PDA

View Full Version : New Prodigy Interview: Talks about Rae & Ghost from back in the day smokin dust LOL

Ghost In The 'Lac
01-26-2010, 09:02 PM
Yeah and feel free to rep me btw for these this jewel that your favorite blog hasnt picked up on!

Interview By IPOPPEDOFF. Intro By Odeisel. In the mid 1990s, Mobb Deep was situated in the midst of one of the best periods of creation in Hip-Hop history. Havokís haunting production was strikingly malevolent and haunting, but the real star was Prodigy. Relatively young at the time, Prodigy was well on his way to becoming one of the greatest emcees ever. His combination of cold aloofness attached to his chilling brand of urban dystopia was both riveting and disconcerting.
Planet Ill sat down with Prodigy a while ago and had him walk us through that journey from Juvenile Hell through the balance of their career. He provided us with an insiderís view that gave us incredible insight into those days that wasnít commonly known. Hope you enjoy. Peace

http://planetill.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/01/Mobb-Deep-Juvenile-Hell-150x150.jpg (http://planetill.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/01/Mobb-Deep-Juvenile-Hell.jpg)Planet Ill: Letís start with Juvenile Hell.
Prodigy: Um Juvenile Hell basically we were high school dropouts; like we just dropped out of school and we was like f**k that, weíre doing Rap for a living. We wanted the chains, we wanted to be in videos, we wanted the cars, the girls; we wanted that whole lifestyle. So when we made that album we were just like little ni***s just rapping about everything that we was going through in the streets.

We was drinking 40ís, smoking weed, wilding, hoeing, you know what Iím saying, weapons doing all kinds of s**t. So when we made that album we were just so focused on having parties and wanting that lifestyle that the album didnít come out good. We didnít even concentrate on making a ill album; we was just like come on we got to hurry up so we can f***king be rappers. So we did our best though. We did like three beats on that album. That was the first time we started making beats.

It was hard for us to get the beats that we was feeling from other people, plus it was too expensive and we couldnít afford it, so we was like f**k it letís start making our own beats. So we did like three beats ďHit It From The Back, ďHold Down The Block, and ďStomp ĎEm OutĒ and to tell you the truth those were like the three best songs on the album. So when we seen that, we was like ďWow we got some s**t. We got to make the whole next album, f**k even going to producers.Ē

So when we did that album that was basically our mind frame we were just young and dumb and that was the result of us not paying attention to business, of us not paying attention to us making a good album. The result was it wasnítÖit didnít blast off like how we wanted it to. Like how it should have blasted off. So after that, that s**t hit us hard; we was hurt because Nas had Illmatic out.

He was popping with that album we was like ahhh heís getting all the shorties at the show heís riding around in a Lexus, chilling in the projects. We like, ďAwww we fucked up; we got to go back in. We got to go in hard son.Ē Now we started paying attention to what we was doing when we made Infamous. The album got to be crazy, so every beat had to be some s**t the whole hood was feeling. You couldnít come with no corny s**t. So thatís all it was; we made a beat, come outside on the block, play that s**t on the radio. N***as was like, ďOh that s**t ill!Ē Thatís the formula: the hood love it then the worldís going love it.
http://planetill.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/01/theinfamous-150x150.jpg (http://planetill.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/01/theinfamous.jpg)So basically that Infamous album was crazy, we started getting older, and we started getting into more crazier shit in the street. N***as was bugging; that was a crazy time in my life. I was doing coke and f**king drinking E&J for breakfast. Wilding like for real no joke, we was really wilding like smoking dust (laughs).

We met Raekwon and them n***as (laughs) being on Loud [Records]. They turned n***as out smoking that s**t. They was smoking that sh*t, I think they just passed it to us one day they didnít even tell us what it was

Planet Ill: Who passed the dust blunt to you?

Prodigy:I think it was Ghost (laughs). He was chilling with some white kids. Word is bond son. How we meet them n***as was, we was up in the Loud office one day right and all them n***as was up there cooling. Them n***as is older than us and we followed in their footsteps for real. We was on our own shit but we followed in their footsteps a lot with business and how they handled they business and how they was consistently on they business grind. Them ni***s wasnít playing.

