PDA

View Full Version : Whats the point of light skin?

Hénri
02-26-2010, 08:16 PM
I mean from an evolutionary genetic viewpoint, what is the point of light skin in northern lattitudes? I can understand how natural selection would favour darker skin nearer the equator because light skin is useless against harsh UV rays etc. But why would natural selection favour lighter skin in the more northern lattitudes, its not like it protects your from the cold or anything. And also for humans it wouldn't serve as camoflauge because we don't flaunt around nekkid. Why did nature favour that baleful mutation that turned skin albino pasty white and useless against direct sunlight?

Build.

TheBoarzHeadBoy
02-26-2010, 08:42 PM
I don't know, it doesn't look as healthy. I'm in pretty good shape but i'm a naturally snowy white Caucasian so it goes to waste. Mediterranean skinned people have a better color. It looks healthier. I'm stuck with Irish skin, so i hardly can even tan if i'm out all summer. But I don't burn, so I'm better off then most of my whitey kindreds.

Mumm Ra
02-26-2010, 08:51 PM
I mean from an evolutionary genetic viewpoint, what is the point of light skin in northern lattitudes?
there really isnt any as far as i can come up with
even arctic animals have dark skin so they can absorb what little sunlight they get for maximum energy efficiency

Ghost In The 'Lac
02-26-2010, 08:52 PM
I mean from an evolutionary genetic viewpoint, what is the point of light skin in northern lattitudes? I can understand how natural selection would favour darker skin nearer the equator because light skin is useless against harsh UV rays etc. But why would natural selection favour lighter skin in the more northern lattitudes, its not like it protects your from the cold or anything. And also for humans it wouldn't serve as camoflauge because we don't flaunt around nekkid. Why did nature favour that baleful mutation that turned skin albino pasty white and useless against direct sunlight?

Build.

I hope this isnt serious but anyway what the hell..

The idea of melanin is to protect your skin from dangerous high UV rays near the equator, it blocks UV rays from causing damage.

If you have dark skin in low light/UV areas, like in northern Europe, where some places have very little sunlight, you NEED your skin to absorb as much UV rays as possible, otherwise you will be Vitamin D deficient, which causes all sorts of health problems. So having high amounts of melanin (pigmentation) is not needed, or valuable.

Ghost In The 'Lac
02-26-2010, 08:53 PM
there really isnt any as far as i can come up with
even arctic animals have dark skin so they can absorb what little sunlight they get for maximum energy efficiency

omg.

you fucking moron.

Teh KillaBee
02-26-2010, 08:57 PM

Build.

impale yourself on a horsecawk faggot

Hénri
02-26-2010, 09:02 PM
I hope this isnt serious but anyway what the hell..

The idea of melanin is to protect your skin from dangerous high UV rays near the equator, it blocks UV rays from causing damage.

If you have dark skin in low light/UV areas, like in northern Europe, where some places have very little sunlight, you NEED your skin to absorb as much UV rays as possible, otherwise you will be Vitamin D deficient, which causes all sorts of health problems. So having high amounts of melanin (pigmentation) is not needed, or valuable.

Humans must have needed a whole LOT of vitamin D for nature to allow only albinos to survive.

Ghost In The 'Lac
02-26-2010, 09:09 PM
Ok.

I think we're done here.

Hénri
02-26-2010, 09:13 PM
No we're not. If it weren't for white devils possessing superior technology they would've died off because its obvious they aren't fit for nature.

Plus they're not as genetically different because of the bottleneck effect.

BTTR KNG KOOL
02-26-2010, 09:14 PM
roof and clothes = superior technology

Ghost In The 'Lac
02-26-2010, 09:24 PM
No we're not. If it weren't for white devils possessing superior technology they would've died off because its obvious they aren't fit for nature.

Did I not just explain to you how having white skin is alot more "fitted to nature" when living in low sunlight conditions? Do you not understand it was Nature itself that controls everything in an organism?

Nature allowed Humans out of Africa to live in lower strength sunlight area by decreasing the amount of Melanin in their skin, therefore allowed vitamins produced in the body from sunlight to be produced that without, would otherwise cause defects (especially bone defects) that would seriously hinder survival.

Am I not being clear enough, or are you just the worst secondary yet and why hasnt Pro banned you?

Uncle Steezo
02-26-2010, 09:31 PM
henri, don't pay him any attention. he was so ashamed of his pasty burning flesh that he told everyone here he was darker than wesley snipes.

yeah cause obviously people who don't live near the equator and hot weather become albino.

http://topos.blog.excite.it/img/inuit.jpg

what a dumb ass.

Ghost In The 'Lac
02-26-2010, 09:35 PM
They live in high UV conditions, and in snow, which reflects sunlight.

