PDA

View Full Version : Yeah, you believe it, and I'm going to say why it's dumb.

LORD NOSE
02-16-2010, 10:02 AM
I-4QIvygFmc

Come Honor Face
02-16-2010, 11:05 AM
Personally, I couldn't have said it better myself. More innocent humans have been murdered over religion than any other reason in our history. Quite simply the worst thing we have ever invented. If it weren't so destructive, it would be funny that people really believe in that stuff. In kind of the same way it's funny for a teenager to still believe in Santa Clause. It is destructive though. Very destructive!

Urban_Journalz
02-16-2010, 12:51 PM
lol

Mumm Ra
02-16-2010, 06:36 PM
amen

Crackhead Bob
02-16-2010, 11:04 PM
Personally, I couldn't have said it better myself. More innocent humans have been murdered over religion than any other reason in our history. Quite simply the worst thing we have ever invented. If it weren't so destructive, it would be funny that people really believe in that stuff. In kind of the same way it's funny for a teenager to still believe in Santa Clause. It is destructive though. Very destructive!When you say embarrassingly stupid shit like this, you show your complete ignorance. If religion weren't invented, we never would have advanced past the stone age. This is a fact. Religion binds people together and removes them from barbaric modalities. Early advancing civilizations need religion simply to survive. It's like having training wheels on a bike though, you need to eventually cast off those wheels when you don't need them anymore. We are long past that point, and it is amazingly hard to accomplish while people cling to old superstitions like they are life savers.

But to say Religion is the worst invention ever is completely idiotic, without it, we would still be bashing each other with rocks and stealing each other's food in our sleep. A Snuggie, now that's the worst invention ever.

Edgar Erebus
02-17-2010, 04:11 AM
^ Bullshit bullshit bullshit.

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_R7sDbfe50qc/SaoMdO_4gYI/AAAAAAAAAp0/LxKY5yt1XUc/s400/BullShit.jpg

Religion was made simply to explain the supernatural, to overcome the fear of the unknown. They could survive pretty well even without religion. And the biggest achievement of any/all religion/s is making people maniacal killers with a wonderful ease, and slowing down any rational progress in human thinking. I'll admit though that snuggie is up there with the worst inventions.

DR. NICK RIVIERA
02-17-2010, 06:16 AM
^^^^what he said

Come Honor Face
02-17-2010, 06:35 AM
Yes. It is incredibly stupid bullshit!

Mumm Ra
02-17-2010, 07:43 AM
math, science, literature, great architecture, ect - basically the fundamentals of civilization - all came from the ancient egyptian's "religion"
as their religion was their society and vice versa
- id say it did the world some good
yeah people can get it twisted, but properly understood religion should = science

Urban_Journalz
02-17-2010, 04:31 PM
Incredible how people want to blame something outside of themselves for the things that they do to themselves and eachother. You'd think we'd have learned how to take responsibility by now and stop hiding behind excuses, but obviously this isn't the case.

Crackhead Bob
02-17-2010, 04:36 PM
^ Bullshit bullshit bullshit.

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_R7sDbfe50qc/SaoMdO_4gYI/AAAAAAAAAp0/LxKY5yt1XUc/s400/BullShit.jpg

Religion was made simply to explain the supernatural, to overcome the fear of the unknown. They could survive pretty well even without religion. And the biggest achievement of any/all religion/s is making people maniacal killers with a wonderful ease, and slowing down any rational progress in human thinking. I'll admit though that snuggie is up there with the worst inventions.Ok, name one civilization that survived without religion. I'll wait.

Uncle Steezo
02-17-2010, 05:33 PM
free from any influence whatsoever, humans will still worship.

Come Honor Face
02-18-2010, 08:01 AM
free from any influence whatsoever, humans will still worship.

What are you saying here? That if a human was never exposed to a religion, they would make up their own? If so, no shit! That's how religions started. So obviously, some would. Some people are fuckin nuts. We know that.

Uncle Steezo
02-18-2010, 09:00 AM
What are you saying here? That if a human was never exposed to a religion, they would make up their own? If so, no shit! That's how religions started. So obviously, some would. Some people are fuckin nuts. We know that.

go deeper.

worship is just as integral to the human experience as eating, sex, speech and walking upright.

it also implies that humans instinctually feel a power greater than themselves and honor that divine spirit in some way shape or form.

so what is the science behind rejecting this natural state of humanity?

Come Honor Face
02-18-2010, 09:29 AM
worship is just as integral to the human experience as eating, sex, speech and walking upright.

No.

Crackhead Bob
02-18-2010, 09:30 AM
^^^hey, sexual innuendo name, have you found a civilization that has survived without religion? I'm still waiting.

Come Honor Face
02-18-2010, 09:45 AM
What do you mean by that? How could anyone possibly know the religious beliefs, or lack thereof of every single human being in every civilization that has ever existed? If you can't do that, you really can't answer your utterly ridiculous question. You a strange fellow Rock.

Crackhead Bob
02-18-2010, 09:48 AM
Well, obviously the civilizations that have survived, are still around today. DUHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH HHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH HHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

So find one that's around today that is a-religious.

You fucking halfwit.

Come Honor Face
02-18-2010, 10:03 AM
So every civilization has religious people. As I said before, some people are fuckin nuts. Not that all religious people are nuts. Some are just gullible, or so scared to think about everything ending they convince themselves that when they die, it won't. Religion is extremely destructive to the human race. That is the point you are tryin to argue against, and you try to make your argument by asking a absurd question like that? At least you made me laugh with by getting emo.

LORD NOSE
02-18-2010, 10:10 AM
the good guidance some came and gave to the people got turned into a religion

Come Honor Face
02-18-2010, 10:12 AM
the good guidance some came and gave to the people got turned into a religion

Then people decided it was a great reason to kill other people.

Crackhead Bob
02-18-2010, 10:14 AM
No, that's not the point I'm making at all. You said religion is the worst invention ever. Even though I am an atheist, I disagree because I know for a fact that without a religious beacon, a blossoming civilization cannot thrive or survive. This is as close to a proven fact as you can get. Eventually, yes, religion becomes burdensome and unnecessary, but in the beginning of a civilization it is necessary. How can a necessity for survival be the worst invention ever? Again, I go with the Snuggie. You can argue all you want with this point, but I know I'm right, so what's the point?

Come Honor Face
02-18-2010, 10:17 AM
How can you say that it is necessity? How is, or was it a necessity Rock? A Snuggie is worse than something that has led to the murder of millions of innocent people? How so?

Crackhead Bob
02-18-2010, 10:25 AM
Because without religion, early civilizations wouldn't be able to come together because without fear of repercussions for your actions, people lash out and become violent and kill each other. Regardless of what you think, religion brings people together, different religions cause division. The prerequisite for each and every civilization that has survived and blossomed, has been the ability to hunt in pacts, religion, and language.

Today obviously, we don't need religion because we have a system of justice in place that highlights the repercussions of your actions. We have advanced to the point that people are more scared of being locked in a cage forever than burning in an eternal fire or spending your existance in limbo, which may or may not exist.

Come Honor Face
02-18-2010, 10:34 AM
Okay. We aren't going to agree on that. No sense in arguing any further about it. What the hell is up with that picture on the left side of your sig? A penis with a mans face on it? What does this mean?

Crackhead Bob
02-18-2010, 10:35 AM
That's Fredy Mech, a dickhead. Get it?

Come Honor Face
02-18-2010, 10:47 AM
Is he an american dickhead? I thought he was foreign for some reason. He looks American or Australian maybe.

Crackhead Bob
02-18-2010, 10:49 AM
Good call, Autralian