PDA

View Full Version : Understanding Yourself

Visionz
02-22-2010, 05:23 AM
There's only so many personality types in the world. Understanding where exactly it is that you stand in that range can be very useful.

Answer honestly to these questions without over-thinking what's being asked and then post the results here.

http://www.careertest.net/cgi-bin/q.pl

I come back as a ENFP personality type

further explained here

http://www.personalitypage.com/ENFP.html
pretty much nails who I am as a person in a non-horrorscope reading kinda way.

J-Cee
02-22-2010, 05:54 AM
says im

INFP
http://www.careertest.net/cgi-bin/a.pl

J-Cee
02-22-2010, 05:56 AM
id say the definition of mine is quite accurate..

Visionz
02-22-2010, 06:20 AM
pretty remarkable right? To the point where its inspiring to know what I must confront and overcome in regards to certain weaknesses to get where I know I'm capable of going.

That second link I posted gives a much better explanation than the link with the actual test if you haven't checked it out already.

Uncle Steezo
02-22-2010, 06:24 AM
enfp

Uncle Steezo
02-22-2010, 06:26 AM
i found some of this test difficult to answer one way or the other.

Visionz
02-22-2010, 06:36 AM
i found some of this test difficult to answer one way or the other.
There was a couple where I felt the same way but I just tried not to overthink 'em.

Do you more often see life as
simple
complex

for instance, life is simple-the world is complex

or

Do you admire people who
can get things done
are warm and kind

I admire both but I can like a person that's warm and kind but I respect those getting shit accomplished more as I think its a rarer trait.

there where others

J-Cee
02-22-2010, 06:46 AM
ah yeh checked that out too..im an idealist..ehehe
http://www.personalitypage.com/INFP.html

Mumm Ra
02-22-2010, 07:01 AM
INTJ
while i agree with the self confident/ easy decision making/ independent (1% of the total population :dududu:)
that's about the extent lol, nearly everything else is off, some of it the complete opposite of me
but almost everybody who knows me personally has told me im by far the strangest person they've ever met -
i can leap through a lot of personality types in a single bound

NIGHT MAYOR
02-22-2010, 07:09 AM
INFJ

wow

NIGHT MAYOR
02-22-2010, 07:10 AM
"Only one percent of the population has an INFJ Personality Type, making it the most rare of all the types"

J-Cee
02-22-2010, 07:17 AM
im also special..eheeh

Marlo Stanfield
02-22-2010, 12:39 PM
INFP

im a dreamer...

IrOnMaN
02-22-2010, 04:44 PM
Your Personality type is ISFJ

http://www.personalitypage.com/ISFJ.html

Hmmm....

Frank Sobotka
02-22-2010, 05:37 PM
INTP.
That's me.

Ironical how a computer knows me best...

And People still say everybody's unique...

TeknicelStylez
02-22-2010, 05:49 PM
ESFP

The entertainer

They basically said I hate rules and authority and I will fuck shit up if it violates my freedom. Pretty on point.

Mal
02-22-2010, 06:56 PM
/

NIGHT MAYOR
02-23-2010, 01:54 AM
your infj too ? shiiiiieeeeeet *high five*

UnequivocallyCorrect
02-23-2010, 04:22 AM
SOB. Im INFJ too.

I thought I was rare but now im not. And now i'm easily hurt. (I can't help but disagree with that part.)

INFJ: Strong drive and enjoyment to help others. Complex personality. 1% of the total population. These are serious students and workers who really want to contribute. They are private and easily hurt. They make good spouses, but tend to be physically reserved. People often think they are psychic. They make good therapists, general practitioners, ministers, and so on.

Frank Sobotka
02-23-2010, 06:14 AM
If we make this test again in like 10 years, would we get the same results?

Regulas
02-24-2010, 02:54 PM
If you took this test several times you will find that there will be two types (sometimes more) that will show as your personality; for instance I am an INFJ but if I take the test 10 times 4 of those tests show my personality as an INTJ which I definately share some similarites with. Because the INFJ shows as the result of the test more often than not it is my "core" personality within the Meyers-Briggs system.

For my fellow INFJ'ers here you should know that while our type represents less than 1% of the human population, it also represents less than .25% of the male population...Pretty fuckin rare. Some of my favorite famous Infj's are, Jerry Sienfeld, Jamie Foxx, Adam Sandler and David mutha-fuckin Chappelle.

Anyway, as interesting and sometimes insightful as the myers briggs system might be, a deeper look at the personalty types will cause many, as I once did, to have even more questions like why aren't all Infj's alike? ,why are some famous enfp's really cool people and why are other's are complete assholes? Unfortuneatly all myers briggs does is touch on 16 personalities and list people who fall into the various types.

