PDA

View Full Version : The official: Pun vs. Pac thread

NIGHT MAYOR
01-28-2010, 06:35 AM
in your opinion who is the better MC overall.

fuck the fame it aint part of the game

:spin:

NIGHT MAYOR
01-28-2010, 06:37 AM
DwEqTbaFVXU

^O^

Afficial_Nastee
01-28-2010, 06:40 AM
Pun by miles dawg ! He DEF had a better flow , he had more grimy and hardcore lyrics , he was provided with better beats and he has an album that's better than 2pac's whole catalogue....

Just listen to the openingverse of The Dream Shatterer , I ain't never heard Pac coming with some illmade stuff like that, don't get me wrong 2pac was a great rapper but there a lot of rappers and MC's who are better than him....

NIGHT MAYOR
01-28-2010, 06:45 AM
no doubt - people may start to think that i dont like pac with this thread, thats not true - the fact is pun was easily one of the best EVER, pac was just better at getting across, that has nothing to do with being a great MC. just means you can sell more records which aint MC skills at all, its just a way for big companies and TV to push you into the brains of sheep making them think your great.

pun for the win.

NIGHT MAYOR
01-28-2010, 06:53 AM
QEB7E1nCV6w

illest cypher ever!

NIGHT MAYOR
01-28-2010, 07:00 AM
and just so everyone knows that was before capital punishment dropped, and obviously pun was the illest in that lineup. NO - DOUBT.

Afficial_Nastee
01-28-2010, 07:11 AM
^^^^

Repped !

That was def an ill cypher! And yeah true Pun sounded like he could go on spitting ill lines for days! The only one who came close to being as ill as Pun is DMX , but's that's because of his hardcore and raspy voice ....

Also damn nice to see all them great MC's kicking it together , Canibus , DMX , Big Pun , Mic Geronimo , that ain't nothing to play with dawg !

Big Lee
01-28-2010, 03:19 PM
PUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUN
RIP both

Hazmat
01-28-2010, 05:36 PM
pun takes its easy

angry!
01-28-2010, 05:44 PM
niggas here are delusional!!!!!!!!

2pacs discography crushes puns!!!!!

2pac has arguably 3 classic studio albums, pun released one album while he was alive... classic as it was!!!!!!!

i love pun, but the nigga is bo jackson status because he had a short career!!!!!! one of the best that ever did, but he was a flash in the pan!!!!!!!!

pun developed some of the craziest patterns in hip hop history, but his size was cutting down on his breath control and the nigga punched in all over the place!!!!!! he had alot of trouble performin live!!!!!!

pacs had some of the livest shows in hip hop history homie!!!!!!

come on though, the body of work just doesnt match up!!!!!

its like comparing barry sanders to bo jackson, both elite talents, but one has the career stats to show it!!!!!!

5hundred&one
01-28-2010, 05:47 PM
voted pac, anybody who votes pun probly got a chip a on they shoulders towards pac cuz he's more popular than their favorite rapper.

real talk.

oDoUoSoKo
01-28-2010, 07:21 PM
eloels i agree totally^^

i voted pac.

Khem The Decepticon
01-28-2010, 07:46 PM
H15P4sEzGQQ

NIGHT MAYOR
01-29-2010, 12:10 AM
voted pac, anybody who votes pun probly got a chip a on they shoulders towards pac cuz he's more popular than their favorite rapper.

real talk.

i voted pun cause i think his lryicism is godly and thats something that means alot to me. no chip on no shoulder. i like pac to but put them two cats in a battle, no contest - pac would prolly want to go back to doinf ballet. :t

5hundred&one
01-29-2010, 12:14 AM
I was just fuckin around, I don't really care who votes what. ppl got different tastes and different opinions, I can respect that.

Pac was the definitive rapper of the golden age though, I doubt any of you would argue that!

peace

spiggity_ace
01-29-2010, 12:32 AM
i luv pun but gotta go with pac here

spiggity_ace
01-29-2010, 12:35 AM
QEB7E1nCV6w

illest cypher ever!

i love this session, did u notice all these guys came out flying and something horrible hapepned to all their careers, the only one whos been consistent is mos. the rest didnt live up to the hype, its arguable with pun and x, but pun got his life cut short, and x just started wildn out lol at forte and geronimo tho their struggling

NIGHT MAYOR
01-29-2010, 12:36 AM
dude i dont know bus is a great underground(ish) artist he has made alot of albums dude.

-

_BlXHj_cCnA
dDv9tZ0ACzM

main_man
01-29-2010, 12:44 AM
punisher = the better lyricist and he had that flow that was second to none.

