PDA

View Full Version : (VOTE)Sinapse Vs. Infinity

THE MASON
02-11-2010, 05:56 PM
Sample:

http://www.mediafire.com/?ixmodlitme2

---------------------------------------------------------------------

Sinapse

http://www.box.net/shared/p981hxu7mr (http://www.box.net/shared/p981hxu7mr)

www.myspace.com/sincezanne (http://www.myspace.com/sincezanne)

---------------------------------------------------------------------

Infinity

http://www.zshare.net/audio/72544615970ca645/ (http://www.zshare.net/audio/72544615970ca645/)

INF
02-11-2010, 06:00 PM
I forgot to set a time for this but how does 3 days sound?I'm thinking 3 days is enough to chop and then EQ and double check. WHats good?

INF
02-11-2010, 06:01 PM
hahahahahha just listened and its a Jeru sample. I can still flip. nice drop Bronze.

THE MASON
02-11-2010, 06:02 PM
chea i knew you was a big jeru fan i thought you pin point it

hope both can flip that, ill add a poll when the beats come in

Sinapse
02-11-2010, 06:18 PM
No doubt, sample is ill. Thanks for upping a WAV too...

I don't mind flipping a known sample, at least it's a really ill one and its a challenge to flip it in a diff way than the original

Yeah, 3 days is fine man, more than enough time for me

Looking forward to hearing what you cook up, thanks for the challenge

INF
02-11-2010, 06:21 PM
no doubt.peace

Sinapse
02-14-2010, 08:25 AM
Here is my flip

http://www.box.net/shared/p981hxu7mr

also up on the myspace now along with a few other new joints www.myspace.com/sincezanne

INF
02-14-2010, 08:42 AM
Here I go

http://www.zshare.net/audio/72544615970ca645/

THE MASON
02-14-2010, 10:44 AM
i listened, and i like both.

imma take some time to decide, nice drops

Shogah
02-14-2010, 11:57 AM
Both beats sound nice, really close battle, but i vote sinapse cause his drums sound little bit harder, and it has more base. Also i like that sound, i believe it is a vocal that floats around near the end of the beat, dope.

Infinite was also nice, really head nodding beat.

5hundred&one
02-14-2010, 12:03 PM
at first i was thinking sinapse got this, but that change halfway thru infinty's beat had me goin crazy.

gonna come back to this one, peace to both of y'all.

Sinapse
02-14-2010, 12:10 PM
Dope flip Infinity!

Peace to those coming thru and listening/voting pretty quickly...thanks for the listens.

@ Shogah...no vocals actually, but I agree it sounds a lil like one, its actually just a horn chop time stretched and pitched like crazy, sounds a lil like a wailing vocal i guess

Peace

pRoTeChTyAnEcK
02-14-2010, 02:46 PM
My vote goes to Infinity.

Drums & sample flips were nice. Props on that drop!
I like the track Sinapse did, but something seemed a lil off @ times with the beat pattern. Drums were ill though!

Both of ya keep up the good work!

DrunkenMasta303
02-14-2010, 03:38 PM
sinapse took this! luv the allaround sound & grimyness of his beat, + all the sample variations.

but something seemed a lil off @ times with the beat pattern

thats the point, its easy to keep everything ON beat, but stuff like ^this adds some extra life to the beat imo (altho mcees might have a problm with it i guess)

infinitys beat was dope too, drums was wild!! but i think he didnt do thaat much with the sample imo

SKAMPOE
02-14-2010, 04:07 PM
close one, gon have to come back to this

pRoTeChTyAnEcK
02-14-2010, 05:47 PM
thats the point, its easy to keep everything ON beat, but stuff like ^this adds some extra life to the beat imo (altho mcees might have a problm with it i guess)

I know what you mean cause I do off patterns myself, so it wasn't a knock against what Sin is doing. The drums were super chunky and I liked his use of the sample, but I was just groovin a bit more to Infinity's beat and felt more flow especially with the ill switch up in there too.

Big ups 2 both producers.

Sinapse
02-14-2010, 06:11 PM
Peace to all the listeners/voters...