Snow reflects UV rays, causing you to burn very very fast (anyone whos been skiiing knows this). So more melanin would be beneficial.

Try again faggot.

narc
02-26-2010, 09:47 PM
Henri you better be trollin nigga

Uncle Steezo
02-26-2010, 09:48 PM
right cause there is no snow and no sun in sweden switzerland norway holland and belgum.

and then you know, south africans and southern argetinians are white as ghosts.

not to mention the chinese that are on the same latitude and in the same geographic conditions as euros. they are milky.

you hate yourself. shut up.
its bad when your skin is whiter than your teef.
and you said you were black.

Hénri
02-26-2010, 09:52 PM
They live in high UV conditions, and in snow, which reflects sunlight.

Ok makes sense

Snow reflects UV rays, causing you to burn very very fast (anyone whos been skiiing knows this).

No I don't know.

So more melanin would be beneficial.

If you use that logic then wouldn't that mean that more melanin would be beneficial for northern europeans as well? I don't think there is a lot of difference in UV intensity maybe even more in europe. And even in your own element, don't you STILL get sunburns on the reg'lar during the summer?

Try again faggot.

narc
02-26-2010, 09:58 PM
ITT: people disregard logic to stroke black dick

Ghost In The 'Lac
02-26-2010, 10:15 PM
right cause there is no snow and no sun in sweden switzerland norway holland and belgum.

No actually there isnt as much, no. The fact you just compared Belgium, Holland, Switzerland (countries who for most of the year have no snow whatsoever) etc with Arctic conditions eskimo's face with year round means I should really end the debate right here LOL.

These people migrated to these countries only in the last few hundred years you fucking moron. We're talking 100,000's of years for skin pigment changes.

not to mention the chinese that are on the same latitude and in the same geographic conditions as euros. they are milky.

Your general lack of human evolutionary history and origins is quite sad for someone who is so vitriolic in his beliefs. You arguments are all redundent and pretty sad dude.

you hate yourself. shut up.
its bad when your skin is whiter than your teef.
and you said you were black. Er, not quite. I see recently youve taken to lying alot, in a desperate last grasp of keeping hold of sanity in the face of another breakdown. I do however have a mixed family, if it puts your mind to rest.

^Believes in Yacub

SKAMPOE
02-26-2010, 10:16 PM
http://i109.photobucket.com/albums/n76/ksherlock1981/flip.gif

Ghost In The 'Lac
02-26-2010, 10:22 PM
.If you use that logic then wouldn't that mean that more melanin would be beneficial for northern europeans as well? I don't think there is a lot of difference in UV intensity maybe even more in europe. And even in your own element, don't you STILL get sunburns on the reg'lar during the summer?

OK i'll give a better explanation for Inuit. My last one wasnt quite right. first of all Eskimos are descendents of meso-american peoples who migrated up the americas, this is where there skin tone comes from originally.

As I mentioned before, UV rays provide the body with much needed Vitamin D, though the skin. However, the Inuit, who also dont have much exposure to sunlight, are not as dependant on UV rays to provide them with Vitamin D, as their diet is very high in fish, which is a Vitamin D rich food, which kept them from developing less melanin.

more here.
http://www.scienceline.org/2007/06/18/ask-dricoll-inuiteskimos/

Hénri
02-26-2010, 10:28 PM
OK i'll give a better explanation for Inuit. My last one wasnt quite right. first of all Eskimos are descendents of meso-american peoples who migrated up the americas, this is where there skin tone comes from originally.

As I mentioned before, UV rays provide the body with much needed Vitamin D, though the skin. However, the Inuit, who also dont have much exposure to sunlight, are not as dependant on UV rays to provide them with Vitamin D, as their diet is very high in fish, which is a Vitamin D rich food, which kept them from developing less melanin.

more here.
http://www.scienceline.org/2007/06/18/ask-dricoll-inuiteskimos/

This actually makes a lot of sense.

Hénri
02-26-2010, 10:31 PM
http://i109.photobucket.com/albums/n76/ksherlock1981/flip.gif

If these are your regular posts then I guess the universe can explain how on earth a human being can have 30,000 posts approx. within 3 years.

EDIT: Your not funny

TheBoarzHeadBoy
02-26-2010, 10:44 PM
So lets clarify this:

Blacks are the original man and have dark skin like their ape cousins :) they keep the skin designed for their climate. Ie. Chimps are actually black skinned not pussy human black skin.

We then moved out of Africa through the Saudi peninsula into Europe and Asia. We then developed somewhat lighter bronze and brown Mediterranean and Semitic skin tones. These need some more vitamins because theres less light in that region. As we headed north the light lessened more so and we got Caucasian skin tones.

