PDA

View Full Version : Kool G Rap - The Giacana Story... lyrical thug shit!!!!!!!!

angry!
02-06-2010, 10:59 AM
i already did a thread on roots of evil, now the follow ups getting the same treatment!!!!!!!!!!

kool g dropped the giacana story on koch records, and murdered the entire disc!!!!!!!!!!

this album has some of the hardest songs of g raps career, gunpowder on your shoelace shit!!!!!!!!! g rap spazzed on every track, still painting pictures with one of the most advanced skillsets in rap!!!!!!!!!! the production was solid, and g rap assassinated every beat!!!!!!!

if you dont have this album, track it down ASAP and let it bang out this weekend!!!!

zFXH73i77yU

5lkGO0-hzq4

p0YSC26P1Gg

^^^ one of the greatest g rap songs of all time!!!!!!!!! nigga fucks that track inside out, this shit broke my spirit the first time i heard it!!!!!!!!!! vicious!!!!!

famenchuan
02-06-2010, 11:01 AM
fight club is my shit. fucking love that joint. Label fucked with the album though. Remember a g rap interview saying he was not happy with this album.

angry!
02-06-2010, 11:14 AM
yeah homie... i slipped up with the original title, g rap has had some bad luck with the business side of the game!!!!!!

giacana story is the type of album you slide in and play start from finish!!!! absolute demo in how to dismantle all kinds of beats!!!!! g rap crippled every track on this bitch, blackout special!!!!!!!!!!!

classic collabos too!!!!
JP5F6C6qM6Q&feature=related

g rap is gonna be an animal on the mic till his heart gives out, niggas accepted this fact when g blessed ear drums with giacana story in 2002!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

fatboybrandon
02-06-2010, 11:57 AM
This album sounded like G Rap was beginning to experiment more to add onto his traditional sound, mainly when I think about some of the choruses & production. I wasn't addicted to it when I bought it like his previous albums, but parts of the album I've grown to like alot over time.

Those 4 songs you posted angry!, they are the standouts of the album to me, the ones that come to mind 1st. I haven't listened to the album front to back in a while but have some of those in reg. rotation.

http://www.kingunderground.com/catalog/images/david%20axelrod%20-%20songs%20of%20experience.jpg

One of my favorites is the Buckwild produced "Holla Back", one of illest uses of David Axelrod I've heard in a hip hop song, DITC producers were masters of this.

TGS might have been better if G Rap provided a wider variety of sound heard on his earlier albums, instead of making it so dark overall. The variety was one of his strong points, going from "Erase The Racism" to "Death Wish" on 1 album, Blowin Up In The World to Take Em To War on 1 album, etc.

angry!
02-06-2010, 12:12 PM
no doubt brandon... g rap definitely updated the formula with this release!!!!!!

buckwild is that nigga, hes had a hand in tons of classic shit and his name still doesnt pop like it should!!!!!!!!!!

as far as the album.. i thought g raps hooks were fuckin gangsta on this shit!!!! he was coming with grimey hooks that hit you like a ton of bricks to tie in his machine gun verses!!!!!!!!!!!!!

and the giacana story was definitely dark... hitmans journal type shit, shell casing burn marks on your forearm type shit!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

hes still finding and freaking new patterns today, kool g never sleeps on his pen!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! everytime he hits the booth hes trying to top his last shit, hungry for more!!!!!!!!!!

fatboybrandon
02-06-2010, 12:31 PM
i thought g raps hooks were fuckin gangsta on this shit!!!! he was coming with grimey hooks that hit you like a ton of bricks to tie in his machine gun verses!!!!!!!!!!!!!
^that's what I was think about when speaking on his experimentation, his style seemed to cater more to the vibe I felt on the streets at that time, something like The LOX, CNN & Mobb Deep. It's easier to realize it now when I look back on that past time.

Osi
02-06-2010, 03:52 PM
Majorly slept on album, My Life and Fight Club are my fav tracks

RAW-TASTE
02-06-2010, 04:18 PM
great album, when you made that other g rap thread, it got me in the mood to listen to giancana story again for some reason hahahahah. shit is crazy, never gets old!

spiggity_ace
02-06-2010, 06:33 PM
this shit was better than i expected, it woulda been better if that grap snoop and devin the dude song, keep on goin was on here that join is ill as fuck, it was still nice i love the 2 mobb deep collabos, and my life was a blazin single shoulda got more play on that

angry!
02-06-2010, 10:11 PM
thug shit with flawless execution, thats what g rap offers!!!!! the storytelling wasnt as heavily featured this go around, this was some live and direct, aim for the chest, high energy street rap!!!!!!!! an average emcee in his prime would need an oxygen mask in the booth if they tried matching g rap word for word on giacana story!!!!! and g rap is a one take killa, no studio tricks needed!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! punch ins?!?!?!? please!!!!!!!