2pac= made better albums as a whole. was waaaaaaay more versatile then many people give him credit for.
strictly 4 my niggaz
me against the world
(most of) all eyez on me
makaveli

pun: capital punishment
(some of) yeeeeeaaaaahhh baby

i'd have to go with pac. like biggie we never got to see the best pun had to offer, just a quick glimpse. and pac shot a cop AND GOT AWAY WITH IT SCOTT FREE!!!! thats one of the most real life gangsta things any of these rappers ever did. lol

SKAMPOE
01-29-2010, 02:00 AM
Pun n pac? Its 2 dif a emcee.. Pun wins hands down..

Afficial_Nastee
01-29-2010, 04:37 AM
Pun was just more Grimy and Hardcore and he DEF had a better flow!!!! I also prefer his lyrics above Pac's lyrics , they were just more gritty!

crds
01-29-2010, 05:26 AM
Pun, he rhymed way more words than n----er, trigger, bigger, figure and henny and enemies ha ha, plus his flow was ridiculous and he had a great voice, I was a 2 Pac fan up till the Me Against The World then it went all downhill for me.

sickdog
01-29-2010, 06:40 AM
Pac fo sure.

Afficial_Nastee
01-29-2010, 06:43 AM
At the end of the day they were both in a different league , Pac was more focused on telling the truth and reaching out to people , while Big Pun was more about lyriciscm , battle rapping and straight up Hardcore Hip-Hop , so it's up to the listener to decide what he likes best ....

TAURO
01-29-2010, 08:14 AM
Pun was the better lyricist but Pac was an icon that inspired a whole rap generation that followed.

Pac's body of work speaks for it's self. My personal opinion is that Pun was the better rapper but Pac delivered more as a whole and that is why he can be considered the greatest over Pun. At the end of the day it's all just opinion.

Ghost In The 'Lac
01-29-2010, 08:43 AM
Fucking "dope lyricist" faggts. Its embarrasing. How old are you again?

Pac's lyrics shitted all over puns for anyone with a personality, i dont give a fuck how you define lrycist, pacs lyrics were better. Period.

i Feel for Pun that hes had to attract these type of losers that defame his great name with their lameness and stupid shit as personified with this thread ('official' Pun Vs Pac? gtfo corny nerd bich)

SID
01-29-2010, 09:10 AM
in your opinion who is the better MC overall.

fuck the fame it aint part of the game

:spin:

Why would you compare the two?

They are two totally different emcees.

Some crack induced thread.

oDoUoSoKo
01-29-2010, 09:45 AM
i love this session, did u notice all these guys came out flying and something horrible hapepned to all their careers, the only one whos been consistent is mos. the rest didnt live up to the hype, its arguable with pun and x, but pun got his life cut short, and x just started wildn out lol at forte and geronimo tho their struggling
hello...mos def got shot with a fuckin Autism gun. :yessad:

angry!
01-29-2010, 10:13 AM
eloels.

another way of saying lol. Used by people who feel they have a need to be different than everyone else, and feel they are above the heads of those who use "lol"

the saddest part is really the fact that "eloel" should really be pronounce (ee-low-ell) and therefore is actually even more retarded than lol itself. A "new low" so to speak.

youre a homo, urbandictionary sons you again, eat a dick homo!!!!!

forget about hip hop, stick to things you know, like civil rights and twin peaks!!!! no one needs to a fruits perspective on hip hop, retire!!!!!

Poetic Wun
01-29-2010, 10:15 AM
well if urban dictionary says it...

12weLvE
01-29-2010, 11:57 AM
Neither one was better than the other, but if I had to pick a fav out of both, I am going with Pun. Although Pun only had 2 albums, I still enjoy them both more than I ever enjoyed any Tupac album. All Eyes on me was great, but just like many double Cd's a lot of tracks were pure filler material. Not taking anything away from Pac though. Dude was great no doubt.

ALCATRAZ
01-29-2010, 01:08 PM
hahahaha fredy mech you been lost nigga, just the fact that you made another thread instead of standin up in the original thread leads me to believe that you are acknowledging your loss!!! i'm not even contributing to this wack thread, peace!!

Afficial_Nastee
01-29-2010, 01:34 PM
hahahaha fredy mech you been lost nigga, just the fact that you made another thread instead of standin up in the original thread leads me to believe that you are acknowledging your loss!!! i'm not even contributing to this wack thread, peace!!

I don't think he lost since Pun is leading this poll and that's what fredy mech wanted to achieve....

Ghost In The 'Lac
01-29-2010, 01:38 PM
U know full wel the guy was only expecting 1 2pac vote

forutnately not every one shares his narrow minded views

Puns dope i dont have a problem with people rating him like that. but dont make a thread versing him on Pac with the fact that hes a "doper lyricist" as your main arguement. straight clown shit.