They was in the office making deals. If something ainít go right, we see them flipping out, flipping chairs and s**t, flipping desks, wilding. We seen all that, so we was feeling them n***as, so we started hanging out, started going out to Staten Island, hanging out in the harbor, hanging out in their hoods and s**t just chilling.

We was out there one night chilling with Ghost. He had like two white kids; they was in a silver Benz and back then Rae had a dark navy blue Acura. So we all chilling and sh*t we was little n***as son we had the St. Ides mixed with Hawaiian punch. N***as called that shit the red eye. We was drinking that shit; n***as drinking Old English mixed with Guinness Stout, n***as called that shit Kunta.

All I know is I smell [something]. [But] that donít smell like weed. So we smoking, I think Havoc was smoking back then. So we getting blasted (laughs)! We was f**ked up. So they like whatís up with Nas they want to meet Nas. They was like ďyo we want do a song with NasĒ [We were] like cool we going set that up for yaíll so they drove us back to Queens Bridge.
Havoc is like ďyo there was something in that weed son, Iím f**ked up.Ē Iím like I donít know man that s**t got me feeling right though. We called Nas so we all got together in the studio and did ďEye For An EyeĒ. We dropped Infamous ,know what Iím saying, that s**t took off.http://planetill.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/01/onlybuilt-150x150.jpg (http://planetill.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/01/onlybuilt.jpg)
Then Rae dropped his solo album. He was wilding talking about coke, and dust and I started listening and I was like these n***as is ill dust heads son. We was little n***as I was like let me try that shit and I smoking that shit everyday after that. I was smoking dust blunts. That was my s**t. N***as turned me out with that shit know what Iím saying? The hood is wild, the hood will turn you out to a lot of shit anyway. Word.

Planet Ill: I feel you. Letís talk about that Hell on Earth record which is very underrated.

Prodigy: As we did the Infamousand that s**t took off. So we was like aight, we did it this time, we got the gold plaque. At that time, we didnít have the mind state like we are ill and we the best; we was on some humble s**t. We was always on some humble s**t cause that first album humbled us the f*** up son.
That was a big humble pie like a motherf**ker son. We was level-headed, down to earth. Just do your job, do it good, keep it moving; thatís what we was about. We was aight cool, we got a hit record now letís not suck our own d**k, letís keep it going. So we started working on the Hell On Earth s**t. During that album that was two years 96 and 97 we made that album and it came out at the end of 97.
http://planetill.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/01/mobb-deep-hell-on-earth-150x150.jpg (http://planetill.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/01/mobb-deep-hell-on-earth.jpg)Planet Ill:All the Tupac beef?

Prodigy:Nah not just that, like that happened at the end when the album came out. During the whole time when the album was in making, it took two years. Then the Tupac s**t happened. So that whole two years while we was making that album mad s**t happened like that truck I bought from down south, the black truck when I had bought the green s**t.

Planet Ill: So talk about the two years you were talking about Hell on Earth and a lot of shit went down you were talking about the Tahoe you had.
Prodigy: Yea the Tahoe, know what Iím saying, n***as crashed my car. God bless the dead, my man Twin, his twin brother got killed in the accident. One of our other friends, Ghost, got killed in the accident. People got hurt real bad in that accident and you know that s**t hit n***as hard man because you know itís death,you know what Iím saying?

So we had to deal with that and that was serious. My man lost his twin brother and then another one of my mans was held responsible for that, even though it was an accident. He got to deal with that reality; heís thinking damn he killed his friend by accident and everybody dealing with the reality of the situation. A lot of people got hurt my man, Money O got hurt; he was almost paralyzed, Twin that survived broke his collar bone. They found one of my mans in a tree. They found his head slit down the middle.

After that, Havocís brother committed suicide and that was crazy man. It was weird cause Killa B wasnít like that. He wasnít that type of person to do something like that. He was a wild boy, he was busting his guns and all that, but he wasnít the type of n***a to kill himself so that hit n***as hard and it was confusing and Ďtil this day it affects all us and itís just hard to understand why certain things happen in life. Thatís how life is man, itís real crazy. And right after Killa , my man Yammy got killed out of town. He was doing some work out of town and somebody ran up behind him with a bat and hit him in the head with a bat and killed him. Yammy was one of the strongest n***as that I knew.