As for the "off beat" feel that Irie mentioned, I bang out everything by hand live, no software sequencing, and I am not a fan of quantize so I think the swings and slight mistimings are a natural product of that. it's not a style that I tried to develop, more just a byproduct of how I produce but thanks for the comments fellas, timing is something I work hard on all the time, no pun intended lol. also wanna say it's not like i am some anti-software cat, I do it that way b/c its the most fun to me and feels the most natural. i realize no one gives a shit if you don't use quantize or if you play live, they only care how the beat sounds.

INF
02-15-2010, 11:40 AM
peace and big up to everybody listening and voting.

INF
02-15-2010, 07:04 PM
, I bang out everything by hand live,

has a Doom sounding choppiness to it. somebody here heard it and said it sounds similar to doom drums.idk

5hundred&one
02-15-2010, 07:24 PM
voted sinapse

props to y'all both, Infinity had a cool beat, but sin wrecked the sample and created a better atmosphere to me.

peace y'all

Uncle Steezo
02-15-2010, 08:13 PM
both beats were sick and both producers took the sample into new directions.
i voted from an MC's perspective and i spit over both beats.

sinapse had a real gritty analog flavor to it. i was digging the depth of sound too.
Sin's drums were dope but the quirks interrupted my flow even when i tried to ride the wave so to speak. if he kept the snare steady it wouldn't have been an issue but some parts were just too jerky.

i liked both of infinity's changes but the 1st one made me spit flows involuntarily.
his beat had that golden era energy to it. that resonated with me more than anything.
oldschool breakbeat and a premo-esque chop.

i vote Infinity.

this was a great battle.
premo vs doom lol.

Sinapse
02-15-2010, 08:15 PM
Peace again to all the listeners/voters but lots of votes that didn't mention the tracks, feedback is appreciated so thanks to those who posted and gave some comments. Good to see a lot of voting tho.

has a Doom sounding choppiness to it. somebody here heard it and said it sounds similar to doom drums.idk

Word up, first of all I love Doom as a producer so that's a big compliment to me. I think that whole group of producers referred to as "choppy" or "off beat" i.e. Doom, Madlib, etc..., basically all they do is play shit with quantize OFF when they make patterns. In the last week or so i have read all sorts of commentary about how to achieve this feel in beats by chopping them up and shifting hits etc after the fact, even by using various quantize settings to shift hits (weird yeah i know). Personally, I didn't like quantize from the start several months ago b/c i felt it was shifting the swing i would try to play. so I just abandoned it early and wound up with this "off beat" sound, but didn't realize until I started sharing my beats and people told me lol...it's an interesting topic tho.

Sinapse
02-15-2010, 08:20 PM
And yeah was a cool battle, great contrast of sounds. Props again to Inf on the flip

INF
02-15-2010, 08:22 PM
I never ever quantize. Thats a no no for those that keep it real. I either play out a drum pattern on the pads and then loop those live drums in sequences or else I hit up the classic loops and add upon them.Even when I use a loop I didnt play I still go over and accent it with additional drums or I put effects over it to alter the loop.

idk there are tons of ways to make ill shit. In the end its all about if its fresh or not.programing or free hand.its all good imo

Sinapse
02-15-2010, 08:24 PM
yeah def man like i said earlier no one gives a shit bout nothing except how the joint sounds to them. the process is just personal preference and whatever is the best way to tap your creativity

Peace

SKAMPOE
02-15-2010, 08:44 PM
pardon the interruption, but thats how i fell bout ma rhymez..

Sinapse
02-15-2010, 09:07 PM
^
Yeah I understand what you are saying, I think it's a lil diff with rhymes, but point taken...let's squash the negativity

Peace

INF
02-15-2010, 09:14 PM
fuck interrupting the thread.

if ya'LL 2's squash the beef then that would be the illest.

Imagine , we could make this place shine. I remember when I first found the audio booth and Black Sunn (then Sun Tzu) and Plex and Lord Zero and all them WWI cats was gettin in IN(!!!) and I was like "yeah , i need to get in on this". Well over a matter of time shit just got hectic and somehow at something that should have been the height (sound theory) we went seperate ways hard.

You gotta understand that with all that unessasary beef the audio board looks silly.

...just saying.