Hazmat
01-29-2010, 01:43 PM
I don't think he lost since Pun is leading this poll and that's what fredy mech wanted to achieve....

true

ALCATRAZ
01-29-2010, 01:52 PM
who gives a fuck about a poll, at the end of the day when you turn off your comp, pac is still gonna be regarded as the greatest emcee of all time... why it infuriates people so much i dont even kno

pac = goat

ALCATRAZ
01-29-2010, 01:53 PM
Rip big pun

rip pac

Hazmat
01-29-2010, 02:09 PM
who gives a fuck about a poll, at the end of the day when you turn off your comp, pac is still gonna be regarded as the greatest emcee of all time... why it infuriates people so much i dont even kno

pac = goat

no but the threadstarters goal was to see what would happen ON THE COMPUTER. thats why we are ON THE COMPUTER. more people in the forum like pun, even if pac is better.

ALCATRAZ
01-29-2010, 02:15 PM
no but the threadstarters goal was to see what would happen ON THE COMPUTER.

uh no, the threadstarters goal was to throw a hissy fit because i sonned him in the previous thread that this very topic was covered in... he got mad and went and created a whole new thread out of fury... so the poll can say whatever

Hazmat
01-29-2010, 02:18 PM
whatever stupid argument anyway

theheavens
01-29-2010, 03:21 PM
this is kind of a weird poll. I never really compared the two before. they're totally different. I guess Pun had a better flow/delivery, Pac had better content/subject matter, Pac might've been the better storyteller as well...um...maybe Pun was the better pure lyricist simply because his verses sounded like he had a Ph.D in linguistics!

NIGHT MAYOR
01-30-2010, 09:56 PM
the people saying this is a stupid poll, and stuff like you cant compare them - i know - its started when i said pun was a better lyricist in alcatraz's niggas better recognize thread because he said it was so UNBELIEVABLE that pac wrote all eyes on me so quickly.

this thread was intended to be a who's a better lyracist thread but i was drunk when i made it and it ended up turning out that people on this forum like pun over pac, not by much but still for someone who had basicly only one album compared to an actor who had many albums is funny to me.

alca - this thread was'nt about who has more things named after him

http://www.canned-goods.co.uk/graffiti-interviews/images/tats-cru-06.jpg

G9wxLDtQftw

Dirty Knowledge
01-30-2010, 10:23 PM
This shit is impossible to decide if ya ask me.

ALCATRAZ
01-30-2010, 10:24 PM
i was drunk when i made it

it's all good fredy, we forgive you :beer:

NIGHT MAYOR
01-30-2010, 10:39 PM
you are acknowledging your loss!!! i'm not even contributing to this wack thread, peace!!

http://images.icanhascheezburger.com/completestore/2008/10/8/128679892870251417.jpg

NIGHT MAYOR
01-30-2010, 10:59 PM
http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b222/fredymech/Tupac-2.jpg

ALCATRAZ
01-31-2010, 02:28 AM
one star thread

claaa7
01-31-2010, 04:41 AM
i love "Capital Punishment" and alot of Pun's guest verses and i acknowledge him to be one of the illest lyricists to ever walk the earth, but 'Pac was the better MC and artist in my opinion plus his track record is waaaay bigger - he kept it real all the way too, his albums just got iller and darker whereas Pun dropped his classic debut and then went on to drop a pretty weak commercialized watered-down LP right before he left us.

rest in peace to both!

yonder
01-31-2010, 05:03 AM
voted pac but now when i think about it i guess pun was the greater mc and pac the muuuuuch greater artist. but how do you rate a mc...how do you rate an artist? isnt it the same shit? ahh fuck it. its a draw

DR. NICK RIVIERA
01-31-2010, 09:30 AM
funny, 20-20 the result. this must be the first tie in the history of wucorp

theheavens
01-31-2010, 02:06 PM
how about making a thread about the best latino/hispanic mc. that would make more sense

DR. NICK RIVIERA
02-01-2010, 04:40 AM
why? there is going to be some faggit talking about 2Pac, like in every hh thread

Shallah Diamonds
02-01-2010, 11:40 AM
I don't see what was great about either of them. But If I had to choose I'd go Pun

ALCATRAZ
02-01-2010, 12:13 PM
I don't see what was great about either of them.

you don't see what was great about 2pac and big pun.......

.................ok

Shallah Diamonds
02-01-2010, 12:23 PM
Nope, never liked their music except for a few songs here and there

DR. NICK RIVIERA
02-01-2010, 03:56 PM
^^^^well, at least your being honest

NIGHT MAYOR
02-02-2010, 02:54 AM
Nope, never liked their music except for a few songs here and there

did'nt want to but i had to neg rep you for this post, jesus christ *smh*

Shallah Diamonds
02-02-2010, 11:15 AM
did'nt want to but i had to neg rep you for this post, jesus christ *smh*

Whatever, can't help that their stuff doesn't click with me.

