PDA

View Full Version : Remember when i kept saying the term "Black" makes no fuckin sense?

TSA
02-23-2010, 09:13 AM
The genomes of four Bushmen and one Bantu were sequenced or partially sequenced. 'If we really want to understand human diversity, we need . . . to study those people,' the study's lead author says.
By Thomas H. Maugh II

February 18, 2010

Scientists have long known that natives of southern Africa are genetically quite distinct from people in the rest of the world, but a new study in which the genomes of four African Bushmen and one Bantu were sequenced or partially sequenced indicates that there is a much greater diversity among the populations there than had previously been suspected.

Two Bushmen from different tribes living within walking distance of each other can have greater genetic differences than a European and an Asian, according to the study published in Thursday's edition of the journal Nature.

"If we really want to understand human diversity, we need to go to Africa and study those people," geneticist and lead author Stephan Schuster of Pennsylvania State University said in a teleconference Wednesday.

The study, which marked the first time that the DNA of a hunter-gatherer had been sequenced, found about 1.3 million novel variants in the genetic sequences, accounting for about 1% of the total human genome, the researchers said.

The greater genetic diversity there, researchers said, probably results from the fact that modern southern Africans originated there and have lived continuously in one region much longer than other peoples, thereby having more time to accumulate variations. Despite those differences, the Bushmen also had similarities that distinguish them from other population groups. They were missing a gene that allows them to metabolize lactose; were lacking a gene that promotes malaria resistance; had genes that gave them denser bones, greater strength and a greater ability to run short distances; and had another gene that promotes their ability to retain salt and water at high temperatures.

Even so, the researchers said, it is important to remember that the overall genomes of all human beings are virtually identical and the small differences they observed represent adaptations to new or changing environments.

The research was conducted by a team headed by Schuster and geneticist Vanessa M. Hayes of Children's Cancer Institute Australia in Sydney. They completely sequenced the genomes of one Bushman and one Bantu and sequenced the protein coding regions of three other Bushmen.

The Bantu was Archbishop Desmond Tutu, who served as a surrogate for the agricultural peoples who account for about 80% of southern Africa's population. The four Bushmen, also known as Khoisan or San, were the heads of their tribes living in the Kalahari Desert. Their names were !Gubi, G/aq'o, D#kgao and !Ai and they spoke Tuu, Ju/'hoansi and !Kung. (The unusual characters denote clicking sounds in the languages.) One immediate surprise to emerge from the research, at least for Tutu, was that one woman in his lineage was of Bushman origin. It is not clear, however, how many generations back that woman lived.

The greater strength and sprinting ability of the Bushmen would be a clear advantage for survival in the arid Kalahari, as would the ability to retain water and salt. The lactose intolerance and lack of resistance to malaria, however, could be significant problems as more of the Bushmen are forced into agrarian societies where milk is a staple and the density of malaria-bearing mosquitoes is much higher than in the desert.

All of the genomes are being placed in online databases, where they will be freely available to other researchers. The medical histories of the subjects, all of whom are in their 70s and 80s, will also be posted to help researchers link specific gene variations to diseases.

None of the Bushmen had any previously known genetic disorders. Tutu is a survivor of polio, tuberculosis and prostate cancer.

The southern Africans join a small select group of people who have had their entire genomes sequenced, including Nobel laureate James Watson, pioneering geneticist Craig Venter and anonymous Chinese and Korean men.

The fact that the team was able to sequence five separate genomes illustrates how far the technology has come in recent years. The original Human Genome Project took more than a decade, involved thousands of researchers and cost an estimated $3 billion. The Africa project took about a month to sequence each genome and the total cost was $2 million, Schuster said.

thomas.maugh @latimes.com
I think out of seeing the world from a white person's point of view like most black ppl do makes no sense to the COLORED man.

most black ppl have nothing to eff wording do with each other genetically and i think we should begin respecting these differences as opposed to trying to force them all into one bloc of "people that aren't peach", cause its foolish.

infact, boy, you a foo.

i find the diversity amongst THE BLACKS remarkable though

Uncle Steezo
02-23-2010, 09:54 AM
I think out of seeing the world from a white person's point of view like most black ppl do makes no sense to the COLORED man.

