PDA

View Full Version : EPMD - Back in Business is slept on, LEGENDARY PRODUCTION

Ghost In The 'Lac
01-29-2010, 02:29 PM
shits cleannnnnnnnn

tIGyZ1GZIcQ

:dead:. And Redman and Keith SODOMIZE this joint.

bKY_ZrWHSyU

:dead:

Sermons the east coast Dr Dre.

Everything is professional perfect. Nothing clears out your sub like Sermon bass.

IDK why Sermon is always overlooked in greatest producer discussions.

benzo
01-29-2010, 03:27 PM
Word. I don't think people realize how much other producers bit off Sermon either...

angry!
01-29-2010, 03:44 PM
sermon basslines still murder most shit coming out!!!!! between EPMD and and redman alone, his discography kills most!!!!!!

parrish was a fuckin monster, one of the best voices and deliveries in hip hop history in my opinion!!!!!! if youve never heard EPMD in 2010, this joints a good starting point!!!!!!

ima have go bang this shit later, good looks homie!!!!!!!

fatboybrandon
01-29-2010, 03:50 PM
Yes that seems to be an overlooked one by Erick & Parrish, those are some of the best songs posted up there I could remember. Another fav of mine is Richter Scale where they laced a dope guitar sample from AWB.

EFlG5LuYOoY

I think Back In Business marked a divide point of EPMD's career where they may have gained new fans from this album who never heard their previous classics, and had fans who were wit them from the beginning that were already accustomed to their music by this point.

I think the overlookers of this album were probably the die hard fans who were introduced to EPMD by the power of one of their previous 4 classics. Back In Business was definitely a dope album, but the impact of the others was probably greater on hip hop as a whole.

They mighta been fighting themselves on BIB, the shadow of SB, UB, BAS & BNP were hovering over their work.

beeboy
01-29-2010, 04:03 PM
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/3L-ajpoP3mM&hl=de_DE&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/3L-ajpoP3mM&hl=de_DE&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

main_man
01-29-2010, 04:46 PM
hell yeah! i used to bump this shit on cassette tape. what chu youngins know about that!

<<<(strokes grandfather beard)

corky831
01-29-2010, 07:46 PM
yo in that richter scale video......wuts that first joint playing..........ik dmx freestyled over it back in the day

crds
01-29-2010, 09:49 PM
yo in that richter scale video......wuts that first joint playing..........ik dmx freestyled over it back in the day

Redman ft K-Solo-It's Like That (My Big Brother)

crds
01-29-2010, 09:51 PM
Oh and Back In Business was a dope album I was mad excited about this album dropping and sold a lot of copies on CD when I was working in a music store back in the day (probably because I played at least twice a day).

corky831
01-30-2010, 03:27 AM
Redman ft K-Solo-It's Like That (My Big Brother)

thx......cant believe ive never noticed that since i have muddy waters and shit.......man my brain is fried

CharlesJones
01-30-2010, 11:54 AM
Back In Business is a good album. I like the songs Da Joint, Never Seen Before(also on How To Be A Player soundtrack), Do It Again(they sampled Tom Browne's party classic Funkin For Jamaica), You Gots To Chill 97, Put On, Jane 5, Never Seen Before remix(they sampled Slave's party classic Watching You). I like the album pictures also. I was disappointed in Out Of Business and We Mean Business albums. I wish Erick still had those funky beats like he had back then. That's why i haven't liked his solo albums after Double Or Nothing and i haven't liked his beats on Redman's albums after Muddy Waters and his beats on Keith Murray's albums after Enigma.

Afficial_Nastee
01-30-2010, 12:05 PM
bKY_ZrWHSyU

Yo this is one of those classic new millenium tracks ! Where were those days when this stuff got mad play on tv and radio.... sigh....

davedigital360
01-31-2010, 02:00 AM
Ya man I remember when this shit came out we were banging this for a while still. But ya man, your right, Sermon and this album are overlooked. Shit I even forgot about it. Thanks for reminding me.

BIG D O
01-31-2010, 03:17 AM
this album was ill man....much like most of EPMD's catalog....

BRONZBODY
01-31-2010, 12:18 PM
my name is BRONZBODY and i fuckin approve of this thread.

back in business is my personal favroite EPMD album.

intrigued is my shit!!!!!!

THE MASON
01-31-2010, 12:23 PM
first EPMD album i bought was this. first time i heard KIM i was hooked, shit got me hyped as fuck.

been lovin this album since i owned it.

netscape check two
01-31-2010, 10:04 PM
Yeah I got this album too on cassette tape. PMD should come out with another solo album.

fortyglock
04-03-2010, 05:35 AM
tIGyZ1GZIcQ

I was just checkin some joints from this album, and the K.I.M joint particularly stood out to me. Keith and Red rip this shit and the beat is off the hook. I can really see the Wu tearing this beat up.

crds
04-03-2010, 09:12 AM
Back In Business is a dope album but Business Never Personal is my favourite from EPMD,there is just something about the sound of that album that is timeless to me and I have lots of fond memories of rocking that album in 1992 and will always remember the day I bought the tape.

I was in a different country, as myself and some friends drove up to see Ice-T and Public Enemy, anyway we went to a record store and I saw it on the shelf, I grabbed it off the wall and paid for it at the counter and because I had my walkman on , I placed in that, pulled out the cassette inlay and heard "Boon Dox" for the first time, I was floored and had a big smile on my face, then the cats I was with had got their records and we bounced.

Once in the car I asked if I could play the EPMD tape and all three dudes gave me a strange look, like do you even need to ask J?, so we cruised around Auckland and I was in awe of this album "Boon Dox" again (and mad loud) "Nobody's Safe Chump'", "Can't Hear Nothing But The Music", Chill" etc, I felt lucky to be alive and later on I listened to the whole album and that was all I listened to during our 2 days up there.

