PDA

View Full Version : Best caffeine substitute?

Thrilla24x7
02-11-2010, 08:22 PM
I don't drink soda or coffee or any shit like that.

What food/drink is good to have that has caffeine-like energy boost.

What do ya'll rely on to stay awake throughout the day?

LORD NOSE
02-11-2010, 08:23 PM
strawberry banana juice

diggy
02-11-2010, 09:22 PM
Nettle tea

Nettle possesses a rich green color that reveals its high iron and chlorophyll content. The minerals calcium, magnesium, silicon, sulphur, copper, chromium, zinc, cobalt, potassium and phosphorus abound in the nettle plant. The nettle also contains vitamins A, C, D, E, and K, as well as riboflavin and thiamine.

Nettle is said to be extremely beneficial for the kidneys, being useful in expelling gravel from the bladder and dissolving kidney stones. It is a powerful blood purifier that drives out toxins and metabolic wastes by stimulating the kidneys to excrete more water. Nettle tea is said to clean out the entire intestinal tract while activating the body's natural defense mechanisms.

When drinking something that has many vitamins and minerals, you do not need caffeine. Nettle is also a natural tonic that cleans you from the inside out.

Thrilla24x7
02-11-2010, 09:31 PM
Nettle tea

Nettle possesses a rich green color that reveals its high iron and chlorophyll content. The minerals calcium, magnesium, silicon, sulphur, copper, chromium, zinc, cobalt, potassium and phosphorus abound in the nettle plant. The nettle also contains vitamins A, C, D, E, and K, as well as riboflavin and thiamine.

Thanks alot, do they sell this in stores?

If not, any brand/kind you recommend from online retailers?

whitey
02-11-2010, 09:58 PM
look with stuff with a lot of B vitamins in it.

diggy
02-11-2010, 10:08 PM
Thrilla, they sell at herbal/natural/bulk food stores.

Any brand should be good.

PALEFORCE
02-11-2010, 10:35 PM
stevia
honey
agave
maple syrup
yerba mate tea

LORD NOSE
02-12-2010, 09:29 AM
What food/drink is good to have that has caffeine-like energy boost.

for real - it's simple

strawberry bananna juice

PALEFORCE
02-12-2010, 09:53 AM
Health Benefits

Yerba mate was discovered centuries ago by the indigenous people in South America and has been revered as the “drink of the gods” and consumed to enhance, vitality, clarity, and well-being. With 24 vitamins and minerals, 15 amino acids, 11 polyphenols, caffeine, and is high in antioxidants, yerba mate triumphs as nature’s most balanced stimulant.

Of the six commonly used stimulants in the world--yerba mate, coffee, tea, kola nut, cocoa, and guarana--yerba mate is the healthiest, delivering both energy and nutrition.

* Helps Stimulate Focus and Clarity*

* Boosts Physical Energy*

* Traditionally Used to Support Weight Loss Programs that Include a Balanced Diet and Exercise*

* Aids Elimination*

* Contains Antioxidants*

Helps Stimulate Focus and Clarity
Yerba mate has the ability to quicken the mind and increase mental alertness and acuity. Yerba mate also provides sustainable energy due to its complex combination of xanthine alkaloids and caffeine. Although its caffeine content is comparable to coffee, the stimulation is balanced by yerba mate’s nutritional content. Clinical studies have shown that caffeine-sensitive individuals generally have very positive results and don’t experience the hard side effects (jitters, stomach discomfort, headache) commonly associated with caffeine.

Boosts Physical Energy
Yerba mate is a central nervous system stimulant. The metabolic effects of mate appear to include the ability to maintain aerobic breakdown of carbohydrates during exercise for long periods of time. As a result, more calories are burned, thereby increasing cardiac efficiency and delaying the build-up of lactic acid. Additionally, mate’s blend of xanthine alkaloids: caffeine, theophylline and theobromine, provide sustaining energy.

Traditionally Used to Support Weight Loss Programs that Include a Balanced Diet and Exercise.
For many years now, physicians in Europe have been incorporating yerba mate in treatments for obesity. In 2000, a research team studying obesity at the Charlottenlund Medical Center in Denmark tested an herbal preparation of Yerba Mate, Guarana, and Damiana (YGD) for gastric emptying and subsequent weight loss. They concluded that the herbal preparation, YGD capsules, significantly delayed gastric emptying, reduced the time to perceived gastric fullness and induced significant weight loss over 45 days in overweight patients treated in a primary health care context. In addition, maintenance treatment given in an uncontrolled context resulted in no further weight loss, nor weight regain in the group as a whole. Guayaki recommends that the product be used as part of a program that includes a healthy diet and sufficient exercise.

Aids Elimination
The indigenous of South America traditionally use yerba mate to treat gastrointestinal disorders as eupeptic and choleretic agent. Research conducted by a team at Catedra de Farmacologia in Buenos Aires, Argentina found that yerba mate does in fact induce an increase in bile flow and enhance intestinal transit. Read Testimonials

Fights Bad Breath
Polyphenols found in tea and yerba mate have been shown to prevent both the growth of bacteria responsible for bad breath and the bacteria’s production of odorous compounds.

