PDA

View Full Version : sample database - see what your favorite producer was sampling!!!!!!

angry!
02-04-2010, 10:13 AM
first of all this isnt my site!!!!!!

back in the day, ratting out samples was snitching, it opened up all kinds of problems!!!!! these producers probably hate this site, but hey, the heads are gonna love it!!!!!!!

http://www.whosampled.com/

it shows how talented some of these producers are, check preemos impossible flips or stoupes unusual sample bank!!!!!!!!!!!!!

check it out lemme know what you think, you can search by artist and its pretty extensive!!!!!

enjoy!!!!

Mai Wang Tu Phat
02-04-2010, 10:24 AM
I've been using this site for a while, it's really cool.

cap
02-04-2010, 10:48 AM
nice site.

TAURO
02-04-2010, 11:01 AM
Repped!

This just helped me find the original sample for the Stoupe and Canibus track Indivisble, it's bothered me for ages.

fatboybrandon
02-04-2010, 11:42 AM
That's a nice discovery of a sample site angry!, I never saw a sample database quite like it. It looks like doesn't cater to any particular fan base of music, it's universal.

I could hear the anger of DJ Premier from his words on Moment Of Truth in the back of my mind as I looked at that site though, lol.

All they need now is some bios in each artist's category showing their musical and cultural contributions, more like Last FM. I think the way they have artist's showcased for being sampled, but the creators of the site don't show much genuine appreciation for their music kinda rapes the artist's careers and true meaning to the world. But for a sample organization database it looks good.

Whosampled.com will probably encourage diggers & producers to work harder, but also provide convenience in finding good music.

Shogah
02-04-2010, 11:47 AM
http://hiphopsamples.blogspot.com/

check out this site. Everything you need is basically here.

Mic Tyson
02-04-2010, 11:47 AM
thats tight as hell. i got to see where mobb deep they got the shook ones pt 2 sample. they got a lot of shit on there