That was our man; he gave us the name Infamous Ďcause that was his name. He had it tatted on his arm infamous Yambo. So when Yammy got killed that fucked us up man Ďcause he would come to every show; that was like our strength and even Twin that was our strength that was the wild twin that died. The twins got different personalities, Scarface he was the wild one like anything that go down, before me and Hav even notice it they on it; itís not going down like that. So we lost a lot of strength, Killa, Yammy, Scarface. It was devastating to ni***s.

We lost loved ones, we lost a lot of s**t man, so right after that my father died of AIDS. He was a heroin addict since fourteen sharing needles and s**t. So he died of AIDS and that fucked me up. I found out about that while I was locked up. I was in county for like two weeks. I found out about that when I was locked up and as soon as I got out it was crazy man all that s**t back to back. It was just wild and me and Hav got to be strong and do this album and think about the future, but it was just hard. So that was just going on when we made that album.

[B]Interview By IPOPPED OFF. Intro By Odeisel
In part two of our Prodigy interview, Prodigy talks about how his relationship with Nas developed and he tell us the reason for the change in his demeanor and focus following Juvenile Hell.
How did the beef with Jay-Z begin? How did Prodigy go from Nas comrade, to having issues? How did Mobb Deep rebound from all the tragedy that surrounded them following the release of The Infamous? Read on or scroll down to listen.

Planet Ill: So you went from the Hell on Earth to Murda Musik

Prodigy: When we got to Murda Musik our attitude it was kind of foul Ďcause of all the s**t that happened in our life. It hardened n***as up in a negative way. That was our whole attitude with that album. We felt like we was left alone Ďcause we lost a lot of strength. We lost our loved ones and then we was like damn like how we going keep it movin? These was ni***s that protected us and loved us and now theyíre gone. So our whole attitude was like f**k everybody, f**k everything [and] anybody try something, theyíre gonna die. Straight up and down theyíre gonna [go] down and that was our mind state when we made Murda Musik.
That was an ill feeling Ďcause you felt lonely, and like I said we lost a lot of strength. Iím sure all of us felt that way, so we just felt alone like, ďHow we going to do this?Ē We got to go crazy almost to survive now cuz itís tough out there when you doing shows, different hoods, different states. Dealing with all kinds of n***as. A lot of n***as is just on some stupid s**t and theyíll wild out start shooting you, try to rob you, whatever.

N***as is crazy in the streets. Everybody is not like a person like myself that wonít flip on somebody when I have the opportunity. If you donít deserve it I will leave you alone. A lot of people donít feel like that; they donít give a f**k about you or your safety or your opportunity or anything.
We deal with that everyday when we go do shows. After parties we got to do autograph signings, we in the hood Ďcause thatís our audience. Like weíre not in the malls in suburbia, we doing autograph signings in Baltimore on the corner record store in the hood lining down the block for Mobb Deep just to get an autograph, we like wow this s**t is crazy. Iím talking about itís people in line thatís looking like they canít get some sneakers but they coming to buy an album; that s**t is bugged out. So its like we dealing with all this s**t so we got to be careful. So that was just like the whole thing with making Murda Musik .We were just at that point where we didnít give a f**k no more.

Planet Ill: How do you feel about that album now?http://planetill.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/01/murdamuzik-150x150.jpg (http://planetill.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/01/murdamuzik.jpg)

Prodigy: I look back and Iím like wow you can feel the power in the album, thatís why it went platinum. We put all that energy into it. That aggressive, negative energy and its positive energy at the same time, but all of that energy combined is the reason why that album was so successful. We was like f**k that nobody is stopping us. Weíre going to make a hit, weíre going to go on tour, weíre going to come back safe. Nothing is going to happen. This s**t is going to be a success and thatís exactly what happened.

Planet Ill: When Lilí Kim dissed Foxy Brown on the remix of ďQuiet StormĒ did that create tension with you and Capone and Noriega?

