PDA

View Full Version : Can white people say Gawd and not get laughed at

zooruka
01-27-2010, 02:02 AM
I noticed alot of white people are saying gawd on this site and this is puzzling to me....why would a white person wanna say gawd when the term has a meaning attached to it, that being the black man is gawd..or even subscribe to this philosphy when the term for the white man is devil...according to it.

???????????

can someone explain.

peace be with you !

Mumm Ra
01-27-2010, 02:13 AM
or even subscribe to this philosphy when the term for the white man is devil...according to it.

according to what?
why are you assuming the terms god and devil are copywritten by one group of people/ philosophy?

TSA
01-27-2010, 02:13 AM
great question, i always thought it was dumb but with this post i realize its one of the dumbest things ever

good question

TSA
01-27-2010, 02:17 AM
according to what?
why are you assuming the terms god and devil are copywritten by one group of people/ philosophy?
well we all know which philosophy we're talking about on a wutang forum where men are addressing each other as god regularly.

Mumm Ra
01-27-2010, 02:23 AM
prof's assumptions of the philosophies attached to the generic word "god" is puzzling to me
but i do find it very stupid when people say that (black or white) without knowing what they're talking about, or just because they heard wu-tang say it

TSA
01-27-2010, 02:25 AM
and that's what he's saying. he's not assuming anything, he's saying its stupid for white ppl to be calling each other god cause they heard wutang say it.

the worst part is they know exactly what it means

Mumm Ra
01-27-2010, 02:31 AM
you're telling me you think they know what it means to be god - I don't think they do

they say it to sound cool, not because they philosophically truly believe they are god
if they knew what they were saying I don't have a problem with it

TSA
01-27-2010, 02:41 AM
here's the thing, nobody listens to any 5% rapper casually. your either in or out and if your in the chances of you learning what they mean by 'god' when they're constantly saying it are high

plus ppl outside of hip hop fans know the 5% nation and their philosophy. the chances of someone using the term god and knowing what it means are way higher then its inverse

Mumm Ra
01-27-2010, 02:50 AM
here's the thing, nobody listens to any 5% rapper casually. your either in or out and if your in the chances of you learning what they mean by 'god' when they're constantly saying it are high

plus ppl outside of hip hop fans know the 5% nation and their philosophy. the chances of someone using the term god and knowing what it means are way higher then its inverseim still incredibly puzzled as to why you guys keep bringing up the 5% NGE and rappers.
they don't own the rights to god/ devil, nor are they the originators of thinking man is god
i wasn't talking about being able to know what some rappers are talking about when they say god
knowing what wutang means when they say "i am god" doesn't mean you know what it means to say "i am god"

but whatever i dont think my words are getting me anywhere in here

SL33
01-27-2010, 05:47 AM
how can black people say Gawd and not get laughed at ?

NIGHT MAYOR
01-27-2010, 06:12 AM
im an FPS gawd - son!

LORD NOSE
01-27-2010, 12:52 PM
using Gawd instead of god......

negro lingo

old negro preachers will pronounce it gawd

the way we speak.....it's funny to allot of them

Ghost In The 'Lac
01-27-2010, 01:40 PM
TSA and Rooka ar confused

NGE was well known for being open to all races. Wu tang were NGE rappers, not NOI rappers. Yes they have similarities, but one is focused completely around blackness, the other isnt.

Listen to Popa Wu on Ironman talk about God and the 'universe being inside you' all that shit, thats got nothing to do with 'blackness'

Art Vandelay
01-27-2010, 02:56 PM

lmao, this mother fucker observes black people way too much. you're like somebody from national geographic studying a fucking pack of lions their entire lives.

EAGLE EYE
01-27-2010, 09:36 PM

lmao, this mother fucker observes black people way too much. you're like somebody from national geographic studying a fucking pack of lions their entire lives.

hahahahah i bet he rocks a safari vest & doo rag to the club!

Ghost In The 'Lac
01-28-2010, 08:55 AM
Yeah that or

I just happen to know the difference between NOI and NGE in relation to Wu Tang...

Which is what you were all already talking about.....

We all have over 5000 posts on a Wu Tang forum, yet you think its 'going to far' to have listend to Ironman, and know that they are NGE......

NICE REACH BRO!

RALPH WIGGUM
01-29-2010, 11:31 AM
Ghostlaced, you do know the 5%ers teach that the white man is the devil, don't you?

Ghost In The 'Lac
01-29-2010, 11:46 AM
smh, im not repsonding to your dumbass lol. youv never met a 5%er in your life lol. Another non ignorant with high intelligence i see.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nation_of_gods_and_earths

RALPH WIGGUM
01-29-2010, 11:56 AM
Oh yeah , I guess wikipedia is a better source than the RZA, who writes, in the tao of the wu, "Since Im known to be a student of the five percents, people know that I was taught that the white man is the devil". So there you go.

And Im not saying the NGE is wrong or whatever, Im saying, theres no "the NOI is racist andthe 5%ers are cool". They're both organizations whose aim is to uplift black people's situation.

Ghost In The 'Lac
01-29-2010, 12:13 PM
and also, the term 'black' had a different meaning in NGE. Black in Five-Percenter doctrine includes anyone regardless of race, and Asia refers to the whole planet Earth, a corruption of the term Pangaea (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pangaea).

