relevant. we'd be back in the understand state that we started in.

Hydro2k10
01-27-2010, 10:13 AM
Its true though. Jokes like Lil Wayne, Kanye West, 50 cent, etc. Don't even reach out to rap fans anymore. Hip hop fans don't even listen to these artists. That shit is mainly directed at 14 year old white girls who listen to Take that and Justin Timberlake. So when people say its not real hip hop, how can you argue against it?

buckshotstheone
01-27-2010, 11:07 AM
Its true though. Jokes like Lil Wayne, Kanye West, 50 cent, etc. Don't even reach out to rap fans anymore. Hip hop fans don't even listen to these artists. That shit is mainly directed at 14 year old white girls who listen to Take that and Justin Timberlake. So when people say its not real hip hop, how can you argue against it?

kanye west and 50 cent are real hip hop. there's no denying that, whether you like them or hate them. homo wayne on the other hand, is not, he's gay, and as everyone from big daddy kane to biggie to brand nubian have dictated, homos are not welcome in hip hop

Edgar Erebus
01-27-2010, 11:11 AM
He made a kid to each Toya Johnson, Trina and Lauren London, so how can he be gay?

buckshotstheone
01-27-2010, 11:32 AM
He made a kid to each Toya Johnson, Trina and Lauren London, so how can he be gay?

wouldn't be the first time someone claimed children to try to eliminate gay rumors. he gets to appear as straight and they get to be famous, it's a win-win

not to mention a lot of gay dudes fuck women, doesn't mean it's their preference, and they're still fucking guys too

Hazmat
01-27-2010, 11:43 AM
hip hop has never been about complying to the demands of the consumer for cash A.K.A POP(ular) MUSIC.

Edgar Erebus
01-27-2010, 11:46 AM
hip hop has never been about complying to the demands of the consumer for cash A.K.A POP(ular) MUSIC.

Thanks Allah then that

1) real rappers were never ever paid for their shows,

2) that real rappers never recorded a CD with intention of selling it, and

3) that Afrika Bam and Grandmaster Flash didn't spin the records people wanted to dance to, 'cause then they'd be complying to the demands of the consumer.

buckshotstheone
01-27-2010, 11:53 AM
Thanks Allah then that

1) real rappers were never ever paid for their shows,

2) that real rappers never recorded a CD with intention of selling it, and

3) that Afrika Bam and Grandmaster Flash didn't spin the records people wanted to dance to, 'cause then they'd be complying to the demands of the consumer.

and with that hazmat has officially been deaded. r.i.p.

Hazmat
01-27-2010, 12:07 PM
It was originally used in the post-civil rights era as a way of speaking out.

I dont hate artists because of the money they have. I hate artists that become gimmicks to major corporations and personally, beside the fact they make money for reading ghost written rhymes, I dont like their music because it is cheap quality, it becomes a mass produced product.

No originally.

oDoUoSoKo
01-27-2010, 12:08 PM
well done..and actually, the dickheads are still appearing in this thread.

Edgar Erebus
01-27-2010, 12:28 PM

No, it was used to dance and have fun.

Visionz
01-27-2010, 12:36 PM

I dont hate artists because of the money they have. I hate artists that become gimmicks to major corporations and personally, beside the fact they make money for reading ghost written rhymes, I dont like their music because it is cheap quality, it becomes a mass produced product.

No originally.

college dropout was very original and if not who's style was he biting?

Hazmat
01-27-2010, 12:47 PM
college dropout was very original and if not who's style was he biting?

I wasnt directing that at kanye west at all. I dont like kayne because I do not like his music, i dont care if kayne was the most orignal artist on this planet, i hate his music. And theres a line I draw with the way he acts (and im not talking about him at the VMAs).

Visionz
01-27-2010, 01:40 PM
I wasnt directing that at kanye west at all. I dont like kayne because I do not like his music, i dont care if kayne was the most orignal artist on this planet, i hate his music. And theres a line I draw with the way he acts (and im not talking about him at the VMAs).

so just to get this straight, if you don't personally like someone then they can't be hip-hop. Is that correct?

