PDA

View Full Version : The Winter Olympics thread.

check two
02-12-2010, 04:54 PM
This is the thread to discuss all the news and happenings of the 2010 winter olympics.

check two
02-12-2010, 04:55 PM
--Luge participant dies during training session

VANCOUVER – With the crash that killed Georgian luger Nodar Kumaritashvili during a Friday morning training run, just hours before the Olympic torch was to be lit here, the Vancouver Games need to take immediate steps to assure the safety of its athletes.

It can start by canceling the luge competition altogether unless the track can be reconstructed to prevent wicked speeds from putting athletes at risk.

Kumaritashvili, 21, lost control of his sled during a practice session at the Whistler Sliding Centre. He violently caromed off of two of the track’s walls before being tossed in the air, where he spun until hitting a metal support pole. He was rushed to a local hospital, but it was too late.

This was no isolated incident, not just a bit of human error in an inherently dangerous sport.

It was a tragedy some saw coming on the super-fast track that had produced a dozen training wrecks already and had athletes wondering whether they were being put into harm’s way in a sport already built on attaining near impossible speeds.

“I think they are pushing it a little too much,” Australia’s Hannah Campbell-Pegg told the Associated Press on Thursday after she nearly lost control in training. “To what extent are we just little lemmings that they just throw down a track and we’re crash-test dummies? I mean, this is our lives.”

Campbell-Pegg’s words should haunt these Games.

News of the death Friday reached the downtown torch relay and cast a pall on the run-up to the Opening Ceremony. It needs to force the International Olympic Committee and the local organizing committee to immediately rededicate these Games to safety.

IOC president Jacques Rogge was non-committal on what would happen next with the luge, although the IOC promised a later press conference. “It’s a time of sorrow,” Rogge said. “It’s not a time to look for reasons.”

Kumaritashvili was clocked at 89.44 mph just before losing control as he exited what is called the Thunderbird turn. Some lugers have said speeds near 90 mph make maintaining control of the sled almost impossible.

The track at Whistler is arguably the world’s fastest, and the danger is everywhere. The week already had seen one incident where Italian gold medalist Armin Zoggeler lost control and had to be taken off the track with medical attention (he returned) and another that left a Romanian woman unconscious.

The track has been closed since Kumaritashvili’s death and shouldn’t be opened unless it can be redesigned to slow the athletes.

The luge is always a dangerous event, what with one or two people lying on a small, slick sled that whips through an icy, curvy course. There is no reason to set up a track that produces speeds that challenge an athlete just to maintain grip on the sled.

A slower track does not weaken the competition. Competitors still would have to maximize the course as best they could. It would be a safer yet still level playing field, minus the eye-popping speeds reached only for the excitement of fans or for false standards such as clocks and “world records.”

At some point with these sports, enough has to be enough. No one set out to create a track that would cause athletes to die, but it is clear through training that this course has pushed the competitors to the brink – or, in this case, beyond.

Now the organizers need to protect the competitors from themselves. The luge is not for the faint of heart, and the athletes who thrive in it naturally push themselves to faster and faster times. But these are just games, nothing worth dying for.

The luge competition, set to begin Saturday, should be postponed for the time being and canceled if the track can’t be fixed. A team of experts – officials, coaches and athletes – must determine whether the course is safe or can be adjusted to become safe.

If this many crashes and this much fear was being generated during training sessions, it will only get worse when the athletes go all-out in pursuit of the gold.

One ugly, horrific tragedy on the luge course is one too many. This track, this sport, needs to be shut down until sanity reigns.

-sports.yahoo.com

baby jesus
02-12-2010, 05:09 PM
Opening Ceremonys Tonight And Some Ski Jumping Probably Wont Catch Anything Tonight But We'll Def Catch Tomm Afternoon Speed Skating And More Ski Jumping. The Luge And Skeleton And What Not Always Looked Hairy To Me. I'm Suprised Theres Not More Serious Injuries Maybe There Is A Lot But I Just Dont Follow It When It's Not The Olympics So I Dont Hear About It I Dont Know.

Blackula Spectacula
02-12-2010, 05:09 PM
WHISTLER Luger Nodar Kumaritashvili from Georgia was killed when he crashed and flew off the track during the final day of men's Olympic luge training Friday.
The IOC confirmed that Kumaritashvili has died.

http://i.usatoday.net/sports/_photos/2010/02/12/crashlugex-topper-medium.jpg

TV replays show that Kumaritashvili, 22, hit a steel beam after exiting curve 16, the final curve before crossing the finish line at the Whistler Sliding Center, which is considered the fastest track in the world with speeds reaching 95 mph in training this week.

http://www.usatoday.com/sports/olympics/vancouver/sliding/2010-02-12-luge-crash_N.htm

baby jesus
02-12-2010, 05:34 PM
Doesn't Seem Very Smart To Have Steel Beams Right Next To The Turns On A Track. No One Looked At That As A Potential Problem.

battle?
02-12-2010, 06:20 PM
Men's olympic hockey schedule

All times are listed as Pacific Time. Add three hours for Eastern Standard Time
PRELIMINARY ROUND:
Tuesday, February 16

12:00 pm USA vs. SWITZERLAND
4:30 pm CANADA vs. NORWAY
9:00 pm RUSSIA vs. LATVIA

Wednesday, February 17

12:00 pm FINLAND vs. BELARUS
4:30 pm SWEDEN vs. GERMANY
9:00 pm CZECH REPUBLIC vs. SLOVAKIA

Thursday, February 18

12:00 pm USA vs. NORWAY
4:30 pm SWITZERLAND vs. CANADA
9:00 pm SLOVAKIA vs. RUSSIA

Friday, February 19

12:00 pm BELARUS vs. SWEDEN
4:30 pm CZECH REPUBLIC vs. LATVIA
9:00 pm FINLAND vs. GERMANY

Saturday, February 20

12:00 pm NORWAY vs. SWITZERLAND
4:30 pm LATVIA vs. SLOVAKIA
9:00 pm GERMANY vs. BELARUS

Sunday, February 21

12:00 pm RUSSIA vs. CZECH REPUBLIC
4:45 pm CANADA vs. USA
9:00 pm SWEDEN vs. FINLAND

the scarecrow
02-12-2010, 06:29 PM
im sure he was dead instantly hitting that beam going that fast, luge athletes are insane to be going that fast on a sled

SKAMPOE
02-12-2010, 06:51 PM
http://spaceghetto.org/images/12cndluge1.jpghttp://spaceghetto.org/images/luger540x3.jpghttp://spaceghetto.org/images/nodarkumar.jpghttp://spaceghetto.org/images/nodarkhph.jpghttp://spaceghetto.org/images/nodarkifi.jpghttp://spaceghetto.org/images/nodarktut.jpg

n e one has the video, rly wanna see it..

Blackula Spectacula
02-12-2010, 06:54 PM
qt4u9oQOCcw

SKAMPOE
02-12-2010, 07:06 PM
its been removed hahaha damn

Shogah
02-12-2010, 08:17 PM
I feel sorry for the poor man.

At least his death was fast and painless, have you seen the speed that thing is going?

Crackhead Bob
02-12-2010, 09:25 PM
I always found this to be an incredibly stupid sport. It literally is for dummies that like to watch things go fast. Like Nascar fans, but from Europe.

V4D3R
02-13-2010, 01:16 AM
It just dawned on me that hockey is the religion of Canada and Wayne Gretzky is the messiah...