Prodigy: It didnít bring no tension. Capone from the block and NORE was always coming to the hood. We had our own little personal differences, little personal s**t that happened, but we put that in the past and itís cool. We wouldnít let nothing like that, some bitches arguing get to us. We had beef with each other, we dealing with real s**t. Like ask NORE, ask ĎPone; n***as been through some s**t son like we would never let nothing like that get us mad. We been through way worse.

Planet Ill: So letís go to Infamy.

Prodigy: When we did Infamy that was around the time you know where Nas started coming around more. Like at first, Nas didnít really take too kind to me when I first came to the hood. He actually told n***as I was corny and that Hav need to go solo and it got back to me and I was like damn and that s**t kind of hurt me.
http://planetill.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/01/Mobb-Deep-Infamy-150x150.jpg (http://planetill.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/01/Mobb-Deep-Infamy.jpg)I just came to Queens Bridge and I didnít want n***as to start like word P corny he canít hang out with us no more so that s**t kind of hurt inside. I was like f**k that. By him saying that, I swear to everything I love word to my kid word to everything, by Nas saying that s**t to my man Twin that I was corny and Hav need to go solo and Twin came back and told me I was like yo, by him doing that thatís what made me ill with the rhymes because I was like what? You said what? Iím going to show him.

After that, thatís when I made ďShook Ones.Ē Thatís when I made all that shit. My rhymes changed. From that point on thatís when my rhymes changed because I used to rhyme some kiddy voice type s**t like on Juvenile Hell, you could tell we was young we had the kid voice and s**t. But when I heard Nas said that s**t I was like hold up this s**t is serious. I can do this for real. Iímma show everybody.
F**k that he just put the fuel on my fire when he said that and I just started really paying attention to what I was saying; like ainít nobody going to say nothing I say is weak and I started going hard. I never felt no kind of way towards Nas after that either. I always thanked him in my mind because if it wasnít for that, I wouldnít have been what I am today so in my mind I always look up to Nas.http://planetill.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/01/nas-197x300.jpg (http://planetill.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/01/nas.jpg)
I always look up to him for that reason and because heís an ill writer, he got ill songs, ill music so I always look up to Nas and I never felt like any animosity or I never felt like any jealousy or anything. I was satisfied with my own success. I never felt like I wanted what Nas had or he owes me something or I never felt any kind of way towards Nas because he said that to Twin. I always took it and turned it into something positive.
So around the time of Infamy, Nas had started hanging out around more and I was working on Murda Musik the movie and I was shooting a movie for Queens Bridge and for Mobb Deep. I wanted people to see how we was living, like what was going on. People never got a chance to ever see that.
I was like Queens Bridge needs a movie. Mobb Deep needs a movie. People just come inside, be on the block see what n***as is doing, how n***as be hustling like we need to make a movie about this shit. So I started doing that and I said to myself I was like, ďKnow what? Iím going make this movie and Iím going let certain n***as that I chose to play the parts instead of trying to get real actors. Iímma get certain n***as that I chose that I think can handle that job; Iím get them to do it. So I went to Tim Lord, Nasí man. I was like Lord I got this part he was like, ďYea aight P. Iíll do it for you, P.Ē
He probably thought I was bulls**tting and a year later from when I told him he was like, ďOh s**t you wasnít playing son, you got me in a movie and sh*t this is gangsta!Ē So I was like, ďYea itís nothing n***a, you deserve this. Everybody out here, we need a movie son. The world needs to see this s**t.Ē So I told Twin, Littles, everybody is in that movie son I got everybody in that movie, Nas, everybody. When Nas started seeing this he was like damn P making me look bad because why didnít I do this first. This was kind of late. Thatís why I did the movie. Like why didnít nobody ever do a movie about this s**t? We in 99, son.