7Vri9iHVByQ

"Yo it's a whole city of animals
Cannibals, bloodthirsty niggaz that hammer you
and handle you, shots makin you flammable
That's what an evil man's plan'll do
Vandal you, candle you, dismantle you
Leavin your fam and crew, pan a few blocks
Bodies in camera view, for a grand or two
Land you on channel two
When niggaz can't eat, that's what the fam'll do
Leave you for the mantle, examine you
For the van to come transfer you
Too late to bandage you, too much damage to you
The coroners know how to manage you
Down in they land they planted you
That's what the cannons do, forever branded you
Spare cannoned you, abandoned you, rock you to sleep
Niggaz surrounded you, death wish granted you, fan at you
Went to my hundred shot clip when they flip & throw a grand at you
Peel your shit open like a can of brew
Then they work from the mandible, havin you livin where the salmon do
The good die young, redrum, who left to take a stand for you"

rrrreeewwwwiiiiiiinnnnnnnddddddddd!!!!!!!!!!!! rewind!!!!!!!! every verse is worth quoting, nigga spazzed!!!!!!!!!!

YungSunny
02-07-2010, 08:15 AM
Hey guys I just listened to a 7 year old album for the first time, come read my post about a album you should already know about.

angry!
02-07-2010, 09:15 AM
when have you ever added anything to hip hop discussion lil nigga?!!??! i show love to albums niggas should know about, you got thousands of posts of absolutely nothing!!!!!!!!! this is where you talk hip hop, somethin you dont know much about!!!!!!!!

2002... lets see.... you were about 8 years old... but you heard it then huh?!?!?!? fuck outta here bitch nigga!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

youre a miserable piece of shit, i doubt youve heard this album, otherwise youd be able to add something relevant other than adding a cheap nothing in passin like a fuckin broad!!!!! now, think real hard about your response and come with somethin witty, since this is what your 15 year old self does for fun!!!!!!!!!

GhettoGnom
02-07-2010, 09:36 AM
^Lmao, you actually just listened to this?

OT;
Yeah, this album is greatness, just like G Rap's first 5 albums.

angry!
02-07-2010, 09:55 AM
where did i say that?!?!

i copped the album when it came out, i made a thread to show it love!!!!!!!

only a faggot nigga would have a problem with g rap gettin some love!!!!!

see yungsunny!!!!

g rap doesnt have a weak album in his catalogue, rated XXX was crack for what it was, and if he dropped an album 2marrow im sure itd be crack!!!!!

giacanna story was some real disrespectful shit, and the way g rap did niggas on "holla back" was foul!!!!!!!!!!!

Zagnif Nori
02-07-2010, 10:46 AM
G Rap is the greatest, simple as that.

-NOBLE SCITY-
-Crucial The Guillotine-Gripz-Illy Vas-Kaotny-Zagnif Nori-

Tommy
02-07-2010, 12:09 PM
I think Kool G Rap is one of those rappers that everybody shows love to, but not many people have actually listened to his extensive discography. I admit, I'm one of those guys and I think it's time I'm gonna step it up by listening to all his albums.

@YungSunny, what the fuck does it matter if he's only just listened to it (not that he has) and decided to post this thread up? I, for one, appreciate the shit angry! brings to this section because it makes me aware of stuff I wouldn't normally check out. Instead of coming in here with your shitty ass comments, either contribute or stay the fuck out.

angry!
02-07-2010, 01:00 PM
the lil niggas a hater homie, he cant help himself!!!! ive never seen him add anything relevant to hip hop discussion nor back up any of his talking points, just worthless post after worthless post!!!!!!!!

thats peace tommy, youll be falling in love with g raps discography very soon!!!!! one of the best emcees to ever do it!!!!!! you peep the sample tracks i upped?!?!!?!

krs one
rakim
kool g rap

the holy trinity, these 3 in their 40's can still outspit 90% of the emcees rapping in 2010!!!!!!!!!

Durag
02-07-2010, 01:24 PM
Ill album, i actuallu think this album is better than "4,5,6", never really understood how people think that was G Rap's best solo album. Some of the beats are a litte suspect.

Anyways, G Rap with DJ Polo > G Rap solo

YungSunny
02-07-2010, 07:11 PM
it makes me aware of stuff I wouldn't normally check out.
you basically just said you wouldn't check out kool g rap if angry! didn't bring his albums to your attention. Get out.

And you're from england.

I didn't say anything regarding whether or not I like kool g rap so I don't see where this "sunny's a hater" talk is coming from. I fucks with kool g rap, don't worry your family getting your blood pressure high on the computer.

RAW-TASTE
02-07-2010, 09:54 PM
Ill album, i actuallu think this album is better than "4,5,6", never really understood how people think that was G Rap's best solo album. Some of the beats are a litte suspect.

Anyways, G Rap with DJ Polo > G Rap solo

lol you're not the only one, i always thought this is better than 4,5,6 as well, this whole album has more street beats and a more "mafioso feeling" if you get me. not sayin that 4,5,6 didnt either, but this feels more "street".

but yea the albums with dj polo are his best, although giancina can compete with them imo

Tommy
02-08-2010, 09:00 AM
you basically just said you wouldn't check out kool g rap if angry! didn't bring his albums to your attention. Get out.

And you're from england.

I've checked all of his shit with DJ Polo but I admit I'm not that savvy on his whole solo collection. What the fuck do you do with your life, kid? Sit on Wikipedia each day researching all these rappers and listening to every single one of their songs? Sorry son I've got better things to do.

Oh, and me being from England has no preference on my hip hop knowledge or what shit I enjoy.

YungSunny
02-08-2010, 08:11 PM
lol stop getting mad

on the internet