PDA

View Full Version : Too Old To Play Video Games?

TheMASSIVE
02-17-2010, 01:39 PM
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/8SBwvIO3UE4&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/8SBwvIO3UE4&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Subscribe and comment to his vid and let him know your thoughts on YouTube.com/ShawnLov (http://YouTube.com/ShawnLov)

Rame
02-17-2010, 05:00 PM
What's with the spamming?

NIGHT MAYOR
02-18-2010, 04:24 AM
good video, im hitting 27 in a few months and i dont think im 2 old to play video games, between me and my friends i have the fastest hand eye coordination. if i see something dropping i catch that shit - like the matrix.

plus i think in about 50 years "to old to game" wont be said, its just that cats much older than us never had a good gamming lifestyle thats why they are not avid gamers like my gen.

PEACE.

DR. NICK RIVIERA
02-18-2010, 07:07 AM
a lot of people don't find the time for games when you get older, or at least not for all games you would like to play

Rebel_INS
02-18-2010, 07:12 AM
I don't think there is an age limit on gaming. Of course, most younger people tend to have more time to play the games, but I know quite a few people that are 30+ that usually play daily.

NIGHT MAYOR
02-18-2010, 07:25 AM
a lot of people don't find the time for games when you get older, or at least not for all games you would like to play

i dont watch tv so it makes it easier, i do watch movies on my pc but there are only so many movies that are woth a watch.

Mumm Ra
02-18-2010, 08:22 AM
isnt the average videogame player 35 or some shit?
could be wrong, but i remember hearing that statistic

TAURO
02-18-2010, 08:54 AM
Most gamers today are between 20-35 years of age, basically anyone who is old enough to remember the NES and the 16 bit era. These are the gamers that have kept it going and helped to push a more mature gaming market.

Mic Tyson
02-18-2010, 10:31 AM
i dont think age matters unless your like 30 and playin games instead of workin or taking care of your kids or some shit. or u still wit ur parents

DR. NICK RIVIERA
02-18-2010, 01:01 PM
isnt the average videogame player 35 or some shit?
could be wrong, but i remember hearing that statistic

34 is the correct number as far as I know =) so yeah

WARPATH
02-18-2010, 01:06 PM

I have four kids. I handle my business.

I play ps3 almost daily.

It's annoying when you play these kids online that are fucking indestructible, like with Metal Gear Online......these people need to get out more.

KZA
02-18-2010, 09:25 PM
lol with MGO you have lag switchers and glitchers.

Uncle Steezo
02-18-2010, 10:59 PM
i really think there should be an age requirement cause these kids need to get physical and stop playing murder simulators like FPSs during mental/emotional development.

fucking fattie 13 gonna call me a noob! fuck him!

INF
02-18-2010, 11:02 PM
haha sometimes I feel like an old gamer when all I will play is retro or vintage games. I like todays games but I prefer old school stuff.

I played Final Fantasy 1 for the last 2 months like it just came out.It was ill.

You are never too old to game imo

NIGHT MAYOR
02-19-2010, 01:32 AM
i see games as a better for of entertainment than movies or tv. it stimulates your mind whilst television just sedates it.

DR. NICK RIVIERA
02-19-2010, 07:31 AM
that's why some people still play Counterstrike1.6 ... nothing gives the same satisfaction on the PC.

Hénri
02-20-2010, 10:22 PM
Ionno man if your 30+ with a wife n kids n STILL find time to play video games for hours every single day, there is something wrong wit your life. The last game I touched was GTA4 and that was spring last year LOL

NIGHT MAYOR
02-20-2010, 10:28 PM
guess im lucky im not 30+ with wife and kids

Hénri
02-20-2010, 10:38 PM
Don't get me wrong, I am not knockin games by any means. Its all good wit moderation n shit, but if your using video games as a coping mechanism for stuff that isn't workin out in your life then there is somethin wrong. Its the ppoeple who overdo it that piiss me the hell off.

EAGLE EYE
02-21-2010, 02:34 AM
Don't get me wrong, I am not knockin games by any means. Its all good wit moderation n shit, but if your using video games as a coping mechanism for stuff that isn't workin out in your life then there is somethin wrong. Its the ppoeple who overdo it that piiss me the hell off.

That's actually pretty good reasoning. Lots of people clutch to time consuming (entertainment) activities so they wont face reality and responsibilities.

But if you have your ass in gear and a prospective things on the horizon, you are never to old too play.

shaolinsword
02-21-2010, 05:10 AM
I think there was an age limit (by society's standards) until the Wii came out with it's family friendly and casual games but now it's generally more accepted that 30+ yr olds play video games

Mumm Ra
02-21-2010, 07:06 AM
i think there is more of an issue of being too young to play videogames than too old

TAURO
02-21-2010, 10:50 AM
I think there was an age limit (by society's standards) until the Wii came out with it's family friendly and casual games but now it's generally more accepted that 30+ yr olds play video games

Not the Wii, it was the playstation 1 that brought gaming to an older audience first.

shaolinsword
02-21-2010, 11:10 AM
Not the Wii, it was the playstation 1 that brought gaming to an older audience first.

Gaming has always been aimed at a mature audience but until the Wii was released it was mainly teens that played

pro.Graveface
02-21-2010, 02:18 PM
allmost 28 but when I hit 60! I'll still be playin NinjaGaiden or Tenchu

TAURO
02-21-2010, 04:11 PM
Gaming has always been aimed at a mature audience but until the Wii was released it was mainly teens that played

No it wasn't, before the playstation, gaming was percieved as for kids. Playstation changed all that with games like Resident Evil and the like. The only thing the Wii has achieved was turn gaming into a family event. Playstation single handedly changed the perceptions of mainstream audiences, you only have to look back at how Sony marketed the console back in the early ninties.

pro.Graveface
03-07-2010, 06:13 AM
Famicom was aimed for family in Japan in early 80s, called Nintendo in Us

Bloo
03-09-2010, 12:37 AM
Na, I don't think I'll ever be too old for this shit. My mother figured I'd be over video games by the time I started getting laid. I showed her though })

But for real, in this day in age it's just another form of entertainment. Just like watching a movie IMO. To each his own on how they decide to spend their extra time, I'll spend mine with a game though :thumbup: