PDA

View Full Version : Shutter Island

KaramelSundae
02-10-2010, 10:23 PM
New movie coming out on the 19th i believe
starring Leonardo DiCaprio directed by Martin Scorsese....

5iaYLCiq5RM

looks freaky & twisted.

im down

EAGLE EYE
02-11-2010, 01:23 AM
I definitely wanna see this one.

RADIOACTIVE MAN
02-11-2010, 07:17 AM
yea ive been hyped for this for a minute

TAURO
02-11-2010, 10:15 AM
This looks very interesting.

oDoUoSoKo
02-11-2010, 11:34 AM
ya looks great

the scarecrow
02-11-2010, 12:40 PM
looks real good

Rame
02-11-2010, 01:37 PM
Ill. I loved The Departed. Hopefully this is as good.

Rebel_INS
02-13-2010, 06:00 AM
Looks good. My dad read the book and says hes been fiending to see this so I'll probably roll with him to watch it.

LORD NOSE
02-13-2010, 08:40 PM
surprised it ain't free online yet

EAGLE EYE
02-14-2010, 03:11 AM
Some movies are just better in the theater

BLACK BART SIMPSON
02-14-2010, 04:29 AM
i COULDVE SWORN I WATCHED ANOTHER MOVIE WHERE THEY HAD A MISSING PRISONER ANYONE KNOW WAAT IM TLKIN ABT?

AND YEA I WNA SEE THIS AN THE CRAZIES

check two
02-14-2010, 01:06 PM
Does Leo get killed in it?

11th Chamber
02-14-2010, 03:48 PM
yea lets jus throw out spoilers and shit. fun

Decka
02-14-2010, 05:46 PM
looks really good, cant wait to see it

check two
02-15-2010, 12:54 AM
Get lost

Dr Sleepwalker
02-15-2010, 01:35 PM
most anticipated movie of the year for me. I've been pumped to see this shit since I heard about it

praise the almitey W
02-18-2010, 12:07 PM
this movie looks like a hit im down to see it

the silencer
02-21-2010, 12:11 AM
saw it today...

great movie experience

best way i could describe it is that it's a psychological thriller with big emphasis on psychology, psychosis and the nature of a traumatized mind..

DiCaprio is great in it as is his character's wife Michelle Williams and the dude who plays his partner just seems like the perfect dude to play that part..

I'll have alot more to say about it but I don't want to reveal too much before most people see it

the silencer
02-21-2010, 12:12 AM
PS:
as with most Scorcese flicks, there is some serious gore and violence..

KaramelSundae
02-21-2010, 12:20 AM
it seems like one of those movies you watch over and over and pick up something new each time.

im gonna peep it tomorrow

EAGLE EYE
02-21-2010, 12:41 AM
I watched "The Departed" 4 times just to get every detail. The first two times I wasn't really paying attention.

SecretRival
02-21-2010, 01:26 AM
I been wantin' to see this, this shit was supposed to come out back in Oct., seen the previews for it last summer, dunno why they pushed it back.

RADIOACTIVE MAN
02-21-2010, 01:40 PM
saw it opening night..great movie..such an ill concept..the twist was reallly realllly dope..leonado did his thing as well

oDoUoSoKo
02-21-2010, 06:47 PM
ya i enjoyed it too..good shit.

IrOnMaN
02-22-2010, 09:56 AM
The movie is only 2hr 18min. I thought it would be longer.

I'm going to see it. I've read great reviews.

GHOST DISCIPLE
02-22-2010, 04:13 PM
it seems like one of those movies you watch over and over and pick up something new each time.

im gonna peep it tomorrow

Exactly!

Watched it 2 days ago. One of the best movies I've seen in YEARS.

Never used to like DiCaprio too much, but since Blood Diamond and The Departed, he's been one of my favorite actors.

Hey, is that really u in the photo??

You look really beautiful :-)

Peace

Dr Sleepwalker
02-23-2010, 02:35 PM
I got around to seeing this last night.

Incredible movie. The attention to detail with the constantly evolving scenario makes it a GREAT movie just to see for the experience.
Reminded me of Jacobs Ladder for some reason, the whole phychological and not living inside reality side of it.

GREAT movie.

KaramelSundae
02-23-2010, 07:40 PM
Exactly!

Watched it 2 days ago. One of the best movies I've seen in YEARS.

Never used to like DiCaprio too much, but since Blood Diamond and The Departed, he's been one of my favorite actors.

Hey, is that really u in the photo??

You look really beautiful :-)

Peace

chea! lol it is me. thanks

I got around to seeing this last night.

Incredible movie. The attention to detail with the constantly evolving scenario makes it a GREAT movie just to see for the experience.
Reminded me of Jacobs Ladder for some reason, the whole phychological and not living inside reality side of it.

