PDA

View Full Version : out of all rappers....

praise the almitey W
02-07-2010, 04:34 PM
who do you think has the biggest effect on hip hop or even the world?
for me its 2pac most of his raps are poetic and touch on subjects like race, poverty,famine,and war just to name a few. plus his song changes is on the vaticans myspace playlist which i don't care about that but i think its nice the vatican recognized his work.

claaa7
02-07-2010, 04:45 PM
FUCK the vatican, but yeah 2Pac, followed by Wu-Tang Clan

P-Noid Brown
02-07-2010, 04:58 PM
all the usual names mentioned... i wonder if the world can go a day without saying 2 pac biggie, wu-tang , nas or jay.....

claaa7
02-07-2010, 05:02 PM
^ lol well who we gonna name in a thread like this?? Pharoahe Monch?

LORD NOSE
02-07-2010, 05:16 PM
RunDmc

EAGLE EYE
02-07-2010, 05:45 PM
Vatican myspace playlist????!!

http://www.guitarsandaudio.com/extras/shite/Kyles_Mom.gif

Sky Blue Bally Kid
02-07-2010, 05:56 PM
Eminem

YungSunny
02-07-2010, 06:18 PM
The only impact biggie made on hip hop was getting shot.

I'm not hating, but really though, he didn't really bring anything new to the table except his voice. We all know easy mo bee was the main reason ready to die was great.

DR. NICK RIVIERA
02-07-2010, 06:57 PM
he perfected the rugged street shit, and his love/sex stories weren't corny.

I think that deserves a little recognision, anyway.

All the charges and the shootings and whatnot, really hurts hiphops reputation. I usually don't care about fans and haters, but some people really dislike Pac, Biggie, Eminem and others just because they were always mentioned somewhere. I guess thats what drives some people to not pay attention to the mainstream and all the news revolving them.

I'd say Rakim is the most influental, but does it matter? No.

YungSunny
02-07-2010, 07:09 PM
Me and my bitch was mad ill, no doubt.

Hollow Dartz
02-07-2010, 07:37 PM
YungSunny u posted this comment about a Shaq O Neal rap "Anyone whos hating on this has no lyrical knowledge. "
HERE IS THE VIDEO BELOW.
VVB1xkuaysk
YES. BAN YOURSELF FROM Hip-Hop for awhile.

YungSunny
02-07-2010, 07:46 PM
Lol wow you did your research, ha?
Sarcasm just flys by your head, ha?

Hollow Dartz
02-07-2010, 07:57 PM
Naw actually my friend sent me a link to the video like 2 weeks ago and I seen your comment. Let's Green Egg and Ham It...

YungSunny
02-07-2010, 08:29 PM
So you waited 2 weeks for me to post so you could reference my comment? :i

ALCATRAZ
02-07-2010, 10:42 PM
this is a 2pac appreciation thread

oDoUoSoKo
02-07-2010, 10:45 PM
who do you think has the biggest effect on hip hop or even the world?
for me its 2pac most of his raps are poetic and touch on subjects like race, poverty,famine,and war just to name a few. plus his song changes is on the vaticans myspace playlist which i don't care about that but i think its nice the vatican recognized his work.
ya i agree..2pac is the GOAT

:cheerlie:

sdeblasi
02-07-2010, 10:51 PM
realistically probably KRS-One

ALCATRAZ
02-07-2010, 11:29 PM
realistically, no^

Mumm Ra
02-07-2010, 11:58 PM
Eminem
i hope this was a joke

praise the almitey W
02-08-2010, 07:23 AM
above: i agree with mumma ra is that a joke? only a white person would come up with eminem no offense to anyone.

Edgar Erebus
02-08-2010, 11:20 AM
Afrika Bam.

Sky Blue Bally Kid
02-08-2010, 04:45 PM
NOT thinking that Eminem has had a big effect on hip hop/the world is a joke...

ALCATRAZ
02-08-2010, 04:53 PM
yeah but he dont have the same influence pac has... even em sounds like a little kid talkin about his memories of pac... remember when he took that long break from rapping? remember what he was doing? destroying pac vocals with his wack ass military marching beats... no hate but it goes to show how much pull pac has even amongst the legends of 2day

Sky Blue Bally Kid
02-08-2010, 05:07 PM
Em definitely is a major influence (not saying Pac isn't or Em is more so than Pac etc.) but I think it's different generations slightly that would consider one more so than the other.