BTTR KNG KOOL
02-13-2010, 03:34 AM
Men's olympic hockey schedule

All times are listed as Pacific Time. Add three hours for Eastern Standard Time
PRELIMINARY ROUND:
Tuesday, February 16

12:00 pm USA vs. SWITZERLAND
4:30 pm CANADA vs. NORWAY
9:00 pm RUSSIA vs. LATVIA

Wednesday, February 17

12:00 pm FINLAND vs. BELARUS
4:30 pm SWEDEN vs. GERMANY
9:00 pm CZECH REPUBLIC vs. SLOVAKIA

Thursday, February 18

12:00 pm USA vs. NORWAY
4:30 pm SWITZERLAND vs. CANADA
9:00 pm SLOVAKIA vs. RUSSIA

Friday, February 19

12:00 pm BELARUS vs. SWEDEN
4:30 pm CZECH REPUBLIC vs. LATVIA
9:00 pm FINLAND vs. GERMANY

Saturday, February 20

12:00 pm NORWAY vs. SWITZERLAND
4:30 pm LATVIA vs. SLOVAKIA
9:00 pm GERMANY vs. BELARUS

Sunday, February 21

12:00 pm RUSSIA vs. CZECH REPUBLIC
4:45 pm CANADA vs. USA
9:00 pm SWEDEN vs. FINLAND

:clap: Thanks for this.. looks like ill be watching some hockey.

FeLo
02-13-2010, 04:52 AM
waiting for final Russia - Canada ...
and of course Russian win !!!!!!

http://www.gifs.net/Animation11/Sports/Hockey/ice_hockey.gif

-----------------------
very sad for the Georgian athlete (((

V4D3R
02-13-2010, 11:47 AM
^^Canada has a very young team this year. No old sluggish vets. Fast hard hitters...and scorers.

V4D3R
02-13-2010, 11:50 AM
wtf is wrong with this dog?
http://i38.tinypic.com/2nauteg.gif

Ghost In The 'Lac
02-13-2010, 12:06 PM
Which motherfucker put giant steel beams next to the Luge track? Whos bright idea was that.

The rest of them Lugers gota be scared as fuck doing that course now. Its gonna be weird as hell going round that corner knowing he died there jsut the other died.

Crackhead Bob
02-13-2010, 12:19 PM
wtf is wrong with this dog?
http://i38.tinypic.com/2nauteg.gif
War is hell.//.

I prefer the Summer games myself

http://www.manofest.com/content/images/joomgallery/img_thumbnails/funny_4/the_40_funniest_animated_gifs_of_all_time_143/the_40_funniest_animated_gifs_all__28_20090805_111 0166244.gif

IrOnMaN
02-13-2010, 01:36 PM
Thanks for starting the thread, Check.

Personally, I love the Winter Olympic Games. My favorite events are speed skating, short track speed skating, bobsledding, alpine skiing, ski jumping, hockey, curling (I know it's weird but I'm still trying to learn how the game is played), and snowboarding.

check two
02-13-2010, 03:48 PM
ha ha @ this drama queen.

================================================== ==============
American figure skater Johnny Weir will stay in the Olympic Village because he's concerned about "very serious threats" from anti-fur activists.

The medal hopeful had planned to stay in a hotel during the Games, but it would have been too difficult to arrange adequate security. Though there are no indications that any of the verbal and written threats from extremists were credible, Weir's decision to stay in the more secure village was an obvious choice.

He's right to take extra precautions during his time in Vancouver. Though the odds of one of these threats actually coming to pass are low, there's no reason for Weir to open himself up to the possibility. For peace of mind alone, staying in a secured Olympic Village is worth it.

At last month's U.S. Nationals, Weir earned the scorn of anti-fur protesters when he wore a white tuft of fox fur on his shoulder. He was defiant in the face of the criticism at first but later relented.

-sports.yahoo.com

Prolifical ENG
02-14-2010, 08:28 PM
Biloudeau! Canadas first Gold!

baby jesus
02-14-2010, 09:37 PM
Hahaha I Seen That The Womens And Mens Moguls Were Entertaining. But Canada Finally Wins A Gold On There Soil And It's Such A Relief, Shits Pathetic. Of Course Usa Keeps Racking Up Medals Had Two More Today.

IrOnMaN
02-15-2010, 10:03 AM
Apollo got the sliver medal by LUCK! Good for him, though.

Prolifical ENG
02-15-2010, 10:16 AM
But Canada Finally Wins A Gold On There Soil And It's Such A Relief, Shits Pathetic. Of Course Usa Keeps Racking Up Medals Had Two More Today.

I dont know why NBC made it such a story about the Gold on our own soil, it was all a question of when. Although seems most Americans are disappointed with the NBC coverage. Ever since 1998 when it was held in Calgary, Canada has been doing a lot better in the Winter Olympics on the podium. USA also improved in the ranks too...we are always around the same totals +/- a few medals. Following trends since we're the host were expected to do even better.

angry!
02-15-2010, 03:23 PM
steel beams or not, homie was dead either way!!!!!!

he could of hit a wall of marshmellows, when youre goin that fast your brains getting power slammed against your skull!!!!!!!!

they replayed that shit like 15 times in slow motion on the news, feel for homies fam!!!!!!!!

NBC splooged when the kid crashed, ratings spike!!!!!!!!!!

baby jesus
02-16-2010, 10:38 AM
Snowboarding Cross Was Yesterday One Of The Most Entertaining Sports In The Winter Olympics. Usa Vs. Switzerland In Hockey Today At Noon. Switzerland Is No Cake Walk They Got Hiller From The Ducks In Net. Medal Count For Now Has Usa In The Lead With 8. Switzerland Has Most Golds With 3 The Only 3 Medals They Have.

angry!
02-16-2010, 01:09 PM
check two, youre a fuckin pussy... go ahead and edit this post too you power hungry shut in!!!!!

check two
02-16-2010, 01:11 PM
All I did was edit the picture out. It wasn't needed, freak of nature.

angry!
02-16-2010, 01:21 PM
http://img02.beijing2008.cn/20080822/Img214574843.jpg

baby jesus
02-17-2010, 10:45 AM
Usa Is Def The Underdogs In Hockey Without Any Real Star Power Maybe Kane And The Goalie Miller. They Beat The Swiss 3-1 They Looked Ok But Need To Get Better. Canada Rolled Through Norway And Russia Looks Like No Joke Smashing Lativa. Germany Now Leads In Medals With 9. Tonight We Finally Get To See Shawn White Snowboarding He's Supposed To Have A Few New Tricks Up His Sleeves.

Ghost In The 'Lac
02-17-2010, 11:49 AM
yeah so ive been watchin alot of the olympics man its pretty damn good!!! itd say it might even be better than the summer olympics (apart from the track events which are >>>)

i loved that snowboard cross shit, fuckin raw, one of the best sports in olympics BAR NON. 4 dudes just beasting down the mountain, wiping each other out, just flat out going off.

overall theres some crazy ass sports going on. its dope. even that mens ice skating comp had it poppin I was laughin my ass off the whole time if youve ever seen Blades Of Glory u know what I mean...cant deny the entertainmen of those camp motherfuckers though, that swiss dude was spinnin at the speed of sound at the end of his run!!

i havent caught much of the hockey but I saw one CRAZY ass goal earlier on from the USA womans team versus China where she came up and put it through the back of her legs and shit - ill

Prolifical ENG
02-17-2010, 12:02 PM
Yeah that snowboard cross is fun to watch...congrats on Ricker for getting Canada gold after Robertson missed that one jump so settled for silver when Wescott overcame.

Ghost In The 'Lac
02-17-2010, 12:08 PM
u were lucky though that Jacobellis fucked up YET AGAIN her big day, when she hit that flag.

I feel bad for her ( if you remember last olympics she was miles ahead in the final and crashed on the last jump right before the line because she got cocky) only because shes clearly the fastest rider but keeps fucking up on the day.

maybe Ricker wouldve won anyway idk, she did get a better start. either way she deserved it i just wouldlve like to watch her and jacobellis battle it out to the finishe line!

baby jesus
02-17-2010, 12:14 PM
That Was One Of The Biggest Storys Coming Into The Olympics They Tried To Run With Even Though It Was Her Own Fault I Felt Bad For Her And Was Hoping She Would Get Redemption. They Ran A Story On The Canadian Moguls Guy He Has A Disabled Brother That Inspires Him And That He Help Takes Care Of I'm Happy He Won Gold. I Also Caught A Little Of The Figure Skating They Are Flames But When That Guy Was Spinning I Was Like What The Fuck Shit Was Wild. How Does He Not Get Dizzy Dude Was Fuckin Spinnin Fast As Fuck Film Couldnt Even Capture that Shit.