GREAT movie.

saw it on sunday and wanna see it again!

it was a dope film
monday i kept thinking about the movie
going back and being like OHHH NOW THAT MAKES MORE SENSE!

Mai Wang Tu Phat
02-23-2010, 07:42 PM
Made me think in the same way Book of Eli made me think.

GHOST DISCIPLE
02-24-2010, 02:17 PM
saw it on sunday and wanna see it again!

it was a dope film
monday i kept thinking about the movie
going back and being like OHHH NOW THAT MAKES MORE SENSE!

I felt the exact same way!

I gotta see this movie again.

By the way, I really started to think about DiCaprios last words at the end of the movie.
Does anybody remember?

I'm afraid to reveal too much to the ones who haven't watched it yet :-)

whitey
02-24-2010, 03:41 PM
^ i havent seen it yet dont fuck it!!!!

zeppelin2k
02-24-2010, 05:24 PM
guess I am the only one who thinks this was an average flick, the twist was obvious, the acting was good though

I am getting sick of everything being green screen and indoor studio sets, Scorsese took it back with Departed but it looks like he's going george lucas on everybody again with all the studio sets

Solid 7/10 bc it is Martin

the silencer
02-24-2010, 07:19 PM
I felt the exact same way!

I gotta see this movie again.

By the way, I really started to think about DiCaprios last words at the end of the movie.
Does anybody remember?

I'm afraid to reveal too much to the ones who haven't watched it yet :-)
the last words were...

(don't read this if you haven't seen the movie)

*****SPOILER ALERT*************

"Is it better to live as a monster, or die a good man?"

and yes, the twist was obvious pretty much right from the beginning, i don't think they built it up to be a huge shock...

the coolest and most obvious part where u knew SOMETHING was up was when they were interviewing that lady and she took a drink from a glass of water with no glass in her hand...

apparently there's more shit like that when u see the movie multiple times..

oDoUoSoKo
02-24-2010, 08:23 PM
the film was about the acting for leo imo. and some of the pretty nice looking dream scenes..as opposed to the plot.

zeppelin2k
02-24-2010, 11:25 PM
I will admit, that part where she drank nothing tripped me the fuck out lol
also I started cheering when Casey Jones made an appearance

the silencer
02-24-2010, 11:35 PM
the film was about the acting for leo imo. and some of the pretty nice looking dream scenes..as opposed to the plot.
co-sign the dream scenes..

they were without a doubt the coolest and most accurate depiction of dream that i've ever seen on film....especially the first one he had of his wife in the apartment, that shit gave me the chills

and i agree that Leo's acting was superb but i also felt his partner was terrific and the girl, Michelle Williams, was amazing especially in the ending (which was rough---I saw it with a co-worker whose a big football player dude and he was gettin broken up)

like most Scorcese flicks it's got a few scenes that just scorch onto your brain permanently...

stashlova
02-25-2010, 10:10 AM
Sorry guys but this movie was HORRIBLE - except for the last 30 minutes. Took way too long to get to the point. The dream scenes were excellent(the ashes one was incredible) but it was a snoozer for 2hrs straight. I didnt care about any of the characters until the last 30 minutes. Don't waste your life seeing this in the theater. Definitely a renter. This is nowhere in the league of The Departed. Ya'll are buggin:mmmyah:

snapple
02-26-2010, 09:10 AM
i'm gonna actually go out and see this one.....looks really good....

i should have seen the book of eli 2....the copy i got sucked but that was one of the best flicks ive seen in a long time....

oDoUoSoKo
02-26-2010, 10:21 AM
:mmmyah:

Longbongcilvaringz
02-26-2010, 11:49 AM
Looks pretty bad, but i'll probably check it out just because Scorsese is involved.

theheavens
02-27-2010, 05:42 PM
it's definitely a downer hah, but a great film. the ending depressed the entire movie theater. good twist at the end

Dr Sleepwalker
02-27-2010, 05:48 PM
A week or so after seeing this my opinion of the movie has only improved. Once you've seen it, than it just sits in your brain and you dwell the events of the movie when you think back on it.

Cee Oh Vee
02-27-2010, 06:15 PM
An amazing film. Watched it this morning and I was completely taken back by it.

