PDA

View Full Version : What's Your Favorite Luther Vandross Albums?

CharlesJones
02-20-2010, 11:08 AM
These are my favorites.

Never Too Much
Forever, For Always, For Love
Busy Body
The Night I Fell In Love
Give Me The Reason
Never Let Me Go
Power Of Love
I also love his duet with Cheryl Lynn called If This World Were Mine. Marvin Gaye and Tammi Terrell did the song first but Luther and Cheryl's version is better. RIP Luther. You are my favorite r&b singer and his voice was so nice.

INF
02-20-2010, 11:42 AM
never too much
give me the reason
and power of love

smoothest vocals next to smokey back in the day imo

Ghost In The 'Lac
02-20-2010, 11:50 AM
this is the shit

S2-PW2l4b2A

CharlesJones
02-20-2010, 12:15 PM
A House Is Not A Home is a classic. Did ya'll know Dionne Warwick sang that first? Luther was the best at doing remakes of other artists songs. He did a remake of Stevie Wonder's Creepin song and he did it better than Stevie LOL. I haven't heard Stevie's version. He also did a remake of The Isley Brothers Love The One Your With song and his version is tight. I haven't heard The Isley Brothers version. He did a remake of The Temptations Since I Lost My Baby song and his is better but i like The Temptations version also.

Ghost In The 'Lac
02-20-2010, 12:24 PM
His version is alot better than Warwicks. He took over that song. He sings it to her in the crowd though. Theres also a young Janet in the audience.

fatboybrandon
02-20-2010, 04:04 PM
never too much
give me the reason
and power of love

^same here + Busy Body.

Luther was one of a few male R&B vocalists I couldn't escape in my household growing up as a child. Make Me A Believer is one of my favorite slow jams, there's a contemporary Soul artist who covered the song recently who I can't remember right now, when I find out I'll post it. The song Give Me The Reason is one of my favorites out of his catalog.

Pete Rock & Erick Sermon did a good job paying homage to Luther through their samples and quotes, Pete sampled a song from Busy Body on a Heavy D song, Erick sung the intro lyrics of MMAB on So Watcha Sayin' and also said "never too much like I'm Luther" on his song "Bomdigi".

I never heard his Cheryl Lynn duet, I'll seek that one out now

CharlesJones
02-20-2010, 04:06 PM
You never heard If This World Were Mine duet with Cheryl Lynn? Wow. You gotta hear that. That's a good one. It's on a couple of his greatest hits albums and it's also on The Wood soundtrack.