PDA

View Full Version : ludacris is one of the best rappers in the game!!!!!!!!!

angry!
01-30-2010, 05:06 PM
and hes been of the best since he dropped "back for the first time"!!!!

as a pure talent, hes a phenom on the mic!!!!!

he has a strong voice, limitless flows, and is a master of amplification!!!!!!! his punchlines are witty, and he knows how to deliver them with impact!!!!!!!!!!!! ive heard him hold his own and outshine legends on features, kill countless freestyles, and absolutely destroy niggas on record!!!!!

hes sold a lot of records, but hes never been about the bullshit!!!! he stays in his lane and pumps out his shit, but rappers know not to test cris!!!!!!!!!

he deserves more respect, his discography isnt as strong as it could be, but hes got at least 5 tracks i can play to death on every album!!!!!

and word of mouf is deep fried hood classic, fuck what you heard!!!!!!!!!

x0kw_ZfqAcQ

q7hmaOGXhJk&feature=PlayList&p=D42D34B02F9B364D&playnext=1&playnext_from=PL&index=13

q7hmaOGXhJk&feature=PlayList&p=D42D34B02F9B364D&playnext=1&playnext_from=PL&index=13

v4HMzgot0lE

mj2UmT2pVHA
^^^^ look how he bodies wayne twice for effect... nigga SPAZZED!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Xjh3SvnTfVI
^^^^ classic guest spot... BLACKOUT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

OnmyQzUP4hc
bar for bar with giants!!!!!!!!!!!!

pd0Z7ZOYJ-0&feature=related
effortless!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ill never forget how cris dismantled t.i. on young bucks "stomp"!!!!! shit was scathing, they ended up pullin tips verse from the retail copy it was so bad!!!!!!! he threw a jab and luda responded with a sledgehammer!!!!!!!!

corky831
01-30-2010, 05:25 PM
absolutely agree........one of my favorite rappers of all time........prob most relevant rapper of this past decade besides Jay-Z

Prolifical ENG
01-30-2010, 05:32 PM
IMO the last fuckin decade of rap music is his. From 2000-2010. Those punchlines where he takes common expressions and turns them into puns.....and yes the amplification is key. Hes got anything in his rap repertoire that anyone can think of that defines what a good emcee is.

"I gotta pocket full of family stones cats think Im sly!"

"I shoot videos and get knob slobbed in trailers, then make stage and break a leg like lawrence taylor"

few weeks back I had back for the first time and word of mouf on repeat.

corky831
01-30-2010, 05:35 PM
back for the first time has bangas from song 1 to the last song..........dat nigga luda is ill as fuck.......and he still is ill as fuck 10 yrs later

angry!
01-30-2010, 05:52 PM
luda is a lyrical giant that transcends region, good to see some heads here recognize what hes been bringing to the table for years!!!!!

ludas a rappers rapper, and a genuine personality, his album art, videos, skits, it all ties in together!!!!!!!!!

L15csGZdrVw

BM_RWpWKATw

^^^ t.i. wanted no part of that!!!!! this verse shows how devastating luda could be in battle, hes loud, hes live, and he can move a crowd... lets hope someone makes a mistake and tries it!!!!!!!

TAURO
01-30-2010, 06:03 PM
I want to know who has slept on Luda cos last I checked he was well established.

ALCATRAZ
01-30-2010, 06:07 PM
funny, i was in the whip yesterday drivin around 3am and some song came on tha radio by luda and its probably a new song he was spittin bout hella different geographic locations n shit thats all i can remember but i was thinkin 2 myself 'damn this nigga has got flow and delivery down 2 a crafty science' ... i wish he wouldve did more with his career in terms of substance but as far as emcee skills go luda is def top 10 currently

11th Chamber
01-30-2010, 06:14 PM
Luda's been that dude. He kinda gets the Em treatment in the fact that too many people think of his radio singles and dont appreciate how sick they are on the mic

Chicken n Beer is one of the most over-looked album in the last decade imo

Ghost In The 'Lac
01-30-2010, 06:20 PM
ludas been in beast mode for like a decade lol

ERx3Yy7Ah2M

TAURO
01-30-2010, 06:20 PM
Chicken n beer was definately a dope album.

angry!
01-30-2010, 06:49 PM
fdTbfETd__w

hes got verses!!!!!!!!!!!!

and chicken n beer was dope!!!!!!!!!

i think everyone knows luda, but not everyone realizes how nice he is!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Frank Sobotka
01-30-2010, 07:00 PM
Luda got me into hiphop.

TAURO
01-30-2010, 07:06 PM
i think everyone knows luda, but not everyone realizes how nice he is!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Now that I think about it, thats kind of true. It seems like everyone knows who he is but when it comes to rating todays best emcees, he is nearly always overlooked for some reason.

Frank Sobotka
01-30-2010, 07:31 PM
Anybody remember that vid where mef & red punked him?

Hollow Dartz
01-30-2010, 07:38 PM
Anybody remember that vid where mef & red punked him?
Yeah I remember that, but Luda was still flowing over that wack ass beat they gave him, that just shows his ability right there.

ALCATRAZ
01-30-2010, 07:55 PM
it takes two mouse scrolls 2 get past hollow darts epic ass sig LOL shroten that shit up nigga

cap
01-30-2010, 10:38 PM
wow im drunk as fuck right about now, just came back from the club, but im feeling this thread!!!

luda is one of my personal favourites. i copped word of mouf when it first came out, i remember it like it was yesterday. im prolly one of the only people that likes red light district the best though. thats just a bonafide party album imo. i love it!!

Luda is that fucking dude!!!! fuck people that dont see his dopeness.

that new luda track "how low can you go" is dope!! if it was any other rapper i might not have liked it, but luda is just that fucking dude!!

1 to the threadstarter!!

