PDA

View Full Version : Best Rivalry In Sports???

baby jesus
09-30-2005, 12:57 PM
As You All Should Well Know Tonight Starts The Yankee Vs. Red Sox Serious. In My Mind The Best Rivalry In Sports To Add To That The Playoffs Are On The Line Nothing Better Then That. So What Do You Guys Consider The Best Rivalry In Sports.

InvincibleArmor79
09-30-2005, 01:06 PM
yeah... depends on the time of the year or sport... yanks and sox are def baseballs best rivalry.. with cubs and cards right behind...

profootball.. i think pats and steelers are developin into somethin nice...

college football.. easily michigan and ohio state, mostly cuz they play at the end of the year and its usually for the big ten title...

college bball... duke and nc... love it when they play...

pro bball... not too many big rivalrys.. but i enjoy when lakers(with shaq) played spurs...

*my 100th post... pass the bottle

baby jesus
09-30-2005, 02:19 PM
Yeah But If You Had To Pick One Of Those Which Would It Be?

HANZO
09-30-2005, 03:28 PM
ok real football it has to be Fenerbahce vs Galatasaray turkeys biggest teams whenever they have a match the streets are filled the stadiums packed and non-stop cheering and mainly swearing at the other team. its is the biggest atmosphere because you never get a moment when the fans sit down and stop cheering. you have to see it to believe it the tickets for these games get sold in minutes, and the hype starts weeks before.

Wu-Tang SwordsMan
09-30-2005, 03:29 PM
yanks and sox, no doubt about it. Football theres no huge rivalries because of the divisions and schedule set up but right now itd probaly be pats and colts. College basketball duke and nc but any acc game is huge

CydonianArtifact
09-30-2005, 04:02 PM
Baseball: Yanks vs Sox especially living in Mass ....

Football: Pats vs Colts & Pats vs Steelers

Basketball: Lakers vs Kings? ...ugh

soccer: who gives a fuck?

But yeah, tonight the big series begins, Big Papi's shining his bat which he carved from an old oak tree himself as we speak... ;)

baby jesus
09-30-2005, 04:03 PM
Yeah I Figured Someone Would Metion A Rivarly In Soccer I Dont Know Much About It But I Heard Soccer Fans Are Insane. It Sounds Alot Like The Yankee vs. Red Sox Rivalry To Me Maybe Just Alot More Fights In The Stands.

CydonianArtifact
09-30-2005, 04:05 PM
I'ma also add ..

football: packers vs bears

CydonianArtifact
09-30-2005, 04:06 PM
soccer: Manchester & united? ...

baby jesus
09-30-2005, 04:10 PM
A-rod Is Ready To Go To Take The M.v.p And The Division Let's Go Yankees! Can't Wait For This Series I'm Pumped.

tajeco
09-30-2005, 04:38 PM
Red Sox vs. Yankees is real. Most other rivalries are only because the division winner advances to the playoffs. Here in the NL Western Division it's usually been the Giants vs. Dodgers. They both came from New York, so it's kinda deep, but this year we've both been chasing the Padres.

HANZO
09-30-2005, 04:55 PM
soccer: who gives a fuck?

. ;)can i jus add football (soccer) is the most watched sport in the world so i guess a lot of ppl would give a fuk.

num2son
09-30-2005, 05:45 PM
Michigan vs Ohio State College Football.

Cowboys vs Redskins

Yanks vs Red Sox

KBOS
10-01-2005, 02:07 AM
A-rod Is Ready To Go To Take The M.v.p And The Division Let's Go Yankees! Can't Wait For This Series I'm Pumped.
Fuck Arod. I still aint forgot this shit.

http://msnbcmedia.msn.com/j/msnbc/Components/Sequences/_production/041019_arod/041019_arodfirst_9p.widec.jpg

I don't care if it was last year, cheating yankees don't get any respect in boston

KBOS
10-01-2005, 02:12 AM
can i jus add football (soccer) is the most watched sport in the world so i guess a lot of ppl would give a fuk.
He ment in the US nobody gives a fuck about soccer. Its seen as a pussy sport for faggots and little girls

Sox vs Yankees take the cake mother fuckers! FUCK THE YANKEES, ITS OUR TIME TO SHINE!!!! (WTF, sorry about this, I have no clue what the fuck comes over me when the sox and the yanks play important games against each other, there must be something in the water...

Longbongcilvaringz
10-01-2005, 02:48 AM
AC Milan Vs Inter Milan.

tajeco
10-01-2005, 02:49 AM
That was cool how the umpires got together and got that call right when A-Rod slapped the ball out of Arroyo's glove. They did it on a homerun call too. Excellent umping that game, for the Sox

HANZO
10-01-2005, 01:29 PM
He ment in the US nobody gives a fuck about soccer. Its seen as a pussy sport for faggots and little girls
whats so pussy about it, i think americans dont like it cause there not any good at it. the same reason why in england no one see's the point of playing baseball.