Sinapse
02-15-2010, 09:21 PM
yeah but a lot of the going separate ways is just b/c of time, people are moving on to diff stages of life, going diff directions musically and all that...Sound Theory was a last hoorah of sorts in that regard b/c it was nearly impossible to pull it together with people already diffusing, but it happened...still the negativity is stupid

THE MASON
02-16-2010, 02:28 PM
heres my breakdown

sinapse - im diggin the sample use and the drums, the kicks are chucky. im diggin the sorta "off beat" pattern, but to me they arent that off beat, at some points more then others imo, at least as an emcee. this beat sounded better in terms of the overall mix of sounds, nothing clashed with other sounds, compared to some more previous beats.

infinity - the drums are like rollin rocks for real, those kicks are real tight. the switch on the beat is straight killin. i feel that the switch had the best use of the sample given. but overall i think more could have been done with the sample, but the chops that were there are tight. but the switch and the drums are real nice on this one.

overall - imma give it to sinapse, i was feelin the drums and the sample use was better. infinity definitely had a nice flip on the sample but it wasnt used quite as well. both beats had SICK drums though.

props to both

Complex
02-16-2010, 03:48 PM
yo this was a crazy battle... lots of variation in both yalls joints thats what im talkin bout man.. Inf joint was on some del type shit, real fresh breaks and drops.. digs init..

Prob the illest Sin joint I heard this far, got them freehand extra gully drums, the ambience is madness and the mix is fat... levels is on point, alot of depth..

2 different styles both real unique and creative.. Vote is Sinapse... joint got me zonin heavily..

respect both yall..

Memory Man
02-16-2010, 04:21 PM
voted infinity, i liked the melody of the flip and the distorted drums.

INF
02-16-2010, 05:24 PM
closest battle i been in yet! I can dig it.

big up to Bronze , Plex and Memory Man.

BLACK BART SIMPSON
02-16-2010, 06:23 PM
ooooo inf tht shit is tuff shit is mad funky nd the switch had me noddin my head in the 1st switch up im familiar wit dem drums i made a beat frm them i spit some bars to it nd it sounded wave

sinapse urs waas hot too but it seemed like the drums were off when i was spittin i cud tell..but the way u chopped it up was real grimey

but my vote goes to inf

BLACK BART SIMPSON
02-16-2010, 06:26 PM
sinapse took this! luv the allaround sound & grimyness of his beat, + all the sample variations.

infinitys beat was dope too, drums was wild!! but i think he didnt do thaat much with the sample imo

tht doesnt make anysense sun a rap beat HAS to be on beat thts juist the way it is lol cuz u cnt rap to it if its off beat and if u do itll sound gross

Sinapse
02-16-2010, 06:30 PM
tht doesnt make anysense sun a rap beat HAS to be on beat thts juist the way it is lol cuz u cnt rap to it if its off beat and if u do itll sound gross

Nah man, lots of producers like Doom and Madlib sound very similar, not saying I'm as good as them b/c I'm not at all but you are def wrong and clearly have never listened to a Doom record...rapping off beat is wack, but you're young generation doesn't realize that all beats used to sound more live and not perfectly timed...i mean drummers aren't robots like a computer. loose live sounding beats is a preferred style for a lot of people, off beat raps are just plain wack

Sinapse
02-16-2010, 06:34 PM
also I would go so far as to say that if you can't rap to a beat like the one I made you are a lousy emcee lol, not that its some amazing beat but ya'll are making it seem like you can't ride it, i was freestyling to it the whole time i made it

INF
02-16-2010, 06:36 PM
hahaha anytime we tie, you go up one.lol ,who are these masked voters??? naw im just playing.

Sinapse
02-16-2010, 06:39 PM
lol yeah it would be nice to see who votes for who, but Bronze keeps the polls private. I can understand why I guess, kinda cool, makes it a mystery lol

THE MASON
02-16-2010, 06:44 PM
i dont do it on purpose lol i just forget there is that option

and its not really a big deal is it? most people whos opinion matters post there thoughts anyways, just a wu corp beat battle right?