Unfortunately, ive noticed the Wikipedia page keeps getting edited by people who keep chnging that part to say 'black means anyone who isnt caucasion', - this is no the true teaching.

I cant control hat your God RZA was taught by someone, but he was taught wrong, the original teachings and codes were probably lost ALONG time ago, after x13 died.

Idk, I dont know enough about it, but I know its not anti white, because that was the WHOLE point of NGE, NOT to be racist like NOI often was. They went out and tried to get ALL races to join.

food for thought
01-29-2010, 12:21 PM
they dont teach all white people are devils.

Clarence X had a white five percenter that rolled with him, who he personally made a member. he named him Azreal and hes still god body. google him, hes still teaching apparently, and has a student who wrote some articles and has some interviews online

Ghost In The 'Lac
01-29-2010, 12:30 PM
Exactly, this whole thread is completely voided.

People love to run their mouths off on shit they dont even bother learning about

Youve got this clown Art Vandelay that SPENDS ALL DAYS POSTING THE MOST TRIVIAL WU REALTED NEWS and has the nerve to call me out for "studying black men too much" because I happen to know Wu Tang are 5%er? Really?

Clowns.

RALPH WIGGUM
01-29-2010, 12:31 PM
lol doesn't azreal mean the death angel or something?
Or maybe thats azrael, i can't remember.

food for thought
01-29-2010, 12:35 PM
lol hes the angel that watches over the dying

im looking at shit i wanna copy n paste but this comp wont let me (@school)

go here
http://mightymercury.com/test/200-talking-five-percenters-and-the-nation-of-islam-with-michael-muhammad-knight.html

its about the student that azreal put on

he talks about azrael and nge/noi

RALPH WIGGUM
01-29-2010, 12:44 PM
"I believe that whiteness is devil, yes. No, I don't believe that a white baby is genetically or spiritually inclined towards wickedness. But to be born white in a white supremacist culture means that you receive a material and mental legacy that's devil. Devil is the only word for it."
Thats the truth right there. What I meant its not "the NOI's racist and not the NGE", its just that the teaching that the white man is the devil is misunderstood.

Ghost In The 'Lac
01-29-2010, 12:51 PM
Listen, at the end of the day you can carry on being obsessed about someones skin color, or you can actully focus on all the cool shit NGE promoted, like Knowledge through science and mathematics, which is exactly the right path

These days I have no idea what the state of it is, I can't account for every nut out there who calls himself a 5%er. It seems these days its veered more into Islam, than it was before, 5% these days always referring to themselves as Muslim first, when from my understanding, it was only loosely based around some of the Islamic ideas.

We Todd Did
01-30-2010, 03:55 AM
Chill gawd, too many ignorant know it all's.

Here are a few quotes I found on the fundamental origin of the word: “The word god seems ultimately to mean ‘that which is called’, coming from the Indo-European root *ghut-, which is likely related to such words as Sanskrit havate and Old Church Slavonic zovetu, both meaning ‘call’.”

Here is an alternative: “Gad is a Syrian or Canaanite deity of good luck or fortune. In Hebrew, it is written GD (G-d), but with Massoretic vowel-pointing, it is ‘Gad’.

Other Scriptural references to a similar deity, also written GD, have a vowel-pointing giving us ‘Gawd’ or ‘God’. Gad, or Gawd is identified with Jupiter, the Sky-deity or the Sun-deity.”

What it comes down to is that the word “God” has no objective meaning. It was meshed together from many things, and has been used in many different ways. It can mean anything to anyone. I think the interpretation of this word is in the eye of the beholder.

Hahah @ gawd word ownership.

praise the almitey W
01-31-2010, 05:47 PM
u better get prepared to get laughed at oh and pray to gawd while your at it. lol

LORD NOSE
01-31-2010, 07:48 PM
why ?

praise the almitey W
02-01-2010, 02:17 AM
why ? it was a joke honestly i don't know why white ppl try to use black ppl slang at all, i'm black but im not into saying thnigs like nigga and fresh it sounds retared when i say it probably because i don't have the black person voice 'cause i'm biracial. plus when i hear a white person act black they sound three times more than a fag than i would sound. only time i actually even do any black slang on here is if i'm in the freestyle thread.

EAGLE EYE
02-01-2010, 02:19 AM
I'm pretty sure most of the white people saying peace god, etc on here are doing it to be condescending you ritards.

Cee Oh Vee
02-01-2010, 05:22 PM
I'm pretty sure most of the white people saying peace god, etc on here are doing it to be condescending you ritards.

I was looking way too far into this...

I imagined they already guessed that too. Wow.

Some people are so stupid.

HETEP. (whatever that means.)

TeknicelStylez
02-01-2010, 08:11 PM
It's Hotep

I encourage you ignorant fuckwads to shut your computers off and meet REALlife people from different ideologies, faiths, and cultures instead of reading a few forum posts and wikipedia than pretending you got their life style down to a science. Your mothers should back smack you

Face of the Golden Falcon
02-01-2010, 08:42 PM
Actually its HTP and it means Peace. The Ancient Kamau didn't write in the vows so it's not known how the words are pronounced exactly.

HETEPU

Black Man
02-03-2010, 03:40 PM
using Gawd instead of god......

negro lingo

old negro preachers will pronounce it gawd

the way we speak.....it's funny to allot of them

Peace.

White people have been pronouncing the word god, as 'gawd' before any old negro preachers.

Some might call it a deep south thing.