Prolifical ENG
02-17-2010, 12:18 PM
u were lucky though that Jacobellis fucked up YET AGAIN her big day, when she hit that flag.

yeah i remember that.

They Ran A Story On The Canadian Moguls Guy He Has A Disabled Brother That Inspires Him And That He Help Takes Care Of I'm Happy He Won Gold.

yes, better than that emotionless begg-smith canadian representing australia winning...that guy seems like a douche but apparently he had a very successful business in the spyware/malware industry so I can respect him for that.

Ghost In The 'Lac
02-17-2010, 12:21 PM
Yeah the Swiss guy with the fur shoulders whos in like 4th right now at the end of his run ive never seen anythin spin so fast the crazy shit was he was in a slow spin then he just somehow turned that shit up 10x i thought the fool was about to evaporate and shit!! I thought the Japanese dude who I think is in 3rd right now had the best routine though

As for the border cross I mean even though it was her own fault last time im with you i still wanted to seee her get redemption simply for the fact that it pretty obvious shes the fast rider out there.....idk though man you gotta come through with it at the end of the day if she cant stay on the course you cant say shes the best rider, even though shes the fastest

the mens final though was a CLASSIC race all round

Rame
02-17-2010, 03:17 PM
I've been watching a little bit of everything.

The sports I like the most are speed skating, short track & ice hockey.

Crackhead Bob
02-17-2010, 03:39 PM
About Lindsay Vonn on Yahoo...

Alex V (http://profiles.yahoo.com/u/LKHK2CGVOM4I3EDATKN36OV6IU) 21 minutes ago Report Abuse (http://help.yahoo.com/l/us/yahoo/sports/forms/abuse_articles.html?eaci=LKHK2CGVOM4I3EDATKN36OV6I U&commentid=2178078)

now that she got the win out of the way, she has time to take a few fingers of mine deep up in her. come on, you know you want to do that to her

haahahahahahahahahahah YES

baby jesus
02-18-2010, 10:09 AM
Usa Had A Monster Day Yesterday Taking Back The Medals Lead And Golds Lead Most Medals In One Day And Tied For Most Golds In One Day. Vonn Won The Downhill And If She Didn't After All The Time Spent On Her Shin I Would Have Been Annoyed. Even After She Won All The Interview Was About Was How She Had To Overcome Her Shin Annoying Shit. Shani Davis Won Gold In The 1000 Speed Skating For The Second Time And Shawn White Also Repeated In The Halfpipe Dude Is Just So Much Better Then Anyone Else He Might Get An Extra Ten Feet On His Airs Then Anyone His Victory Run Scored Higher Then His 1st Run That Clinched It.

IrOnMaN
02-18-2010, 11:48 AM
Usa Had A Monster Day Yesterday Taking Back The Medals Lead And Golds Lead Most Medals In One Day And Tied For Most Golds In One Day. Vonn Won The Downhill And If She Didn't After All The Time Spent On Her Shin I Would Have Been Annoyed. Even After She Won All The Interview Was About Was How She Had To Overcome Her Shin Annoying Shit. Shani Davis Won Gold In The 1000 Speed Skating For The Second Time And Shawn White Also Repeated In The Halfpipe Dude Is Just So Much Better Then Anyone Else He Might Get An Extra Ten Feet On His Airs Then Anyone His Victory Run Scored Higher Then His 1st Run That Clinched It.

I was going to post this but you beat me to it. Lol.

DR. NICK RIVIERA
02-18-2010, 12:11 PM
Anybody saw this
our Petra Majdič broke four ribs in the training, and still managed to get the bronze medal...that's dedication for ya

http://www.associatedcontent.com/article/2712917/cross_country_heartbreak_and_triumph.html?cat=9

Ghost In The 'Lac
02-18-2010, 12:48 PM
Theres been some awesome action in the last 24 hours Sean White deifed science in the half pipe, Anja Pearson had a huuuuggee crash on the womans downhill, over 60 metres she flew threw the air at 130kmph but walked away somehow and has just compted in the combined event

On the half pipe though I was pissed my favorite rider and all round badass Kazuhiro Kokubo could quite land his double cork on the end because hes by far the most stylish rider imo. But Sean White is the most talented

This is the same guy btw who caused a massive governemtn level controversy in Japan for his rebel image because he left in the airport dressed in baggy jeans and shit

you can see all about it here LOL http://edition.cnn.com/2010/SPORT/02/18/japan.kokubo.olympics/

He even got banned from the opening ceremony LOL, but hes a fucking SICK rider with sick style and pull of the best looking tricks, even if they dont get the most points

Tecknowledgist
02-18-2010, 01:23 PM
^pearson flew fuckin far dude hahahha. idk if you're watching the canadian broadcast but the commentators' reaction was priceless

OH!!!!!!!!! NO!!!!!!!!!!! OH MY GOSH!!!!!!

five minutes later

........that was SICK!!!!

Ghost In The 'Lac
02-18-2010, 01:37 PM
paersons tough as anything though. idk why she launched off that jump like a ski jumper for LOL. the crazy thing was she almost landed it!

theyve cut down that jump now though and I was watching the combined today and they barely make air off it compared to yesterday. Anja Paerson was in 5th after her run. The stupid thing was all the woman only had ONE practise on that downhill before the actual event.. Gotta give them all credit for that. Considering its the fastest downhill on the tour.

Tecknowledgist
02-18-2010, 05:31 PM
yeah that shit was madness, pearson was just about to get a silver medal then shit the bed at the last possible moment, that course was kickin their ass all day

you see that one chick bail five feet out of the starting gate? she got her stick caught on her ski and went right off course at about 10km/h LOL that's gotta suck. four years of training down the shit-chute

canada vs switzerland hockey tonight. lets hope we dont fuckin blow it again this year like turin

Tecknowledgist
02-18-2010, 05:33 PM
fuckin womens biathlon all day today...

most boring fucking sport i've ever witnessed

Ghost In The 'Lac
02-18-2010, 06:05 PM
yeah i dont watch biathlon.

so Vonncouver crashed out on the super conbined slalom meaning Anja Paerson got a heroic place on the podium after that crash yesterday.

But Damm, Lindsey Vonn is hawt

http://despardes.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/02/lindsey-vonn-on-sports-illustrated-cover.jpg

TheBoarzHeadBoy
02-18-2010, 08:59 PM
I think the real thing that matters here is that local hero Scotty Lago got a bronze. Since I'm tight with his family that's pretty awesome for me. Err them.

AMERICA FUCK YEAH!

Side note he should have got silver that Finnish bastard Piiroinen is a chump.

Prolifical ENG
02-18-2010, 09:07 PM
I cant believe canada almost lost to the suisse in hockey, strong in the first half and hiller made 45 saves. lucky sid pulled through in the shootout for the extra point.

the scarecrow
02-18-2010, 09:37 PM
But Damm, Lindsey Vonn is hawt

http://despardes.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/02/lindsey-vonn-on-sports-illustrated-cover.jpg

yes i agree lindsey vonn is smokin

Tecknowledgist
02-18-2010, 09:56 PM
I cant believe canada almost lost to the suisse in hockey, strong in the first half and hiller made 45 saves. lucky sid pulled through in the shootout for the extra point.

christ i know, we won by a cat's dick. we're gonna have to play a lot better than this if we want gold

and yeah lindsay vonn is slammin

anybody notice that virtually every single chick in curling is hot or close to it?!

not too sure about olympic level, but i've been watchin the scottie's tournament of hearts and they're all fine as hell. lol if you a deuce, you aint making the team

baby jesus
02-18-2010, 11:28 PM
I Noticed A Lot Of Hot Chicks In The Opening Ceremonies Had A Ton Of Them I Was Like I Need To Move To Some European Country That Had Some Hot Bitches. The Australian Chick Who Won The Gold In The Halfpipe Was Cute. Canada Shows A Little Weakness Next Game Usa Vs. Canada I'm Looking Forward To That. Usa Hasn't Looked All That Impressive Yet Really.