The Enneagram system provides answers to these questoins and so much more. The modern version of the enneagram system has refined by Don R. Riso and Russ Hudson.
The origin of the system lies in acient times with various cultures but it's strongest influence comes from the tree of life. That being said it is strongly grounded in modern psychology so it has something for everyone. This is what Mr. Riso has to say about Enneagrams:

"The Enneagram is an invaluable tool for the growth of consciousness in human beings. When the personality types (and the system as a whole) are rightly understood, they help illuminate what is so often unconscious—and therefore hidden—in us. The Enneagram helps turn the light of awareness onto those features of our personality that operate automatically, not only keeping us "asleep," but so often getting us into more trouble, more conflicts, and increasing our suffering and that of others. But, of course, the Enneagram is not automatic, much less magic. In fact, it is not something that can even be all that useful unless we have some degree of awareness, as well as the willingness to work on ourselves with honesty and humility. Given these, however, the Enneagram is one of the great helps available for alleviating human suffering. Through self-observation, we can come to a deeper level of self-awareness and self-realization. Through this process, things can begin to change. Transformation becomes not just an idea, but a reality. When enough individuals begin to change, the world will begin to change."

Here's what wiki says:

The Enneagram of Personality — usually known simply as the Enneagram — is an application of an enneagram geometric figure in relation to various personality issues. The term "enneagram" derives from two Greek words, ennea (nine) and grammos (something written or drawn). The enneagram figure consists of a nine-pointed diagram, usually depicted within a circle.

The Enneagram of Personality is mostly taught and understood as a psychospiritual typology (a model of personality types) [1][2] but is also presented in ways intended to discover and develop higher states of being, essence and enlightenment.[3] Each Enneagram personality type expresses a distinctive and habitual pattern of thinking and emotions. The behavioral characteristics of the personality types are less distinctive. It is claimed that by recognizing their personality pattern a person may be able to use the Enneagram as an effective method for self-understanding and self-development.

Copy link and scroll to the middle of the page and you’ll find the free test that will tell you what your core personality type is (although it goes way deeper than that):
www.enneagraminstitute.com/dis_sample_36.asp?discover

Anyone who wants a deeper understanding of themselves or at least their egos(personalities) should check this out as well as all of the great free info available via google.

Peace.

WARPATH
02-24-2010, 02:58 PM
I'm not doing this....

It was a homework assignment last semester.

Regulas
02-24-2010, 03:48 PM
FYI In the enneagram system I'm a type 8 which is generally called "The Leader" or " The Challenger" Some famous 8's are Martin Luther King Jr., Sean Connery, Fidel Castro Saddam Hussien.

More specificaly I'm an 8 with a nine wing(meaning that my personality is a combiation of both 8+9, 8 being dominant) This combo is called " The Bear", if I was an 8 withh a seven wing I would be called "The Maverick"

A notable bear is Bruce Lee!

Peace

Frank Sobotka
02-24-2010, 05:28 PM
1% in a world with how many billion people?

Regulas
02-26-2010, 05:05 PM
For those interested this link should provide an indepth understanding of enneagrams: www.enneagraminstitute.com/intro.asp

Visionz
02-26-2010, 07:14 PM
For those interested this link should provide an indepth understanding of enneagrams: www.enneagraminstitute.com/intro.asp
I find these ennegrams to be a less accurate assesment of who I am than being classified as ENFP personality type.

Uncle Steezo
02-26-2010, 08:35 PM
i think the results would be better if someone very close to you answered them for you.
sometimes we idealize ourselves.

Regulas
02-26-2010, 09:10 PM
I find these ennegrams to be a less accurate assesment of who I am than being classified as ENFP personality type.

That link doesn't contain the assesment of your type but rather the discription of how the system works.

You find your type, then find out what your instinctive centre is. Next you find out which "neighboring personality" influences you the most aka your "wing". And that is just the tip of the iceberg. This link shows the asseement of a type 8 and all of its variants(with some other usefull links too): http://theenneagram.blogspot.com/2007/09/type-8.html

Visions didn't mean to offend or take over your thread, just wanted to contribute. The Myer's Briggs system definately has it's merrits and is a pretty accurate starting point. The only issue I have is that it catergorizes the world into 16 personalities where enneagrams with all the variations have at least 54. But no one can tell you who you are so if ENFP works for you that's cool.

TheBoarzHeadBoy
02-26-2010, 09:32 PM
ENFP. I'm in the company of Visionz and Fox...

I'm an Inspirer. I like that.

Very spot on personality wise. I'm pretty impressed with this.

Visionz
02-26-2010, 11:48 PM
That link doesn't contain the assesment of your type but rather the discription of how the system works.