We should have been did a movie back in 97- 96 or something like when Nas first came out. Somebody should have been like they need a movie about their life and their hood. I was like f**k that Iím going to do like f**k that donít talk about it be about it just do it. So I wrote that shit like f**k it. Iímma do that shit. I got everybody together got everybody in the movie.
Everybody got in that motherfucker; n***as that donít even get along with each other because I didnít know certain shit like my man Uncle Lameek, Havocís uncle he didnít really get along with Tim Lord in the hood but I didnít know that because that was s**t from back in the day.
But a lot of n***as in the hood knew that. So it was by chance when I said you play this part and you play this part and they interacting with each other in the movie. N***as was like, ďYo those n***as donít even get along. Thatís ill that you got them to play that s**t son.Ē That was kind of crazy when I found that out

You know Nas was just likeÖyou could tell he never said that, but u know Iím pretty smart. I can observe how people feel from their actions and their movements and just seeing certain things you could tell he was kind of upset that he didnít do it first. And people might have been telling him like yo why you ainít doing it? P out here doing it.

So we at Soundtrack Studios and Nas started booking sessions right next door to us; out of nowhere. Thatís Nas, heís [usually] at the Hit Factory or somewhere ill like heís in Bermuda doing his album or something. I was like damn heís coming over here? Iím like aight cool.
So Iím doing songs for the movie soundtrack and not only did I get everybody from the hood in the movie, but on the soundtrack I got all new rappers from the hood, all the new n***as and dun was seeing that too. And people were going back to him telling him like P is doing a lot for QB, what are you doing?

Like I said this wasnít on my mind, this not the reason why Iím doing it, to make Nas look bad. Iím doing it because this is what needs to be done. So Nas start booking sessions. So I go over there like whatís up and heís like yeah Iím working on a QB album but it was a Queens borough album. It wasnít a Queens Bridge album he was getting everybody from Queens like LL, Run DMC. I was like oh aight thatís cool and somebody else told me he was doing that. The n***as that told me he was doing that was told me before Nas told me.
http://planetill.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/01/jaywherefrom-216x300.jpg (http://planetill.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/01/jaywherefrom.jpg)So Nas came to the studio and he told me that. I was like yo, you know what we need to do? This n***a Jay-Z is taking little jabs at us on songs. I said if you listen to ďcough up a lung where Iím from Marcy sonĒ [ďWhere Iím FromĒ] the n***a not only does he have the plastic cup in his hand and he got the football jersey, but the n***a said a line in his rhyme where he said ďIím from a place where you and your mans hung in every verse in ya rhyme.Ē

So when I heard that, I was like, ďWho is Jay talking about who is talking about hanging in Marcy in they line?Ē Then I thought about ďTrife LifeĒ in my verse I said ďjetted through Marcy Ďcause Dís[detectives] ainít bagginí meĒ because I was out there. I was f**kiní with my n***as from Marcy. Thatís where I be at before all that Jay-Z s**t. Those were n***as I went to school with.

So now I ainít peep it back then when that song came out, but down the line when Iím in the studio talking to Nas around that time I peeped it. Iím like aww he talking about me in that song yo and he bit our shit with the little plastic cups in the hood and if you do the research and history of it, Jay-Z was on some speed boat in the Bahamas Versace type of shit. Then ďShook OnesĒ came out, then Jay came with the plastic cups, football jerseys in the projects, taking jabs at us and I was like Nas, what we need to do is go at these n***as because number one, his lilí man is trying to s**t on you; talking about your life is written and all this s**t. Thatís when Memphis Bleek was trying to take lil jabs at Nas.

I was like these n***as is going at us subliminally and I was like f**k that, we need to go at those n***a. Letís make a song about them, son. And he was like nah nah that n***a ainít nobody to be doing that son. Iím like son Iím telling you its gonna be a problem and he like nah. Iím like aight cool. ĎCause in my mind, Iímma address it on my own anyway. I donít give a f**k what this n***a do. I love you Nas but Iímma handle this Ďcause you buggin.

During that same time, heís at the studio next to us. All of a sudden I found out Littles just did a song on the QB album. Oh ainít nothing wrong with that, oh so and so just did a song and Iím like, ďĒOh this n***a trying to intercept; he trying to do the same thing!Ē And now I found out the Queens Borough album changed to the Queens Bridge album, the QB album. Now Iím like oh I see what this n***a is doing and during the same time when he came to the studio, he started calling my crib like I would come home my girl be like Nas called. Iím like what? Nas never called me before that was amazing to me!

http://planetill.com/2010/01/prodigy-an-infamous-walk-down-memory-lane-pt-1

Ghost In The 'Lac
01-26-2010, 09:06 PM
WOW

gonna take me a while to sift through this epicness

angry!
01-26-2010, 09:19 PM
yooooo good looks maaanngg!!!!!

as a mobb stan, ima be printing this and keepin it on file!!!!!!!

let that nigga p touch home, hes probably got albums waitin to be recorded!!!!!!

