PDA

View Full Version : Racist comments from a fat white republican pig.

MefMan36
09-30-2005, 12:44 PM
Posted Sept. 30, 2005 – As if Republican leaders weren’t getting enough attention these days for the steady stream of ethical breaches, William Bennett – the former secretary of Education under President Reagan and self-proclaimed moral leader– has infuriated the civil rights community and Democratic leaders with what most agree is downright insensitive, at best.

“… [Y]ou could abort every Black baby in this country and your crime rate would go down,” he said to listeners on his call-in program, “Bill Bennett’s Morning in America.” “That would be an impossible, ridiculous, and morally reprehensible thing to do, but your crime rate would go down.”

Reaction from the civil rights community and Democratic leadership was swift.

An outraged Rep. Jesse Jackson, Jr. (D-Ill.) told me last night that this is only the latest in a long list of pejorative comments from the right wing. “When you hear racially offensive remarks from Bill Bennett, Barbara Bush, Trent Lott, you have to ask yourself, “Are these Republicans’ ‘real values,’” Jackson said.

Jackson told me that he and colleague Rep. Shelia Jackson Lee (D-Texas) are drafting a letter to the Federal Communication Commission, hoping that the agency, which monitors decency over the airwaves, will take appropriate action. “I believe this meets the indecency act – he has associated crime with infant Black babies, and there is no acceptable rational explanation for that,” Jackson added.

In the U.S. Senate, Democratic Leader Harry Reid said he is “appalled by Mr. Bennett’s remarks and called on him to issue an immediate apology – not only to African Americans but to the nation. At a time when so many Americans are struggling to recover from two devastating Hurricanes, now is the time to help one another, not feed the fires of racism.”

“Mr. Bennett should immediately apologize to the nation for making a statement that clearly crossed the line,” said Illinois Sen. Barack Obama.

The anger wasn’t confined to Capitol Hill.

Bruce S. Gordon, the president and CEO of the NAACP, wants action now. “I am personally offended and angry that Bennett felt he could make such a public statement with impunity,” Gordon said. “The owners of the Salem Radio Network, which airs Bennett's program, should also apologize."

Marc H. Morial, President and CEO of the National Urban League, said that “William Bennett’s comments smack of such blatant racism and ill regard for all African Americans that it is incomprehensible. His comments are revealing and should put into question his value as a social commentator that is afforded media attention.”

The most surprising thing about Bennett’s comments is his timing.

He picked a week when Republicans are having a morality meltdown. Rep. Tom Delay, (R-Texas) was indicted Tuesday on conspiracy charges and was forced to step down as House Majority Leader. Sen. Bill Frist (R-Tenn.), the Senate Majority Leader, is under fire from New York state prosecutors and the feds for insider-trading charges. (Consumer watchdogs want to know how Frist, whose stocks are held in a blind trust, knew to dump millions of dollars in stock from the nation’s largest for-profit hospital chain, which his father founded.) All this on the heels of the country’s top emergency official being forced to resign, essentially because he had buddies in the White House, rather than qualifications.

This isn’t the first time that Bennett – who was forced to acknowledge a multi-million-dollar gambling habit a couple years ago – has been in the spotlight debating morality. In fact, he has made a career out of “talking” about morality. Among his many works are “The Book of Virtues,” “The Moral Compass: Stories for a Life's Journey,” “The Death of Outrage: Bill Clinton and the Assault on American Ideals,” and “The Broken Hearth: Reversing the Moral Collapse of the American Family.”

Jackson says he is hoping this will be a wake-up call for some Black preachers and religious leaders, many of whom have been trying to convince African Americans they should join Mr. Bennett and the right wing evangelical movement.

“They should issue their immediate denunciations and distance themselves from him immediately,” Jackson said.

MefMan36
09-30-2005, 12:46 PM
What u think about this? I think they should fire this guy, his comments were way out of line and if I ever see him in person he's getting a beating.

Wu-Tang SwordsMan
09-30-2005, 02:21 PM
hes right

Bone Collecta
09-30-2005, 02:31 PM
doesnt matter if hes republican or not look at QOP's thread foo

crass
09-30-2005, 02:57 PM
yeah it's an insane comment. most people won't even blink at how fucked up it is. it essentially says that every black person is a criminal.

MefMan36
09-30-2005, 03:03 PM
doesnt matter if hes republican or not look at QOP's thread foo ^Instead of calling everyone dumb, stupid or a fool, go and check QOP thread and see that I wrote in there, sorry I didn't c her thread b4 I posted this. So just stop being a jackass.

SurreaL
09-30-2005, 03:07 PM
What a asshole.

triggahappy187
09-30-2005, 09:11 PM
What u expect when we livin the ghetto's main u gotta survive somehow some say get a job go to school when u born in the ghetto it hard to get ur self esteem up. People say done complain what bout the cats in Africa? well most brag we the best country in the world, yet we got some people livin 3rd world style.

MefMan36
09-30-2005, 09:21 PM
^True. We need to fix the problems here b4 we go and "Fix" the problems in Iraq. We need to take that war money and put that into school and medical care. I got no health insurance and the gov't can easily have free health insurance but they are more worried about trying to bring democracy to a country who is still in the caveman times than if I can live or die. It's a good thing I am strong and dont get sick or shit.

