PDA

View Full Version : Inspectah Deck - The Manifesto

Crackhead Bob
02-26-2010, 03:30 AM
http://www.ddotomen.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/02/Deckfrontfinal-480x480.jpg (http://www.ddotomen.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/02/Deckfrontfinal.jpg)

1. Tombstone Intro (Prod. by J.Glaze)
2. The Champion (Prod. by Alchemist)
3. Born Survivor ft Cormega (Prod. by Moss)
4. This Is It (Prod. by Dtox)
5. Luv Letter ft Ms. Whitney (Prod. by INS)
6. P.S.A (Prod. by Lee Bannon)
7. T.R.U.E ft. MeShel (Prod. by INS)
8. We Get Down (Prod. by INS)
9. The Big Game ft Raekwon & AC (Prod. by Mental Instruments)
10. Tombstone Interlude (Prod. by J.Glaze)
11. 9th Chamber (Prod. by INS and Khino)
12. Really Real ft. Carlton Fisk & Fes Taylor (Prod. by INS)
13. Serious Rappin ft Termanology & Planet Asia (Prod. by Mike Cash)
14. Do What U Gotta (Prod. by Flip)
15. Crazy (Prod. by J.Glaze)
16. Gotta Bang ft Kurupt and Billy Danze (Prod. by Shorty 140)
17. The Bad Apple (Prod. by K.Slack)
18. Brothaz Respect ft Cappadonna and Fes Taylor (Prod. by Cee the Architech)
19. 5 Star G (Prod. by Moss)
20. The Neverending Story ft Pleasant (Prod. by Agallah)

Inspectah Deck ...will never be the number one rapper in the game. It's sad but true, having never dropped a classic in either the eyes of the fans, nor critics. His resume highlights will always be on group albums or guest spots on other group member's solo classic albums. A ferocious emcee when bouncing off his brethren, or the jump off on a magnum-opus, Inspectah Deck has never saved the best for himself. His beats have always skewed away from the trademark Wu sound to a more soul oriented city feel, with very few exceptions (Rec Room, Hyperdermix). The Manifesto isn't a deviation from this, but rather an improvement upon his mostly failed choices of the past. The beat selection is sharp, and uniquely him. It encompasses some Wu-tracks (The Champion, 9th Chamber, Crazy), some city tracks (The Bad Apple, The Big Game, Brothaz Respect), some softer joints (Luv Letter, T.R.U.E.), rock hybrids (Born Survivor, Serious Rappin') and some spaghetti western cuts (Tombstone interludes, PSA, 5 Star G). In this, it's not as bland as say The Movement or Resident Patient, rather it's much closer to Uncontrolled Substance in terms of variety and replay value, but really, it combines elements of all his previous albums.

With The Manifesto, even cursory listens to this album will be able to pick out the many, many quotables spread throughout the landscape of his vocals. Deck is still a monster on the mic, even if the fans of Wu don't appreciate his ear. The opening track after the intro, The Champion, still displays Deck's disapproval with how he was treated in the game, rehashing memories of the Movement, and having the feeling of Ali when he got his championship taken away, still the king in the people's eyes. This has been a reoccurring theme of Deck's since mid 2000, and personally I think fans are pretty tired of it. He needs to stop worrying about a past he can't change, and start focusing on what little future he has left. Nobody ever likes the guy who whines about losing.

The Wu-Tang Clan wouldn't be the Clan without Deck and vice versa, but Deck seems to be the one most straying from their signature sound on his solo records. That's fine if it works, but in the past, fans displeasure has proven it hasn't. Those genuinely loyal to the Wu may find this a boring rehash of his old material, while fans of Hip Hop and great lyrics in general should love the effort put into this work. The Manifesto is a culmination of Deck's talent and emotions, laid to wax. It encompasses all he is, with all he used to be, and more. Time will tell if it is better or worse than his debut album, because that will be the barometer. If the fans will give it the attention this album deserves, it will probably have much the same effect Substance had, that being an album that grows on you with every listen. It's certainly not Cuban Linx 2. Until RZA provides Deck with an entire album full of beats, nobody is expecting Deck to live up to those lofty expectations, but for now, this is a pleasant surprise.

5 Stars
4 Stars
3 Stars
2 Stars
1 Star

Tombstone intro

Hard splashing percussion and a simple key changing piano loop provide the beat for Deck to methodically rap over. Although simplistic in the forefront, mechanized sounds in the backdrop make this a very interesting and catchy listen. Deck does his best stutter flow on this. An excellent Intro.

"I speak from the heart
You reek from the start
I be sleepin' with sharks
You be briefin' the NARCs"

The Champion

This jump off is an instant classic. Alchemist provides one of the most interesting beats you will ever hear. Both glorious and melancholy, this evokes many emotions, and makes me think about, among other things, when Deion Sanders won the Superbowl and wanted to kill himself. There is that kind of ambiguity on this track. Short and sweet at just under 3 minutes, this will have immense replay value. Deck proves masterful wordplay as the last word of each line, rhymes with the beginning word of the next line, throughout the entire track. It get's really interesting when it connects thoughts..."spark light, nightbreed, seed planter, camara flash, cash only homey"

Born Survivor

The last two times Cormega collaborated with the Wu, (Tony Montana, Radiant Jewels) the result was a masterpiece. So undoubtedly expectations would be high for this particular collaboration. Cormega and Deck don't disappoint at all, especially with Deck's mic skills... "Still I'm quick to pop it off...with the model broads or the Molotovs". Cormega continues to show why he's one of the more overlooked emcees in the game.

"They say God don't like ugly, Blessings are upon us
Bush hated niggas, Now the president's a brotha
Whether you in a gutta or ya residence enormous
That shit don't matter when death around the corner
Before ya book of life ends recognize the author
All praise due Things you do bring Karma
Ya seeds shouldn't need cuz you beefin' wit baby mama
Will be the one you need when police raid the corner
ain't nuttin but niggaz frontin' shitty drugs and trauma
Girls who want Prada, Women who want powder
children are more violent from livin' with less guidance
and don't learn respect til they fit in with old timers
You walk the same path now they road is wiser
A quiet man's a giant when the code is silence
Speaks volumes, Loud dudes ain't always liver
My city never sleep, I'm a born survivor"

This Is It

Funky guitars and vocals form a familiar backdrop for Deck to flow over. The vocals are an incredible standout portion of this typical city track. After a few listens, it really grows on you.

"I even the odds
I'm bleedin' I'm scarred
A nickel bag in the park, believe I'm involved
I'm on everything cuz I ain't feelin' a job
Ya boy Deck's a king keep it realer than y'all"

Luv Letter

Re-used sample from Yolanda's House is actually welcome to me, one of the few people that considered the moaning on the YH beat extremely abrasive and annoying. Deck continues the rock music tradition of Journey's "Faithfully", writing a love letter home while avoiding the distractions of touring life.