Ghost In The 'Lac
02-19-2010, 07:41 PM
WOOOOOHOOOOOOOOOO WE JUST WON A GOLD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2010/02/19/article-1252153-085D69D7000005DC-940_468x286.jpg

CHEA!!!! she killed it!

Prolifical ENG
02-19-2010, 07:56 PM
Amy Williams did kill it....and Canada choked once again for a medal in that event....lol

Ghost In The 'Lac
02-19-2010, 08:05 PM
Yeah your girl Hollingworth really went too hard on her last run. She was in with a chance but, idk, she crashed lol. Maybe pushed it too hard or just lost focus.

I really wanna try that skeleton thing out man, looks crazy. Most ski resorts ive been to usually offer tobbagon runs but it i never bothered seemed like too much trouble. but i'd try skeleton.

Prolifical ENG
02-19-2010, 08:09 PM
On the mens side on skeleton we have Montgomery in second place going into the third heat later on...0.26s behind that Latvian...third is at 0.84, fourth 0.86.

Ghost In The 'Lac
02-19-2010, 08:12 PM
that latvian dude is a beast.

i think hes unbeatable.

Prolifical ENG
02-19-2010, 08:32 PM
the olympics inspired me to download coolboarders 3 on the emulator...never played that game in a while.

Ghost In The 'Lac
02-19-2010, 08:38 PM
coolboarders HOLY SHIT!!!!

http://www.calshop.biz/gol_2005-2006/immagini/Psx/FICHE%20C/COVERS/coolboarders_3_Pal_Front.jpg

The Avalanche level!!

Wow that just bought back some really sad memories for me actually lol, me and my best friend (who died a couple years back) used to sesssion the CRAP outta this game for like hours and hours on end. I literally hadnt thought about this game since we used to play it! Props!

Prolifical ENG
02-19-2010, 08:47 PM
coolboarders HOLY SHIT!!!!
The Avalanche level!!

Wow that just bought back some really sad memories for me actually lol, me and my best friend (who died a couple years back) used to sesssion the CRAP outta this game for like hours and hours on end. I literally hadnt thought about this game since we used to play it! Props!

Yeah me and my friend used to session the hell out of it too. At one time before we were that good, to unlock the levels at one point he was good at the tricks and I was good at the time races so we were taking turns at the levels to get through it.

Rame
02-20-2010, 07:56 PM
Tuitert!

EAGLE EYE
02-20-2010, 08:09 PM
Cool Boarder was the shit. I loved those games.

Prolifical ENG
02-20-2010, 08:37 PM
I tried playing it with my keyboard....no success

EAGLE EYE
02-20-2010, 08:46 PM
btw am I the only person on this message board who snowboards IRL? I find that hard to believe.

Prolifical ENG
02-20-2010, 08:57 PM
I hate doing runs with snowboarders....they take too long to get ready.

But I thought all snowboarders listen to wu-tang so you cant be the only one.

EAGLE EYE
02-20-2010, 09:08 PM
wutang has done concerts at some resorts from what i hear.

i think u-god snowboards or has

V4D3R
02-20-2010, 11:37 PM
Canada vs USA tomorrow - first time they meet since Canada won gold in Salt Lake City.
I dont like this Canadian team compared to the 2002 one. I actually picked all Russian players in a pool.

BTTR KNG KOOL
02-21-2010, 07:38 AM
yeh its gonna be a mighty intresting hockey day.

But fuck the time difference, Fin-Swe starts at 7 in the morning, tomorrow. Ill be staying up tho.. wanna see all teh games.

Ghost In The 'Lac
02-21-2010, 04:24 PM
Good to se Bode Miller finally get a Gold. Very good in fact. Hes by far my favorite AFLEET at these games.

I'm think im gonna watch my first ever Ice Hockey game tonight when You-Ess-AY!!You-Ess-AY!!You-Ess-AY!! play Canada. Wish me luck.And Robbie, I don't Snowboard, I Ski. I tried Snowboarding once and thought I'd be the shit because I can skateboard real well, but I didnt like it too much. Only had an hour lesson though. Just felt weird having your feet always stuck to one board. I prefer the speed and movement off 2 skis!

http://content.ytmnd.com/content/2/d/6/2d6dba3b4a4aad574cfd96a6c72c331b.jpg

DARSH!!!

Tecknowledgist
02-21-2010, 05:03 PM
I tried Snowboarding once and thought I'd be the shit because I can skateboard real well, but I didnt like it too much. Only had an hour lesson though.

holy christ, word for word my exact experience LOL

"cmon man, you can skate! its just like skateboarding!!"

fuck no it aint! i was sore as fuck the next day from trying to get up every thirteen fuckin seconds. embarrassing experience.

THE BIG GAME TONIGHT!!!!!!!!!!!!! there's not a person on this continent who won't be watching this shit. i have a feeling USA will clean house though, our team has been less-than-impressive lately.

still :can:

Ghost In The 'Lac
02-21-2010, 05:10 PM
Yeah I went into my snowboard lesson cocky as hell, I honestly though I would find it easy from the start. But I kept falling on my ass. Over and over on my ass. Which I wasnt used to. I picked up skiiing pretty much straight away. With skiiing I was doing red runs within a couple of days. So in the end I was like well fuck it, Im just gona stick with the skiiing lol.

But I think as an ex skateboarder it might be sometimes harder for you because its REALLY strange having you feet constantly stuck to the board.

I'l admit though i dont like feeling "uncool" on ski's because all the cool people clearly snowboard LOL. Thats hard for me to accept but honeslty I think snowboarding is REALLY overrated, its not as fast, you have less control, its weird as fock, and falling over on snowboard is fucking helpless, you have no possibilties to save yourself from a faceplant.

Rame
02-21-2010, 05:22 PM
The ice hockey match starts in an hour and 20 minutes right?

I think I'll watch that after the womens 1500m speed skating.

Ghost In The 'Lac
02-21-2010, 05:28 PM
12:50am here so
1:50am dutch time

Prolifical ENG
02-21-2010, 05:28 PM
USA has hockey medal potential, but Canada has no excuse for not destroying that team tonight. The Finland vs Sweden game would be a good one too but on too late.

Rame
02-21-2010, 05:35 PM
12:50am here so
1:50am dutch time

Ok thanks.

baby jesus
02-21-2010, 05:37 PM
I Like The Confidence USA Is Gonna Make Canadians Very Sad Tonight. Naa I Think Canada Will Win I Would Almost Prefer Canada Win Because If USA Had To Face Them Again After Beating Them Down The Road In The Tournament It Would Be Hard To Beat Them Twice.

spiggity_ace
02-21-2010, 07:00 PM
i saw that 1-0 right off the bat, i hope canada drops 8 straight or something feirce like that, this is shaping up to abe a good game, and props to russia for beatin the czechs, ovechkin destroyed jagr on that hit.

overall pretty disapointing to see canada with only 9 medals so far, i was amped when the olympics got underway but speed skating for the mens has been total letdown.

oh shit canada jus scored, nice

Tecknowledgist
02-21-2010, 08:15 PM
THIS GAME is FUCKIN NUTS!

EAGLE EYE
02-21-2010, 08:32 PM
and another one..

spiggity_ace
02-21-2010, 08:44 PM
wow, usa is very good, honeslty i didnt think they would be doin this, canada is playin sad as fuck, ryan miller is great

spiggity_ace
02-21-2010, 08:49 PM
WOOooooooooooooooooo cROSBY!

EAGLE EYE
02-21-2010, 08:55 PM
Did the US just make Canada score our own goal?

spiggity_ace
02-21-2010, 08:55 PM
No!

spiggity_ace
02-21-2010, 08:56 PM
Did the US just make Canada score our own goal?

that was a great goal by kesler, diving effort, ii thot he hit it off the wall and it ricoched in, fuck i cant believe this

Tecknowledgist
02-21-2010, 09:00 PM
FUCKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKK

how did we not score at the end there?!?!

miller isn't human

first time america's beaten canada since 1960. fifty years....enjoy it

spiggity_ace
02-21-2010, 09:03 PM
damn canada is gonna hev to go through russia now this is just gonna be fun isnt it?

baby jesus
02-21-2010, 09:06 PM
Great Game Hahaha USA!!! USA!!!! USA!!!! Miller Was Huge I Knew He Would Need To Be. Keslers Goal Was Probably The Best Empty Netter I've Ever Seen. All Of Canada Is Now Crying Simultaneously. The Place Went Quite Quickly.

