PDA

View Full Version : It's Sad That There's So Many People Without Medical And Dental Insurance

CharlesJones
02-21-2010, 01:46 PM
I got medical insurance from my full time job but at the previous jobs i had, i never had medical insurance. But then again most of the previous jobs i had, i didn't stay with them long LOL. I used to have a lot of jobs through temp agencies and i will never do that again. Temp agencies try to keep you a temp as long as they can because the job they send you to most of the time aren't gonna hire you because they don't wanna give you medical and dental insurance. It's too many people in america that don't have medical and dental insurance and that's wrong. Last time i went to the dentist which was last summer, i had to pay $600 and i don't have dental insurance. The secretary at the dentist's office tried to schedule me another appointment and i told her she won't be seeing me again until i get some dental insurance.

netscape check two
02-21-2010, 02:18 PM
Even some good paying full time jobs don't have a good dental plan. If a person has a procedure that needs to be done, it can get real expensive. You must have had something done besides just a cleaning for it to cost $600. If I were you, I wouldn't want to be at the dentist that often anyway, especially if they are still using amalgams(silver fillings) at that office. Why do you think the suicide rate of dentists is so high.. from breathing all that in.

CharlesJones
02-21-2010, 02:20 PM
I saw a commercial for a dental insurance company and their monthly price isn't that bad. I forgot how much they were charging a month but i might give them a call.

netscape check two
02-21-2010, 02:24 PM
You can get cheap rates too if you go to a doctor or dentist that offers procedures specifically for people with no health insurance.

Also, some colleges that have students learning to become dentists will do procedures at a much lower cost than normal.

Afficial_Nastee
02-21-2010, 02:25 PM
A good toothbrush , a good type of tooth paste and a good habit of daily toothbrushing will make a dental insurance unnecessary....

Come Honor Face
02-21-2010, 02:30 PM
"It's Sad That There's So Many People Without Medical And Dental Insurance"

Yes it is. Unfortunately, the republicans and their rich people first attitude will never let anything happen to really change it. They've proven that. When any republicans start to consider siding with the Democrats on health care, some of the richest companies in the world (health insurance companies) throw a bunch of money at them to keep them from doing so. They try to pay off just a few democrats to ensure the public option will always fail. They will always win, cuz they got the money to make it happen. Nice try Obama, but this country is run by corporations, not you.

netscape check two
02-21-2010, 02:33 PM
A good toothbrush , a good type of tooth paste and a good habit of daily toothbrushing will make a dental insurance unnecessary....

Yeah, that's true. Some people don't take care of their teeth until it's too late. The same can apply for a person's health. Not enough is done for preventive health. Too many people wait until something is wrong.

Afficial_Nastee
02-21-2010, 02:38 PM
For juveniles I understand that a dental insurance is needed since some of them might need to wear braces....

Art Vandelay
02-22-2010, 05:48 AM
this is the first time i agree with cj on anything. i used to be again st universal health care because i thought people would take advantage of the system. but i realized so many people already are and it's still the hardworking people getting fucked over when their rates go up or they lose their jobs.

PuNcH_iN_PuNcH_OuT
02-22-2010, 07:55 AM
lol health insurance is designed to fuck you - its in the job description