Hazmat
01-27-2010, 01:49 PM
so just to get this straight, if you don't personally like someone then they can't be hip-hop. Is that correct?

not at all, i just feel kanye and wayne are kinda gay...i could see them making music videos with the jonas brothers, but thats just me. im just fucking around with them cause i feel they dont take the genere of music seriously.

Frank Sobotka
01-27-2010, 01:56 PM
not at all, i just feel kanye and wayne are kinda gay...i could see them making music videos with the jonas brothers, but thats just me. im just fucking around with them cause i feel they dont take the genere of music seriously.Common did a song with the jonas brothers, he's not hiphop anymor?

Hazmat
01-27-2010, 02:04 PM
Common did a song with the jonas brothers, he's not hiphop anymor?

that song was fucking beyond terrible. and common is hip hop, you missed my point.

KBOS
01-27-2010, 02:36 PM
^

Its not that people are missing your point, its that your points aren't valid, hence the reason nobody respects or takes your opinions seriously

ALCATRAZ
01-27-2010, 02:42 PM
well done..and actually, the dickheads are still appearing in this thread.
lol you think pun is nicer than pac go kick rocks dusk LOL

Hazmat
01-27-2010, 02:54 PM
nah my points are valid just not what most people want to hear.

ALCATRAZ
01-27-2010, 02:57 PM
hazmat just give up

KBOS
01-27-2010, 03:09 PM
nah my points are valid just not what most people want to hear.

Nope. You been proven wrong several times, opinions are one thing but when you opinion contradicts with fact it becomes incorrect.

Afficial_Nastee
01-27-2010, 03:45 PM
not at all, i just feel kanye and wayne are kinda gay...i could see them making music videos with the jonas brothers, but thats just me. im just fucking around with them cause i feel they dont take the genere of music seriously.
Hahahaha I can't give this dude enough rep!

Let em know son !!!!

oDoUoSoKo
01-27-2010, 06:43 PM
lol you think pun is nicer than pac go kick rocks dusk LOL
you think tupac is the second coming of jesus. you aint clowning me.

Poetic Wun
01-27-2010, 08:02 PM
then why did you say he wasn''t hip hop?

i seriously cant keep up with you

TAURO
01-27-2010, 08:10 PM
you think tupac is the second coming of jesus. you aint clowning me.

No no Dusk, you got it wrong, he thinks WARCLOUD is the second coming of Jesus :p

Poetic Wun
01-27-2010, 08:12 PM
lol

oDoUoSoKo
01-27-2010, 08:42 PM
eloels.

J-Cee
01-27-2010, 08:52 PM
define hip hop also..hip hop aint just the music..anyone can rap,but not everyone fits into the culture nor understands it..

EAGLE EYE
01-27-2010, 11:07 PM
Im more concerned with the state of "music" in general than just Hip Hop. Its become so over-saturated and exploited that its hard to find real innovative talent now a days.

Myspace music opened the flood gates to hundreds of thousands of horrible, horrible people that were more acoustically inclined when they were making fart bubbles in the womb.

KBOS
01-28-2010, 01:32 AM
^ truth

DR. NICK RIVIERA
01-28-2010, 09:32 AM
selling out is hiphop
not selling out is hiphop

it's everything

c'mon, not everybody would do hip-pop singles like Jay-Z [I mean Sunshine n tracks like that], but then again most of people wouldn't decline millions like R.A. the Rugged Man.

Many things happened in our beloved music over the years, and there were wack artists and talented artists, and average artists since day one. the great thing about hiphop [no! music in general] is that there are so many different styles and themes to listen to. that's why everything is hiphop. if it floats your boat, why not?

the difference between some of us is that some people just hate on some rappers and make hate threads, other people [me included] rather laugh at fans of people we don't like. it's like sports. it doesn't make any sense in the end, but people like to be childish like that [again, me included]

Hazmat
01-28-2010, 01:08 PM
well i like hating cause that shit is fun as fuck.