BLACK BART SIMPSON
02-16-2010, 06:45 PM
nAH I LISTEN TO ALOT OF DOOM THEY ARE ON BEAT THO IT JUST SOUNDS WEIRD AND AAS IF ITS NOT ND I WAAS SPITTIN WRITTENS TO UR BEAT IM SURE I CUD FREESTYLE TO IT THO HOLD ON LEMME PEEP IT AAGAIN IMIGHT JUST BE WRONG ABT IT

INF
02-16-2010, 06:46 PM
yeah well I know you wouldnt vote for yourself but thats dangerous with anybody else. lotta ppl on here with multiple accounts and shit. If I was battling somebody I wasnt familiar with then I would wonder.lol. I remember Lord Zero used to show the poll public so we could bust ppl voting for them self.

truth be told , I voted for myself once on some dumb shit.I was adding up the tallys by reply and then I was like "damn, Im getting skunked" and so I voted for myself at the last minute to check the polls not realizing that I could see the results once we were done.smh.never again.I was honest about it then but everybody knew already.lol

in this case im sure its just ppl dipping in real quick that dont usally post in the audio booth but reecognize our names.idk.its all good to me.

all I wanna do is get my chops up by battling so thats what Im in it for.once this is done Im gonna calll out ppl for battles ol west style.lol

BLACK BART SIMPSON
02-16-2010, 06:47 PM
i dont do it on purpose lol i just forget there is that option

and its not really a big deal is it? Most people whos opinion matters post there thoughts anyways, just a wu corp beat battle right?

aLSO UNEXPLAINED VOTES SHUDNT COUNT LIKE IN HOFD BCUZ U DNT KNO IF PPL R JUST HATING OVER SUM E-BEEF OR IF THEY R SECONDARIES OR SUM OTHA SHIT

INF
02-16-2010, 06:49 PM
aLSO UNEXPLAINED VOTES SHUDNT COUNT LIKE IN HOFD BCUZ U DNT KNO IF PPL R JUST HATING OVER SUM E-BEEF OR IF THEY R SECONDARIES OR SUM OTHA SHIT

naw lil man , its cool.

its all gravy. Me and Sin is peace and everybody in the spb camp is honest. I aint trippin:vroar:

Sinapse
02-16-2010, 06:51 PM
yeah it's all gravy with me, i'm just glad there are lots of votes

i feel you too Killbot, wasn't trying to argue with you. I realize my joints are far from perfect, I'm just saying there are lots of producers that have what people refer to as off beat joints

BLACK BART SIMPSON
02-16-2010, 06:59 PM
yEA IM JUST CLARIFYING NAH MEAN BUT INFINITY MAYBE NOT IN THIS BATTLE BUT DEF IN OTHERS CUZ I DNT WANT PPL WINNING UNFAIRLY U KNOW?

YA I WAS JUST FREESTYLING TO IT I KNOW WHAT IT IS...IT BECOMES OFF BEAT ON THE CHANGE UP DRUM PATTERN WHEN AT THE END THE SNARE HITS TWICE IN A ROW AND IT SOUNDS LIKE THE DRUM PATTERNS ARE DIFFERANT SPEEDS

THE MASON
02-16-2010, 07:05 PM
damn man votes is 9-9 close battle indeed

can guests vote? i have always wondered that

INF
02-16-2010, 07:10 PM
shit!!!!! hahahahahaha its about been tied on every number. I think you gotta be logged in to vote.One time I was on my phone but not logged in and I couldnt vote on a battle.maybe it was cuz I was on my phone though.idk,lol

every time I check the polls its a tie or one up.thats ill. and Sin is right ,thats great to have such a good turnout of votes.thats pretty dope.

THE MASON
02-16-2010, 07:47 PM
no doubt

also 14 people downloaded the sample, thats 12 others lol so i know some of you other beat makers have that sample, show n prove! lol

Uncle Steezo
02-17-2010, 11:06 AM
also I would go so far as to say that if you can't rap to a beat like the one I made you are a lousy emcee lol, not that its some amazing beat but ya'll are making it seem like you can't ride it, i was freestyling to it the whole time i made it

i'm one of the sickest mcs on this site and in the world in general.
i rocked the shit out of "wild ox" on the lo-fi tape and that beat was crazy with all types of switch ups & breakdowns. the beat even went in reverse and came to a halt.

i'm sayin that when you construct an "off beat" beat you have to keep a percussion element consistent. you can switch up this element along the way, but when you abandon the metronomic rhythm you create hiccups that have to be echoed by the mc in order to ride the wave.

try clapping your hands to the rhythm of your beat and see if they stay in sync. they don't . better yet, try bobbin your head to it.

the vision, the sounds, and the quality is on point, but it has no rhythm.
i'd try and use a metronome when you bang the drums out. that way you stay on beat.

listen to the craziest doom beat and clap to it.

