Mai Wang Tu Phat
02-01-2010, 08:15 AM
Thoughts?

Frank Sobotka
02-01-2010, 08:48 AM
Goat

fatboybrandon
02-01-2010, 09:09 AM
Aside from the obvious qualities of him being a punchline king and lyrical genius, he has some of the best rhymes about the females, real comedic and creative

"I'm quick to bust a mean nut in a teen slut, Big L is clean cut wit more jewels than King Tut"

"I wouldn't give a chick 10 cents to put cheese on a Whopper"

"They wanna know why I'm so fly, a girl asked for a ring and I put one around her whole eye"

I don't know what I like more, that or when he rhymes about graphic violence. His styles and personality as an MC are untouchable and unmistakable.

Notts Click feat. Big L - Work Is Never Done (1997) (http://www.filestube.com/bfc12236238341f303ea,g/01-Work-is-Never-Done-ft-Big-L.html)

angry!
02-01-2010, 09:25 AM
BIG L was the total package!!!!!!!

dope voice, crazy flow, personality out the ass, and bars that hit you like a rock of coke!!!!!

great storyteller, and one of the wittiest street emcees to ever bless the mic!!!!!!!!

2GZn1eyOnMw

a_V365SRcu8

hip hop got robbed of one of its best talents... still saddens a nigga till this day!!!!!!!!! BIG L made it look effortless, his radio freestyles destroyed me!!!!!!!! and big l got unreleased joints sitting around that need to be released for the sake of hip hop, it shouldve dropped years ago but labels get greedy!!!!!!

i also thank L for showing that nigga cam'ron how to really get it in, he keeps Ls name alive!!!! respect to killa!!!!!!!!!!

OYfKMIdoJL0

sons clarity and crispness was immaculate!!!!!! born to rock!!!!!!!!!!

Tecknowledgist
02-01-2010, 09:38 AM
there's not much i could say about the man that hasn't been said a million times before

one of the illest that ever did it! RIP

Longbongcilvaringz
02-01-2010, 09:50 AM
I hate it when people call musicians geniuses because mostly they're fucking idiots with marketability, but to rhyme words together like Big L did, he was a genius.

Flamboyant sums L up, he dominates that track like anything else he was ever on.

Canibus said no one could shine on a track featuring him (which is kind of true), but a Big L verse renders any other verse on that track not only inferior, but useless.

Any track L is featured on i find myself annoyed listening to whoever raps before him.

He puts a lot of rappers people here consider great to absolute shame.

fatboybrandon
02-01-2010, 09:54 AM
Ay angry!, I heard Lord Finesse speaking on DJ Premier's Headcquarterz show about some difficulties in releasing unreleased Big L music, here's the audio: http://djpremierblog.blogspot.com/2009/11/lord-finesse-explains-big-l-project.html. You're right about that need for his music archives to bless the hip hop world

As a Harlem resident of 20+ years, I can say L represents a certain attitude and witty-ness that reminds me of the street characters from that neighborhood, he'll definitely be missed.

Here's a look at my neighborhood where L is also from. The damn place is changing due to the economy, I think it'll remain the same overall though
ILywaxz5Zro

kwabena1041
02-01-2010, 10:06 AM
Easily one of the best if not the best to ever touch the mic. I hate even thinking about the fact he got sent back. He was so fucking dope its insane. His lyrics were so fucking dope. When I listen to his albums I get pissed off thinking about how much dope shit we did not even get a chance to hear. I think the same dude that killed him killed his brother Big Lee also.

Afficial_Nastee
02-01-2010, 10:06 AM
This dude had lyrics that were hardcore and funny all in together! He had great punchlines as well! And he was kind of on that horrorcore tip as well! Mad respect!

Me being a virgin, that's idiotic
Cause if big l got the aids every cutie in the city got it

I sex chicks, I'll even fuck a dead bitch
Always sprayin tecs, because I be stayin vexed
Some nigga named dex, was in the projects layin threats
I jumped out the lincoln, left him stinkin
Put his brains in the street
Now you can see what he was just thinkin

Damn! An ill skilled MC , that's all I can say....

angry!
02-01-2010, 10:08 AM
thanks for the link brandon.. peace to finesse, hes trying to get it done for his homie, these labels should be jumping to get it out!!!!!!!!!

and i feel you on harlem changing, hoods around the US are changing, long time residents are getting squeezed out to appease the wealthy!!!!!!!

whenever i listen to a cam record, i cant help but think of L...

i think L woulda loved crime pays, cams back to spitting that raw!!!!!!!!

baritone
02-01-2010, 10:38 AM
He was so fucking dope its insane.
yeah, it literally is perplexing

rip big l

THE MASON
02-01-2010, 10:45 AM
big l was one of the illest to ever touch a mic

that freestyle on Big Picture says a lot about his talent. and that Fall Back track with G Rap, is just hip hop greatness, those two styles match together like peanut butter and jam

praise the almitey W
02-01-2010, 10:49 AM
Big L lyrics are better then the lyrics of rappers today cause they use slang. big L don't and he puts the lyrics together pretty well.