Ghost In The 'Lac
02-21-2010, 09:07 PM
First of all -

http://www.sofacinema.co.uk/guardian/images/products/9/25729-large.jpg

Crosby , Staals, and Nash ahahahahaahahaah

I dont know much about Hockey but as soon as I saw the teams come out I had a feeling USA were gonna win. From what we've seen so far this Olympics the Canadians seem to crumble under pressure in most events. So it really wasnt a surprise.

Basically a game of 2 goalies afai could see, one was awful, one was incredible.

LOL at Kessler being the one to seal it, after saying he hated Canada before the game.

Tecknowledgist
02-21-2010, 09:07 PM
we have to play germany first though

Dirty Knowledge
02-21-2010, 11:37 PM
USA tapped that Canadian ass. LOL @ Crosby knocked in the first USA Goal. What a fag. Brian Rafalski and Ryan Miller making a name for themselves. Canada looked to be hitting hard though, I was hoping USA would start hitting hard back but we just focused on the game instead. Good stuff.

spiggity_ace
02-21-2010, 11:43 PM
First of all -

http://www.sofacinema.co.uk/guardian/images/products/9/25729-large.jpg

Crosby , Staals, and Nash ahahahahaahahaah

I dont know much about Hockey but as soon as I saw the teams come out I had a feeling USA were gonna win. From what we've seen so far this Olympics the Canadians seem to crumble under pressure in most events. So it really wasnt a surprise.

Basically a game of 2 goalies afai could see, one was awful, one was incredible.

LOL at Kessler being the one to seal it, after saying he hated Canada before the game.

he never sed he hated canada, he sed he hated them referring to team canada and team usa rivalry, brodeur sucked so bad, he seemed so fuckin awkward playing today it was really weird, hopefully luongo plays next game and plays well, i dont expect this kinda showing from one of the top 3 greatest goalies ever

TheBoarzHeadBoy
02-21-2010, 11:47 PM
http://www.blogcdn.com/www.tmz.com/media/2010/02/0219_scotty_lago_splash.jpg

The Olympics got mad at him, honestly thats so stupid. And his parents are so disappointed I saw his brother today. Funny shit.

check two
02-22-2010, 01:45 AM
http://l.yimg.com/a/i/ww/news/2010/2/21/fans-pd.jpg

Dirty Knowledge
02-22-2010, 02:05 AM
LOL theres atleast 20 things wrong with that picture

Ghost In The 'Lac
02-22-2010, 06:47 AM
http://www.blogcdn.com/www.tmz.com/media/2010/02/0219_scotty_lago_splash.jpg

The Olympics got mad at him, honestly thats so stupid. And his parents are so disappointed I saw his brother today. Funny shit.

Who is that, Lago?

He did seem like a bit of a dick though, imo. Always with that snide ass grin on his face. I wasnt happy he got on the podium, he wasnt even that good, compared to some that finished below him.

Prolifical ENG
02-22-2010, 07:38 AM
Olympics the Canadians seem to crumble under pressure in most events. So it really wasnt a surprise.

Yeah Canadians are a bunch of chokes...there goes another medal in the ski cross...lol

I dont think Miller was *that* good. Just like Hiller on Switzerland Canada is making goaltenders look good with another 40+ shot game. That last 3 minutes is how they should be playing all the time with their depth and roll 4 lines.

Brodeur goofed. USA knew about his puck handling...he cant be doing that with unfamiliar defence....Rafalski knows this the best and that puck handling cost.

USA will get a medal in hockey for sure. I think the European teams are relying too much on their old fogies that used to be dominant in the NHL.

THE MASON
02-22-2010, 11:26 AM
that game was such a disappointment last night.

i thought Miller played well, and Broduer definitely needs to stop the puck handling. Luongo should get the nod to play next game.

and i agree Pro, they need to run 4 lines, get those young kids in there. should be an interesting next few games

TheBoarzHeadBoy
02-22-2010, 11:54 AM
Who is that, Lago?

He did seem like a bit of a dick though, imo. Always with that snide ass grin on his face. I wasnt happy he got on the podium, he wasnt even that good, compared to some that finished below him.

He's not a dick he's an American. If we aren't snatching trophies we're using our trophies to get snatch. I think he's always got that smile because he's always high. Look how chinky he is in those picks. He's more asian than she is.

Rame
02-22-2010, 12:31 PM
overall pretty disapointing to see canada with only 9 medals so far, i was amped when the olympics got underway but speed skating for the mens has been total letdown.

We (Dutch) are taking all the speed skating medals. :)

spiggity_ace
02-22-2010, 06:00 PM
We (Dutch) are taking all the speed skating medals. :)

yea no doubt, dutch got a lot of fans in the richmond oval cheerin for them as well, is speed skating really a huge sport like all the analysts are saying in the netherlands?, u guys and the koreans dominate in that, canada was overhyped in speed skating, the women hav lived up but the men are just sorry, charles hamelin was a choke.

Prolifical ENG
02-22-2010, 10:56 PM
ORO....for Tessa and Scott in the ice dance! Finally some Canadians that didnt falter under the intense hype.

The couple danced beautifully....and the guy didnt look too much like a homo compared to some I thought it was girl on girl pairs (that might get views).

Canadas days of dominating speed skating is declining...it used to make up 1/2 of the medals.

Prolifical ENG
02-23-2010, 12:04 PM
Theres a shtiload of hot Olympic babes besides Vonn.....

Tanith Belbin (USA Skating)
http://www.myavidgolfer.com/resources/Tanith_Belbin_JMP9884_506.JPG

Lacey Schnoor (USA Skiing)
http://www.blackbookmag.com/ee/images/uploads/schorr6.jpg

Carmen Shafer (Swiss curling)
http://nimg.sulekha.com/Sports/original700/carmen-schaefer-2009-3-21-6-31-2.jpg
http://www.newsgab.com/forum/attachments/celebrity-pictures/229056d1261348487-carmen-schaefer-swiss-curling-team-white-bikini-wet-shirt-carmen-schaefer.jpg

Allison Beaver (US Speed skater)
http://www.esquire.com/cm/esquire/images/02-allison-baver-photo-021610-lg-42326089.jpg

Tessa Virtue (Canada Ice dance)
http://nimg.sulekha.com/Sports/thumbnailfull/tessa-virtue-scott-moir-2009-11-22-15-12-4.jpg

Russian Women's Curling Team
http://i.imgur.com/agJ9g.jpg

Thats just a few.

Rame
02-23-2010, 12:43 PM
yea no doubt, dutch got a lot of fans in the richmond oval cheerin for them as well, is speed skating really a huge sport like all the analysts are saying in the netherlands?, u guys and the koreans dominate in that, canada was overhyped in speed skating, the women hav lived up but the men are just sorry, charles hamelin was a choke.

The dutch love speed skating but you only hear about it in the winter months.

It isn't huge but fairly popular.

baby jesus
02-23-2010, 04:27 PM
Hahaha The Russia Curling Team Everyone I Know That Has Watched A Little Bit Of The Olympics Has Mentioned Them Like You You See The Russian Curlers. Supposevly Great Britian Has A Hot Curler To But I Haven't Seen Her.

Prolifical ENG
02-23-2010, 04:36 PM
First Canadian womens ski cross champion

http://the5ringcircus.files.wordpress.com/2010/01/screen-shot-2010-01-22-at-5-27-41-pm1.png

spiggity_ace
02-24-2010, 12:32 AM
The dutch love speed skating but you only hear about it in the winter months.