Ghost In The 'Lac
01-26-2010, 09:24 PM
man he speaks on ALOT

I never realised how much trauma they were goin through around the hell on earth era. Basically all they mans were dying, or committing suicide.

Of course we all know about Killa Black (Hav' brother) commiting suicide, but they way he talks about it hre really drives it home. I never heard them talk about it before.

No wonder Hell On Earth was so morbid, they had death all around them to draw from

spiggity_ace
01-26-2010, 09:46 PM
lol that shit about dust blunts and eye for an eye recording, woulda been dope if ghost dropped a verse too, ill shit laced, id rep u but i cant

Ghost In The 'Lac
01-26-2010, 09:50 PM
part 3 comes out tommorow

they left it on a cliff hanger around the jay z beef

EAGLE EYE
01-26-2010, 09:52 PM
lol I remember seeing on some other site or in a comment section prior to CL2 dropping -- Wu's first tour manager posted a long drawn out comment about how Rae and I think Deck started beating the piss outta him in a van over pizza. He also stated a couple of them were smokin' rock and dust right out in public. I guess he got bullied pretty bad then fired.

This was when the first singles hit the streets and they were just starting to build up a buzz

5hundred&one
01-26-2010, 09:54 PM
props , just finished readin it.

I'd rep if I could.

Jammin
01-26-2010, 11:33 PM
i can't rep you but mad props yo

Jammin
01-26-2010, 11:55 PM
sYU-fdhOGmE

ALCATRAZ
01-27-2010, 03:03 AM
god its 2010 why cant they make a video

Jammin
01-27-2010, 03:44 AM
the killa b story is just crazy, ima up a mp3 later about it

DUMBO
01-27-2010, 07:21 AM
Sometimes, when I don't feel like doing dishes, I drink out of plastic cups. I hope P doesn't do a diss song about me biting his "creation"

Because we all know that Mobb Deep invented the plastic cup drink. He is a corny nigga.

Afficial_Nastee
01-27-2010, 07:43 AM
Hell on earth coming out at the end of '97? I thought it came out in '96 ?!

Anyway rep points for the topic starter....

PolitiC
01-27-2010, 08:12 AM
one of the best interviews ive ever read cant wait for part 3

claaa7
01-27-2010, 09:35 AM
Hell on earth coming out at the end of '97? I thought it came out in '96 ?!

Anyway rep points for the topic starter....

it did come out at the end of '96, P's getting the years confused.

great fucking interview tho, real nice find Laced, i can't rep you right now because of some bullshit that i need to spread my rep but thanks. easily one of the best and most interesting Mobb Deep interviews i ever read.

KBOS
01-27-2010, 09:48 AM
fuckin gem - what ever became of that mobb deep movie?

angry!
01-27-2010, 09:49 AM
^^ murda muzik came out...

you can find it on youtube, i felt bad for p watchin that shit, he really wanted it to pop!!!!!

KBOS
01-27-2010, 09:58 AM
how have i not known about this damn

Jammin
01-27-2010, 10:23 AM
5* thread

SL33
01-27-2010, 10:25 AM
http://isohunt.com/img.php?mode=release&path=110036.jpg

BGS
01-27-2010, 11:51 AM
great interview! propz for posting!!

Ghost In The 'Lac
01-27-2010, 12:22 PM
P's dad dying of AIDs at the same time Hav's brother commited suicide aswell.

Damn.

Anyway

PART 3 HAS ARRIVED:

http://planetill.com/2010/01/prodigy-an-infamous-walk-down-memory-lane-pt-1?cid=1595

DONT FORGET YOU CAN LISTEN TO THE INTERVIEW AT THE BOTTOM OF EACH PAGE.