Makadocious
02-01-2010, 05:03 PM
my 2nd favorite Rapper!!!!
Lifestylez Ov Da Poor And Dangerous is a fucking classic!!!!
The Big Picture is a dope ass album, but i felt they kinda fucked it up with some of the remix production they put there!!!
btw 4 the 1s who dont knw L's documentary Street Struck is gonna get released on May this year!!!!

KBOS
02-01-2010, 05:07 PM
big l is the fucking truth - easily top 5 if you dont have big L in your top five your list is weak to me - for real thats how it is if you ask me

narc
02-01-2010, 05:08 PM
one of it not the goat.. not much can be said

KBOS
02-01-2010, 05:09 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qQw-98NLrKc

look any nigga that doesnt have big l in their top 5 emcees - your list needs to be deaded. Thats how I see it.

Tommy
02-01-2010, 05:12 PM
It just shows how much the talent the guy must have had to be considered one of the greatest of all time after releasing only one album in his lifetime. What makes him one of the greatest though is just how creative, charismatic, hillarious, witty, intelligent, and entertaining he was when he was making music.

R.I.P. to the man

BIG D O
02-01-2010, 06:39 PM
one of teh greatest of all time....

whitey
02-01-2010, 08:37 PM
better than pac and big in my book. idk i really dont know who can really touch the kid. did shit on the mic that made you say "WHATTTTTTTT THE FUCK DID HE JUST SAY"

Bobby Budknickers
02-01-2010, 08:58 PM
who's the faggot that's gonna come into this thread and say that big L was whack????
i know there's at least one stupid fuck on this forum that thinks that way.

big L was the shiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiit

the funniest shit ever to me was on the 98 freestyle when he was like

I RAN THRU EVERY BITCH IN MY PATH
I WAS FUCKIN CHICKS IN THE ASS WHEN I WAS 6 AND A HALF

LOLOL

dude was the beast

corky831
02-01-2010, 11:11 PM
Idk if neone can deny his greatness as an mc............i just wish he was still here.......with the rite label and production.......he woulda been bigger than jigga

whitey
02-02-2010, 12:00 AM
who's the faggot that's gonna come into this thread and say that big L was whack????
i know there's at least one stupid fuck on this forum that thinks that way.

big L was the shiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiit

the funniest shit ever to me was on the 98 freestyle when he was like

I RAN THRU EVERY BITCH IN MY PATH
I WAS FUCKIN CHICKS IN THE ASS WHEN I WAS 6 AND A HALF

LOLOL

dude was the beast

"yeah right!"

Idk if neone can deny his greatness as an mc............i just wish he was still here.......with the rite label and production.......he woulda been bigger than jigga

he was too raw for the masses.

Frank Sobotka
02-02-2010, 07:18 AM
big l is the fucking truth - easily top 5 if you dont have big L in your top five your list is weak to me - for real thats how it is if you ask meHe's the only one that can be top 5 with 1 real album

Bobby Budknickers
02-02-2010, 07:20 AM
"yeah right!"

lol

that little voice always cracks me up

here's a bangin L remix

7ps9HgDp05M

mirrorbeatz got some ill shit

baritone
02-02-2010, 01:36 PM
damn it seems as though his acclaim is universal

MicsLikeTedKoppel
02-02-2010, 01:46 PM
"yeah right!"

he was too raw for the masses.
i
this is true. L was way too nasty (which is why hes top 5 imo). record labels, radio stations, could never give him the play they give jigga or em.

ask eminem who his fav rapper is i guarantee big L is in his top 2. gotta be, em bit his whole style off L.

DR. NICK RIVIERA
02-02-2010, 02:04 PM
BIG L was fucking great. I don't see why doing a thread about somebody everybody loves. He gets enuff shine, there are so many others that deserve some shine too...

BIG L shit from any year still puts to shame rappers like Inspectah Deck, when it comes to punchlines, Vinnie Paz when it comes to...anything, actually ... like Sean Bateman said, some rappers get too much praise on this site

Mai Wang Tu Phat
02-02-2010, 03:15 PM
"I'll even fuck a dead bitch"

lol

MicsLikeTedKoppel
02-03-2010, 07:45 AM
ask beavis i get nothin but head

Mai Wang Tu Phat
02-03-2010, 07:51 AM
One tried to test me, didn't find it humerous
beat him with a pillowcase filled with cans of tuna fish

Sativahhh