Asians are in the same boat. Northern asians are much paler then equatorial asians and pacific islanders. Look at the difference between Japanese people who are lighter skinned and Indonesians. They're all asian but their skin varies. Same shit with native americans and that's everybody. That's why Australians are black even though they aren't African.

Next question: I know that Africans have broader features because its useful in a hot wet environment and that Narrower noses are better in dryer climates or something, but why do asians have their features. Why aren't Asians white looking?

Ghost In The 'Lac
02-26-2010, 10:58 PM
Next question: I know that Africans have broader features because its useful in a hot wet environment and that Narrower noses are better in dryer climates or something, but why do asians have their features. Why aren't Asians white looking?

The Asian evolutionary line is still a very hot topic of debate and has multiple lines of theories. But Asia has the one of the wettest and humid climates on Earth, I'm not saying that means anything, but as you said narrow noses are better for dryer condtitions etc..

Also, Japanese are actually pretty pale on average, especially compared to Han chinese. And you cant really just take things on face value, say in a place like China, because there couldve been a rapid expansion of a certain "race" for other reasons other than evolutionary, like wars and culture. But the studies says it takes minimum of 500 years of ancestry for noticeable changes in melanin.

But as somone whos travelled Asia and experianced the climate, the skin tones are what I would actually expect for each region, almost perfectly. The hotter the place, the darker the people are. Not rocket science.

Hénri
02-26-2010, 11:01 PM
Are you out of your fucking mind. All the great apes have lighter skin because their entire bodies are covered up by fur.

Good question. I'll ponder over this throughout the next few hours.

THANKS EVERYBODY! GOOD BUILD! SEE YOU NEXT FRIDAY!!!!

TheBoarzHeadBoy
02-26-2010, 11:43 PM
I know the Japanese are paler then the Han, that's because their ancestors came from what's Russia I'm pretty sure, may be wrong. But why the "chinky" characteristics?

What do the squinty baggy eyes do for them?

Ghost In The 'Lac
02-27-2010, 12:12 AM
What do the squinty eyes do for them?

[insert joke here]

But seriously, read here > http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Epicanthal_fold

They have the same eyes, they just have a different eyelid fold, which give that appearence. That page explains why a human might evolve that type of eye in the part of the world.

Longbongcilvaringz
02-27-2010, 12:53 AM
Jesus Gavin, you're trying that shit out again?

Remember all those times in KTL where i set you straight?

Obviously your pineal gland has started to override the rest of your brain once again.

Thankfully Lacey is doing enough to explain away your questions, so i don't have to.

But really, you and those like you always try that Inuit + Polar Bear shit.

It's pathetic and so easily explained, and i've done it many times before.

My question is, why do you submit yourself to such easy ether?

Longbongcilvaringz
02-27-2010, 12:57 AM

hahaha

You fucking idiot.

Why didn't you say "and then, ya know, the Australian's are as white as ghosts!!!! But like, the Aboriginal people aren't!!!". "White american's are white as ghosts!!! Why aren't native american's!!!!!!??????"

I think all that time you're spending rubbing up against skampoe is having a seriously detrimental effect on your brain.

You were stupid before, really stupid.

But i can't remember it being this bad.

BTTR KNG KOOL
02-27-2010, 01:22 AM
As long as you can see something with either your eye or with some an instrument - It means Its "whiter" than black.

Be careful out there

if ya see it,

hide.

EAGLE EYE
02-27-2010, 01:29 AM
Good build.

The Germans are taking full advantage of their light skin so they can reclaim dancing from the originoo man

b49ovGNpHOg

diggy
02-27-2010, 04:06 AM
http://gaijinnosekai.files.wordpress.com/2008/06/hard-gay-motivational.jpg

zooruka
02-27-2010, 05:18 AM
I heard that the reason black people have dark skin in hot enviroments is because like stated previously it protects against uv rays and also black skin, does not retain heat but gets rid of it quickly...and the reason white people have pale skin in cold enviroments is because there is less uv exposure and also because white skin retains heat which would be more practical in cold waether.

Which leads me to a question that I have been pondering...if blacks need dark skin to protect from hot climate will the blacks in say america or the u.k who have moved and live in a colder climate, will they eventually over time slowly lose there dark skin as the generations pass and eventually become white because there will be no need anymore for them to have really black skin because the climate is not really hot like africa.

always wondered this ?????

peace be with you !

DJMethods
02-27-2010, 05:52 AM
Having light skin has all kinds of advantages: the ability to hold a job, be a responsible parent, attract fit healthy wimmen, the list goes on.

PuNcH_iN_PuNcH_OuT
02-27-2010, 06:21 AM
this "french" dood is definitely a secondary

race wars within 88 posts?? plssssss