It isn't huge but fairly popular.

ahh, that sven kramer error hurts eh thats a huge error, the coach fucked up big time

spiggity_ace
02-24-2010, 12:33 AM
First Canadian womens ski cross champion

http://the5ringcircus.files.wordpress.com/2010/01/screen-shot-2010-01-22-at-5-27-41-pm1.png

YEA im happy abuot this shes pretty bangin as well

spiggity_ace
02-24-2010, 12:37 AM
USA tapped that Canadian ass. LOL @ Crosby knocked in the first USA Goal. What a fag. Brian Rafalski and Ryan Miller making a name for themselves. Canada looked to be hitting hard though, I was hoping USA would start hitting hard back but we just focused on the game instead. Good stuff.

rafalski and miller should be pretty wellknown, ryan miller is being considered as the best goalie this season, rafalski has always been a good player

Rame
02-24-2010, 03:00 PM
ahh, that sven kramer error hurts eh thats a huge error, the coach fucked up big time

That was the worst shit ever, lol.
He and his coach were laughing and joking today so I guess he didn't feel the need to kill his coach. Better luck in 2014. ;)

baby jesus
02-24-2010, 04:21 PM
Holy Shit Sigh Of Relief Usa Just Beat The Swiss 2-0 Made It Way More Complicated Then I Would Have Liked. I Had A Feeling It Would Be Tough, You Lose Now You Go Home So You Know People Are Going To Be Playing All Out.

Prolifical ENG
02-24-2010, 05:10 PM
USA and Swiss passing and puck control looked awful...stupid puck losses everywhere. USA had some good key blocked shots...those blocks may have won the game for them.

baby jesus
02-24-2010, 05:52 PM
Russia Vs. Canada Tonight 7:30 Can't Wait For This Game Should Be Crazy. Can't Believe One Of These Teams Wont Medal. If Canada Loses Tonight Not Even Getting To A Medal Game In There Own Country Would Be An Epic Let Down.

Tecknowledgist
02-24-2010, 09:48 PM
i'm shocked

canada ASSRAPED russia man, it looks like they're gettin their shit together

i was sure that russia had that one, but wow, whatever babcock's doing, its working

see you in the finals USA. try and beat us twice.

THE MASON
02-25-2010, 10:44 AM
7 -3 what!!

whos next to get knocked down

baby jesus
02-25-2010, 10:45 AM
Wow Canada Destroyed Russia After Like 5 Minutes In Russia Was Looking For The Exit They Got Completely Overwhelmed. Canada Made A Statement That There Clearly Still The Team To Beat. Russia Played Scared Though They Didn't Want Anymore Physical Play. Typical USA Has The Harder Game To Get To The Gold Medal Now With Sweden Losing To Slovakia. USA Vs. Finland Will Be Tough But The US Should Win. Hopefully We All Get The Rematch For The Gold USA Will Not Be Overwhelmed Though Even If They Do Lose That I Know.

IrOnMaN
02-25-2010, 11:44 AM
I was watching women's short track speed skating relay last night. Korea thought they won the gold but they were disqualified due to one of the Korean skaters pushing a Chinese skater behind her. I thought that was bullshit. I understand rules are rules but wow! All that hard work for nothing.

It's like the male speed skater from the Netherlands who got disqualified because his coach told him to go to the next lane. Are you serious?

IrOnMaN
02-25-2010, 11:48 AM
When is curling going to air? And PLEASE tell me that it hasn't already aired because I'd pissed if it already did!

zeppelin2k
02-25-2010, 01:19 PM
usa vs canada rematch in finals will be good gambling times

Prolifical ENG
02-25-2010, 03:32 PM
That game Canada vs Russia was unreal. That first period Canada played better than any team in any period I have seen in the Olympics since the pros started playing in 1998. The puck control, quick crisp passing and shooting, checking makes Canada fun to watch.

The ladies play today....USA vs Canada for gold.

Ghost In The 'Lac
02-25-2010, 03:49 PM
LOL the jumps at the start of the Ski Cross are called "Wu Tangs", i forgot to mention that. I was listening at the time like WHY THE FUCK DOES THIS COMMENTATOR KEEP SAYING WU TANG hahahaha

spiggity_ace
02-25-2010, 05:16 PM
canada destruction of russia was amazing, nabokov got worked, bryzgalov didnt do much better damn, the hype that was ovechkin vs crosby was non existent, shea weber locked em down, OH and slovakia beat sweden, THAT is a surprise, i thought for sure sweden and canada would be playing tomorow, its all good, id love to watch slovakia vs canada, its gonna be great, i hope the womens team wins gold today!

Prolifical ENG
02-25-2010, 05:27 PM
I think Slovakia improved their roster a lot in the past 12 years. Before they werent considered amongst one of the 6 elite (Sweden, Finland, USA, Canada, Czec Rep., Russia) but on paper they look pretty good, plus they also beat Russia.

Gaborik, Stumpel, Palffy, Demitra, Hossa(s), Satan, Chara.....good team and on paper fucks with some of the 6 elite. Sweden would have had a better chance if Forsberg wasnt so old and Sundin was still playing...even the Sedins wont replace those guys in their primes.

spiggity_ace
02-25-2010, 07:17 PM
yea they got a good team, canucks fans hopin for demitra to keep the play up, chara will definitely be a force in the next game, hossa is a big threat, hopein weber locks em up though

Ghost In The 'Lac
02-25-2010, 07:35 PM
Really surprised USA couldnt score against Canada in the W Ice hockey final. Especially when they were 5 on 3 for 2 minutes. That was kinda lame.

I think the americans were too emotionally wound up. They seemed really edgy. They kept punching the Canadians in the face LOL

Prolifical ENG
02-25-2010, 08:03 PM
3 straight Olympic golds for the Canadian wimmens hockey team.

Tecknowledgist
02-25-2010, 08:25 PM
we're a little back in the medal standings right now but canada is currently tied for the most gold medals

Prolifical ENG
02-25-2010, 08:37 PM
we're a little back in the medal standings right now but canada is currently tied for the most gold medals

Yeah, we arent catching USA, Germany, Norway in totals...they all got too many bronze medals on us (I call the bronzes bar medals now after the snowboarder). So more golds kind of saves us some embarrassment on the podium. Just need to hope our curling golds fall through. Canada wont beat the 24 high in Turin but we passed our own gold count record.

Prolifical ENG
02-25-2010, 09:22 PM
There goes another choke on the mens team canada....first jump in aerials 1st, second jump, 5th...its all the Canadian men with the 4th 5th wooden medals...the women are dominating the podium.

baby jesus
02-25-2010, 10:51 PM
I Know I'm Not The Only One Laughing When I Heard Ziggy Palffys Name. The US Women Looked Nervous I Think The Difference Was That Canada Seemed To Have Better Ability To Finish. But Overall Watching The US Women Throughout It Looks Like Pee Wee Hockey Out There. They Can All Skate But There Shots Are Weak Passings Weak On The Mental Side They Make To Many Mistakes If I Was A Coach On One Of These Teams I'd Pull My Hair Out. Even The Refs Were Awful And These Were The Two Best Teams Seeing The Likes Of China And Shit Was Just Laughable.

tajeco
02-25-2010, 10:59 PM
ice skating was pretty good. Korean girl kicked ass. Good to see the Canadian get bronze after her mom's death recently

check two
02-26-2010, 02:13 AM
Drunkards? lol

http://a323.yahoofs.com/ymg/ept_sports_oly_experts__10/ept_sports_oly_experts-306746341-1267164115.jpg?ymTfPvCD9QLs.nWe

Crackhead Bob
02-26-2010, 02:18 AM
God, I can't wait til this shit is over.

check two
02-26-2010, 03:37 AM
On a side note, R.I.P. to C.R. Johnson.

http://sports.yahoo.com/olympics/news?slug=ap-california-skierdeath&prov=ap&type=lgns

DR. NICK RIVIERA
02-26-2010, 04:51 AM
Tina Maze got two silver medals already

http://tina-maze.firbec.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/08/tina-maze.jpg
http://www.sunosoft.com/img/link_108.jpg

you know you would hit it

http://www.pigac.si/wp-content/uploads/2009/01/20090110-tinamaze_45_goldenfox.jpg

Tecknowledgist
02-26-2010, 03:02 PM
wooooow kiprusoff shit the bed hahahah

BTTR KNG KOOL
02-26-2010, 04:11 PM
God

damn

Rame
02-26-2010, 04:11 PM
^ yeahhhh!