THE W
10-01-2005, 01:42 PM
yankees/redsox = greatest rivalry in sports.

Longbongcilvaringz
10-02-2005, 02:53 AM
Essendon Vs Collingwood.

Ronin
10-02-2005, 09:31 AM
lol at yanks calling 'soccer' pussy

you play a female version of rugby where your steroided female gay players where padding and slap each others asses before games

european football fans would beat the fuck out of any american sports fans

anyway, as rivalries go, ac milan and inter is always troublesome, as is real and barcelona....remember the pigs head incident? lol

for me, birmingham city vs villa is the biggest here as its my local

Fr@z
10-02-2005, 09:37 AM
The Old Firm

The atmosphere is second to none

10-02-2005, 09:44 AM
best rivalry NO FUCKIN DOUBT: Celtic vs. Rangers

some more mad shit.. Galatasaray vs. Fenerbahce; River Plate vs. Boca Juniors; Steaua Bucharest vs Dinamo Bucharest (when Steaua reached the Champions League final in 89 some motherfuckers who supported Dinamo put drugs in Steaua players food; a lot of fights between fans too, allmost every game they play)

shaolin swords
10-02-2005, 10:52 AM
one of the top 10 has got to be texas uni and OU. Ou's my fav team so you i got their back.

Wu-Tang SwordsMan
10-02-2005, 03:46 PM
yeah yeah, i didnt even think of texas vs. oklahoma

Fragmented
10-03-2005, 01:26 AM
lol at yanks calling 'soccer' pussy

you play a female version of rugby where your steroided female gay players where padding and slap each others asses before games

european football fans would beat the fuck out of any american sports fans

anyway, as rivalries go, ac milan and inter is always troublesome, as is real and barcelona....remember the pigs head incident? lol

for me, birmingham city vs villa is the biggest here as its my local
haha good shit,

football wise, any london club vs another

celtic vs ranger, bayern vs dortmand,

ali vs forman, hagler vs leonard,

mclaren vs ferrari

Popa Chief
10-03-2005, 01:45 AM
Tough, but I'll go wit NY/Bos

HANZO
10-03-2005, 02:39 PM
brazil vs argentina crazy international game also england vs germany. all i wanna see is turkey vs greece in a big stadium with both sets of fans innit. the two games played in the qualifiers were with only one sides fans. a match like that will surely see someone get shot.

BigKing.nl
10-03-2005, 04:45 PM
Feyenoord vs Ajax

Bye bye Picornie :W

http://krant.telegraaf.nl/krant/ditjaar/jaaroverzicht/fotos/jo.nederland.picornie.jpg

Potent1
10-03-2005, 05:57 PM
Magic vs. Bird

Absurd - 2 all time greats!

Holmes
10-04-2005, 07:06 AM
Celtic v Rangers

Dunfermline v Falkirk

Holmes
10-04-2005, 07:07 AM
Dunfermline v Falkirk

Jesus Shootin Heroin
10-05-2005, 07:32 AM
I can't believe (actually, I can) how insular your views on sport are. Red Sox/ Yankees the greatest rivalry in the wHOLE world of sport? I never even knew there WAS such a rivalry!
Can't say for sure obviously, seeing as I don't know about redsox/yankees, but in my opinion there are countless football* matches around the world with more passion and hatred in them- River vs. boca being my favourite.

*that's "soccer" by the way.

Holmes
10-05-2005, 11:00 AM
Feyenoord vs Ajax

Bye bye Picornie :W Not good.

http://krant.telegraaf.nl/krant/ditjaar/jaaroverzicht/fotos/jo.nederland.picornie.jpg
Not Good.

WU-KILLAH
10-05-2005, 03:36 PM
Argentina vs England
Celtic vs Rangers cause religion is involved in that shit
Real vs Barça
Marseille vs Paris because it will happen in two weeks
Mc Enroe vs anybody in tennis
Prost vs Sena in F 1 ....
Tyson vs Holyfield

BigKing.nl
10-05-2005, 04:18 PM
Not Good. That was his own stupid fault. Big up to the Hammerman!

Holmes
10-06-2005, 07:48 AM
That was his own stupid fault. Big up to the Hammerman!
True, but football violence has no place on Sports Forum. Especially when someone dies.

BigKing.nl
10-06-2005, 10:51 AM
It was just to show the rivalry between those two clubs.