"There'd be days when you call I'm on stage
Text messenging all in a rage
You think I'm foolin' around
But the truth is I'm movin' around
LA yesterday to the bay next stop Chi-town
Rarely get a chance to lie down
Snatchin' paper with the fly sound
All to hold you and I down
When the going got rough you ain't jump up and leave
But if you did, wouldn't be so tough to believe
Cuz I know I put'cha through it
Woman like you, you just trooped it
Girlfriends calling you foolish"

P.S.A.

The grimiest of grimy beats, Deck thuggishly trudges along like stomping Timbs, in this swaggerful dis track. Another short but sweet classic edition to the Wu catalog at just under two minutes long. "I'm wild like Clifton Powell, grammar tight like Vanna White hands when I flip the vowel."

T.R.U.E.

Extremely chill jazzy track chronicling the life of a drug dealer and the changes a person undergoes living the thug life. Deck switches up the flow multiple times on this album, showcasing his range as a vocalist like never before, but this would be considered 'typecasting' as it is just typical ABC Inspectah flow. Not that special.

"Young me used to Willy the block
Mountain bike Nike dunks skunk phillies and gwop
I watched the older heads shake those dice
Same night, watched 'em pull out the gauge when he aced out twice"

We Get Down

Probably the most boring and repetitive track on the album, We Get Down is a blatant Dr. Dre production rip off, down to the Nate Dogg clone on the hook. A glaring mistake on an otherwise very good album.

"New Jack city Nino nigga growin up fast
Get tossed off the forth floor right in the trash"

The Big Game

Rebounding from disaster, The Big Game features a very impressive flow by Deck and Clan-mate Raekwon. An inspiring electronic loop and decent hook anchor down this near classic that strays far from the signature Wu sound. It's different, but not less. I can see this taking time to land those die hard Wu fans, but could go down as one of the better tracks on the album.

Tombstone interlude

Rehashing the beat from the Tombstone intro, Deck once again double steps through syllables and metaphors deftly attacking an unknown foe.

9th Chamber part 2

With a screaming Deck angrily spitting two and three syllable lines over multiple overlapping vocal tracks, and an absolutely dirty underground beat providing the background, this is a worthy sequel to the original on Uncontrolled Substance, and an instant classic. A great way to kick off the second half of the album.

Really Real

Carlton Fisk and House Gang member Fes Taylor provide back up to Deck on this ghetto tale. Never to be outdone, Deck has the standout verses here. A slow deliberate beat of clashing strings, piano, and bass feels uneven but works pretty nicely. Listen for Carlton Fisk's "No Homo" moment on his verse.

Serious Rappin'

Slamming electric guitar mixes with funk in this original crossover track. Termanology and Planet Asia fill in the blanks with fine guest appearances, but once again Deck is the highlight, as is the Premiere-esque hook of pieced together voice samples.

Do What U Gotta

An odd beat selection, this track is a clash of originality and spastic lyrics. A soundscape sure not to be repeated is not the only draw as Deck's lyrics are crazy by any standards. A weak hook makes this one of the bottom 3 tracks.

Crazy

The more I listen to it, the more I like it. Deck experiments with flow and cadence, something that immediately takes getting used to. The huge highlight here is the sped up chipmunk sample on the hook, easily one of Deck's best choices in his career. Plucked strings and easy going percussion give this a solemn feel, melding perfectly with the subject matter of the vocals and title. "I'm voting for Barack, I just hope they don't kill 'im. I'm buggin' off the government, they buggin' off the fact that the next pres' gonna be a woman or a black."

Gotta Bang

Originally known as Pop Dem Thangz, it really doesn't matter what you call this utterly forgettable track. Guest spots by Kurupt and MOP member Billy Danze cannot lift this out of the monotony of a track where literally everything on it sounds reused.

The Bad Apple

Menacing low slamming piano notes and echoing synths propel this diamond-hard city track. Deck cautiously but deliberately rolls over the beat dropping tons of nasty metaphors in his wake. Definitely a pause and rewind track loaded with replay value. This will get bump in the whip on those trips out to Queens.

Brothaz Respect

Strange uneven transitions in the beat are the only drawback to this song as Deck and Cappa submit wonderfully descriptive verses. A familiar Raekwon voice sample is all the hook needs, as this is a finely mixed mess, for lack of a better word. Deck quotables abound.

5 Star G

The epitome of the spaghetti western beat, Asian flutes melded with funk guitar and snappy percussion make for an incredibly addicting forefront for Deck to spit over. Add sharp brass on the hook, and you have a song much richer than the lackluster attempts of the past. Only problem here seems to be the direction of the track. Is it a party joint like the hook suggests or is it a misogynistic jab like Deck's lyrics try to show? Who knows, but it's pretty good.

The Neverending Story

This lackluster ending is a disappointment to those fans like myself, who want just one more classic to conclude the album. A very weak hook and average lyrics are no way to conclude what many could consider a comeback for the very underrated Deck, who has spent the last 8 to 10 years being beaten up by fans and critics. Never end your album with a weak track. It leaves an unpleasant aftertaste.

With expectations for this album in the toilet among fans and critics, the bar was not set very high and Deck certainly cleared it easily. Still, everybody should take away the same feeling as his other ventures, that Deck has never really reached his potential. Sure about a half dozen classics and a half dozen bangers isn't too bad for a twenty song album, but where is the loaded album full of classics that the original Uncontrolled Substance was supposed to be? Inspectah Deck is almost there. A good majority of his lyrics are at the highest caliber, and if he can get the RZA beats to match, one day we may all be in for a treat. Until then, sit back and let The Manifesto sink in. There is much to grow on.

82/20= 4.10 out of 5

claaa7
02-26-2010, 04:34 AM
good review, i'ma have to sink it in a bit before i drop one on this but i wouldn't say it's better than "Uncontrolled Substance" on first listen. the beats don't appeal to me as much, not saying Deck (who stepped his lyrical game big time from previous effort) doesn't spit over some HEAT, but since he's a vet in the game i feel he would've used some better producers for this.

Crackhead Bob
02-26-2010, 05:04 AM
I don't necessarily feel like it's better than Uncontrolled Substance either, but it seems like a more complete album. One thing I'm sure of, is that I have a better feeling about this album, than I did when Substance first came out. It took me quite a while to get into that album.

SHEEPISH LORD OF CHAOS
02-26-2010, 05:51 AM
It's better Than The Movement and still is allot better than allot of release out today but Deck really shined on this lp hard and maybe one or two tracks were weak for the most dude came strong because of the non exceptations.

claaa7
02-26-2010, 06:01 AM
i think lyrically it's much sharper than "The Movement" from first listen but i enjoyed Ayatollah and Phantom's beats on that one better i think. about the same level

Senator C. Palantine
02-26-2010, 06:07 AM
It's so frustrating listening to half the beats on here knowing that 'Ringz or a shit load of other better producers would have been more than happy to lace the beats.

Deck goes hard.

THE MASON
02-26-2010, 08:34 AM
imma take a minute to go over the review, i havent checked the album yet.

im still wondering if its worth buying, its just the beats i am worried about.

Hollow Dartz
02-26-2010, 11:03 AM
Dopium is better than Uncontrolled Substance?

SHEEPISH LORD OF CHAOS
02-26-2010, 11:26 AM
been bumping it two days straight the lp is dope as fuck, i've been loving deck's style on this record and his previous stuff cuz he trying to distance himself from the boxed in wu sound and make deck's sound

Crackhead Bob
02-26-2010, 12:42 PM
Dopium is better than Uncontrolled Substance?
I'm not going to explain how averages work with you, buy a book or something.

Come Honor Face
02-26-2010, 01:06 PM
dopium is better than uncontrolled substance?

No.

Come Honor Face
02-26-2010, 01:09 PM

It was a simple question. A yes, or no would have been appropriate.

UncontrolledSubstans
02-26-2010, 01:30 PM
Great album. Much better then i expected from Deck after what i of the tracks he put out on Myspace. 8/10

Lol on some people here tho. First of all this is not even close to his debut "Uncontrolled Substance". That album was a certified classic. Mad replay value. I would say that this album is better then "Resident Patient", although it dosen't have any tracks in the same level as "Sound of the Slums" and "A Lil Story".
I would say that the album is on the same level as "The Movement". Is just that "Manifesto" is much more solid. I dosen't really have any filler (maybe "Gotta Bang" categorise as a filler) like "The Movement" had. On the other side at Deck's best moment on "The Movement" he was on a another level.

People relly thought that Deck was lyrically sharper on Manifesto than on The Movement?:

"I supply the fire, let your headsets be the bomb
One song, give you pipe dreams like Cheech & Chong
Got dough, cop and go, all else breeze along
Be strong, the high last four weeks long
Get your eat on, she'll hold you til the fever is gone
Got you cold sweatin', and up creepin' til dawn
Wide eyed, off the side, no sleepin' on morn'
O.D.'ing, just the side effects, so, please be warned
Son, I raise your blood pressure like tight jeans and thongs
Guaranteed like throwin' the bomb to Keyshawn
Put your peeps on, I spice it up like Dijon
We be, ease to calm, to the streets we belong
Don't be alarmed, cuz indeed the heat is on
So hot, to touch me, you need tweezers and tongs
If I breathe on the mic, it's left weakened and torn
Til he gone, you'll be leanin' like your sneakers are worn, off the worst"

"Ya'll better rock ya'll hoodies
And hold your girl tight, before we pop that pussy
It be so real, I don't need no deal
My mass appeal make a marvel out how he so ill
Ya'll time is up, try your luck, ya'll wind up
Fucked up, before you even recognize I struck
Roll with the live dozen, got all eyes buzzin'
With strong rhymes cousin, been a long time comin'
Break your weak links, in the chain, fuck your mink, and your reign
Son is lame, plus he thinks it's a game
But, we about to apply the heat (the heat)
And snatch him up out the driver's seat
I put my life on it, post up like who want it
Blast off with the force to send ya'll in orbit
Wild like whitey's in the mosh pit, yeah we gon' start shit
Pack 'em down, then corner the market"

Crackhead Bob
02-26-2010, 02:23 PM
Uncontrolled Substance is not a certified anything.

sickdog
02-26-2010, 03:06 PM
2.5/5

few good bangers, but overall some boring shit.

RagapanD-ZALLAH
02-26-2010, 03:23 PM
good review man
Though i do think this is better than Dopium. And was that U-God on We Get down hook?
lol

Jin10304
02-26-2010, 04:58 PM
Is that Fes Taylor on Luv Letter?

New Hills 36
02-26-2010, 05:08 PM
Good review BR. Early days yet but this is good lp I think - certainly one I will play more than the Movement (just couldn't get anywhere with that one).

I'm with Angry on Crazy - top banger. (err is it Ueuy on Gotta Bang?)

Nice one Deck - deffo coppin - (not sure I'm into this early downloading but I did it - it's a bit crap paying money for something you already have)

Hollow Dartz
02-26-2010, 05:13 PM
Fuck an average nigga...it's not better than US. If anything you need to fix something..

Crackhead Bob
02-26-2010, 05:22 PM
It's hard to explain, I did the track averages when it first came out and I didn't like it as much as I did Dopium, still going back and looking at it, I don't think Substance has more than 5 classics on it, and there are a few really horrible tracks on there, that's not saying Dopium doesn't (remixes), but if you took statistics, you would know that those two numbers are so close, it's an insignificant difference. I think the two albums are in the ballpark of each other. Do I think Uncontrolled Substance is a better album? Well, having ten years to grow on me, I'd say probably.

DRUNKENARTS
02-26-2010, 08:47 PM
very good review b-rock, from the few tracks iv heard from this i like wat i hear, but i dont see this being close to uncontrolled substance....... time will tell, ima wait 4 the hard copy

SKAMPOE
03-01-2010, 03:57 PM
props and thanks for the review, i will change all the names and put mines on it...jk

but yo
u must type liek 420 werds every thirty seconds huh?

i bet u werk in the courts typing thos sausages

Crackhead Bob
03-01-2010, 03:59 PM
nah, I just hunt and peck, the sausages get in the way

SKAMPOE
03-01-2010, 04:23 PM
2.5/5

few good bangers, but overall some boring shit. ...SICKDOGboring? lol man, this shit hits home to any real street niggaz... 5 stars , repped for the review.

FatherSl!me
03-01-2010, 04:26 PM
quick. someone get me a download link

SKAMPOE
03-01-2010, 04:28 PM
also cats expectin rza beats all the time... rza is not the same rza we fell in love wiff..

SKAMPOE
03-01-2010, 04:29 PM
i havent heard a rza beat i loved since the bob digi album the birth..

IrOnMaN
03-02-2010, 10:47 AM
Nice review, B! Are you a journalist?

DNasteee
03-02-2010, 02:09 PM
Nice review, I mostly agree with your ratings system as well other than Uncontrolled Substance being behind Dopium...

Production didn't have to come from Rza for my taste, it just have to be better...and I understand hot beats alone don't make an album, but neither does great lyrics...you need both, this is music after all, and Production quality is a big chunk to that equation..

Everyone's entitled to an opinion, but I don't understand how anyone can realistically rate this album a 5 star classic. Even 4 is really pushing it.

Gitche Manito
03-02-2010, 04:40 PM
Uncontrolled Substance is not a certified anything.

Indeed it is not. I'm not a big fan of it.

This one though, is quite to my liking.

I'll try to buy it on the 9th, if distribution works the way it should.

DR. NICK RIVIERA
03-03-2010, 04:55 AM
2.5/5

few good bangers, but overall some boring shit.

this says it all. not worth buying, if you haven't heard it yet. some people liked it, but universally it's not really loved. IMO it's his worst project til' this day.

Crackhead Bob
03-03-2010, 06:39 AM
IMO, you're an idiot. Get much out of the snippets you listened to once?

sickdog
03-03-2010, 06:51 AM
iam not buyng this fo sure.

DR. NICK RIVIERA
03-04-2010, 09:18 AM
IMO, you're an idiot. Get much out of the snippets you listened to once?

I downloaded it and even posted a link in our Non-Ignorants section, go ask.

Other than some new flows he is rocking everything is pretty lame on this album. But that's my opinion, like I said, some people like the album, some don't. I'm in the latter.

kingaaronz
03-07-2010, 12:47 AM
Worst Wu solo album I've ever heard. I mean, there's a few good tracks but overall it's pretty much just shit. Anyone else notice how slower Deck is on the mic now? His flow is deteriorating which is a sad sight. Rhymes are still deep, though.

Cilvakingz
03-07-2010, 04:05 AM
I agree with Beautifulrock : this is a slow burner

listen to it once only and you won't grasp it, listen to it regularly and it will open up to you as his most solid effort to date.

Deck always tried to get away from thé wu sound on solo discs , now for the first time he managed to do just that in a quality way

If Manifesto shows Deck at his best when he thinks out of the Wu box, fingers crossed then for the Rebellion if he could make that the opposite and present us the Wu side of Deck

Leo Angel
03-07-2010, 08:14 AM
nice album, but there is no comparison with Uncontrolled Substance... US was a superior album IMO

Crackhead Bob
03-07-2010, 04:35 PM
I mean, I already have more experience with this album than most people, just having done the lyrics, but listening multiple times, the lyrics become hypnotic and I find myself spitting out lines here and there, it really is a great album if you give it a chance. I would say it's def on par with Substance, not on the same level as say OB4CL2, but a solid 4.

duotone
03-07-2010, 04:42 PM
i dont think that this gonne be better than us....
i get my copy next week from amazon...

i buy music before listening... anticipation is the best.. i miss the 90s where you bought a cd because of the love to the artists and some reviews or MTV videos...
i still support the fam!

New Hills 36
03-07-2010, 04:55 PM
Deck's timing when he spits on this lp is.....exquisite

Gitche Manito
03-08-2010, 06:24 AM
nice album, but there is no comparison with Uncontrolled Substance... US was a superior album IMO

I can't stand Uncontrolled Substance, the beats and Deck's performance don't cut it for me.

I didn't care much for Deck's solo efforts before this one. It is definitely the best Deck solo album to date in my opinion.

Buying a hard copy tomorrow.

Leo Angel
03-08-2010, 09:05 AM
I can't stand Uncontrolled Substance, the beats and Deck's performance don't cut it for me.

I didn't care much for Deck's solo efforts before this one. It is definitely the best Deck solo album to date in my opinion.

Buying a hard copy tomorrow.

it's all about opinions bro:z

peace

11th Chamber
03-08-2010, 12:11 PM
Alot of good tracks, alot of weak tracks.

Iv given quite a few spins, but its not holding me in like I want it too

'Really Real' is that shit tho. One of the best joints on the album

As a whole, I'll give it a 3/5 so far. Too many cats here (Skamp...) are overrating this too much. Im still gonna buy it if I see it in stores tho, dont get me wrong

Crackhead Bob
03-08-2010, 12:15 PM
Really real has the biggest no homo moment on the album. See Carlton Fisk's last line.

11th Chamber
03-08-2010, 12:19 PM
ahaaa I never picked up on that

"watch me get that man off"....

Hollow Dartz
03-08-2010, 01:27 PM
Lol

Tony Kipriani
03-09-2010, 05:22 AM
straight bullshit
the worst wu-solo ever

Jin10304
03-09-2010, 08:52 AM
Naw its not nowhere near Mr. Xcitement

Crackhead Bob
03-09-2010, 02:07 PM
straight bullshit
the worst wu-solo ever

says it all

Ginnsey
03-18-2010, 07:51 AM
Ive never downloaded an album of the internet....

But in this case i did, since i have bought all of decks solo efforts so far and been disapointed, i thought i owed it to myself to give it a listen 1st.

Glad i did, cus im not gonna be buying this one when i see it in the shops.

I skipped through it all upon my 1st listen and not one track made me think, wait hold on dont skip just yet. Thought it would grow on me so i did the whole thing back 2 back a couple of times. it didnt.

This is definaltey decks worst solo to date. I even think the movement was a better effort.

duotone
03-18-2010, 08:39 AM
Ive never downloaded an album of the internet....

But in this case i did, since i have bought all of decks solo efforts so far and been disapointed, i thought i owed it to myself to give it a listen 1st.

Glad i did, cus im not gonna be buying this one when i see it in the shops.

I skipped through it all upon my 1st listen and not one track made me think, wait hold on dont skip just yet. Thought it would grow on me so i did the whole thing back 2 back a couple of times. it didnt.

This is definaltey decks worst solo to date. I even think the movement was a better effort.

when you have all decks solo efforts, i think one time, you go in the store and will cop that... :)

i bought BO2... even its pretty whack... but i cant have a cut in my collection of deadly darts! its not intelligent.... i know... but what the fuck... just show some love to deck and fill the hole!

Rollo
03-18-2010, 03:21 PM
Shit is awesome.
It doesn't feel like a Wu album and in this case that's actually refreshing.
His voice flow and style seem refined to the point it's all finesse.
Shit sounds beautiful.

Champion, Serious rappin, born survivor, 9th chamber part 2, do what you gotta, true, this is it are my favorites.

I give it 4.5/5

Not sure what the bitching is about... people nagging because the beats aren't like wu beats which is to say they don't sound like they're stuck in 93, others complaining it sounds like 1999... which is retarded since the same sounds and equiptment are used in todays music...

It's not as good as OB4CL 2, but it's not far off for me.

Crackhead Bob
03-18-2010, 03:26 PM
^^rep, I listen to it every day, I love it, only song that sucks to me is We Get Down.

DThayer36
03-18-2010, 06:12 PM
i cant wait to get that shit!!

Haitianhustla
03-19-2010, 07:03 PM
the album is a banger first album from deck im gonna cop since uncontrol subtance my fav joint is brothaz respect deck verse is the best of the album imo i had it on repeat like crazy

DThayer36
03-22-2010, 11:07 PM
dope fucking album....props to deck!!

pmack215
03-24-2010, 07:37 AM
deck's story kills me. i hate this fuckin game!!! the most underrated lyricist EVER!!!
(i must admit though, he hasnt done himself much justice in the way of putting together complete albums.)

hopefully this observation bodes well for this album: i havent seen him promote himself/projects this much since "unctr. substance".

i've intentionally only listened to 1 track from this so far..."the champion" has a fucking awesome beat (alchemist) & deck's rhyme style is....different (sorta subtle) & ITS FUCKIN DOPE!! plus, he has a full-fledged "big budget" video?!?!?!?!?!
.....riding the wave of his critical acclaim on CL2... good timing for INS.

really looking fwd to this album now! i really wanna concentrate on it & really try to see/hear what deck is trying to do.

* INS 4 president! *

Dr Zayus
03-24-2010, 11:54 PM
Pitchfork reviewed it today.

Inspectah Deck was never the most commercially viable member of the Wu-Tang Clan, and 1999's Uncontrolled Substance certainly wasn't a five-mic classic. But during a worrisome stretch for the Wu-Tang Clan that year, he seemed among the most likely to survive and even thrive if the Clan ceased to exist as a functioning group. Largely self-produced and forgoing any A-listers (U-God doesn't count), the album harbored no delusions about what it was meant to provide-- Deck ripping through one simile-laden verse after another with beats that stayed out his way. But since then, his fall-off has been dramatic, as he's rattled off increasingly less-noticed solo drops and sounded wholly uninspired on higher-profile Wu-related releases (remember "keep it fresh like Tupperware" from 8 Diagrams?). It was easy to view last year's "House Nigga" as some sort of nadir, Deck spending five minutes dissing Joe Budden for his Internet fame. This was the guy whom even GZA was scared of following on "Triumph"?

A more positive approach is to see the song as Deck's attempt to find his place in a galaxy of faded NYC stars; the wise ones realize they're not competing with Drake. At the outset, Deck seems aware of what could constitute a solid 2010 release on his part. Though the ringside samples of "The Champion" are beyond played, he still lets off rounds of impressively pugilistic internal rhyme. Meanwhile, the Obama-quoting "Born Survivor" continues the low-key revival of Cormega and reveals the image Deck wants to create for himself here, a grind-oriented street soldier not all that far removed from latter-day dead prez albums. They called it "revolutionary but gangsta," while Inspectah boasts, "Still I'm quick to pop it off/ With the model broads or the Molotovs."

But as Manifesto runs through its forbidding 20-track playlist, it unsurprisingly falters when it chases Hot 97 spins that are laughably out of reach. The aluminum hand-claps of "We Get Down" evoke a G-Unit beat so generic that even Tony Yayo would take pause, "T.R.U.E." is a limp rap&B overture for empire states of mind, and "The Big Game" is saddled with a cornball hook of a non-metaphor that can't fully commit to Auto-Tune. And while the relationship songs of Uncontrolled Substance offered an occasional glimpse behind Deck's otherwise stoic veneer, "Luv Letter" comes awfully close to Murs at his most needy.

But worse than the blind fumbling for hits is hearing what sounds like an average MC doing an uncanny Inspectah Deck impersonation. It's disorienting to hear him put such conviction behind subpar get-that-paper rhymes. And while Raekwon, Billy Danze, and Kurupt hold serve, "Brothaz Respect" houses quite possibly the most embarrassingly off-beat Cappadonna guest spot to date (and I've heard The Yin and the Yang), and too much of Manifesto is turned over to aggressively average foot soldiers like Fes Taylor and the indefensibly-named Carlton Fisk.

Look, it's no fun to criticize Deck for reaching for that brass ring. You can't help but think he realizes this disconnect during "This Is It", where he counters those who think he's slipped by boasting of "A million kids thinkin' he rich/ A million bitches think he the shit." Sadly, it shows how the dynamic's been reversed for Inspectah Deck since Enter the Wu-Tang (36 Chambers)-- you sit there and watch him play himself, knowing he's lying.

They gave it a 5.2, which I think might even be too much. I've gone from thinking it was okay to not even listening to it after the first time. There's just too much music out there that's much better. Deck can still rap but he's really just rapping about the same shit for the 4th solo in a row. And it doesn't sound like a Wu-Tang album. That normally wouldn't bother me (Ghostface hasn't made a Wu-Tang sounding album since before Pretty Toney) but this sounds like a budget G-Unit album and G-Unit's group albums sound like really budget 50 Cent albums.

And is it really that hard to put a bit of effort into the music? Cormega made a fantastic NY sounding album last year. Consequence just put out a mixtape for free that sounds better than anything Deck has done in the past 10 years (Resident Patient was good but not that good). I'm sure someone's gonna mention some bullshit about how I'm only intrigued by the drum or some other quoted-out-of-context garbage but the fact is that if Deck bothered to trade on the respect he has in Hip-Hop he'd have gotten some great beats. And if he wants to self produce next time he'd better make damn sure he's willing to fork out a bit of cash for some obscure samples because his my-first-keyboard beats are atrocious.

And this isn't really a part of my thoughts on the album itself, but Deck broke a really good run of Wu-Tang albums. Blackout! 2, Chamber Music, Dopium, OB4CL2 & Wizard of Poetry were all really good albums that reminded me why I loved Wu-Tang so much when I was younger. Manifesto sounds like it belongs in 2003.

ShortyCoffeeStain
03-25-2010, 03:33 AM
2.5/5

Deck still has a great flow...and uses it to make generic gangsta rap that could have come from any NYC rapper over the past 20 years.

An average album - not bad, average - from a guy capable of more.

duotone
03-25-2010, 04:31 AM
i get my copy tomorrow... didnt listn to it yet... hope for the best!

DRUNKENARTS
03-26-2010, 05:50 AM
was just away to pre order my copy of this (not out till the 5th over here) and i noticed how different the track list is......
1. True
2. Ghetto Luv
3. No Hook - Inspectah Deck & Raekwon
4. Get Body
5. Eyes On Me
6. Tombstone
7. Five Star Gee
8. Brothaz Respect
9. Do Whatcha Gotta
10. Really Real
11. Love Letter
12. PSA
13. Born Survivor - Inspectah Deck & Cormega
14. Masters Of Ceremony - Inspectah Deck & Planet Asia/Termanology
15. Pop Dem Thangz - Inspectah Deck & Kurupt/Billy Danze
16. This Is It
17. Greatest Story Never Told, The

not happy that theres a big difference,i guess ill have to buy this and then download the us version

Jin10304
03-26-2010, 03:04 PM
Theres no difference, they just have an outdated tracklisting, its the same universally....Your still going to get this album..

1 "Tombstone Intro" J.Glaze
2 "The Champion" The Alchemist
3 "Born Survivor" (feat. Cormega) MoSS
4 "This Is It" Dtox
5 "Luv Letter" (feat. Fes Taylor & Ms. Whitney) Inspectah Deck
6 "P.S.A." Lee Bannon
7 "T.R.U.E." (feat. Meshel) Inspectah Deck
8 "We Get Down" Inspectah Deck
9 "The Big Game"(feat. Raekwon & AC) Mental Instruments
10 "Tombstone Interlude" J.Glaze
11 "9th Chamber Part II" Inspectah Deck & Khino
12 "Really Real" (feat. Carlton Fisk & Fes Taylor) Inspectah Deck
13 "Serious Rappin'" (feat. Termanology & Planet Asia) Mike Cash
14 "Do What U Gotta" Flip
15 "Crazy" J.Glaze
16 "Gotta Bang" (feat. Kurupt & Billy Danze) Shorty 140
17 "The Bad Apple" K.Slack
18 "Brothaz Respect" (feat. Cappadonna & Fes Taylor) Cee The Architect
19 "5 Star G" MoSS
20 "The Neverending Story" (feat. Pleasant)

pmack215
03-26-2010, 08:38 PM
It's so frustrating listening to half the beats on here knowing that 'Ringz or a shit load of other better producers would have been more than happy to lace the beats.

Deck goes hard.

after 1 full, straight thru listen w/ headphones, i'll say there's 10 songs i LIKE & will listen to regularly. of those 10, there's 5 or 6 that i was really impressed with. 10 songs from an album (even from WU today) is pretty satisfying.
however, just like Sen. Pal. said, its very hard to get over the fact that u know ringz, rza, or true master couldve laced INS w/ ALL disgusting bangers. he is not good at all w/ selecting beats for his own albums. soooooooo frustrating!!!
another thing - i can barely believe how TERRIBLE deck is w/ hooks/choruses on his solos.
also, deck talking about/to bitches is maybe my least fave theme in hiphop (except for "lovin you" from 'unc. subst.'...that beat kills!).

lastly, INS was quite sharp here lyrically. i really hate that this couldve been very close to a classic if it had WU-elements production instead. still, this is a step up for deck.

**message to INS - deck PLEASE heed this advice & stick w/ rza & true master for "the rebellion". it could cement your hall of fame legacy.

*(INS is 1 of my all-time fave MCs!)

mcfearson
03-26-2010, 09:49 PM
Deck has been doing it his way for a long time. You should of had a feeling about what you were going to get when you bought the album. Keep giving us that hot shit.

BISHOP BLOODSHOT
03-27-2010, 12:48 PM
Deck's best work since Uncontrolled Substance. All his albums are bangers in my opinion, but in this album specifically Deck sounds more hard, confident and don'd the fuck out! His production skills are excellent. Ain't nothing weak on this album. 20 songs of classic/banging joints. great work Deck!

T4R1K
03-27-2010, 06:43 PM
is there any europe tour?

duotone
03-27-2010, 06:55 PM
he is in cologne / germany "essigfabrik" next month... and he hits another sport here...
dont know if there are any other shows in europe

11th Chamber
03-28-2010, 04:45 PM
This shits definitely not in any stores in my area

Rollo
03-28-2010, 04:51 PM
Odd with the distro.
I found it at best buy and I saw it at target :(

mcfearson
03-30-2010, 05:00 PM
The days of a Wu solo album with over 50% production from RZA are over. Except for a RZA solo. That ended in 1997. I think if someone did do more than 50% we would be getting the same shit as we did back in the day. That is not something I want because we have already been given it.

DThayer36
03-31-2010, 11:56 AM
this album is real dope i dont get these people saying its shit. there is only a few tracks that i wasnt feeling but for the most part its an album you can throw in and let play through.

i thought US went gold?....i heard deck say it in an interview somewhere

LORD ZERO
04-02-2010, 05:10 PM
its an alright album but US blows this outta the water

RynMur
04-02-2010, 08:33 PM
This album has grown on me. Deck is always nice with his lyrics, but his flow is not the same as it was back in the day. Some of the beats and chorus’ make me scratch my head.

Top 5: True Champion (fav), Born Survivor, 9th Chamber, Serious Rappin’, Crazy
Grade: (3/5) B- (still a bit of a dissapointment knowing his potential)

MaskedAvenger
04-16-2010, 10:18 PM
I've been listening to this album over and over for like the last 3 days and I must say this album is pretty good, I don't see why all the hate.

Dr. Simon Hurt
04-21-2010, 10:34 PM
^^because the beats and hooks are shit, they sound cheap and dated...some people can overlook this and may even like 10 year old sounding production, some don't like it.

it's a shame because he is spitting, and he has alot of flows and lyrics here, but the production really detracts from it...i don't necessarily need wu-beats, but he could've done better with the beat selection. for example, you've got a song like 'crazy' where his verses are great but that beat just sounds generic and awful IMO.

in terms of lyrics and flows it's probably the best wu album in the last 2 years, but the production sucks hard with the exception of maybe 5 songs. what made it really disappointing for me is that the first 3 tracks are pretty dope.

again this is all my opinion. I'm sure based on averages and statistics it's probably a 4 star album lmfao

Crackhead Bob
04-22-2010, 02:33 AM
http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_MCuLPwuUiV4/SVTqeNmD2WI/AAAAAAAAABM/HiT4A3MyMcQ/s400/PeterGriffinCrotchShotParisHiltonhavingsex.jpg

Gitche Manito
04-22-2010, 06:56 AM
Finally found it in one of my local stores. Bought it out of charity.

Couldn't even go through the whole album.

bluemutedwisdom
04-26-2010, 12:55 PM
Great album, his best solo joint 4 sure ...

duotone
04-26-2010, 01:21 PM
Great album, his best solo joint 4 sure ...
ya all didnt list to uncontrolled substance or what?!
i dont get it...

unso is way better

but manifesto is straight a banger...
serious album... gets better with every rotation...

bluemutedwisdom
04-26-2010, 05:08 PM
Uncontrolled Substance is a close second imho ...

Crackhead Bob
04-26-2010, 05:11 PM
I think so too.

Dr. Simon Hurt
04-26-2010, 06:36 PM
so you guys think this is better than uncontrolled substance?

Crackhead Bob
04-26-2010, 09:50 PM
I think it's really close, about 7 classics each, but Manifesto has more songs.

11th Chamber
05-01-2010, 01:10 PM
I seriously just bought this album....

I was so shocked to see it at the store, that I had to buy it.

Its still not that good, but I gotta support Deck, he's trying atleast

Inspectah Deck
05-02-2010, 02:19 PM
It's too close to Uncontrolled substance but not better.
For me U.S is still the best album of Deck.

claaa7
05-19-2010, 02:24 AM
most of the beats on here sounds painfully amateurish which is really a shame cuz Deck brings his A-game on the whole record. there are about 5-6 really good songs on here tho but not enough to save a 20-track album.

2.5/5

Hollow Dartz
07-17-2010, 04:36 PM
I just copped this album yesterday. Niggaz really think this is better than U.S.? WOW.
My favorite track right now is Really Real...Deck is spitting on the mic but the beats let this one down, I've only heard this in my car stereo i'll give a rating in 2-3 weeks.

gamefacekillah
07-19-2010, 07:02 PM
fucking album sucks you guys are just being nice because he is wu...deck get the rza and true master and them and stop bullshittin us

Sense-A
07-25-2010, 12:55 PM
i checked out deck's myspace and heard most of the tracks there. Not very impressed so far. Some of the hooks and beats have bad components to them. Some of the better tracks are just too short. There isn't one particular track on here that i like a whole lot, which is odd because on every deck album to date there is one track that i deem a classic.

On Uncontrolled Substance, there are timeless classics such as Longevity, Elevation, REC Room, Friction, etc. Not to mention that U.S. just sounded like a complete package and more uniform. All the production sounded like it was done by one executive producer. Not something just pieced together.

The Movement had one of my favorite deck songs ever called City High. I absolutely love that song! And I actually liked songs like Its Like That and Vendetta and Cradle to the Grave. But this album had some unforgivable bad songs too.

The Resident Patient had Sound of the Slums which was a fucking hot intro. Some certified songs like What They Want. Then i loved Handle That (This song goes HARD with U-God spitting some fire!), and My Style which is one of my favorite Deck solo songs ever! "My style sick as the plague, hold your head like i'm trimming your fade, face off like nicholas cage...analyze this like dinero!" damn the hook and flow on this is flawless. And probably my favorite Deck solo ever is All I Want Is Mine. Resident Patient is probably my favorite deck album with Uncontrolled Substance a close second.

Now this album:

Why did they break up Tombstone? The intro is too short. They should have made the intro and the interlude one song.

The sample in The Champion gets annoying after a couple listens. Sure the track is fire but I wonder how fast I'll get tired of hearing it.

Born Survivor is dope. Cormega has been money everytime he collabs with Wu. Deck could have come harder. Little bit too much obama samples on this one. What the hell am i complaining about this track is fire!

This is It - average track. What's with the beat just riding by itself and the song still only being 3:11 long? Not as much multi-syllable rhyming from Deck as I usually like. Song abruptly ends

Luv Letter - sample just bores me. After hearing it on Yolanda's House I just wasn't eager to hear it again, even if this is arguably better than Yolanda's House.

PSA - sounds like a cheap sounding snare. the beat is alright though. Song is so fucking short. Am i just listening to a snippet of the real song?

TRUE - this is a recycled sample. Spice one used this sample almost 20 years ago and used it so much better. So i am already disappointed. Deck rides the beat well but still i'd rather break out the spice 1 187 he wrote album to hear this sample. I'm actually a bit pissed off at whoever produced this and pretty much sampled it the same way. Fucking biters. Its too close to just be an accident.

We Get Down - I agree with B-Rock on this one. One of the worse songs on the album. Not necessarily bad. But the hook just sounds so cliche. A wu guest spot/verse could have saved this song. Instead it awkwardly ends before even being 3 minutes long.

The Big Game - this is a good song. Like the production. But it just doesn't sound like it fits. Deck sounds better on these higher tempo songs. Don't like the autotune on the hook. Can't they sing the hook without so many vocal effects? Even i sound good on a hook with that many effects! Raekwon comes hard on the next verse.

9th Chamber 2 - Not as good as some here make it out to be. Sounds like Deck adlibing over his own verse. Beat sounds grimey and hard but a bit too "mastered" or over-produced. Sounds like the drums were done on a new sampler and the samples were done with an old sampler which gives is an in-authentic sound.

Really Real - one of my favorite tracks on this album.

Serious Rappin - good beat. But again, the drums on this song as well as others just sound cheap. You going with your downloaded drum kits and getting too lazy to sample your own drums? the first verse didn't exactly get me fired up. good verses, good scratches, good samples, but a drum track that just lacks soul and vibe.

Do What you Gotta - just average. I like the idea of the song though. Do what you gotta do. Again, I think a wu guest spot could have saved this song. And Deck's hook was alright but could have been put down a little bit better.

Crazy - I like the beat but the drums just sound cheap again. There's that cheap sounding snare again. But overall i really like this song. One of my favorite on this album. The beat could have been flipped a little bit better if they made the loop longer and less repetitive.

Gotta Bang - ironic that the beat doesn't bang. hook is disappointing. Kurupt usually comes harder. song doesn't sound cohesive. Reused sample at the end.

The Bad Apple - This doesn't even sound like Deck.

Brothaz Respect - recycled sample with a crappy sounding snare again and a Cappadonna verse that some have commented sounds off beat. Yeah this is disappointing.

5 Star G - sounds like a filler track. sounds like another short loop that they let run for less than 3 minutes before Deck got bored with it his damned self.

The Neverending Story - i like the strings and the samples on this. Drums sound unmotivated like practically every other song on this album. Hook sounds like they tried too damn hard hhaha. Damn it makes me really miss blue raspberry and Tekitha and the old people who used to sing hooks like this on wu albums. Deck comes through though.

So overall those are my first impressions. This album is forgettable. I probably won't be buying this album (sorry deck). Overall I give it about a 3/5. I think that the executive producer needs to be criticized for bad hooks and bad drum sounds and drum tracks on a lot of these songs. Also some of the songs just sounded incomplete. They either abruptly ended short of 3 minutes or just lacked a cohesiveness that an executive producer is supposed to be able to apply to every song. Not to mention some of the recycled samples. And then songs like The Big Game which is probably one of the better songs on this album seems like it doesn't fit and the hook brings it down a notch. Overall disappointing. Album sounds either rushed or uninspired.

Hollow Dartz
10-02-2010, 11:32 AM
1. Tombstone Intro (Prod. by J.Glaze)
The intro to this weird album, Deck shows his versitility on this one though, switching up his flow all over the track, spitting his pain on this, Beat is simple, After you hear this you're ready to hear the real album. 3.5/5

2. The Champion (Prod. by Alchemist)
This is definitely top 3 on the album, Alchemist laced the beat up nice, Deck's style on this track is remarkable, This is the Inspectah Deck I wanna hear, Of course it's not "Wu-Tang Forever" Deck but it's pretty close to "The Movement" Deck which is good enough for me. He goes in raw on both verses, one of the best Wu-joints to drop in awhile. 4.5/5

3. Born Survivor ft Cormega (Prod. by Moss)
Man......Cormega blacked out on this shit, his verse is a quotable, every bar is fire on here, I just wish the beat on this song was better, this could've easily been a 4.5/5 or higher, Deck comes through and shines aswell, but Mega is definitely the standout here. This was a dream collaboration in my eyes, it finally came true, they just needed a better beat. 4/5

4. This Is It (Prod. by Dtox)
This tracks lacks because of the beat, and Deck is spitting the same shit we've heard since resident patient album, this one is very skippable. 3/5

5. Luv Letter ft Ms. Whitney (Prod. by INS)
A little females joint right here, nothing wrong with this, Deck pours his feelings all over this beat for his woman, over a nice chill beat, Fes Taylor comes in and add his flavor to the track as well making this one a good effort. 3.5/5

6. P.S.A (Prod. by Lee Bannon)
I can't make a decision about this track, one day I think it's wack, then another day I'm feeling it, Deck himself is spitting hard on this one without a question, just going straight in on here. Getting straight to the point. 3.5/5

7. T.R.U.E ft. MeShel (Prod. by INS)
This is one of my favorites on this album, the realness on this track is undeniable, Deck is just doing his thing on here, I like everything about this track, from beginning to end. Hook is perfect for this song too, Deck let's his listeners know what time is on this one. 4/5

8. We Get Down (Prod. by INS)
This is my shit right here, a lil uptempo track to change up the pace on the album, Deck goes in on here too, sounds a lil like a club track but it's all good, i'm feeling this shit, it took time to grow on me but it did. This is definitely one of the best tracks on this album. 4/5

9. The Big Game ft Raekwon & AC (Prod. by Mental Instruments)
The Beat on here is weak, I was very disappointed by this one, this should've been the best track on the album, 3 verses wasted over a wack beat. But that's the problem with most of this album. 3.5/5

10. Tombstone Interlude (Prod. by J.Glaze)
Nothing special after we've heard the intro, I think this was unnecessary but it gets you ready for the second half of the album. 3/5

11. 9th Chamber (Prod. by INS and Khino)
This is straight wack, disrespectful to the original version by far. Beat is wack in every way and Deck sounds wack as hell on it, was not feeling this at all. Bad move disrespecting the original. 2/5

12. Really Real ft. Carlton Fisk & Fes Taylor (Prod. by INS)
This is the best track on the album, from the beat which is hard but smooth if you know what I mean, the hook is smooth as shit, but its street at the same time, Carlton Fisk opens this shit up hardbody "Scarface, Angel, blood, & a chainsaw" this man has never spit a wack verse from what I've heard from him, and it gets better from there, Fes Taylor comes through and smashes his verse, flowing very well with the beat, and Deck just hits the home run on this one, this track is the streets. 5/5

13. Serious Rappin ft Termanology & Planet Asia (Prod. by Mike Cash)
The beat on here is weak, Planet Asia sound sthe same on everything I've heard from him, Deck delivers, Termanology delivers but the beat turns you off. 3/5

14. Do What U Gotta (Prod. by Flip)
This is actually an ok, track right here that "Kobe at the buzz of a 3" line almost made me turn this shit off but, Deck goes in on here, the hook could've been way better though, besides that this is pretty nice. 3.5/5

15. Crazy (Prod. by J.Glaze)
This is pretty nice as well, Deck is flowing on here riding the beat nice. Beat isn't all that great this is where Deck does his job to keep the listener in tune and he does it.
4/5

16. Gotta Bang ft Kurupt and Billy Danze (Prod. by Shorty 140)
Disappointed. Kurupt is spitting idk what, Hook is weak, Billy Danze couldn't save it, Deck verse was aight, beat is wack. 3/5

17. The Bad Apple (Prod. by K.Slack)
This is another iffy track one minute i like it, next day i'm skipping it, Deck defintiely does flow on this shit though, some of his best bars on this album, his first verse is just nasty, this is that "Movement" deck right here, this track is definitely hardbody. 3.5/5

18. Brothaz Respect ft Cappadonna and Fes Taylor (Prod. by Cee the Architech)
This track lost all potential with Cappadonna's opening bars, Deck definitely does shine on here, Fes Taylor drops a good verse too, beat is aight nothing special. 3.5/5

19. 5 Star G (Prod. by Moss)
Wack. 2/5

20. The Neverending Story ft Pleasant (Prod. by Agallah)
A great way to end the album, deck goes in on this shit, this beat is fucking smooth for Deck's spitting on here, Pouring his pain on this track, he definitely needed more shit like this on the album, hook is nice as shit too, Definitely Top 5 on this album. 4.5/5

Beats - 2.5/5
Lyrics - 4/5
Overall - 3/5

CharlesJones
06-11-2011, 09:42 AM
Another wack album from Inspectah Deck LOL. I don't like his solo albums.

hotnikks
06-13-2011, 06:02 PM
I didnt like the production on this album at all.

Socrates92
06-14-2011, 05:08 PM
The Champion is my fav Deck solo track, real dope. A whole album of tracks like this would have made this a classic.

i quite like We Get Down and the Big Game, nothing else stands out to me.

hotnikks
06-24-2011, 09:34 AM
I dont think INS will ever make an album better than Uncontrolled Substance. That album is a fucking banga.

UNCLE RUCKUS
01-30-2012, 08:25 PM
yeah thats the only one i think is solid start to finish He needs better beats

Holocaust
02-05-2012, 11:05 PM
i can respect that review

Big Baby Jesus 666
02-06-2012, 03:59 AM
Yeeeah nigga

"Events over the last several days reveal that the United States and Israel plan to conduct a false flag terror event to be blamed on Iran. The event will likely occur within the next six months and will result in an attack on Iran prior to the November election."

UNCLE RUCKUS
02-06-2012, 10:56 AM
Yeeeah nigga

"Events over the last several days reveal that the United States and Israel plan to conduct a false flag terror event to be blamed on Iran. The event will likely occur within the next six months and will result in an attack on Iran prior to the November election."

wtf?

sofistikit
02-07-2012, 05:02 PM
this is pretty dope http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Um7NrsffQDk

Big Baby Jesus 666
02-12-2012, 06:26 PM
i liked this album but it wasn't enough!!!

im currently waiting for ahmed to arrive home from his job. he owns his dads pizza/kebab business but he wouldnt come over tonight... LOL

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dw17-BEFb3Y

before i left and met Iaian who helped me realise my qualifications in computing (HND Higher National Diploma in Computing) are enough i didnt realise ahme dwouldnt come thru!!!! what i meant is that my Kettle didnt work so i cant make a cup of tea LOL!!! LMAO!!!

JASPER BEARDLY
03-06-2012, 08:47 PM
cant believe ppl like this shit more than uncontrollable substance

that shit is a wu classic

this has a lot of filler

i wanna make a wu "album" of all the dope ass cuts by wu artists in the past few years, like 5-7 joints off here, a few off dopium, etc etc. these albums have had some great joints but overall the quality has lacked.

deck needs to work on picking beats. hopefully graveyard is right about his next album bein dope as hell

jsofunky
05-03-2012, 10:37 AM
borin'