PDA

View Full Version : Canibus is just so lame.

Ruzz
02-11-2010, 07:53 AM
ok, to begin with...I like Canibus. he was one of the few rappers which I listened to when I started focusing on more underground hiphop away from the mainstream like Eminem and Dre. I have absolutely nothing against his style of scientific rap nor his razor-sharp (or some may say annoyingly high-pitch) voice or his beats.

what this topic is about, is Canibus and his feuds. most of you would know the infamous LL Cool J diss "Second Round K.O." if you remember, there was a bar in there which went
"a faggot rapper tryna make a livin' off a dissin'"
listening to that track now...that line right there is full of irony.
look at Canibus's album discography....about half of his albums are more or less publicised with some disses. first album...LL cool J, C True hollywood stories was practically MADE for eminem. next album...mic club curriculum had another eminem diss.

and guess what, now after SO LONG, his new album then was just released less than 2 weeks ago...another eminem diss. i mean, correct me if i'm wrong guys, wtf - I thought that eminem canibus feud had been dormant literally for 7-8 years. why the hell is he bringing this shit up? do fill me in if i'm missing something though.

before you rush in to defend Canibus, don't get me wrong. I actually like some of his albums and tracks and I do think they're pretty dope - but looking at him now, it's almost as if Canibus WANTS feuds and WANTS somebody to diss. he WANTS the publicity...and that is just so lame for a rapper like bis who claims constantly how real he is and how not fake he is like the "industry niggas".

while im on the topic, does anyone know why D12 members are in the latest canibus diss "Air Strike"? Em practically made them they would probably be nothing without him O_o

Frank Sobotka
02-11-2010, 08:00 AM
Good point, bis probally does owe most of his fan base to the em beef.

Something that always bothered me was when he said "When You done talking about money and bitches you're simply out of rhymes" on some rip the jacker track.
Most of his subject matter is his amazing hiphop skills.

And D12 is on the track because they didn't know dzk signed canibus

Crackhead Bob
02-11-2010, 08:04 AM
Canibus is a thesaurus rapper that uses these beefs to simply keep his game alive, because he sucks that bad.

Ruzz
02-11-2010, 09:56 AM
Good point, bis probally does owe most of his fan base to the em beef.

Something that always bothered me was when he said "When You done talking about money and bitches you're simply out of rhymes" on some rip the jacker track.
Most of his subject matter is his amazing hiphop skills.

And D12 is on the track because they didn't know dzk signed canibus

what. the. fuck...............

MaskedAvenger
02-11-2010, 10:09 AM
WTF to this whole thread.

Durag
02-11-2010, 10:25 AM
Yeah, i used to be a big enough Canibus fan, i dont think theres much rappers who created such a big buzz when they first came on the scene, he dropped some amazing guest verses then released that piece of shit debut album.

I liked "2000 BC" coz it was Bis doing what he does best, doing battle raps which is what got him all that hype in the first place. "Rip The Jacker" and "Mic Club" were both good, but he needs to stop with all the scientifical shit, get some dope beats and rip emcess again.

misawa98
02-11-2010, 10:42 AM
I dont believe the EM diss was in response to something EM said years ago. I aint sure what happened but no way was just out of the blue.

Melatonin Magik is a dope album.

"after the brooklyn show in southpaw was over, i had a talk with m80 and he told me that the next issue of xxl magazine, bis would explain why he dissed eminem. he also told me that royce apologized to canibus for the diss track. he also told me that there's alot that happens behind the scenes that we don't know. Can't wait to get answers to these questions."

Thats whats someone posted up on Canibus Central

Frank Sobotka
02-11-2010, 11:39 AM
I dont believe the EM diss was in response to something EM said years ago. I aint sure what happened but no way was just out of the blue.

Melatonin Magik is a dope album.

"after the brooklyn show in southpaw was over, i had a talk with m80 and he told me that the next issue of xxl magazine, bis would explain why he dissed eminem. he also told me that royce apologized to canibus for the diss track. he also told me that there's alot that happens behind the scenes that we don't know. Can't wait to get answers to these questions."

Thats whats someone posted up on Canibus Central
Apearantly they were 'just fooling around'

Steak
02-11-2010, 11:58 AM
Canibus is a thesaurus rapper that uses these beefs to simply keep his game alive, because he sucks that bad.

he is a phenomenal lyricist, one of the best.

whitey
02-11-2010, 01:12 PM
canibus is a herb.

ol dirty abbot
02-11-2010, 01:25 PM
canibus is like the ultimate executioners dream,
swinging a guillotine,
cause whenever the head is severed from the human body with a sharp enough weapon the brain remains conscious for 10seconds
long enough for me to give you one last message
and when you get to hell you can tell Lucifer I said it
don't ever get it confused
fucking with Canibus the human Rubix Cube.

Guarded By Martyrs
02-11-2010, 01:29 PM
I think he's been prayng for Eminem beef since day one.
And is basically just jealous.

If you've grown to the point Canibus has, claiming to be the illest
And abusing your style to the point of mastering it without branching out
Then it's only natural to seek out a worthy opponent
Unfortuantly for him, Em is on another plane compared to himself
Canibus is just too 1-sided in comparison.

He went about it all the wrong way in my opinion.
There should have been a collabo rather than bad blood
That would have been monumental.

Twiztid-Wutang
02-11-2010, 05:00 PM
he is a phenomenal lyricist, one of the best.

Pretty much. Wordplay and Rhyming, Hes one of the fucking best, And melatonin Magik is bananas

SHAoLiN LoRD
02-11-2010, 06:53 PM
Werd. The worst are his features on his new album. Those dudes are such lames. One dude is trying too hard to be ill bill. Why didnt canibus enlist the real ill bill.

11th Chamber
02-11-2010, 07:06 PM
what. the. fuck...............

the D12 members on that track sent those verses to DZK. And he then gave them to Canibus, I guess. Seeming like D12 was going against Em or whatever

CYENCE
02-11-2010, 08:52 PM
Pretty much. Wordplay and Rhyming, Hes one of the fucking best, And melatonin Magik is bananas
In a battle tournament he would be the mc i would personally sponser, but i have no desire to hear another album from him. 60 minutes of the same rip your head off with metaphysics raps dont do it for me. Even on tracks like "I Honor You" Bis raps like he's dissin his moms rather than paying homage

Longbongcilvaringz
02-11-2010, 11:36 PM
You guys take Canibus (and all mc's) way too seriously.

He's dope, you don't need to take everything he says literally or seriously.

He talks a lot of shit but it doesn't really matter.