PDA

View Full Version : Hip Hop Beats

Undiluted Karma
02-14-2010, 11:41 AM
Hey,

There seems to be alot of nice beats floating around created by WuCorpers...

Was just wondering what software people use to make hip hop beats because Its something im interested in pursuing as a hobby.

Peace and thx

PS: Don't have a Mac so no Logic recommendations please;)

Mai Wang Tu Phat
02-14-2010, 11:42 AM
FL Studio or Reason.

Undiluted Karma
02-14-2010, 11:45 AM
Props on the quick reply:)

Yeh i heard Reasons dope. Its got a steep learning curve though right? and no DST compatability right?

Im willing to try it though, Ive tried FL before.

5hundred&one
02-14-2010, 12:00 PM
FL & reason can do some amazing things, but I'm sure most the producers here who make beats worth listening to will agree that no software is complete without a little hardware.

try Reason out, ignore what ppl say about learning curves & all that shit, there's more than enough video tutorials to get u thru that learning phase. you'll get out what you put in, just remember that. the more time you dedicate to getting good at it, the faster it will happen, there are no real shortcuts.

I would download Reason 4 on bittorrent and see if it's for you, don't bother with demos. if you're the type of person who doesn't like pirated software, buy it after you fuck with it for a couple weeks to determine whether you like it or not.

you can do the same with FL, but Reason just has that hardware steez going on, and it'll probably teach you a lot about hardware connectivity if you don't already have some understanding of it, which is crucial to learn as early as possible.

hope that helps

Undiluted Karma
02-14-2010, 12:09 PM
FL & reason can do some amazing things, but I'm sure most the producers here who make beats worth listening to will agree that no software is complete without a little hardware.

try Reason out, ignore what ppl say about learning curves & all that shit, there's more than enough video tutorials to get u thru that learning phase. you'll get out what you put in, just remember that. the more time you dedicate to getting good at it, the faster it will happen, there are no real shortcuts.

I would download Reason 4 on bittorrent and see if it's for you, don't bother with demos. if you're the type of person who doesn't like pirated software, buy it after you fuck with it for a couple weeks to determine whether you like it or not.

you can do the same with FL, but Reason just has that hardware steez going on, and it'll probably teach you a lot about hardware connectivity if you don't already have some understanding of it, which is crucial to learn as early as possible.

hope that helps

Cool thanks for all the info man. Yeh Ima try Reason out for a few weeks see what I make of it.

Thanks again,

peace

Sinapse
02-14-2010, 12:31 PM
Yeah Juice Box hit the nail on the head, from what I understand Reason is much more like virtual hardware than say FL

Also agree that you should start to play with hardware ASAP you may like it a lot more, and decide to gear your setup toward hardware sequencing etc...personally I found producing on the computer boring and once I started using some gear it became really fun and hands on..

Mai Wang Tu Phat
02-14-2010, 03:09 PM
Yeah Juice Box hit the nail on the head, from what I understand Reason is much more like virtual hardware than say FL

Also agree that you should start to play with hardware ASAP you may like it a lot more, and decide to gear your setup toward hardware sequencing etc...personally I found producing on the computer boring and once I started using some gear it became really fun and hands on..

Word, it's much easier to get down exactly what you were going for when using hardware.

Undiluted Karma
02-14-2010, 03:21 PM
Once agian thanks . t his is like something i really wanna pursue for a while before i decide to start spending on hardware na'meen

Sinapse
02-14-2010, 03:31 PM
Word I feel you but it's not much money to grab some gear. People spend more money on weed and booze per week than you need to grab an old sampler off of ebay and start playing around. plus you can always sell gear, it holds value pretty well

5hundred&one
02-15-2010, 04:56 AM
word, this dude was tryin to sell me 2 mixers for 30 dollars today, lol.

once you get to the point where you make music that impresses ppl, you can start doing cool shit just by pushing your music all the time. if you mention to ppl that you're a producer tryin to start a studio, you come across mad ppl that got equipment they don't use.

at least around my way it's like that. for real, just go cheap at first and practice, better eqipment will happen eventually.