Peace

tajeco
10-01-2005, 02:04 AM
there's already a thread about this, that one is a waste of a thread also. If you people care so much about some dude who said something racist you should go hold a rally in front of his house, otherwise, ignore the dillweed

TeknicelStylez
10-01-2005, 03:38 AM
Everybody always, saying, "we need to this we need to do that". Well get the fuck up and start doing it. Everyones shocked and outraged by racism. WTF look at the circumstance you live in. Did you honestly believe the gonverment was a group of morally just people that believe in the welfare of minorities? So what do you expect when one of them happens to slip up and make an idiotic remark. Start taking action, start educating your community, make movements in your community, do something. You can sit there and talk about it all day taht ain't gonna do shit.

Ronin
10-01-2005, 07:20 AM
i think theres alot of pro christian, racist against black/mexicans dickheads with alot of money and power in your country and the division between races seems ridiculous from a non american viewpoint

just like the segregation here, money divides and black people have only been free for 40- years so the generalise, people of colour usually fall into the lower money bracket

this rich white fuck outta see the conditions people live in and then ask himself what the hell hes thinkin

nothing like the media to STILL make people of colour out to be the gangsters and murderers

TeknicelStylez
10-01-2005, 07:43 AM
The thing is they KNOW EXACTLY wtf we're dealing with, and EXACTLY what goes on in our neighborhoods, because they specifically designed them to be that way. We're still slaves thats all, we've just been given this Freedom mirage. This dream that if we follow their system everything will be okay, well my moms been doing shit thier way for fuckin 46 years and now these fucks are taking her car away, we're about to get evicted and she works all fuckin day long and comes home exhausted everyday, just to live, JUST TO LIVE. JUST TO PAY BILLS, theres no pleasure for her, theres nothing she enjoys doing, it's just work and sleep. The sad part is if your not out there selling drugs, you live like my mom, either way your still a slave...

Thats why we need to fuckin do something instead of bitching about it.

triggahappy187
10-01-2005, 02:30 PM
See the thing is black people done care, they gone say how they feel usually, White people, they think these things but done say em. Every once an a while u get people like this dude who say how he feels an u gotta admit he got some balls on em.

Ronin
10-01-2005, 04:21 PM
you are pro this dude? if your white u got alot of 'black' slang in your grammar

Unforgiven
10-01-2005, 04:26 PM
the government does the same thing gangs do, watches their own...you guys need to get someone up in office!

Bone Collecta
10-01-2005, 06:07 PM
lmao ronin u are confused you always try to put religion in it. smh your views are flawed

TeknicelStylez
10-01-2005, 06:24 PM
the government does the same thing gangs do, watches their own...you guys need to get someone up in office!Shit don't work that way fried, I live in a 99% hispanic population, the mayor is Hispanic, does that mean he helps out? No... matter of fact more people in my neighborhood have been incarcerated since he got into office.

Sicka than aidZ
10-02-2005, 01:56 AM
yeah it's an insane comment. most people won't even blink at how fucked up it is. it essentially says that every black person is a criminal.
fuuuuck, who cares....politicians have been dissin black people for years, what's new

Big Risk
10-02-2005, 01:58 AM
^for real.

7EL7
10-02-2005, 02:20 AM
these bastards on here is gonna tell us that we shouldn't get angry at his words that they are just words
same kind of people who will smile up in your face and lynch your ass when he gets around his cousins and friends

Sicka than aidZ
10-02-2005, 02:26 AM
wtf?^^^

7EL7
10-02-2005, 02:27 AM
word

fuck them

Sicka than aidZ
10-02-2005, 02:28 AM
Wtf ? ^^^

Big Risk
10-02-2005, 02:30 AM
I never said they were just words, but as soon as people realize that they should be worrying about more important things, the whole racism thing wont get to them as much. Im tired of hearing about a white person callin a black person a nigger, Im tired of white girls only dating black guys Its old shit to me, its bad though

7EL7
10-02-2005, 02:48 AM
yall are so much in the dark that it ain't funny

Sicka than aidZ
10-02-2005, 03:20 AM
huh?^^

Ronin
10-02-2005, 08:25 AM
lol so americas constitiution isnt based on christianity? bush isnt a pro christian?

most upper class white people are part of christianity in some shape or form because its still powerful

how are my views flawed? i love the way everyone tries to defend christianity when christians have caused the most global conflict throughout history

i dont blame religion as to me it doesnt exist, i blame the people who use it as a tool

TeknicelStylez
10-02-2005, 10:46 AM
these bastards on here is gonna tell us that we shouldn't get angry at his words that they are just words
same kind of people who will smile up in your face and lynch your ass when he gets around his cousins and friendsYour the same kind of person that whines about racism and racist politicians and never puts anything into action.

Whats the last positive thing you did for your community?

BRONZBODY
10-02-2005, 11:27 AM
William Bennett-fucking fag needs to get bum rushed for real....bigot ass bastard