ALCATRAZ
02-02-2010, 12:34 PM
maybe it doesnt click cuz ur a faggit

maybe thats why

P-Noid Brown
02-02-2010, 02:37 PM
Pac couldn't survive 8 bars of a pun rap... Are you fuckin crazzzzzzzzy! He was the nicest ever!!!!!

Shallah Diamonds
02-02-2010, 02:42 PM
maybe it doesnt click cuz ur a faggit

maybe thats why

If that's what lets you sleep at night, then okay

Crackhead Bob
02-02-2010, 02:46 PM
Alcatraz had a sig of Tupac kissing the island of Alcatraz. You can draw your own inferences as to the psychological ramifications of that. He gets a bit sensitive when somebody badmouths his sexualized deity that is Tupac Amaru Shakur.

BIG D O
02-02-2010, 04:27 PM
this is a total toss up....

Pun technically could rhyme circles around Pac, but Pac's feeling and emotion that he put into his music was un-matched...

I would lean toward Pun being the better overall rapper, but Pac's catalog and feeling is just so towering...

ALCATRAZ
02-03-2010, 02:17 AM
If that's what lets you sleep at night, then okay
awWwWwWw u sad rite neow?

EAGLE EYE
02-03-2010, 02:55 AM
Pac's nose ring doubled as a bottle opener. SO HE WINS.

NIGHT MAYOR
02-03-2010, 03:51 AM
^hahahaha

RIINě
02-03-2010, 06:19 AM
pun had 1 dope album VS pac got a full dope discography + pun had iller wordplays but pac got the all around better music!

Shallah Diamonds
02-03-2010, 11:07 AM
awWwWwWw u sad rite neow?

So sad I just cried a volume equal to that of the Nile River...

P-Noid Brown
02-03-2010, 12:28 PM
but pac got the all around better music!

all pac really did was bitch in his music ... Fuck u talking about meanwhile pun was moppin niggaz alll around the game!

ALCATRAZ
02-03-2010, 01:44 PM
p noid shut the fuck up pac was realer than any rapper in the game pun was a kool g rap rip off pac was original everything was his own none of his style can be credited to other rappers when i hear pun all i hear is a mexican kool g rap

SPLASH

NIGHT MAYOR
02-03-2010, 02:59 PM
*smh*

Hydro2k10
02-03-2010, 04:33 PM
Big Pun no doubt for me.

Hazmat
02-03-2010, 07:50 PM
p noid shut the fuck up pac was realer than any rapper in the game pun was a kool g rap rip off pac was original everything was his own none of his style can be credited to other rappers when i hear pun all i hear is a mexican kool g rap

SPLASH

its funny how every rapper you dont like is a rip off of some other rapper you dont like. its the lamest argument.

NIGHT MAYOR
02-04-2010, 04:03 AM
well its comming to a close to this thread and at the moment 58.1818 recurring members have said that pun was a better rapper overall - considering he only had one album compared to tupac's multipul LP's and media hype durring the east vs west (mark you for death wont even talk that east and west crap, watch ya left rack it aint where you from its where's ya gt) 90's days i would say that the PUNISHER is the winner.

i like tupac but im sure as an MC he could not stand the heat of the BIG-MUTHAFUCKIN-PUN!!!!!!

F4RPPDzM_II

tupac had no lyrics or flow that even come close to that shit and thats what being a mc is about.

NIGHT MAYOR
02-04-2010, 04:05 AM
and props goes to DITC cause if it was'nt for that crew i dont think pun would have even made capital punishment

PIECE

claaa7
02-04-2010, 05:25 AM
^ how so. besides Fat Joe's input DITC didn't have much to do with "Capital Punishment", Showbiz produced 'Parental Advisory' and 'Wishful Thinking' (which was replaced with 'Still Not A Player' on the retail) and Buckwild made the original version of 'Dream Shatterer' which was cut due to sample clearance.

NIGHT MAYOR
02-04-2010, 05:38 AM
do you realy think fat joe hence pun would have had any money thrown at them if it was'nt for DITC ? honestly ? c'mon man fat joe would have had no love if he did'nt join the sickest collab of all time.

claaa7
02-04-2010, 05:41 AM
^ yeah for sure about Fat Joe, he came up with Finesse and Diamond and all them but Pun met Joey around '95 and was put on the "Jealous One's Envy" LP. sure you could say DITC had a hand in Pun's career but the cat was so fucking talented that i believe he would've broke through either way.

NIGHT MAYOR
02-04-2010, 06:13 AM
who knows tho you know what i mean ? who knows, the industry is cut throat. who knows if gravey had of mad a move he would'nt of been on our tv every weekend.

i think IMO pun should be thankful for DITC. thats MY OPIONION.