When I got back home to Wellington I found the CD and eventually I lent it out to an old friend and he lost it, which was all good (in time), it wasn't until a couple of years ago that a friend sent me another CD from the US and that has remained in the best possible condition.

But back on topic, I remember working in a record store and getting the promo CD of Back In Business and having a listening session one night and while we all agreed that even though it wasn't as good as their earlier albums, it was still dope and it was so dope to see them back.

fatboybrandon
04-03-2010, 09:35 AM
I was in awe of this album "Boon Dox" again (and mad loud) "Nobody's Safe Chump'", "Can't Hear Nothing But The Music", Chill" etc,

that's a nice way you recounted your memories of buyin that album, it made me reminisce too after reading your thoughts, 1992 was a year I'll never forget. BNP deserves a thread of it's own.

Another memory I have of Back To Business was when Erick & Parrish performed Richter Scale live on Keenan Ivory Wayans short-lived late night show. I wish somebody had a video of it on YouTube.

crds
04-03-2010, 11:36 AM
that's a nice way you recounted your memories of buyin that album, it made me reminisce too after reading your thoughts, 1992 was a year I'll never forget. BNP deserves a thread of it's own.

Another memory I have of Back To Business was when Erick & Parrish performed Richter Scale live on Keenan Ivory Wayans short-lived late night show. I wish somebody had a video of it on YouTube.

Thanks fatboybrandon and hell yes BNP deserves a thread of it's own, another thing I loved about the album was the inlay in the cover where PMD thanked and said to my partner Erick Sermon, what can I say? I think I i will buy a boat haha

I would love to see that performance of Richter Scale, surely it is somewhere on You Tube?

1992 was an incredible year and I am still listening to a lot from that year.

CharlesJones
04-03-2010, 03:51 PM
Business Never Personal isn't better than Back In Business. Only good songs on Business Never Personal is Nobody's Safe Chump, Can't Hear Nothin But The Music, Headbanger, Crossover, Cummin At Cha, It's Going Down, Who Killed Jane. I guess that's most of the songs on the album hahahahahahahahahaha. I think there's only 11-12 songs on the album. Back In Business has more good songs than Business Never Personal. Check Two, PMD doesn't need to do anymore solo albums hahahahaha. His solo albums suck except for Shady Business. I wouldn't mind hearing a few more Erick Sermon solo albums but his last 3 albums Music, React, Chilltown NY suck.

RAW-TASTE
04-03-2010, 03:59 PM
sickkk albumm. epmd brings heat all the time, most of their album always have a few bangers on it at the very least, as well as this one. wouldn't call 'back in business' a classic, but its a banger nonetheless.

some ppl still sleepin on them, they needa go and check their catalog out!

crds
04-03-2010, 10:42 PM
Business Never Personal isn't better than Back In Business. Only good songs on Business Never Personal is Nobody's Safe Chump, Can't Hear Nothin But The Music, Headbanger, Crossover, Cummin At Cha, It's Going Down, Who Killed Jane. I guess that's most of the songs on the album hahahahahahahahahaha. I think there's only 11-12 songs on the album. Back In Business has more good songs than Business Never Personal. Check Two, PMD doesn't need to do anymore solo albums hahahahaha. His solo albums suck except for Shady Business. I wouldn't mind hearing a few more Erick Sermon solo albums but his last 3 albums Music, React, Chilltown NY suck.

I disagree with you CharlesJones;, Business Is Business is a dope album and The Awakening had some bangers on it, especially "Straight From The Heart" and I didn't mind Music or Chilltown NY, but I didn't like React much.

BNP is a better album than BIB to me and don't forget "It's Going Down".

CherChezLaMarauder
04-03-2010, 10:46 PM
I bought that LP when i was junior in HS I think. It's solid but their older joints are way better. I'll take Housin' over any song on that album. Pete Rock is the East Coast Dre, not Sermon. Seromn's an above average producer fo'sho

Mic Tyson
04-03-2010, 11:45 PM
i got EPMD's first two albums but aint hardly listen to em. ima start checkin they shit out. i also wanna hear Parish's solo albums but don't know which ones are worth checkin

crds
04-04-2010, 06:28 AM
i got EPMD's first two albums but aint hardly listen to em. ima start checkin they shit out. i also wanna hear Parish's solo albums but don't know which ones are worth checkin

Shade Business and then Business Is Business, in the meantime you might enjoy this

jaz presents pmd-the mic doc files-vol-1 (2007)

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=9C08W1X3
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=51FTSDIX

1. pmd - straight from the heart
2. epmd ft redman - hardcore
3. pmd ft prodigy - its the pee (remix)
4. pmd - buckwild (prod pete rock)
5. pmd - many often wonder
6. k-solo - real solo please stand up
7. mc lyte-slave 2 the rhythm
8. pmd-in the zone
9. chubb rock ft pmd & das efx-beef
10. k-solo-the formula
11. dj honda and pmd -constant elevation
12. pmd-the truth
13. pmd ft mobb deep & fat joe-back to work (remix)
14. pmd-swing your own thing (izum remix)
15. epmd- check 1, 2
16. das efx (feat. pmd) - bad news
17. pmd- feat. das efx nocturnal and l da pro-knick knack part ii
18. pmd nocturnal and skoob-comin with the ruff shit
19. pmd-rugged-n-raw (solid scheme remix)
20. das efx - rap scholar (ft. redman) [original version]

DiGitalChamberz
04-04-2010, 08:39 PM
man i STILL play Business Never Personal.. HIT SQUAD!!!!!!!