PDA

View Full Version : Rapper (apart from Suge) that pimped his artists the most??

sarr
02-04-2010, 11:41 PM
wouldnt say dre...he seems to be pretty fair and interested in making the best possible music. Everybody he has helped (most actually) has gone off and been pretty successful and has not said a bad word bout him.

im guessing it might be puffy...heard he charges rappers a huge amount even for those stupid background noises he makes...and almost everybody that signs with him ends up complaining (shyne, ma$e, Gdep, LOX, Kim...suprised Black rob hasnt said anything yet).

Edgar Erebus
02-05-2010, 06:35 AM
The award goes to the rapper you failed to mention: Eazy-E. Up until Jerry started fucking him out of his money as well, he was the only one on Ruthless label who was making any money.

That's why I can't say anything against most of those who you mentioned: they can complain about Puffy being all over the place with his ad-libs and watering down beats, but everybody who was willing to work on Bad Boy was getting paid and, sooner or later, relased their albums. Same with 50, only that there's G-Unit commandment #1 "Thou shalt not be more popular that the one Curtis Jackson, or else you'll get dropped without second thought."

Among those you listed I choose Jay, because he has the same illness as Dre: if you aren't sure to move huge units, you'll never get your album released. Just ask Peedi Crakk, Sparks or M.O.P.

EAGLE EYE
02-06-2010, 01:35 AM
Diddy.

Almost voted Baby, but he is solely focused on Wayne.

BLACK BART SIMPSON
02-06-2010, 01:47 AM
its definitly jay because some of those trash ass artists he keeps around like tru life seem to be only their to beat people up and beef(with dipset for example) 50 because he doesnt want any of his artists to do better then him

spiggity_ace
02-06-2010, 02:00 AM
master p, he signed artists to one album deals and made all the cash off the albums, he pimped em hard

Frank Sobotka
02-06-2010, 03:41 AM
The award goes to the rapper you failed to mention: Eazy-E. Up until Jerry started fucking him out of his money as well, he was the only one on Ruthless label who was making any money.

That's why I can't say anything against most of those who you mentioned: they can complain about Puffy being all over the place with his ad-libs and watering down beats, but everybody who was willing to work on Bad Boy was getting paid and, sooner or later, relased their albums. Same with 50, only that there's G-Unit commandment #1 "Thou shalt not be more popular that the one Curtis Jackson, or else you'll get dropped without second thought."

Among those you listed I choose Jay, because he has the same illness as Dre: if you aren't sure to move huge units, you'll never get your album released. Just ask Peedi Crakk, Sparks or M.O.P.Yup eazy, Ice cube said he made 30k of straight outta compton when he had written 90% of the album or something.

I don't know about diddy tho, I read a while back that mase was the only one to leave badboy with any money

Jin10304
02-06-2010, 03:56 AM
Bishop & Rakim would like to have a word with Dre....

BLACK BART SIMPSON
02-06-2010, 05:03 AM
master p, he signed artists to one album deals and made all the cash off the albums, he pimped em hard

dude thats fucking bad and i wud assume there rappers from louisiana and niggas out there r crazy im surprised p aint dead

Mcthuggin99
02-06-2010, 11:05 AM
Eazy E. he paid his artists very little. Krayzie Bone said that when they first got signed, they only got paid 12% as a 5 man group

and look at Cube, Dude did almost all the writing in Straight Outta Compton, and Eazy was only gonna pay him 30k. i dont even think he got paid the 30k since he left Ruthless. and i dont think he got paid for the work he did on Eazy Duz It

Frank Sobotka
02-06-2010, 12:00 PM
Eazy E. he paid his artists very little. Krayzie Bone said that when they first got signed, they only got paid 12% as a 5 man group

and look at Cube, Dude did almost all the writing in Straight Outta Compton, and Eazy was only gonna pay him 30k. i dont even think he got paid the 30k since he left Ruthless. and i dont think he got paid for the work he did on Eazy Duz It
No he left because he only got 30k.

It's in cube's bio in the vol. 2 booklet.

fatboybrandon
02-06-2010, 12:15 PM
This is one of the most depressing topics of hip hop discussion, but unfortunately since the music & culture is partly controlled by corporate forces, it's not something we can avoid easily.

out of all them, I've heard the most media coverage label/artist troubles from Diddy, but I was never there to witness anything first hand so I won't speculate any further.