Xgl7iD1n9sQ
http://www.babble.com/CS/blogs/strollerderby/2009/02/smart-kid.jpg

TSA
02-23-2010, 09:56 AM
well, things like making africa 1 country, or you getting mad that i said i have as much in common with you culturally as i would a white person. things like that make no sense 4 REAL.

i think its ignorant to assume all non peach ppl are BLACK and arabs and iranians get their own race. wtf? what's the difference?

IrOnMaN
02-23-2010, 09:56 AM
Hmmm....

Uncle Steezo
02-23-2010, 10:01 AM
so this is about dividing people into smaller racial groups?

LoTec
02-23-2010, 12:09 PM
it is important to remember that the overall genomes of all human beings are virtually identical

This is the most profound thing in the article and the rabbit hole goes much deeper than that.

Huggasaurus Sex
02-23-2010, 12:21 PM
usually you have to look at their skin but i'm pretty good at telling if they're black just by hearing their voice and/or smelling them.

Uncle Steezo
02-23-2010, 01:06 PM
i have as much in common with you culturally as i would a white person.

i didn't know dna was the same as culture.
but in terms of culture, i'd say you are no diff from any other american youth.

you speak english, you listen to hip hop, you have an american education, your family is christian and you have american values.

MAYOR QUIMBY
02-23-2010, 01:10 PM
so this is about dividing people into smaller racial groups?
Thats how i'm seeing it. By dividing people into even smaller races it will create even more segregation, such as religion.

SKAMPOE
02-23-2010, 01:30 PM
Xgl7iD1n9sQ
http://www.babble.com/CS/blogs/strollerderby/2009/02/smart-kid.jpg
I READ THe wHOLE THING AND THIS WAS THE ONLY THING THAT STOOD OUT AND MADE ME SAY WHOOOOOOAAAATT?!!!!

TeknicelStylez
02-23-2010, 01:45 PM
you guys are trying to kill eachother already and you want to seperate your race now? lol

Uncle Steezo
02-23-2010, 01:54 PM
basically derek read the 1st paragraph and got excited.
i just wonder why these guys are trying to map african and asian genomes.
they spent 2 million just to try and reclassify race?

i think you see where i'm going with this.

ALCATRAZ
02-23-2010, 02:08 PM
white people are fucking crazy first we all the same now they mad that no one realizes we ain't the same... which one is it LOL

narc
02-23-2010, 02:30 PM
So, inbreeding tribes with small gene pools = THA BLACK MAN HAS MORE DIVERSITY

Uncle Steezo
02-23-2010, 02:55 PM
So, inbreeding tribes with small gene pools = THA BLACK MAN HAS MORE DIVERSITY
derek concluded that they and he aren't black for this reason.

lol@the audience celebrating blackness more than TSA.
hKCsUWx-QoA

hom1e
02-23-2010, 03:21 PM
basically derek read the 1st paragraph and got excited.

Scientists thing - they just want to go deeper and deeper...

TeknicelStylez
02-23-2010, 03:51 PM
I don't give a fuck what your genome is to whoighty you'll always be a nigger

TSA
02-23-2010, 06:12 PM
i didn't know dna was the same as culture.
but in terms of culture, i'd say you are no diff from any other american youth.

yeah, exactly stupid, that's literally what im telling you.

im not talking about dividing anyone into smaller groups, im just saying its stupid to keep believing the things like race

DUMBO
02-23-2010, 06:24 PM
this all makes sense only when you place it in the context of the joos.

hom1e
02-23-2010, 07:42 PM
Anybody got mad about this? It's just a scientists bullshit.

Uncle Steezo
02-23-2010, 09:15 PM
yeah, exactly stupid, that's literally what im telling you.

im not talking about dividing anyone into smaller groups, im just saying its stupid to keep believing the things like race

i don't think you know what you are trying to say.

aren't you the guy who makes "White People are this.../Black People are that..." threads?

or did this report change your view on classification all together?

on an even cultural playing field, people who look alike will naturally congregate. you see it all the time on college campuses, black asians latinos and whites segregated.

race is a construct based on physical traits(dna) AND culture(values).
valid or not, race exists.
race will exist until humanity interbreeds into something that resembles Tiger Woods.

but to say that race doesn't exist is like saying gender doesn't exist because there are butch dykes and flaming homos.

diggy
02-23-2010, 11:23 PM

i think you see where i'm going with this.

Yup.

It is said Africa and Asia are overpopulated.

Genomes are being classified.