I'd say Em truely brought hip hop to the main stream and is now considered a GOAT based on his mc skills alone. And for a white person to achieve both of these is an immense effect on hip hop.

Sativahhh
02-08-2010, 05:12 PM
absolutly Pac and a little N.w.a public enemy

Mumm Ra
02-08-2010, 05:50 PM
you gotta go back to all the MCs who eminem would tell you made him want to be an MC before you can call eminem out
he didn't even enter my train of thought when thinking of this topic

ALCATRAZ
02-08-2010, 05:54 PM
eminem did not bring rap to the mainstream come on now

Mumm Ra
02-08-2010, 05:57 PM
lol for real now
hip hop has been in the main stream since eminem was in grade school

angry!
02-08-2010, 06:07 PM
eminem did not bring rap to the mainstream come on now

word?!?!?! son had a tremendous impact on the culture!!!!!!! white america wasnt running to accept eminem until he was certified by black america freestyling and getting on through show and prove... he caught a buzz on his steam battling his way to relevance!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ever seen 8 mile!?!??!?!

that movie brought the underground scene to the forefront and re-energized the battle circuit!!!!!!!!!

where i stand, id say rakim is the most influential... but a white kid in his early 20's might say em!!!!!!!! its all perspective nigga!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sky Blue Bally Kid
02-08-2010, 06:09 PM
Hip hop wasn't in the mainstream to the extent it is today before Eminem. RnB maybe but not hip hop.

angry!
02-08-2010, 06:19 PM
eminem may have the largest audience in hip hop...

he sold nearly 2 millions albums in one week while alive, i remember when hip hop records were hidden in record shops son!!!!!!!!!!!!!! i never thought id see an emcee with genuine skill blow up to those heights... the games always been rigged homie!!!! you gotta respect it!!!!!!!!!

em changed the landscape, love it or hate it!!!!!!! eminem during the eminem show and 8 mile period, may have been the genres peak of popularity!!!!!!!!!! i dont think any other emcee in historys seen those heights while alive!!!!!!!!!!

Mumm Ra
02-08-2010, 06:20 PM
im leaning towards sunny's answer on this one tho - run dmc
even though im not really down with them - but you ask nearly any mc from the 80s/ 90s and it seems run dmc is their number one reason they wanted to start rhyming, even the wu member's im pretty sure

ALCATRAZ
02-08-2010, 06:20 PM
he has influence but there is no way in hell i'm cosigning the notion that eminem brought mainstream rap to the forefront, sorry guys

angry!
02-08-2010, 06:23 PM
niggas were going platinum before em, diamond though!?!?!?!?!?

i never thought id see something like that comin up!!!!!!!!!!!!

im not saying he brought rap to the mainstream, but the nigga gave it a makeover!!!!!!!!

GhettoGnom
02-08-2010, 06:25 PM
So you waited 2 weeks for me to post so you could reference my comment? :i

Yeah, he probably sat on his computer the whole time, refreshing your profile so he could hit you with that shit the moment you posted anything he didn't agree with.

OT;
On Hip Hop:
Rakim & Wu-Tang
On the world:
Jay-Z & 2pac
edit-
yeea, could add Eminem, but I don't think he's up there with Jay & Pac, his peak was too short. He only really made a lot of controversy and debates during SSLP - MMLP.
edit2-
yeaah, could probably add Run DMC as far as on hip hop, didn't think of them tbh.

Prolifical ENG
02-08-2010, 06:42 PM
Dr. Dre did. (technically more of a producer though than a rapper)

NWA days, The Chronic and Death Row Records, then Aftermath (with Eminem) and he dropped another bomb called 2001 a few months after Eminem's SSLP (which he exec. produced).

The south didnt blow up until Dre stepped back.

zooruka
02-08-2010, 10:51 PM
Hip hop wasn't in the mainstream to the extent it is today before Eminem. RnB maybe but not hip hop.

I agree...

as for the question I would say rza...but that will be seen in the future more so than now.

peace be with you !