PDA

View Full Version : Pharoahe Monch's voice

Cthulhu
02-10-2010, 06:10 PM
dunno if this has been discussed before, but I've always noticed that since his solo career his voice sounds a noticeably less deeper than his Organized Konfusion days. Anyone know why this is? I know the dude lost a ton of weight, but I didn't think that could affect the depth of your voice...

DR. NICK RIVIERA
02-11-2010, 04:01 AM
he got older?

Durag
02-11-2010, 10:27 AM
Pharoahe Monch's second verse on "Prisoners Of War" > most rappers whole carer's.

That first Organized Konfusion album is classic, a lot better than their second imo, and mad underrated.

-The A to the Z-
02-11-2010, 03:22 PM
Could be the mixing, like with Tical and Method Man's later albums.

And

Stress: The Extinction Agenda might just be one of my favourite albums ever - Monch's presence on that was just :-O.

Equinox was boring.

DR. NICK RIVIERA
02-11-2010, 03:41 PM
^^^^really? U think that? I thought some tracks on their third album were just crazy. OK is my fav. rap act from Queens. Both great rappers, that make their own beats...

And nobody from their generation flowed like that.

oldie
02-11-2010, 05:21 PM
could just be the mixing or compression or a fliter or any of that technical stuff in the editing stage

but Monch is one of the illest no doubt

-The A to the Z-
02-11-2010, 06:16 PM
^^^^really? U think that? I thought some tracks on their third album were just crazy. OK is my fav. rap act from Queens. Both great rappers, that make their own beats...

And nobody from their generation flowed like that.

Maybe I should listen to it again, but I heard it like a week after Stress, and nothing grabbed me on The Equinox like on that album.

The ways Pharoahe uses his voice on The Extinction Agenda...I ain't heard no other rapper album like him.

Cthulhu
02-11-2010, 07:10 PM
he got older?

Never heard anyone's voice get higher as they got older.

Visionz
02-11-2010, 07:28 PM
AUn1u9SYdCQ
tdSt2tP5URk
I think its just what ever was done in the production room or maybe the change up in the flow itself.

Cthulhu
02-11-2010, 09:55 PM
I think the difference is more apparent if you compare his voice on these two:

BbFVp6ifTOw

dkuGZfllz8I

Visionz
02-11-2010, 10:41 PM
I think the difference is more apparent if you compare his voice on these two:

BbFVp6ifTOw

dkuGZfllz8I
yeah, there is a little difference there. The reason he lost all the weight that he did had to do with him having asthma idk if that had something to do with it but I could see it being a possibility.