Well worth watching. 4/5.

theheavens
03-01-2010, 12:22 PM
I don't know why the critics are being so hard on this movie. maybe they expected more from Scorsese. whatever it's a great movie

whitey
03-01-2010, 04:12 PM
A week or so after seeing this my opinion of the movie has only improved. Once you've seen it, than it just sits in your brain and you dwell the events of the movie when you think back on it.

i semi agree with this.

i was slightly disappointing at the end. but rethinking everything that happend and how it was done my opinion of it has improved a little.

not a bad flick, not really great though, i do wish i would have waited till dvd though.

stashlova
03-02-2010, 09:54 AM
Yeah definitely a DVD movie

Fright
03-10-2010, 03:20 PM
*****SPOILERS*****

so just seen this movie today and im still very confused about the ending, i've read many theories at imdb, about whether he was insane or sane...what's your point on that?

check two
03-10-2010, 04:12 PM
Is it as good as The Crazies?

Kenny Powers
03-10-2010, 04:48 PM
i wish the trailer didnt give away so much. I own the novel (by Dennis Lehane, same guy who wrote mystic river and episodes of the wire) but I havent gotten around to reading it haha.

KBOS
03-10-2010, 07:08 PM
Is it as good as The Crazies?

By that do you mean is it mediocre?

I heard shutter island sucked...

Dr Sleepwalker
03-12-2010, 03:33 AM
I heard shutter island sucked...

Nah, you heard wrong. It's not a movie for idiots though. It's one of those movies where your either in, or your out. There's no inbetween with actually knowing what's happening. It pretty much requires your full attention. The same person you heard it sucked from, probably enjoys Jackie Chan movies.

stashlova
03-12-2010, 08:48 AM
I like the Crazies better but it was a totally different kind of movie. Shutter had the same kind of twist as Sixth Sense so it was easy to figure out but boring as hell to me. Im gonna stop bitchin about it. Go see it and draw your own conclusions...

UNCLE RUCKUS
03-14-2010, 12:26 AM
great movie fucked up ending not boring in the slightest almost... dont believe people have seen the same movie if theyre saying shit like that!

check two
03-14-2010, 11:45 AM
I like the Crazies better but it was a totally different kind of movie. Shutter had the same kind of twist as Sixth Sense so it was easy to figure out but boring as hell to me. Im gonna stop bitchin about it. Go see it and draw your own conclusions...

Hopefully it's better than the Sixth Sense and creepier, cause that movie was way overhyped.

Dr Sleepwalker
03-15-2010, 01:11 PM
What's with people thinkin' Shutter Island's supossed to be a creepy thriller? Smh lmao. You already lost if that's what your expecting.. It's phychological, with strange idea's and it takes place in an eerie setting.. but it's not meant to make you grip tight or jump out your seat.

Senator C. Palantine
03-16-2010, 04:52 AM
Big disappointment.

Obviosly the directing and acting was excellent but you know that before you see it.

Twist was poor.

Ending dragged.

The whole 'set-up' thing felt like a cop out.

Afficial_Nastee
03-18-2010, 05:05 AM
Shutter Island is an awesome movie , it's a typical mindfuck movie and it's very unpredictable in my opinion....
The psychosis the main character is having is one of the heaviest psychosises I've ever seen or witnessed ! He's got some serious terror in his brain and mind !

Mai Wang Tu Phat
03-18-2010, 06:00 AM
I think it's a much better movie if you haven't seen the Sixth Sense.

Afficial_Nastee
03-18-2010, 06:12 AM
I think it's a much better movie if you haven't seen the Sixth Sense.

What the hell does that movie has to do with this one ? LOL Totally different topic and story....

LORD NOSE
03-18-2010, 11:31 AM
also I started cheering when Casey Jones made an appearance

i watched it twice and i didn't see that part

i wish the trailer didnt give away so much. I own the novel (by Dennis Lehane, same guy who wrote mystic river and episodes of the wire) but I havent gotten around to reading it haha.

Mystic River was more than an incredible movie

Lex Lugor
03-19-2010, 01:36 AM
so should I go see this or crazies gawdammit
Im scared to read a spoiler

100pr00f
06-09-2010, 06:06 PM
pretty crazy movie ending was cool..i think he was sain pretending...so he can be killed so he can let it all go for good

through out the movie their were some crazy things like when the lady was drinking nothing..but then slams the cup down...i had to hit that up twice to make sure it wasnt me going crazy..their are alot of things like that though out the movie....

i give it a 7 out of 10.....

oDoUoSoKo
06-09-2010, 11:51 PM
the water cup caught me too..eloels, thought i was buggin

GZAjector
07-05-2010, 01:12 AM
i saw this joint recently, it was decent. the actor who played his partner/pschologistwhatever is pretty good. i see him in various shit, he's usually chillin whatever.

i kind of saw the ending coming. maybe not exactly, but i had a feeling it was gonna be something like that. shit was mad fucked up tho. i would of killed that bitch at least twice.

djskillz
07-05-2010, 10:16 AM
It was alright. I actually caught this one in theatres. I got nothing bad to say about it. A few crazy twists.