You find your type, then find out what your instinctive centre is. Next you find out which "neighboring personality" influences you the most aka your "wing". And that is just the tip of the iceberg. This link shows the asseement of a type 8 and all of its variants(with some other usefull links too): [url]

Visions didn't mean to offend or take over your thread, just wanted to contribute. The Myer's Briggs system definately has it's merrits and is a pretty accurate starting point. The only issue I have is that it catergorizes the world into 16 personalities where enneagrams with all the variations have at least 54. But no one can tell you who you are so if ENFP works for you that's cool.
no offense taken. I welcome the contribution and took the assessment from the link you posted, it's just I didn't think the results ring true for myself. I found the downsides of an ENFP through the Meyers Briggs results to be obstacles that have really held me back. Not so much with the results of being a type 2.

BTTR KNG KOOL
02-27-2010, 12:02 AM
INTP.

im in good company..

supposedly with einstein, tolkien, sokrates, darwin and so on...... hahaa

Prince Rai
02-27-2010, 05:03 AM
Interesting results.

It is true that we as individuals are all different when we compare ourselves with our socio/economic backgrounds and experiences, but all the experiences we do face are not necessarily unique as they are world concepts which may have been faced by others too.

Man=Specific type of person as per results
but also
Man=Uniqueness owing to personal upbringing shaped by socio/economic backgrounds and general experiences.

Regulas
02-27-2010, 11:10 AM
no offense taken. I welcome the contribution and took the assessment from the link you posted, it's just I didn't think the results ring true for myself. I found the downsides of an ENFP through the Meyers Briggs results to be obstacles that have really held me back. Not so much with the results of being a type 2.

I also really identified with(and in some situations still do) my INFJ type and started this thread a while back: www.wutang-corp.com/forum/showthread.php?t=5941&highlight=infj

I also agree with you that the obstacles related to the "MB" types are accurate and helpful.

I guess the major differences between the two systems are, the MB system shows "you"(your ego in reality) who you are now in terms of your dominant personality traits and how to get the most out of them.

The enneagram system on the other hand, while taking your MB type into account not only shows you who you are now in terms of your dominant personality. It goes on to show that you do not only hold the traits that you identify as you, but also the traits of the other eight core types. Furthmore it illustrates how, when psychologicaly healthy, a person can grow into a complete psycho/spiritual being by aquiring the positve traits of all the 9 types and no longer identifying with just one. This is done in a holistic, interdependant way similar to chinese medicine.

For instance ENFP would be under the Enneagram type 2 umbrella but it is going to match up better with your specific type which would be either a 2 with a 1-wing "the servant" or a 2 with a 3-wing "the host". Then your instinctual variant is taken in to consideration and added to the mix. And there is even further variation after that.

So while there might be several ENFP's here the MB system does not show any differation between them and it only shows you how to be the best ENFP you can be when in reality you are not just limited to function from the dominant traits of your ego.

Perhaps these might be more useful:

Type 2- The Helper/ Love-Seeker : http://theenneagram.blogspot.com/2007/09/type-2.html#gr

Type 2 - The Giver: http://www.enneagram.net/type2.html

Energy Healing For Type 2's: http://www.eclecticenergies.com/enneagram/energyhealing2.php

Scientific Proof : http://theenneagram.blogspot.com/2007/08/scientific-proof-for-enneagram.html

Instinctual Variants: http://theenneagram.blogspot.com/2007/09/instinctual-variant-stackings.html

Practcal Applications: http://www.enneagraminstitute.com/practical.asp

Levels of Development: http://www.enneagraminstitute.com/DevelopmentLevels.asp

Personal Growth : http://www.enneagraminstitute.com/personalgrowth.asp

Spirituality: http://www.enneagraminstitute.com/spirituality.asp

*obviously there is even more to be found in the links in the above sites.

Regulas
02-28-2010, 03:07 PM
Update- after some further investigation I found out that one of my earlier posts was incorrect. I stated that enneagrams have 54 levels of differation that account for the variations within the personalities and this was wrong. In actuallity there are 54 levels of differation within each of the 9 personality types for a total of 486 degrees of variation in the human populas!

Mumm Ra
02-28-2010, 03:59 PM
i think these types of tests are dangerous tbh
you fill out a form and it tells you how you are/ should be....thus making you believe that IS how you should be - while possibly making that person not want to expand or improve their personality traits (that's just how I am attitude)
its not like i even learned anything knew about myself from the results, and half of it was wrong anyway

beautifulrock
02-28-2010, 04:19 PM
Istp

These people are action-oriented and fearless, and crave excitement. They are impulsive and dangerous to stop. They often like tools, instruments, and weapons, and often become technical experts. They are not interested in communications and are often incorrectly diagnosed as dyslexic or hyperactive. 5% of the total population.

