PDA

View Full Version : James Ingram And Michael McDonald's Yah Mo Be There song

CharlesJones
02-20-2010, 10:05 AM
Nice 80's jam from James and Michael. James Ingram is a underrated r&b singer. I like some of his songs like One Hundred Ways, I Don't Have The Heart, Just No Easy Way. His duet with Patti Austin called Baby Come To Me is also nice.

fatboybrandon
02-20-2010, 02:53 PM
I love it. That chorus and back to back singing is great, esp. James Ingram. I play that sometimes while I'm doing stuff around the house like cleaning or cooking. The whole feeling of the song is like a build of energy that is very inspirational, like the type of song you would play during the victory of a hero in a movie. I remember his song Sweet Freedom has that type of feeling too.

James Ingram is good, I remember his song on Quincy Jones' The Dude album. Baby Come To Me is one song that brings memories from my childhood, one of the most calming songs I can think of.

CharlesJones
02-20-2010, 02:59 PM
The song you're talking about that's on Quincy's The Dude album is One Hundred Ways. That's a classic love song. I wanna get James greatest hits album. Patti Austin has a nice jam on The Dude album also called Razamatazz.

CharlesJones
09-20-2010, 02:49 PM
Fatboybrandon, can you post a link to James Ingram and Michael McDonald's Yah Mo Be There song? I wanna listen to it because i haven't heard it in a long time. Did they do a video for it? If they did, post the link to the video.

check two
09-20-2010, 03:37 PM
What about the song Just Once by James Ingram? That was sad at the end of The last american virgin.

LONDON!
09-21-2010, 07:31 AM
yeah 'yah mo be there' was a good 80's r n b song, i was gonna post it in that 80's thread but i couldn't find any links for it on youtube, just live versions of the song

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7HbbM-FG8lQ