PDA

View Full Version : What's Your Favorite Isley Brothers Albums?

CharlesJones
02-20-2010, 03:14 PM
These are my favorites.

The Heat Is On
Harvest For The World
Go For Your Guns
Showdown
Winner Takes All
Go All The Way
Grand Slam
Between The Sheets
Smooth Sailin(this is really a Ronald Isley solo album even though his brother Rudolph is on the album cover with him but i don't hear Rudolph singing background on any of the songs.)
Spend The Night(this is a Ronald Isley solo album. So i don't know why it's a Isley Brothers album because he's the only one on the album cover LOL. Plus i don't hear his brothers singing background on any of the songs. His ex-wife Angela Winbush sings on one song with him that kinda sounds like a song she did with her former singing partner Rene called You Don't Have To Cry.)

Marvin Isley has diabetes and he ended up losing his legs. I don't know what Chris Jasper is doing now. Kelly Isley died in the 80's. Rudolph Isley is a church preacher now. Ronald and Ernie Isley are still doing albums every now and then. Their last album was Baby Makin Music and that was 4 years ago. Ronald got locked up for tax evasion shortly after Baby Makin Music came out and he got out last year. The Isley Brothers music started to suck after Spend The Night album because their music wasn't funky anymore like it was in the 70's and 80's. Back in the day, they had more jams than they do now on the last few albums they've done in the 90's and in this decade. Ernie, Marvin, Chris Jasper formed a group for a minute in the 80's called Isley Jasper Isley and their first album Caravan Of Love is good. They did 2 more albums after that and broke up. I haven't heard those albums.

oDoUoSoKo
02-20-2010, 10:46 PM
what about 3+3? WHO'S THAT LADY eloels.

CharlesJones
02-21-2010, 12:22 PM
I don't like 3+3 album. That Lady and Listen To The Music songs are the only ones i like on there.

Wu-Tang Forum Internet Poster
02-21-2010, 12:32 PM
Eaay2LMdDUg

Tommy
02-21-2010, 01:25 PM
I'm a big fan of The Isley Brothers but I've only heard their greatest hits, which would be your major recommendation for an album to start with, CharlesJones?

CharlesJones
02-21-2010, 01:31 PM
Tommy check out their albums that i said are my favorites up above.