PDA

View Full Version : Denver, CO (whats the science?)

EAGLE EYE
02-06-2010, 08:31 AM
Seriously I might consider heading out there for work. I need the low down. I hear the entire state is like one-big-ass camping ground full of trail mix eating whoights with SUVs and kayaks.

Hey Fubes what are the good bars in the city? Is it really hard to breathe at that altitude? Will my alcohol consumption be affected?

Are their really 1million dollar insurance policies on pitbulls?

beautifulrock
02-06-2010, 08:32 AM
Denver Colorado will be the new capital after Washington DC is nuked.

EAGLE EYE
02-06-2010, 08:35 AM
ok... lol

EAGLE EYE
02-06-2010, 08:53 AM
http://img687.imageshack.us/img687/1025/screenshot20100131at158.png

this how my eyes are gonna look when i spot benny @ his favorite bar or farmers market

TeknicelStylez
02-06-2010, 11:05 AM
Colorado looked real ill when I was passing through. My best friend moved out to Denver a while ago and he's the only person I know that left and didn't come back. He said he loves it out there and he's not leaving anytime soon.

2 things.

I thought city drivers were wild, these mofuckas was doing 80 on slicked roads with no gaurd rails several hundred feet in the air at night time to top it off. We were shitting bricks doing 50.

My ears were popping like a motherfucker, idk how you guys do it.

Other than that the scenery is fucking beautiful, and pretty much the whole west of the state from what I seen was real heavily populated, amazing cities.

But let a native give you the run down.

PuNcH_iN_PuNcH_OuT
02-06-2010, 11:28 AM
I hear they are in the market for gay emo looking eminem faggits

food for thought
02-06-2010, 11:47 AM
Seriously I might consider heading out there for work. I need the low down. I hear the entire state is like one-big-ass camping ground full of trail mix eating whoights with SUVs and kayaks.

Hey Fubes what are the good bars in the city? Is it really hard to breathe at that altitude? Will my alcohol consumption be affected?

Are their really 1million dollar insurance policies on pitbulls?

http://www.forumammo.com/cpg/albums/userpics/10062/hahawtfho1.gif

EAGLE EYE
02-06-2010, 12:06 PM
Denver...

http://i88.photobucket.com/albums/k179/nnnnnNicol/thecult/FridaySmokey.jpg

EAGLE EYE
02-06-2010, 12:17 PM
I hear they are in the market for gay emo looking eminem faggits

Ohh look the guy who is too scared to read "The White Liberal Conundrum" wants attention.

11th Chamber
02-06-2010, 02:51 PM
plenty of bad bitches in Colorado too

TeknicelStylez
02-06-2010, 04:52 PM
I seen a few, I definitely wouldn't mind living out there.

EAGLE EYE
02-06-2010, 04:59 PM
Anyone know how long a drive from denver to vegas would be. (in hours?)

Art Vandelay
02-06-2010, 05:00 PM
http://www.peterbrown.tv/dukedenver.JPG

LoTec
02-06-2010, 05:00 PM
Im born and raised in Colorado. Its a chill state, not very many people over all, it got a divirsity of landscapes. Everyone knows about the mountains thats half the state the other half is canyons and plains mostly.

Mountains are cool in the summer but I wouldnt want to be there in the winter, to much snow. Plus real estate is crazy expensive in the mountains.

The plains are where I live theres not as many people a lot of small towns. Some are really small and isolated. My county has like 3,000 people in it, and its 2,000 square miles, so a lot of space not many people.

The foothills of the mountains is where the cities are at. They are all in a line along the mountains edge. You got Pueblo, Colorado Springs, Denver and Fort Collins. With Denver obvously being the biggest.

Ive never lived in Denver only visited so I cant speak with much authority on what the cities like. But you know is a city, a million plus people in the whole Denver area, lots of shopping, clubs, bars, Marijuana Dispenseries. Snows a lot in the winter, not to hot in the summer. The altitude is not that high so it wont take long to acclimate to it.

LoTec
02-06-2010, 05:02 PM

Around 8 hours im guessing I could be wrong. Ive driven there once a long time ago but we didnt drive straight there. Flying it takes about 45 min.

EAGLE EYE
02-06-2010, 05:03 PM
Im born and raised in Colorado. Its a chill state, not very many people over all, it got a divirsity of landscapes. Everyone knows about the mountains thats half the state the other half is canyons and plains mostly.

Mountains are cool in the summer but I wouldnt want to be there in the winter, to much snow. Plus real estate is crazy expensive in the mountains.

The plains are where I live theres not as many people a lot of small towns. Some are really small and isolated. My county has like 3,000 people in it, and its 2,000 square miles, so a lot of space not many people.

The foothills of the mountains is where the cities are at. They are all in a line along the mountains edge. You got Pueblo, Colorado Springs, Denver and Fort Collins. With Denver obvously being the biggest.

Ive never lived in Denver only visited so I cant speak with much authority on what the cities like. But you know is a city, a million plus people in the whole Denver area, lots of shopping, clubs, bars, Marijuana Dispenseries. Snows a lot in the winter, not to hot in the summer. The altitude is not that high so it wont take long to acclimate to it.

So I take it you don't ski or snowboard? You must be missing out.