I think something morbid is being planned.

Uncle Steezo
02-23-2010, 11:40 PM
i wonder what would happen if a deadly disease was released in Africa.

diggy
02-23-2010, 11:48 PM
Ya, we are on the same page.

TSA
02-24-2010, 12:29 AM
i don't think you know what you are trying to say.

aren't you the guy who makes "White People are this.../Black People are that..." threads?

or did this report change your view on classification all together?

on an even cultural playing field, people who look alike will naturally congregate. you see it all the time on college campuses, black asians latinos and whites segregated.

race is a construct based on physical traits(dna) AND culture(values).
valid or not, race exists.
race will exist until humanity interbreeds into something that resembles Tiger Woods.

but to say that race doesn't exist is like saying gender doesn't exist because there are butch dykes and flaming homos.
when i make my black ppl white ppl threads im just joking.

some ppl really think there's a bond between me and themselves (you) cause we have a similar hue of flesh.

even look at what you're saying, race is a construct based on physical traits and culture.

but there are black ppl whos culture has nothing to do with other blacks, white ppl whos culture is more like that of blacks then other whites and so forth.

like myself, i've either grown up with whites or africans, but im still the same race as a girl that half samoan, half black and is a moron from utah.

race is a foolish obsession with skin based on nothing but your religion when white ppl encountered you.

look at african, none of those blacks have nothing in common culturally, and most of the time nothing in common physically either.

most black ppl don't look anything alike either, or atleast there's more facial differences in my own family then all of the arab/persian/mediterranian world.

infact if someone has all white features like a lot of black americans do and have 1% black in them they're still black. like diggy who is mixed and from a 1 parent home.
mind you the parent was white and doesn't know anything about black ppl except the degrees celcius of negro sperm against skin.

TSA
02-24-2010, 12:30 AM
and modern science is questioning the relevance of gender even.
(sex is not the same as gender)

and sex even works in a spectrum as opposed to an absolute like we assume.

Uncle Steezo
02-24-2010, 01:15 AM
1. i seen your family pics.
you gonna really sit up here and say yall don't all have the same 6 inch wide nose and masonic temple head?

2. foolish or not, people identify with what they see in themselves and relate to culturally. this is the construct of race.

your skin is dark, your hair is curled tight. my skin is dark, my hair is curled tight.
my lips are thick and my nose is wide, your lips are thick and your nose is beyond wide.
your gums and nipples are black and you get ingrown hairs on your face.
guess what? me too.

now compare those traits to jasper and bateman.

if the four of us walked into a room full of chinese people, many of whom have never seen anything but chinese, would they categorize us by culture, age, height OR color/features?

i think what you are experiencing is the blurring of the color lines.

did christianity (your religion) put these two kids in separate groups?
even the baby is like "aye man where the fuck are your lips?"
http://mesmochato.blogs.sapo.pt/arquivo/benetton.jpg

TSA
02-24-2010, 01:21 AM
1. i seen your family pics.
you gonna really sit up here and say yall don't all have the same 6 inch wide nose and masonic temple head?

2. foolish or not, people identify with what they see in themselves and relate to culturally. this is the construct of race.

your skin is dark, your hair is curled tight. my skin is dark, my hair is curled tight.
my lips are thick and my nose is wide, your lips are thick and your nose is beyond wide.
your gums and nipples are black and you get ingrown hairs on your face.
guess what? me too.

now compare those traits to jasper and bateman.

if the four of us walked into a room full of chinese people, many of whom have never seen anything but chinese, would they categorize us by culture, age, height OR color/features?

i think what you are experiencing is the blurring of the color lines.

did christianity (your religion) put these two kids in separate groups?
even the baby is like "aye man where the fuck are your lips?"
http://mesmochato.blogs.sapo.pt/arquivo/benetton.jpg

for as many similarities you can find between you and i i can find the same amount between myself and bateman or jasper or yourself with these nubile white men.

its just ppl are focused on the ones we call race

Uncle Steezo
02-24-2010, 01:52 AM
for as many similarities you can find between you and i i can find the same amount between myself and bateman or jasper or yourself with these nubile white men.

its just ppl are focused on the ones we call race

this i gotta see.
http://www.threadbombing.com/data/media/2/THISGONBGUD.gif

please identify the unique physical similarities between you and bateman or jasper.
take your time, i'll wait.