Ghost In The 'Lac
02-26-2010, 04:26 PM
Tina Maze got two silver medals already

http://tina-maze.firbec.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/08/tina-maze.jpg
http://www.sunosoft.com/img/link_108.jpg

you know you would hit it

http://www.pigac.si/wp-content/uploads/2009/01/20090110-tinamaze_45_goldenfox.jpg

Damn right I would she had been catching my attention actually. so many fine female affleets this year. i caught the figure skating last night jesus theres alot of talent there too.

that korean chick who won gold was fine.

Ghost In The 'Lac
02-26-2010, 04:34 PM
dammit i just realised ive missed the w. slalom just now. fuck.
i guess maria riesch got another gold, she turned out to be the actual star of the alpine, not her best friend Vonn.

spiggity_ace
02-26-2010, 11:51 PM
canada usa rematch, im fuckin amped, slovakia scared the fuck outta me at the end, but luongo shut the door, luongo is goin into the usa game hot but so ismiller, its gonna be an intense gold medal game, and hamelin fuckin won gold, thats great but its controversial, and i watched curling for the first time in my life and canada definitely shoulda won, some costly throws in their or else they woulda won for sure

baby jesus
02-27-2010, 01:53 PM
The Main Event Of The Olympics Tomorrow At 3PM USA Vs. Canada. The Underdogs With No Real Star Players That Wasn't Even Supposed To Win A Medal With Nearly Zero Olympic Experience How Can They Possibly Win Miller Cant Stand On His Head Again. They Should Just Lay Over But Then They Realize They Got Nothing To Lose And Canada Does. Team USA Wins 3-2 Drury Game Winner Late In The 3rd I Can Just Feel It.

Prolifical ENG
02-27-2010, 03:45 PM
Its funny with these team sports like hockey in the Olympics. A medal in hockey IMO is should be worth like 10 medals on the medal count instead of 1 by magnitude. In the games only 2 events in hockey, 2 curling (Canada dominates both) while there are like 30 events you can win a medal in that are directed towards the Nordic sports.

Rame
02-27-2010, 04:21 PM
^ The teams win those games, not the individual players.

Prolifical ENG
02-27-2010, 04:49 PM
^ The teams win those games, not the individual players.

Thats true, I was stating the medal count relative to different sports. Summer Olympics it goes the same way with basketball. I just think total and gold medal counts are over rated.

On the plus side its usually those team sports that have the most viewers.

Prolifical ENG
02-27-2010, 08:13 PM
5 golds in the last 24 hours for Canada to 13 golds for most golds. This beats Canadas best games in Torino when Canada got 24 medals.

USA also had their best winter games beating their Salt Lake city count and this time way ahead of Germany in 1st.

Big good ol' hockey game tomorrow.

THE MASON
02-28-2010, 11:25 AM
BIG game this afternoon

this should be an amazing game, both teams seem hungry for the gold, so it will be interesting to watch.

good luck america, you need it lol

Ghost In The 'Lac
02-28-2010, 11:35 AM
After watching the group game, I think USA will win.

Saying that, Canada finally got rid of that goalie, who basically threw the game last time with his erratics. So if you take him out of the equation, that last game wouldnt of been so clear cut.

I just feel USA's defence is alot better, and in big pressure games like this, thats most important.

I dont know much about hockey though tbh :)

IrOnMaN
02-28-2010, 12:59 PM
I just want to say congratulations to Steven Holcomb and the knight train for winning the gold metal in the four man bobsled event.:)

Crackhead Bob
02-28-2010, 01:14 PM
After watching the group game, I think USA will win.

Saying that, Canada finally got rid of that goalie, who basically threw the game last time with his erratics. So if you take him out of the equation, that last game wouldnt of been so clear cut.

I just feel USA's defence is alot better, and in big pressure games like this, thats most important.

I dont know much about hockey though tbh :)I love how you talk about Martin Brodeur likes he's some lowly piece of shit. You've never heard of him, have you?

Prolifical ENG
02-28-2010, 01:29 PM
Brodeur would be a top rated Goaltender in the NHL for years. He must have liked the Olympic play because like the NHL used to, had no trapezoid allowing him to play the puck more like the best goalies (Belfour and Cujo) used to practice a lot. Trouble is, you need to play a lot with the same defensemen or else they wont know what you're going to do with it (Devils had regular defensemen, one being Rafalski that plays for team USA). USA took good advantage of that which ended up in 2 of the goals last time.

For team USA, their best (and maybe only) advantage is goaltending but its still hard to hold team Canada off the scoresheet of all teams. They need to keep blocking the shots like they have been doing and get goals...Id say there will be over 7 goals scored in this game.

Crackhead Bob
02-28-2010, 04:30 PM
oh snap! 24 seconds left, eat that canada

Mumm Ra
02-28-2010, 04:39 PM
lol i never watch hockey but just turned it on in time to see a broadcaster almost burst into tears because of the game
he probably did during commercial break

V4D3R
02-28-2010, 04:39 PM
I was about to make a post talkin mad shit about how Canada nutted all over the record...i think it's going to be a "Wait for it.....

....waaaaaaaaaiiiit for it...................

waiiiiiit foooooor iiittttt

BAM fuck you olympic record. Bust a nut in your Olympic rings ...all of them.

V4D3R
02-28-2010, 04:55 PM
An unlikely hero...Sid the kid scores the goal making Canada the new winter sport nazis of the world.

Don't eat the snow.

edit* ok i wont say unlikely he was due but this week i will hate him again when he's a Penguin.

Mumm Ra
02-28-2010, 05:01 PM
for someone who doesn't like hockey i cant lie - that overtime was pretty damn intense

THE MASON
02-28-2010, 05:21 PM
CANADA!!!

hats off to the american team they put up a good game, again Miller stood on his head, and they worked hard to put it into overtime. hell of a good game to watch though

Crackhead Bob
02-28-2010, 05:26 PM
congratulations canada, you won despite your flapping heads and beady little eyes. touche canada, you win this round.

spiggity_ace
02-28-2010, 05:30 PM
CROSBY, wow, wut a legend, 14 golds too, wooooooo, USA had me shittin it their tho, but wow, and laced, canadas d is better than usa's, but the way that the forwards of usa play make it seem like they jsut put the gravity bind on the other teams. beautiful, and marty bashing smh, hes arguably the greatest ever.

Prolifical ENG
02-28-2010, 06:00 PM
the streets here are closed down...packed everywhere!

Tecknowledgist
02-28-2010, 06:01 PM
What a beautiful moment. All of the hard work of Canada's athletes over the past four years culminating into one record-breaking overtime goal with the entire country watching. Couldn't have happened in a more incredible way. I've never felt this patriotic in my life.

That's the most gold medals EVER won at the Olympic winter games. By any country.

And of course, it just HAD to be Sidney Crosby. Everybody's been shitting on him for two weeks about how he's not contributing enough to his team and how he hasn't been a big enough factor at the games. And then he scores what will be one of the most memorable goals in hockey history.

Never given a fuck about being a Canadian in my life until these past couple weeks.

:can:

baby jesus
02-28-2010, 06:03 PM
Canada Had A Big Stretch Run At The End It Seemed Towards The End They Were Getting Multiple Golds Every Night. The Story Of Them Finally Getting There First Gold On Home Soil Seems Funny Now.

I Guess Beating Canada Twice Was Just Asking Too Much For A Team Not Supposed To Medal They Played Amazing Better Then Some Of USA Flops In The Past With Much Bigger Names On There Roster. With All That Said I Thought They Would Def Medal And Had Hopes For Gold But Im Still Happy With The Results. It Really Had To Be That Faggot Crosby Couldnt Of Been Anyone Else Im Really Starting To Detest Him More Then Any NHL Player Ive Ever Hated.

USA As Whole Did Well Winter Olympics Are A Little More Difficult Then The Summer Games For USA. It Seems Theres More Sports Where We Cant Break Through But This Year They Took Two Of Those Off The List With The Showing In The Nordic Combine And Bobsledding

Blackula Spectacula
02-28-2010, 06:08 PM
14 GOLDS BABYYYYYYYYYYYY!