Jammin
01-27-2010, 01:13 PM
damn nas, what a jealous motherfucker, i think he did the same thing with mega right? and jay-z's a fucking bitter, with e money bags (rip) name

Jammin
01-27-2010, 01:20 PM
"When E was mad about Jay having a artist on his Roster with the "Money Bags" name and called into hot 97 and let jay know how he felt about the situation, Jay acted calm and secure on the air by simply telling E that he didnt respect what he was doing, but a few days after there conversation on Hot97 jay called me and ask me to talk to E money bags and try to somehow be the middle man in a truce, Jay said that since there Hot97 incounter he had been getting threating phone calls and even had a death threat left on the front door of his private home, I talked to E and he confessed to calling Jay a couple of times but said he wasnt threating him and that there beef wasnt that serious he just wanted the Guy to quit using his name. So i called Jay and let him know that E said he wasnt really sweating the situation but all Jay kept saying was "that sneaky ***** gone try something, that sneaky ***** gone try something" Jay was afraid to go out in Public, i was shocked at how afraid He (Jay z) Was, E had Jay afraid to leave his House, I remember thinking that there had to be something Bigger than a Mc Name involved in all of that"---Curtis Scoon

Ghost In The 'Lac
01-27-2010, 01:47 PM
Nas has made so many bitch moves in his career on his peers. P is right about what hes saying about Nas never wanted P to have what he wished he thought of first. Its funny when P talks about when he was telling Nas to go in on Jay with him, Nas didnt want to, then when P did, and all the hype was about Mobb and Jay beef, Nas, as usual, got jealous again, and decided he wanted the beef, and didnt want P in the beef.

Nas acts like a female, all the time.

As for the EMB thing, I guess we'll never know if it was all about just his name, because obviosuly of what happened to him, but its weird, why would Jay be so scared like that.

Also wow @ Mobb Deep performing La, La out in Cali LOL, props, they didnt have to do that.

Jammin
01-27-2010, 01:58 PM
tell me what you think of this website

http://www.freewebs.com/black-jusii/index.htm

angry!
01-27-2010, 02:14 PM
between this read and the hnic 2 commentary album Jammin was nice enough to share has made the last 48 hours an epic mobb deep moment in history!!!!!!!

i only read half this piece so far and it got me feelin like i did when i was sendin out the LOUD fill outs to get them 1st infantry tees over 10 years ago!!!!!!!!!

mobb deep anddd alllll thaaaaattttt... thatt

SL33
01-27-2010, 03:50 PM
smh @ nas. what a stupid fuck.

claaa7
01-27-2010, 05:43 PM
smh @ nas. what a stupid fuck.

word, the endless list of bitch moves on Nas's behalf has really got me losing all respect i once had for him. he's still a crazy talented dude who made loads of classic cuts and altho he had a rep as a poser that never bothered me. but from like a year ago shit really started affecting the way i hear dudes music and lyrics, from the fake thug shit, to bitch moves like these P spoke on here, to getting totally owned by both Kelis and the girl before her plus both bitches cheated on him with other rappers (Jay-Z; Shyne).

benzo
01-27-2010, 07:09 PM
Nas is a snake for real! adding Panet 3 to favorites...

J-DON
01-28-2010, 02:35 PM
Unrelated to this article, Im wondering how this prison stint is going to affect P's rapping since dude has been off of drugs and all that for a while. He sounds like he has alot of energy in that interview maybe well see some of the old P back once hes out.

Deen
01-28-2010, 05:03 PM
Props to threadstarter, this interview is proving to be a fine read (just started part 2).

I can't believe no one has mentioned the mp3's! They're hilarious! It's some program they got to read out the text! They even pronounce "fucking" as "f king"!

Don't know if they do this on other sites, this is too funny, lol lol lol!

Ghost In The 'Lac
01-28-2010, 06:13 PM
^you can also hear P saying it himself at the bottom!