"they say im up to no good, i say im down for the cause"!!!

angry!
01-30-2010, 11:07 PM
red light district definitely had some joints!!!!!!!

that intro... wack niggas retire!!!!!!!!!

that timbo joint!?!?!!? see ya!!!!!!!! blueberry yum yum!?!!?!?! thats smoked out piff!!!!!!!! child of the night with nate dogg, miss that brotha!!!!!!!!

CkfASC-vlNg

^^^ listen to this shit right here!!!! 187!!!!!!!!!!!

Visionz
01-31-2010, 01:52 AM
Outside of his own great catalog, Luda merks every guest appearance I've ever heard him on

SpPgspVhmW0
^nasty

DirtMcgehrk
01-31-2010, 02:18 AM
I gotta admit, even the commercial stuff he drops is undeniably catchy. His flow is amazing. Even dumbed down tracks are miles better than your average club song. I'm pretty sure this is brand new.

ox-lfowevqA

Frank Sobotka
01-31-2010, 04:54 AM
Zez4cM1yM7U

He kills this

kempa
01-31-2010, 07:05 AM
totally agreeits like he has a degree in fuckin linguistics and his rhymes are from a different planet
+ his videos are always on point

and yes - how low is a new joint
i think its supposed to be a single from his upcoming album

angry!
01-31-2010, 07:59 AM
ludacris is a master at setting his bars up, a lot of rappers should take notes!!!!!!! he knows how to keep his delivery interesting bar to bar!!!!!!!!!! and he knows how to build up to the punches!!!!!!!!

and luda always sounds like a nigga shot out of a cannon!!!!!!!!! he always brings great energy to a track, one of the livest emcees out there!!!!!!!!!!!

4gH5-AKo_7I

^^^^ he cripples this shit!!!!!!! vicious!!!!!!!!!!!!!

yonatan15
01-31-2010, 08:31 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5sDnaFvXFho

crazy flows..

MaskedAvenger
01-31-2010, 08:34 AM
Never been a big fan of his music or albums to be honest but there is no denying that he does have talent and crazy flow

DR. NICK RIVIERA
01-31-2010, 09:03 AM
Never been a big fan of his music or albums to be honest but there is no denying that he does have talent and crazy flow

^^^same here. But yeah, every one of his albums have bangers that are also good lyrically

but yeah, we really never discuss about this anywhere. IMO he's better than Method Man, if we can compare these two.

yonder
01-31-2010, 04:51 PM
no1 mentioned growing pains? easily my favorite

angry!
01-31-2010, 05:53 PM
QHLO4mucx-Y

^^^ one of my favorite luda tracks period!!!!!! the way he chronicles his rise is crazy, you feel the struggle!!!!!!!!

thread summary: luda got joints!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

KBOS
01-31-2010, 07:50 PM
Luda is the illest nigga killing the mainstream - probably the best emcee who gets radio attention, he has something for everybody to enjoy from the real heads to the masses people can't deny his sound.

Hénri
01-31-2010, 09:23 PM
Luda is the illest nigga killing the mainstream - probably the best emcee who gets radio attention, he has something for everybody to enjoy from the real heads to the masses people can't deny his sound.

cosign this.

Luda to me is like the southern fuck doctor with more commercial appeal.

Shallah Diamonds
02-01-2010, 01:13 AM
Maybe it's just me but Ludacris is at the bottom of my list. He's boring and I can never take him seriously. His voice is clownish. Even on serious joints like I did it for hip-hop or the made you look remix when his verse comes on it just kills it for me. Well the only time I ever enjoyed him was the I'm so hood remix but then most of the verses on that song were shit save for Big Boi, Busta Rhymes and Luda

ALCATRAZ
02-01-2010, 01:34 AM
he needs more substance but he has skills

angry!
02-01-2010, 09:14 AM
i disagree, niggas like redman dont get penalized for their lack of serious content, and luda will still drop jewels on the occasion!!!!!!

QHLO4mucx-Y

thats putting your life in music, check that track, luda can do it all!!!!!!!!!! i hope luda can put it all together one day and drop a fuckin classic, the potentials still there!!!!!!!!!!!!!

A8g-3ENTKUI

yonder
02-01-2010, 10:24 AM
i agree with angry!!!!!!!!!!!!

!

THE MASON
02-01-2010, 11:07 AM
luda has some dope joints, used to bump Move Bitch to get hyped for hockey games.

hes just an overall consistent emcee, flows and i agree with the point on Redman and his less then serious lyrics, Luda does the same ish, maybe more comical then Redman.

dont bump much of his music anymore tho

Shallah Diamonds
02-01-2010, 11:37 AM
luda has some dope joints, used to bump Move Bitch to get hyped for hockey games.

hes just an overall consistent emcee, flows and i agree with the point on Redman and his less then serious lyrics, Luda does the same ish, maybe more comical then Redman.

dont bump much of his music anymore tho

Redman I can tolerate but not in large doses, Luda just pisses me off
I guess I'm not a comical MCee type

Tommy
02-01-2010, 01:29 PM
6jAnO0t3Q9o

Uncle Steezo
02-01-2010, 03:31 PM
back in the day, i always compared him to a southern redman due to the over the top metas and funny punches. some of his lines have me rollin.
but he's even surpassed that level.

as far as ATL goes, dude runs my city. he's a god here. he was a radio dj for a long time b4 he came out, so his following was strong from the jump.

one of my fav luda cuts
phmrqb6qetY

Uncle Steezo
02-01-2010, 03:36 PM
oh and how could i forget the official ho-anthem?
JxsfEio0L8Y

"u doin ho activities with ho tendancies,
hoes r yo friends, hoes r yo enemies."

Hénri
02-01-2010, 04:17 PM
"its a ho wide world that we livin in"