Sinapse
02-17-2010, 12:03 PM
lol you make it seem like I don't understand rhythm and how to flow. if i really cared i would lace this up and show you how it's done, tbh I have never been impressed with you as an emcee so I don't value your opinion on rapping much

lol @ metronomic rhythm too, thanks for the tips

Uncle Steezo
02-17-2010, 12:50 PM
don't get mad. just take the feedback. we all can be better at what we do.

have you tried clapping your hands to your beat?
did you have to stop clapping and start a new rhythm?

the beat has a fucked up drum pattern that fux up the flow.

on your myspace page...
"Sidestreet Waltz" maintains rhythm with the bassline. the baseline stays consistent. and even tho the snare is loose, it still keeps the pace of the beat steady.

weeping willow's doesn't have anything keeping the pace of the beat steady.
its got the rhythm of a stereotypical 50yo white dude trying to dance to funk.

and i know you are sensitive and like to lash out so i'm gonna ignore the little jab you tried to take since the last thing the booth needs is more beef.

but if you wanna see me on wax...AAAYYYYYEEE!

pro.Graveface
02-17-2010, 01:32 PM
it aint off-beat it's off grid

SKAMPOE
02-17-2010, 02:40 PM
lol you make it seem like I don't understand rhythm and how to flow. if i really cared i would lace this up and show you how it's done, tbh I have never been impressed with you as an emcee so I don't value your opinion on rapping much

lol @ metronomic rhythm too, thanks for the tips
ya see this shit, this dudes a fuckin faggit^
don't get mad. just take the feedback. we all can be better at what we do.

have you tried clapping your hands to your beat?
did you have to stop clapping and start a new rhythm?

the beat has a fucked up drum pattern that fux up the flow.

on your myspace page...
"Sidestreet Waltz" maintains rhythm with the bassline. the baseline stays consistent. and even tho the snare is loose, it still keeps the pace of the beat steady.

weeping willow's doesn't have anything keeping the pace of the beat steady.
its got the rhythm of a stereotypical 50yo white dude trying to dance to funk.

and i know you are sensitive and like to lash out so i'm gonna ignore the little jab you tried to take since the last thing the booth needs is more beef.

but if you wanna see me on wax...AAAYYYYYEEE!
this is whut the fuck im be sayin, no one can say shit with out him calling it hate or him gettin real animated like u tryna get at him.... funny thing is the dude that called the booth lame and the battles here lame n worthless its rly trying oh sooo hard.... lmao! but yo style, fuck this homo, this dudes rly irl deaf on one ear so thats prolly y his drums sound like a toddler is tryna walk on his pads lmao.

n i aint spamming or hatin for no reason im just speackin my mind.

Uncle Steezo
02-17-2010, 02:50 PM
ahahahahaah...damn.

having only one ear ain't no excuse.
i got a completely deaf cousin who can dance like a beast. he feels the beat with his body. and he is crisp with the breakin....on beat too.

this dude just doesn't have rhythm.
imagine him making a lunchtable beat. he'd fuck the cipher up.

its like his beat is a fine ass chick with stank breath and stank pussy. you could fuck with it if you really tried to. but why would you want to?

elhuana
02-18-2010, 04:02 PM
Infinity, you're indeed really nice with the drums, but I didnt enjoy the sample game on this one.

Sin, you're beat was imo better sample-wise, and your drums were played without no quantize right? good job.

I go with Sin.

INF
02-18-2010, 04:18 PM
nice to see ppl from the sp forums stop by for a vote. big up whoever you are.1

Uncle Steezo
02-18-2010, 09:54 PM
yeah i think 100 post minimum should be the req for votes but i don't have any pull round here.

INF
02-18-2010, 09:58 PM
you know its cool and all that he voted but its just weird cuz he's from the sp forums and I never seen dude post. I been gone a minute though.

I just think its funny that he came in here like that.Its better than voting and dipping without saying you did it though.

elhuana
02-19-2010, 01:47 AM
yeah, you been gone a minute.

to me, comments like yours are funny.
be sure to win this battle or else somebody gonna need to hand you an anti-tearz handkerchief...
peace boss

INF
02-19-2010, 01:57 AM
aint nobody crying dude. If anything I guess I can say that my paranoia takes me over sometimes and maybe I become over-analytical.

I been making it more than clear that Im cool with Sin.I was bumping dudes cd today in the car. cmon now.

a battle is a battle and I can say what I want about this battle.