WHY SO RED WHITE AND BLUUUUUE america? MUUUAUUAUAUAUAUHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH!

We just kicked your asssss!

:can::can::can::can::can::can::can::can::can::can: :can::can::can::can::can::can::can::can::can::can: :can::can::can::can::can::can::can::can::can::can: :can::can::can::can::can::can::can::can::can::can: :can::can::can::can::can::can::can::can::can::can: :can::can::can::can::can::can::can::can::can::can: :can::can::can::can::can::can::can::can::can::can: :can::can::can::can::can::can::can::can::can::can: :can::can::can::can::can::can::can::can::can::can: :can::can::can::can::can::can::can::can::can::can: :can::can::can::can::can::can::can::can::can::can: :can::can::can::can::can::can::can::can::can::can: :can::can::can::can::can::can::can::can::can::can: :can::can::can::can::can::can::can::can::can::can: :can::can::can::can::can::can::can::can::can::can: :can::can::can::can::can::can::can::can::can::can: :can::can::can::can::can::can::can::can::can::can: :can::can::can::can::can::can::can::can::can::can: :can::can::can::can::can::can::can::can::can::can: :can::can::can::can::can::can::can::can::can::can: :can::can::can::can::can::can::can::can::can::can: :can::can::can::can::can::can::can::can::can::can: :can::can::can::can::can::can::can::can::can::can: :can::can::can::can::can::can::can::can::can::can: :can::can::can::can::can::can::can::can::can::can: :can::can::can::can::can::can::can::can::can::can: :can::can::can::can::can::can::can::can::can::can: :can::can::can::can::can::can::can::can::can::can: :can::can::can::can::can::can::can::can::can::can: :can::can::can::can::can::can::can::can::can::can: :can::can::can::can::can::can::can::can::can::can: :can::can::can::can::can::can::can::can::can::can: :can::can::can::can::can::can::can::can::can::can: :can::can::can::can::can::can::can::can::can::can: :can::can::can::can::can::can::can::can::can::can: :can::can::can::can::can::can::can::can::can::can: :can::can::can::can::can::can::can::can::can::can: :can::can::can::can::can::can::can::can::can::can: :can::can::can::can::can::can::can::can::can::can: :can::can::can::can::can::can::can::can::can::can: :can::can::can::can:

:fucku:

check two
02-28-2010, 06:27 PM
Overall Medal Count -37

Ranked #1: United States

spiggity_ace
02-28-2010, 06:35 PM
14 first place usa had 9 disregard the other medals

check two
02-28-2010, 06:37 PM
Total medal count declares the winner.

Ghost In The 'Lac
02-28-2010, 06:38 PM
Legendary historic moment for Crosby, cool way to end the games.

Some players are just destined I guess

Our BBC commentator Brent Pope (idk if any canadians know who he is) said Crosby had an injured ankle or something which was why he wasnt scoring much, but he was doing well for the team though.

Prolifical ENG
02-28-2010, 06:43 PM
Canada needs to win the gold in hockey. We take the sport extremely, furiously serious. Its what we're known for besides back bacon. Every Canadian city has their downtown streets shut down now with street hockey games being played right now.

Ghost In The 'Lac
02-28-2010, 06:48 PM
Every Canadian city has their downtown streets shut down now with street hockey games being played right now.

10f37Zex_o8

http://pics.livejournal.com/meganj28/pic/003tk6kw

Prolifical ENG
02-28-2010, 06:57 PM
10f37Zex_o8

http://pics.livejournal.com/meganj28/pic/003tk6kw

But in Canada almost everyone can skate well.

That puck control that team Canada had and those passing plays were fun to watch even though they didnt do it much against USA. Its going to suck having to go back to watching those shitty Maple Leafs....whick ironically is coached and GMed by the same pair that team USA had.

Blackula Spectacula
02-28-2010, 07:11 PM
Total medal count declares the winner.

I thought it was the country with the most gold medals won? Whatever, we rocked it out this yr. Americas got the most bronze lol .

11th Chamber
02-28-2010, 07:21 PM
We're still the most important country in the world

check two
02-28-2010, 08:06 PM
I thought it was the country with the most gold medals won? Whatever, we rocked it out this yr. Americas got the most bronze lol .

Why would they go by 'total' medal count, if only gold medals counted? What would even be the point in having silver and bronze medals? No offense, but it doesn't seem like some of you have watched the Olympics before this one.

Prolifical ENG
02-28-2010, 08:11 PM
IDK, Id rather a good number of golds than 38 bronzes to lead a count. Its funny when you go buy NBC's medal counts during any Olympics, they sort the medal count ranks by whatever puts USA higher.

Hey, check out the medal table on wiki...lol

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2010_Winter_Olympics#Medal_table

check two
02-28-2010, 08:14 PM
That's like a team scoring more points than another team in a game.. and awarding the game to the losing team, cause the high scorer on the losing team had more points than any player on the winning team. lol

Mumm Ra
02-28-2010, 08:18 PM
winter olympics don't count for much anyway (besides hockey i guess)
we all know summer olympics is what really counts

Prolifical ENG
02-28-2010, 08:24 PM
That's like a team scoring more points than another team in a game.. and awarding the game to the losing team, cause the high scorer on the losing team had more points than any player on the winning team. lol

But silver and bronze arent winners, they are consolation (loser) prizes.

Switzerland's medal total looks good. 6-0-2.

Ice hockey is a huge event in the Olympics but only +1 to those medal counts. The 3 Nordic sports combine for 1/3 of the medals awarded in the Olympics. Europe dominates those events but Canada and USA are starting to catch up.

Art Vandelay
02-28-2010, 09:08 PM
great fucking hockey game. i missed last weeks usa-canada game which everyone tells me was probably the greatest hockey game in over 10 years.

if canada had to win, i'm glad Sid got the goal.

Prolifical ENG
02-28-2010, 09:11 PM
^^^Yeah Sid will be back in office in Pittsburgh Monday morning.

Ghost In The 'Lac
02-28-2010, 09:15 PM
Alpine is what W.O is all aboot! Your canadian, of course you love hockey, but not many other countries other than Russia and USA care about it.

Im watching the closing ceremony and this part with these celebs coming out talking aboot canada is re asserting my belief that canadians are a little bit...strange.

But LOL Catherine O Hara ahahaahahahhaah shes been in some classics

Art Vandelay
02-28-2010, 09:21 PM
^^^Yeah Sid will be back in office in Pittsburgh Monday morning.

yeah i got tickets to the first game back against buffalo tuesday night. not sure if i can make it to the game, though...

i wonder if sid will be showing off his gold medal to evgeni malkin, sergei gonchar and brooks orpik.

Prolifical ENG
02-28-2010, 09:26 PM
Andre Fleury can do the same....hahaha

Its funny that hes shooting against Miller again.

Art Vandelay
02-28-2010, 10:07 PM
another overtime winner would be great.

V4D3R
02-28-2010, 10:11 PM
...and the Sens can hopefully continue their hot streak I'll be there for Saturday's game against the Leafs.

Blackula Spectacula
02-28-2010, 11:04 PM
Why would they go by 'total' medal count, if only gold medals counted? What would even be the point in having silver and bronze medals? No offense, but it doesn't seem like some of you have watched the Olympics before this one.

http://uploader.ws/upload/200907/tn_bikini.jpg

check two
02-28-2010, 11:23 PM
Sounds good.

SKAMPOE
03-01-2010, 12:12 AM
http://lh6.ggpht.com/_EXhBb0V30LA/S36lfO6rkYI/AAAAAAAABnw/SXeuWOtmrAI/dat%20ass.gif

Dirty Knowledge
03-05-2010, 12:59 AM
Talked some shit about the game that didn't mean anything so.. good Gold Game Canada fans. I think ya'll barely pulled it out, but good shit. Game was mad exciting. Watched it through and through with my pops. Prolly the first Hockey game I watched start2finish since '96.