PDA

View Full Version : Weird Pannings

Mai Wang Tu Phat
03-05-2010, 10:17 AM
How do you take a sample that has weird panning all over the place and have it even, having the same thing on both sides, but have it still be stereo and not mono? I use FL Studio.

INF
03-05-2010, 11:41 AM
u need somebody in your area to walk you through some shit , not us cats on the net.

anyway , if you have a track playing thru a channel in your mixer in fl and you feel like its bouncing around like you say and you just want it in one spot then pan it all the way to the left or right and then open up a stereo enhancer in that channel and get to work with your ear.

idk?

Boss_Digger
03-07-2010, 05:44 AM
convert the sample into mono format, place it in fl or any other DAW/sampler for that matter and pan it to the right or left about half way, then copy the layer you just created and add a delay to it, set the delay to around 24ms and add 100% wetness to it, pan it half way in the opposit direction of the original layer (maybe add a touch of reverb at this point) and fiddle with the stereo panning and volumes till it suits your ear. If you have done this prior to chopping the sample I would recomend resampling the end result and chopping it up once its done to save yourself a lot of work, although it may pay to do this on individual chops as it gives you more control and the settings then arnt set in stone if you wanna change them later

pro.Graveface
03-07-2010, 05:50 AM
exacto at 7th, make it mono

Mai Wang Tu Phat
03-11-2010, 08:00 AM
convert the sample into mono format, place it in fl or any other DAW/sampler for that matter and pan it to the right or left about half way, then copy the layer you just created and add a delay to it, set the delay to around 24ms and add 100% wetness to it, pan it half way in the opposit direction of the original layer (maybe add a touch of reverb at this point) and fiddle with the stereo panning and volumes till it suits your ear. If you have done this prior to chopping the sample I would recomend resampling the end result and chopping it up once its done to save yourself a lot of work, although it may pay to do this on individual chops as it gives you more control and the settings then arnt set in stone if you wanna change them later

Thanks fam, Imma try this, see if I can get it to work.