TeknicelStylez
02-06-2010, 05:03 PM

about 2 hours from what I remember

TeknicelStylez
02-06-2010, 05:05 PM

Are you talking about that plains/hills in the very beginning of the state... I seen some creepy ass looking people in the service stops there. They were almost more hicked out than pennsylvanites

Art Vandelay
02-06-2010, 05:05 PM
The altitude is not that high so it wont take long to acclimate to it.

unless you are black...

PITTSBURGH -- Steelers safety Ryan Clark practiced on Monday, as the team returned from a full week off, but coach Mike Tomlin said it hasn't been decided if Clark will play against the Broncos next Monday night in Denver.
Doctors told Clark that his sickle cell trait was aggravated by Denver's high altitude and caused a serious blood disorder the last time he played there in 2007. Tomlin said Clark has an additional condition that worsened the problem.

http://www.thepittsburghchannel.com/2009/1023/21397711_640X480.jpg
"When you just go abruptly into an altitude in which there is markedly diminished oxygen, you can have a problem -- even with no underlying disease -- when you have sickle cell trait or sickle cell anemia. The deprivation of oxygen can be catastrophic and you can die," former Allegheny County Medical Examiner Dr. Cyril Wecht told Channel 4 Action News last week.
Clark became horribly ill after the Steelers' last game in Denver on Oct. 21, 2007, and had to sit out the rest of the season. His spleen and gall bladder were removed, and he lost more than 30 pounds before finally regaining strength.
"What happens is the sickle cells clump together and form clots, and they block the circulation," said Wecht.
Previously, Clark had said he wouldn't play in Denver again unless he was certain there would be no medical problems. When asked about it last week, he said, "We'll figure it out."
Clark has undergone extensive testing during the last two years. He receives six injections a year and treats any infection carefully.
"I think, if I were he, in light of what happened to him a few years ago, he should not play," said Wecht. "But that's for his physicians. But I think it's a serious danger."
Clark's teammate, wide receiver Santonio Holmes, said he's planning to play in the Denver game. Like Clark, Holmes also has sickle cell trait, but he does not have the additional medical condition that Clark also has.
Holmes auctioned a pair of Super Bowl XLIII gloves earlier this year to raise money for Sickle Cell Disease Association of America.

LoTec
02-06-2010, 05:27 PM
So I take it you don't ski or snowboard? You must be missing out.

Nah I dont fuck with that winter sports shit, Ive skied once when I was a kid, didnt like it.

EAGLE EYE
02-06-2010, 05:29 PM
I almost forgot CO borders Nebraska. I guess it has its flaws.

LoTec
02-06-2010, 05:32 PM
about 2 hours from what I remember

Nah man you're way off, I live four hours away from Denver. lol

You could get to Utah in 2 hours from Denver. Im pretty sure that its 6 to 8 hours maybe more.

LoTec
02-06-2010, 05:38 PM
Are you talking about that plains/hills in the very beginning of the state... I seen some creepy ass looking people in the service stops there. They were almost more hicked out than pennsylvanites

lol Yeah there on some hicked out people as you put it, but most people arent. Actually most of the towns you would have went thru if you were coming up from the south are probly 50 percent or more people of Mexican ancersty.

My towns probly the one that scared you its the second town you get to if your coming up from Ok or Tx.

TeknicelStylez
02-06-2010, 05:51 PM
I was coming in from nebraska, and yea you're right 6 hours I always forget about fuckin Utah. Yo utah is beautiful to drive through though. It's about 2 hours denver to utah, than it takes 4 hours to drive thropugh utah, than it takes 30 minutes to get to vegas. That's the math about 6 and a half hours.

food for thought
02-06-2010, 05:59 PM
Lotec what city/town do u live in?

Mumm Ra
02-06-2010, 07:19 PM
here you go (http://www.lmgtfy.com/?q=denver+colorado+to+vegas+nevada+drive+hours)

LoTec
02-06-2010, 08:29 PM
I was coming in from nebraska, and yea you're right 6 hours I always forget about fuckin Utah. Yo utah is beautiful to drive through though. It's about 2 hours denver to utah, than it takes 4 hours to drive thropugh utah, than it takes 30 minutes to get to vegas. That's the math about 6 and a half hours.

Oh from Nebraska, Ive never really been in that part of the state so I dont know what people are like up there.

Yeah six and a half hours sounds about right. When I went by car the last time we went thru New Mexico and Arizona.

LoTec
02-06-2010, 08:31 PM
Lotec what city/town do u live in?

I live in Springfield, its straight south of Lamar, in the south east corner. I can be in Kansas or Ok in 30 min and Tx in an hour. Your in Pueblo right?

TeknicelStylez
02-06-2010, 09:11 PM
it was pretty crazy scenery, straight rolling hills, -2 degree weather on a sunny day. it's funny how the most populated area is what you would expect to be uninhabitable, giant mountains. the way they drive in that area is crazy too. colorado drivers are gangster

food for thought
02-06-2010, 11:02 PM
I live in Springfield, its straight south of Lamar, in the south east corner. I can be in Kansas or Ok in 30 min and Tx in an hour. Your in Pueblo right?

yea i go to CSU out here

any other time i stay in Aurora though. graduated from Rangeview

i lived in the springs freshman year of high school