PDA

View Full Version : Batman 3 possible plot

Mcthuggin99
02-12-2010, 02:39 PM
BATMAN 3 PLOT LEAKED?
Just a few days ago, the word got out that writer/director Christopher Nolan was working on a third Batman film. David S. Goyer and Nolanís brother Jonah have begun working on a screenplay. These are the three main architects behind Batman Begins and The Dark Knight. Itís rather reassuring to know that the same three are teaming up to make another movie on the caped crusader.

When last we saw Batman, he was sacrificing his reputation in order to save Harvey Dentís, who had become the super-villain Two-Face. Commissioner Gordon and Batman agreed that it was better if the police and the public believed that Batman killed Harvey Dent, in order to preserve the latterís reputation as a hero for the people. It will be real interesting to know how they follow up Batman, the fugitive.

Christian Bale, who played playboy Bruce Wayne, a.k.a. Batman, said that he signed for three movies when it was time to film Batman Begins. With Christopher Nolan on the project again, he will most definitely reprise his role as he said he might not be interested if Nolan was not part of the third film. As for other cast member such as Morgan Freeman, who played Lucious Fox, CEO of Wayne Enterprises, and Michael Caine, who played Bruceís loyal butler, Alfred Pennyworth, they both expressed interest in returning, but arenít sure if they will be written into the story or not. Nothing official on the casting yet, the project is still in its infancy.

A few plot outlines have been reported by ComicBookMovie.com. An unnamed source from Warner Bros. has leaked some plot information on the third film. This is not official news and nothing has been confirmed by anyone, so take this with a grain of salt.

Courtesy of ComicBookMovie.com:
- The Riddler will be the primary villain. He discovers Batmanís true identity.
- Arkham Asylum will figure prominently in the story.
- Several classic villains will appear, including the Penguin and Mr. Freeze (though as Dr. Fries, not as the super-villain)
- Barbara Gordon will have a featured role.
- Commissioner Gordon will mention Metropolis and Lex Luthor.
- Dick Grayson may be in the movie, though not as Robin.

Surely more official information will begin to emerge from the DC/Warner camp. But for now, these are only rumors and hearsay.

what yall think?

beautifulrock
02-12-2010, 02:43 PM
Every one of those ideas sounds legitimate and in the style of a Nolan script. I buy most of it, especially the parts about setting up future characters.

main_man
02-12-2010, 03:27 PM
no riddler please. just expand the two-face story (you know he aint dead) and maybe add catwoman. she could be raw as fuck.

Mcthuggin99
02-12-2010, 03:34 PM
Christopher Nolan said that he's dead. he'd rather have another villain

100pr00f
02-12-2010, 04:00 PM
johnny depp as riddler lol

RADIOACTIVE MAN
02-12-2010, 04:41 PM
this gets better,i sure do hope they cast johnny depp as riddler as well,keep the news coming bro..thanks

Jin10304
02-12-2010, 06:58 PM
" just expand the two-face story (you know he aint dead)"

Nolan and Aaron Eckhart confirmed Harveys death already. But theres 2 holes in this possible plot....Nolan already stated he wanted to stay far far away from the Robin character and Lucious has already quite Wayne Enterprises at this point making him irrelevant to the story.

SHEEPISH LORD OF CHAOS
02-12-2010, 07:26 PM
not the riddler...i think the black mask would a better foe
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Black_Mask_%28comics%29

the scarecrow
02-12-2010, 07:41 PM
idk, it just doesnt sound like things nolan would do imo

Ruzz
02-13-2010, 07:32 AM
I would love a big feature film on Penguin. one of the several Batman villains that always intrigued me. Riddler would be cool as well. God I love Batman and it's villains, because they have no supernatural abilities it makes personality and character so much more interesting.

Poetic Wun
02-16-2010, 11:39 AM
not the riddler...i think the black mask would a better foe
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Black_Mask_%28comics%29
this would be ill but wouldnt appeal to the masses.

riddler would be ill to but not johnny depp. i see where y'all are coming from tho.

he should try n keep 2 villians (2 face/riddler) and balance them but then again that would be too "Batman Forevery"... catwoman or something would be ill too from the perspective of Nolan.

2:30hr Flick. Dead it on that.

for movies, 3rd time is never a charm, but if he gets it right he shouldn't press his luck or let anyone pick the torch up.

he'll never be able to be touched if he ends it on 3 and he'd probably set a bar so others could try and attain that.

TAURO
02-16-2010, 12:18 PM
If I was writing this story I would...

1.Have Thalia Al Gul and Black Mask as the main villains

2.Thalia would act as a love interest for Bruce Wayne even though she would hate Batman. I would have it as her inheriting the league of shadows but she would not know about Bruce being a member, all she would know is that her father intended in bringing Gotham down so she would be hell bent on following suit while at the same time get revenge on Batman for killing her father. She would discover at some point midway that Bruce is really Batman but would feel conflicted.

3.Black Mask would act as her enforcer, kind of like Joker but with serious smarts to boot, basically make him a cross between Joker and Riddler. (Casting in this role is critical and it would have to be someone really good)

4.Scarecrow would cameo in one scene with a face to face (so to speak) with Black Mask, with hints of them sharing a past.

5.Black Mask would have hidden agendas including the overthrow of Thalia and taking over the LOS.

6.I would introduce Dick Grayson in this story (No Robin) to add another character layer to both Bruce and Alfred.

This is just my take. In the right hands Black Mask could be more popular than the Joker. It would bring the series full circle I think while also adding someone new that we haven't seen before on screen.

Visually Black Mask works better in Nolan's universe than say the riddler and I think since he's more unknown to mainstream audiences people will be more intrigued by the character. The franchise is set in stone now so we wouldn't have to worry about people not showing up to see it either.

Poetic Wun
02-16-2010, 06:37 PM
^shit like that would be completely logical and the story would have a more realistic feel instead of the traditional villains we know and have come to expect hair-brain schemes from.

i would see that flick every week in the theaters.

IrOnMaN
02-17-2010, 10:52 AM
Batman 3 should be at least three hours long.:)