In 2004 Ajax fans once even attacked Feyenoord players. Hittin' Robin van Persie(now Arsenal) etc. Fucking bastards.

Holmes
10-07-2005, 06:28 AM
I read that there was a debate on Dutch tv that invited Dutch hooligans, I think it was Ajax fans who stormed the studio with guns. Is this right?

TUCO
10-07-2005, 09:10 AM
not cause im such a Miami sports groupie.....but the old Heat-Knicks and Jets-Dolphins rivalries used to be some of the best
:(

baby jesus
10-07-2005, 10:13 AM
Knicks-Heat Was A Good One I Hate Alonzo Mourning And Tim Hardaway Badly. But I Think Yankees Vs. Red Sox Is Better. But Allen Houston Drivin To The Hoop That Was A Great Sight.

connor
10-12-2005, 01:00 PM
its footballs celtic vs rangers no question about it the most hated rivalry in sport its been rumbling on now for 118 years. both sets off fans hate each other due to religeon, countless amount off murders through the years because of it, every time they play hospitals are on red alert because of the amount of patients that come through the doors with stab,slash and beating wounds

Holmes
10-12-2005, 01:13 PM
its footballs celtic vs rangers no question about it the most hated rivalry in sport its been rumbling on now for 118 years. both sets off fans hate each other due to religeon, countless amount off murders through the years because of it, every time they play hospitals are on red alert because of the amount of patients that come through the doors with stab,slash and beating wounds

Its more a religious rivarly than a sporting one.

chiba
10-14-2005, 01:33 AM
in soccer

brazil vs argentina
usa vs mexico
greece vs turkey
manchester united vs arsenal
manchester united vs liverpool

peace

FrenchShin
10-14-2005, 05:20 AM
i think on this forum it's

football fans / US football (what's the point about calling something "football" when you mostly play it with the hands ???) and baseball fans (who can watch a whole game without falling asleep ? plus... where's the rivalry , there's no atmosphere in the stadiums).

TUCO
10-14-2005, 09:09 AM
Knicks-Heat Was A Good One I Hate Alonzo Mourning And Tim Hardaway Badly. But I Think Yankees Vs. Red Sox Is Better. But Allen Houston Drivin To The Hoop That Was A Great Sight.

u mean Allen Houston's lucky shot in the first round of the '98 playoffs????
if so then get ready to have ur teeth punched in my friend....

faderlaceratah
10-16-2005, 11:16 PM
nobody EVER mentions hockey around here. ottawa and toronto for the best rivalry in sports. this rivalry is so intense, the games are so rough

WU-KILLAH
10-17-2005, 05:23 AM
All Marseille suporters vs Jerome Rothen ahahah !!!

U-Samurai
10-22-2005, 07:02 PM
all time rivalry is hands down boston celtics and the lakers. those muthafuckers played eachother in the finals a grip of times. individual rivalries id say, ali-fraiser, and chamberlain-russle is like fucken clash of the titans and shit.

hellbound
10-22-2005, 07:08 PM
red sox vs yankees and bruins vs canadians

RaE
10-22-2005, 07:29 PM
washington redskins and dallas cowboys...hands down.

Cheech Da WildKard
10-22-2005, 09:01 PM
Yup

thwak
10-22-2005, 10:45 PM
baseball: cubs vs. sox

that shit gets real political in chicago.

The Unknown Disciple
10-22-2005, 10:48 PM
I'd say just about any college football rivalry is the best....

iNtell3kT
10-23-2005, 05:21 AM
damn aint no one said Broncos and Raiders yet, shits just evil

baby jesus
10-23-2005, 09:29 AM
If We Starting To Throw Hockey Ones Out There The People From Canada Might Not Know About This Rivarlery Ny Rangers Vs. Ny Islanders. They Got Some Heated Games For Real. And The Fans Get Amped For Those Games If Your Team Loses It Use To Be Like Dont Even Go Into School That Day Or You Gonna Get Bashed Bad.

Woozer
10-24-2005, 03:01 PM
i think on this forum it's

football fans / US football (what's the point about calling something "football" when you mostly play it with the hands ???) and baseball fans (who can watch a whole game without falling asleep ? plus... where's the rivalry , there's no atmosphere in the stadiums).

have you ever watched a sox vs. yanks playoff game. Have you ever watched ANY game at fenway or yankee stadim or at wrigley or busch stadium?

Woozer
10-24-2005, 03:01 PM
damn aint no one said Broncos and Raiders yet, shits just evil

yeah.....

Liquidswordsman
10-26-2005, 12:07 AM
OSU vs that team up north

abasi
10-26-2005, 09:51 AM
sox and yanks

K Dubb
10-26-2005, 01:15 PM