Remain the same
And only change with the time

bamboo
02-09-2010, 02:44 AM
Haha damn...!
So on point!

NIGHT MAYOR
02-09-2010, 02:57 AM
some artists take it as a job, some artists take it as art. artists should take it as art.
like pun did - if pun was still around i bet joe would have kept in line
joe was the weakest link

NIGHT MAYOR
02-09-2010, 02:59 AM
http://www.wutang-corp.com/forum/showthread.php?t=90336&page=6

artists beat media whores with real heads. make it known

FUCK THE FAME IT AINT PART OF THE GAME

claaa7
02-09-2010, 05:41 AM
some artists take it as a job, some artists take it as art. artists should take it as art.
like pun did - if pun was still around i bet joe would have kept in line
joe was the weakest link

no disrespect to the dead, Pun was one of the greatest, but if you check the transition from the dark, honest and grimey "Capital Punishment" LP to the light-hearted and commercial "Yeah Baby" it's pretty obvious Pun was trying to appeal to a wider audience. he even said it himself in The Source when speaking on the making of the LP.

NIGHT MAYOR
02-09-2010, 05:58 AM
i agree - BUT, did he sell out ? did he take the route that joe did ? NO

AND i dont think he ever would, pun was too street, disagree - see what they see.

claaa7
02-09-2010, 06:09 AM
^ i see what you saying, i wouldn't say that Pun sold out with the album although, as he said, he made it what it was to get more cash since it would appeal to a wider audience. nothing wrong with that, people bashing rappers because they wanna make alot of cash is fucking stupid, but everything gotta have a limit and the way Fat Joe totally sold out is definitely non-acceptable.

He completely abandond all his roots, it's amazing to think about that he was actually a member of the fucking Diggin' In the Crates crew. it's funny though, cuz Big Pun was the guy who convinced Joe to start doing commercial shit to bein with lol.

and also Fatty is making a new album called "The Darkside V.1" where he said he was going back to his roots and making a raw street album like his old shit. Well the first single leaked, it features Young Jeezy and is produced by Scoop DeVille. so much for going back to his roots huh

NIGHT MAYOR
02-09-2010, 06:38 AM
i dunno dude, selling out to me is when you change your ORIGINAL intentions and change your musical career, big pun kept it real with the time he had, i have always respected your opinions but i think right now your TRIPPIN

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DwEqTbaFVXU

dude was real from day one, he ALWAYS wanted pussy, so he NEVER changed his head for the industry

SMELLS ME ?

FlamingSwordz
02-09-2010, 07:02 AM
Thats funny shit because a few days ago I had that Big L track on at work and I thought the EXACT same thing.

And honestly, Pun would've eventually went all out pop rap. Just my opinion.

NIGHT MAYOR
02-09-2010, 07:13 AM
i still think pun was ion it more for the love not the life. but thats me ?!?!?!?

real regonize real

y7mWK_Z69qA

"you aint even in my class-a"

claaa7
02-09-2010, 07:22 AM
i dunno dude, selling out to me is when you change your ORIGINAL intentions and change your musical career, big pun kept it real with the time he had, i have always respected your opinions but i think right now your TRIPPIN

nah man i agree with you, i think you misunderstood me cuz i wasn't saying Pun sold out imo. what i'm trying to say was that he decided to make a bit more commercial records for his 2nd album to gain more fans + money, nothing wrong with that, i wouldn't call that selling out at all - just saying we don't know if he would've stepped further away from his original formula as time went on like Joe y'know?

Mai Wang Tu Phat
02-09-2010, 07:38 AM
I'd say fuck strangers, I'd want the cash, fine bitches, penthouses, all that shit.
I don't care what anyone would have to say about that either.
Fat Joe didn't sell out completely though, he still kept somewhat of a balance.

Frank Sobotka
02-09-2010, 11:41 AM
So what if Pun would've sold out, B.I.G. was going to do the same.
Even pac would make another AEOM for the sales

RIP pun, pac & big

ol dirty abbot
02-09-2010, 01:36 PM
You changed, you rearranged
You're not the same, your raps are blame
That explain why you lost your fame
Used to be on top, then you fell like rain drops
You turned pop, now you no longer gain props
Who's fault is that? Nobody's but your own, black
Used to make fat tracks, jack, but now you're stone wack
So MC's, don't ever step out your range
Remain the same
And only change with the time

excuse my ignorance but Don't understand it wasnt aimed at the fat man was it? are you just saying that in retrospect?

ZigZag
02-09-2010, 01:44 PM
If Big L was alive he would of been on par with Jay and would of gotten signed to the roc and went platinum like cam did but with more sales and more respect.

DR. NICK RIVIERA
02-09-2010, 02:05 PM
excuse my ignorance but Don't understand it wasnt aimed at the fat man was it? are you just saying that in retrospect?

retrospect. it wasn't aimed at FatJoe.

I love Big Pun just as much as anybody on this board, but I can't listen to his second solo album. He got too fat, so he sounded too strange, anyway.

AND STILL, he had skill.

but IMO if we compare Pun and Big, Big at least had dope mainstream songs. There isn't one bad song on his second solo, only good and better, plus Born Again ain't that bad either.