MrDiamondFDC
02-12-2010, 10:44 AM
crack

Thrilla24x7
02-12-2010, 12:50 PM
Thanks for the input, I'm going look into trying a few of these out.

begongo
02-12-2010, 01:20 PM
amphetamine

Rebel_INS
02-13-2010, 06:14 AM
I'll be honest and come out and say I am addicted to Caffeine. Not soda, but I drink sugar/carb free energy drinks just about daily. I drink 5 Hr Energy, 5 Hr Energy Extra Strength, Monster Hitman, Cocaine (Sometimes), Redline, Redline Xtreme, Redline 7 Hr, and sometimes ones that contain Sugar like Monster, Rockstar, Venom but rarely.

I workout about 3-5 days a week and that's when I usually drink em but damn its so easy to dependent on them. I try my hardest to drink the most water I can to so I don't mess up my Kidneys lol.

LORD NOSE
02-13-2010, 10:04 AM
best caffeine substitute

running

AcidPhosphate69
02-13-2010, 10:32 AM
Rebel, one of the kids I work with seriously drinks at least 5 green Monsters a fucking day. The kid seriously smokes himself stupid and just pounds energy drinks and eats candy. It's fucking mind-bottling. His teeth are all fucked and I swear he's half-retarded.

IT sucks cuz he gets decent reefer so if you chill with him, you get hella high but he'll try and feed you gummy worms and candy corn and shit.

Energy drinks are cool maybe once a week, don't over do that shit. Try meditation and breathing exercises before you work out. Maybe you can build up a momentum for yourself and that might actually help with energy.

Rebel_INS
02-13-2010, 11:35 AM
Rebel, one of the kids I work with seriously drinks at least 5 green Monsters a fucking day. The kid seriously smokes himself stupid and just pounds energy drinks and eats candy. It's fucking mind-bottling. His teeth are all fucked and I swear he's half-retarded.

IT sucks cuz he gets decent reefer so if you chill with him, you get hella high but he'll try and feed you gummy worms and candy corn and shit.

Energy drinks are cool maybe once a week, don't over do that shit. Try meditation and breathing exercises before you work out. Maybe you can build up a momentum for yourself and that might actually help with energy.

Ouch that dude is going to be fucked if he keeps that up lol. 5 Monster's a day? You'd have to be an idiot to do something like that LOL.

Yea man I mean its crazy cause sometimes I'll sleep, then wake up and eat, then like 45 mins to an hr later I'll start fiending for one so I know I'm pretty addicted. I do need to cut back here shortly lol.

Krusha
02-13-2010, 12:01 PM
caffeine pills

Krusha
02-13-2010, 12:02 PM
amphetamine

AcidPhosphate69
02-13-2010, 05:05 PM
Haha, yeah...eat some adderall and you'll be fine. Good luck with sleeping though.

Sky Blue Bally Kid
02-22-2010, 03:13 PM
Someone I know drank too many energy drinks and over time it gave him an irregular heart beat.

food for thought
02-22-2010, 03:26 PM
strawberry banana juice

just throw that shit in the blender or what? lol

Undiluted Karma
02-22-2010, 03:42 PM

Meditation is brilliant clears your mind, you feel at peace, breathing exercised good too, course you can combine it with meditation too

peace

tajeco
02-23-2010, 01:39 AM
I heard an apple in the morning wakes you up better than coffee. I haven't had caffeine for 10 years and have energy to work construction, and chase my son around when I get home. Maybe my B12 supplement helps

UnequivocallyCorrect
02-23-2010, 02:35 AM
I would highly recommend drinking any type of black tea. Don't go for that nessle, vitamin, healthy good for you cause nature loves you bullshit. You want black tea if you want to get high. However there are a few tricks to getting the most fucked up when your steeping tea(dipping tea in water).

1. Fill cup 1/2 way with very hot water(The hotter the water the quicker you can release the caffeine without releasing too much shit flavor)
2. Dip tea into water and swirl it around until water is a golden brown (any darker brown and its going to taste like shit)
3. Take tea bags out and fill cup with cold water to taste(cause your going to down this mofo in like 2-3 seconds)

If you use 4-6 tea bags it's like freebasing crack. Too much and your going to vomit. I'm kinda surprised caffeine is legal.

Warning: If you steep the tea too long it will be biter and gross, but it will have a little more caffeine so its not all that bad. But if you got enough green to throw down on a couple bags than you shouldn't need to wait for the tea to become so biter.

TSA
02-23-2010, 09:03 AM
a nurse and doctor both told me caffeine isn't bad for you, and all the negative stuff said about it is propaganda like what they do/did for marijuana.

scientists haven't found anything it does 'bad' to your body.

UnequivocallyCorrect
02-23-2010, 07:19 PM
a nurse and doctor both told me caffeine isn't bad for you, and all the negative stuff said about it is propaganda like what they do/did for marijuana.

scientists haven't found anything it does 'bad' to your body.

I have "heard" that caffeine will absorb calcium when it passes through your body. But it's so small that it shouldn't affect you unless you don't drink/eat things with calcium in them.

Sky Blue Bally Kid
02-25-2010, 04:15 PM
I heard recently coffee is bad for your heart but de-caff is good for it? Hear say though.