PDA

View Full Version : Better album? HNIC 1 or HNIC 2?

sarr
01-28-2010, 09:57 PM
Im gona say HNIC 1...a personal classic to me. I liked the lyrics and the raw feeling that part 2 had but i thought the beats coulda been better.

EAGLE EYE
01-28-2010, 10:01 PM
The beats on PT2 were wayyyyyy better than PT1.

PT1 seemed like it lacked cohesion. You need that to make a solid album.

EAGLE EYE
01-28-2010, 10:04 PM
P needs to get off that wack ass conspiracy stuff too. It made him sound like a tool on PT2.

TAURO
01-28-2010, 10:16 PM
Part one was way better, i've actually been bumping it recently and I love P's lyrics on that record. HNIC was pretty much for me the last time Prodigy came with that infamous style. He was never the same after that.

Jin10304
01-28-2010, 10:29 PM
Part I shits on II. Better beats and the last album before P's lyrics deteriorated into shit.

angry!
01-28-2010, 11:23 PM
i love both albums but this shouldnt even be a question!!!!

hnic pt. 1 is one of the last classic albums to come outta queens bridge!!!!

prodigy merked that album inside out, "you can never feel my pain", "veterans memorial", that was a prodigy niggas never heard before!!!! "keep it thoro" single with the video... forget it!!! that album is a hood classic, straight up and down!!!!!

hnic 2 is fuckin crack though, dont get it confused!!!!!!

fatboybrandon
01-28-2010, 11:25 PM
It all depends on the listener's personal taste, but I'm pickin HNIC one over 2. I think the 1st because it has much more depth and variety in the writing and production, flowing like a movie from beginning to end. Each of the songs and the overall flow of 2 as an album doesn't stand out in my mind as much as 1, but 2 is a decent album though.

To me Pt. 2 isn't nearly as exciting or vivid with storytelling both musically and lyrically as 1 was, it feels more constrained and dark in it's ideas. HNIC 1 sounds more like stronger reaches of expression by P and the producers he chose.

To go from gutter street bangers like Rock Dat Shit and Wanna Be Thugs, to lighter, reflective sounds on Never Feel My Pain and Trials Of Love is part of the varied creativity I love to get out of listening to a good hip hop album.

tzrealzt
01-28-2010, 11:28 PM
'Keep It Thoro' alone makes HNIC1 better. P will never top that song (without Hav).

11th Chamber
01-29-2010, 12:22 AM
HNIC 1 is soo fucking ill, but for some reason I gotta go with HNIC 2. Shits jus fuckin real as it gets

Jammin
01-29-2010, 12:40 AM
pt 1 even if pt 2 is dope

genesis, gun play, can't complain, ybe, that shit is dope yo