Face of the Golden Falcon
02-28-2010, 08:33 PM
you fill out a form and it tells you how you are/ should be....thus making you believe that IS how you should be - while possibly making that person not want to expand or improve their personality traits (that's just how I am attitude)
its not like i even learned anything knew about myself from the results, and half of it was wrong anyway

Truth is though, people are so self absorbed that they don't want to improve on their personality because they are so attached to it. How many people do you know who say shit like..."I just tell it like it is, I don't care what people think that's just who I am"... "I'm outspoken, it's who I am and won't change for anyone" etc.

People need to be taught the truth about personalities and the truth about who they really are.

HETEPU

Regulas
02-28-2010, 09:06 PM
Truth is though, people are so self absorbed that they don't want to improve on their personality because they are so attached to it. How many people do you know who say shit like..."I just tell it like it is, I don't care what people think that's just who I am"... "I'm outspoken, it's who I am and won't change for anyone" etc.

People need to be taught the truth about personalities and the truth about who they really are.

HETEPU

Everyone is entieled to their opinion and here's mine. Perhaps the two of you didn't feel like reading through all of the other posts but the system I presented doesn't attempt to tell you who you are. It shows you which "personality" that you currently express yourself from and then goes to show that you are infact not your "personality" but the complex of all personalites-much like Khemetic initiation, since it's based in the tree of life.

Also sometimes when a personality reading doesn't "read" as you it's often because you have been "mistyped", that is of course if you are actually open to it...

Mumm Ra
02-28-2010, 09:15 PM
i can respect that more, i didnt check the system you presented but i was mainly speaking on the one that started this thread - and many many others that deal with the same type of classification system seem to be flying around the net.

Visionz
03-11-2010, 01:24 AM
no one can tell you who you are, in the end only you can make that call. When I read the results though I don't get a 50/50 split on what its saying, I read it and its pretty much who I am as a person almost to a T. If I were to rate it, I'd say 95% correct. Maybe there's another type out there that youd feel the same way about, maybe there's not. idk

About expanding or improving the personality, I view it more as appreciating and recognizing the differences in us all that are just a part of life. I'm not saying I don't aim for growth as a human being but there's a certain outlook and mindset, likes and dislikes, that I have about things that will always be me. I stumbled across this researching possible careers out there and when viewed in that light I think it can prove to be beneficial.

Its kinda like brussell spouts. There's no growing to like 'em either you do or you don't. Sure you might eat 'em if you're starving or really want the nurishments (in my case anyways) but if they taste nasty, they taste nasty-nothing really you can do to change that, so its better to find the nutrients somewhere else.

Mumm Ra
03-11-2010, 03:42 AM
There's no growing to like 'em either you do or you don't. Sure you might eat 'em if you're starving or really want the nurishments (in my case anyways) but if they taste nasty, they taste nasty-nothing really you can do to change that, so its better to find the nutrients somewhere else.
hrmm guess i'll have to strongly disagree with you on this one viz
you've never disliked something....then grown to like it? not just food, but anything?
everything that you like/ dislike is just a conditioning, and all conditionings can be altered, by definition
if you define your self as a set of likes and dislikes you are automatically placing a limit on your growth potential
IMO anyways
i mean yeah, there's things that i like and don't like, AT THE MOMENT, but i do my best not to define myself as such

Visionz
03-11-2010, 03:58 AM
hrmm guess i'll have to strongly disagree with you on this one viz
you've never disliked something....then grown to like it? not just food, but anything?
everything that you like/ dislike is just a conditioning, and all conditionings can be altered, by definition
if you define your self as a set of likes and dislikes you are automatically placing a limit on your growth potential
IMO anyways
i mean yeah, there's things that i like and don't like, AT THE MOMENT, but i do my best not to define myself as such
there's food that I haven't liked in the past that I've grown to like and I'll check every now and again just to see if I now like something that I once didn't but some things will always apparently suck ass. Pickles, for instance. Idk I don't think anything's wrong with trying to be as flexible as possible but the brain will eventually loose its plasticity so it seems only natural that sooner or later you really are stuck in your ways.

Aren't there jobs out there that you just know you would just hate doing even if you've never done them before?

Longbongcilvaringz
03-11-2010, 04:27 AM
As with all of these things, this pretty much means nothing.

Who says that your personality type doesn't determine the self conscious manner in which you answer these question, warping the result.

My results were partly true, but mostly nonsense. I relax very well but i am somewhat cool and reserved.

INFP: "Questor" (http://www.careertest.net/types/descriptions/infp.htm). These people are idealistic, self-sacrificing, and somewhat cool or reserved. They are very family and home oriented, but don't relax well. High capacity for caring. High sense of honor derived from internal values. 1% of the total population.

SID
03-11-2010, 05:37 AM
Your Personality type is ENTP

Fatal Guillotine
07-30-2012, 09:52 AM
up