Lets reminise for a sec on the greatnes of P from that era, his 2nd verse on Front Lines :dead:9:|6:9~

[Prodigy]
Yo, the heavy metal king hold big shit, with spare clips
You seein clips when the mac spit your top got split
Layin dead with open eyes close his eyelids
Turn off his lights switch to darkness, cause deep in the abyss
is street life, blood on my kicks, shit on my knife
Youse the wild child, kid cold turnin men into mice
I was born to take power leave my mark on this planet
The Phantom of Crime Rap, niggaz is left stranded
Shut down your operation, closed for business
Leave a foul taste in your mouth, like Guinness
POW niggaz is found MIA
We move like the special forces, green beret
Heavily around my throat, I don't play
Shit brand new, back in eighty-nine, the same way
The God P walk with a limp see, but simply
To simplify shit, no man can go against me
Test me you must be bent G, don't tempt me
I had this full clip for so long, it needs to empty
The reason why it full for so long, cause I don't waste shit
You probably hid, blood in your mouth, so you could taste it
Quiet as kept, I lay back and watch the world spin
I hear thugs, claimin that they gonna rob the Mobb
When they see us, I tell you what black, here's the issue
It's a package deal, you rob me, you take this message
along with that, I ain't your average cat
Fuck rap, I'm tryin to make CREAM and that's that
Whatever it takes however it gots to go down
Four mikes on stage a motherfuckin four pound
Speakers leakin out sound and niggaz leakin on the ground
I could truely care less the God will get his
Regardless blow for blow let's find out who wear hardest
This rap artist used to be a stickup artist
Sometimes I test myself see if I still got it
A live nigga stay on point never diss
Regard shit or forget the essence, from which I emerged
P is sick, so save that bullshit for the burbs
Live up to my word, if I got beef, niggaz comin in herds
We flush through your click get purged

M1ZjuoT3x5k

THen just think the verses that immediately followed this on the album were possibly even better, his give it up fast, still shinin, and apostles warning verses, also all time classics of the entire decade

P#s a fucking master dont ever forget that!!!

benzo
01-28-2010, 08:51 PM
"quiet than a church mouse son" lol

angry!
01-28-2010, 10:19 PM
nas is a funny style nigga, qb still got love for his music, but they gave up on nas the person years ago!!!!!!

he was getting shit on by the hood in that tragedy DVD too... nas needs to wake up!!!! he didnt even say what up to hav at rock the bells this year, hes livin in dreamland where only nas matters!!!!

p's a real dude, always has been!!!! hes small, but the nigga has a lion heart and never been afraid to say whats on his mind!!!!! this nigga been fighting sickle cell his whole life, dropping classic after classic!!!!!

"that nigga p is thug enough to rep QB from long island"

"build and destroy" gonna sound different the next time i hear it, nas been on some sucker shit before anyone wanted to admit it!!!! az, mega, p, quan, lake... ima always be a fan, but hes a chump!!!!!!

on a positive note p sounds clear and focused in the audio, his storytellin is sharp and thats gonna go hand in hand with his rhymes when he touches home!!!!!

epic interview, whoda thought mobb fans would be gettin this nuggets in 2010!?!?!?!?

big ups to p, hes a warrior in the game!!!! jay-z, pac, nas, and he still got love for all of them!!!! real dude, thanks for sharing this everyone involved!!!!!

Jammin
01-28-2010, 11:38 PM
LOL @ nas & lake saying prodigy ain't from qb, first of all P did waaaaaay more for qb than nas & lake, after that niggas was saying he aint from qb but prodigy is on the qb album and the 41st side album... niggas is weird

EAGLE EYE
01-28-2010, 11:45 PM
is there a part 3 of the interview?

also when does P get out? Hes one of the few people who I check for with album releases. Product of the 80's was pretty good, I hope he makes a better follow up -minus Twin on tracks.

Twin should do adlibs & interludes

SKAMPOE
01-29-2010, 12:24 AM
lol that shit about dust blunts and eye for an eye recording, woulda been dope if ghost dropped a verse too, ill shit laced, id rep u but i cant
I ADDED REP ON UR BEHALF..

GOOD SHIT HERE LACED:mmmyah:

J-DON
01-29-2010, 12:46 AM
I didnt like him at first but honestly Twin has really grown on me. His "The Project Kid" album last year was really good.

Prodigy has some of if not the best beat selection currently in east coast hiphop.

J.T.S.
01-29-2010, 10:49 AM
met Prodigy in the dust head era and low and behold dude looked like a crackhead for real.
he was in my hood this was around summer of 96 he had goons with him but he still was p!