PDA

View Full Version : Tyler Perry's Why Did I Get Married 2

CharlesJones
03-05-2010, 01:15 PM
This is coming out in April i think. That's what my mom told me because she said she saw the previews. I haven't seen the previews yet but i do know it's coming out. I was surprised Tyler wanted to do a sequel to this. The first one is very good. The ghetto woman that's married to Michael Jai White in this was very funny in the first one.

theheavens
03-05-2010, 02:05 PM
that dude is retarding the minds of black folks and people in general

CharlesJones
03-05-2010, 02:11 PM
Whatever. He's not forcing blacks to see his movies. They're seeing his movies because they like them.

beautifulrock
03-05-2010, 02:18 PM
As if the first part wasn't enough.

IrOnMaN
03-05-2010, 04:19 PM
Personally, I think his films are good.

Hollow Dartz
03-05-2010, 04:29 PM
^^ Me 2. I don't see what's wrong with them. I look at them for the comedy.

INF
03-05-2010, 04:45 PM
I like that family reunion with that lil girl that got her ass wooped in the backseat of the car and then still had to get stole on with a bag a belts. not learning to not fuck with Madea ,lol. that shit was funny.

when He casted Rudy from Cosby that was a wrong move for both of them.

IrOnMaN
03-05-2010, 04:59 PM
Zd_HLBf6fQg

^^I liked the first one. I think part two is going to be even crazier.

check two
03-06-2010, 12:52 AM
Do any of his movies have a different theme?

CharlesJones
03-06-2010, 11:53 AM
Check Two, check out his films Daddy's Little Girls, The Family That Preys, I Can Do Bad All By Myself, Why Did I Get Married, Meet The Browns, Madea's Family Reunion, Madea Goes To Jail. I like all of his movies. He hasn't made a bad one yet in my opinion. Ironman, thanks for posting the trailer to Why Did I Get Married 2. Sharon Leal who was married to Tyler in the first one is hot. I see her sitting next to Janet Jackson in that trailer you posted Ironman. She got nice legs.

CharlesJones
03-06-2010, 11:57 AM
Infinity, what's wrong with Tyler putting Keisha Knight Pulliam in his movies and House Of Payne tv show? Keisha is hot. She has really grown up since she was Rudy.

IrOnMaN
04-04-2010, 01:45 PM
I saw this movie Friday night with my girlfriend. The theater was PACK with couples and married people ! I can honestly say that this is BETTER than the first one. I also think that this is Tyler Perry's best work to date.

It's worth the money. It's a very good movie with a lot of surprises and twists. You won't be disappointed at all.

DUMBO
04-04-2010, 02:10 PM
tyler perry is feeding bitches waaay too much information. he's probably the emperor of cock-blocking in america today.

check two
04-04-2010, 02:25 PM
Does Tyler still have that show on TBS with those fat ass people?

LORD ZERO
04-04-2010, 04:55 PM
that dude is retarding the minds of black folks and people in general

thank you!!!

LORD ZERO
04-04-2010, 04:56 PM
Does Tyler still have that show on TBS with those fat ass people?
unfortunately, yes

KaramelSundae
04-04-2010, 05:04 PM
i liked the first one but ill wait til it comes out on DVD

LoTec
04-09-2010, 01:12 AM
One thing amongst several that I like about Perry's movies is that he often casts actors in roles that they would never be cast for in mainstream hollywood. Case in point Idris Elba in daddys little girls, would never be cast as the loveing protagonist in any hollywood movies. He is always the thug bad guy or some shit.

IrOnMaN
04-09-2010, 10:07 AM
One thing amongst several that I like about Perry's movies is that he often casts actors in roles that they would never be cast for in mainstream hollywood. Case in point Idris Elba in daddys little girls, would never be cast as the loveing protagonist in any hollywood movies. He is always the thug bad guy or some shit.

That's just how it is with black actors. They always have to stereotype them just because of their race. A lot of people hate on Tyler Perry for the WRONG reasons. The man is smart and he makes good films, in my opinion.

Now, we all know if Tyler Perry was a white guy, Mexican, Asian, or Indian, I'd say most people wouldn't frown their faces when they hear his name.

It's a load of bullshit, if you ask me.

check two
04-09-2010, 11:40 AM
Some people are only good at playing certain parts.

CharlesJones
04-10-2010, 10:55 AM
I agree with Ironman. Fuck Hollywood. There's a lot of good black actors and it's a shame that only a few of them get casted in mainstream movies like Denzel, Morgan, Samuel, Larry Fishburne, Don Cheadle, Will Smith. Idris Elba got casted in a mainstream movie with Beyonce in Obsessed but most of the time he gets casted as a bad guy and a good guy in action movies like his upcoming movies The Losers and The Takers. LOL@Check Two dissing black fat couple on House Of Payne tv show hahahahahaha. Fat black guy cracks me up. He's the reason i watch the show but i also watch it because of Allen Payne's hot wife. I've never seen her before. I wonder why Tyler doesn't put her in his movies. I'm gonna see Why Did I Get Married 2 today.

CharlesJones
04-10-2010, 03:34 PM
I saw Why Did I Get Married today and i liked it a lot. Very good movie. It did have some surprises. Good acting from all the actors. It looks like Janet Jackson has picked up some weight. Her titties are big LOL. Jill Scott is cute but she's too big. Tasha Smith who was Michael Jai White's wife is funny as hell hahahahahahahahahahaha.

BRONZBODY
04-12-2010, 07:49 AM
yeah this was pretty good...i cant even front.

i dont have anything against tyler perry as a person. im sure hes a nice guy and i also agree with what ironman said. the problem i have is all of his movies are too predictible.

its always the same shit. nigga you did me wrong, i found another man to take care of me so now i can breathe again. and madea...but with this flick he did change it up and threw a nigga for a loop.

BRONZBODY
04-12-2010, 07:50 AM
oh and that fat black guy is the reason why Tyler is damn near a billionaire...so hes doin something right.

CharlesJones
04-16-2010, 10:42 AM
It's funny to me how Tyler's critics can diss him and say his movies are ghetto but i don't see his critics saying that he has yet to make a R rated movie. Most of his movies are PG-13 and he doesn't have a lot of cursing, sex, violence like most black movies. His movies are family oriented.

IrOnMaN
04-16-2010, 01:32 PM
It's funny to me how Tyler's critics can diss him and say his movies are ghetto but i don't see his critics saying that he has yet to make a R rated movie. Most of his movies are PG-13 and he doesn't have a lot of cursing, sex, violence like most black movies. His movies are family oriented.

Thank you Charles for pointing the obvious out. As I said before, it's because people from all races look down on black films. If these were whites or any other race, no one would say a damn thing.

You people need to shut the fuck up and stop passing so much judgment! Support him.

beautifulrock
04-16-2010, 02:17 PM
It's not a black or white thing, his movies are terrible.

Dr. Simon Hurt
04-16-2010, 03:18 PM
^^^i would agree but i've only seen one of the madea movies and it was shit...but which movies of his have you really watched? i bet most of the people shitting on him haven't seen one and are just basing that off of the shittiness of madea.

i just wish there were more movies with a black cast that weren't ghetto comedies, family reunion type cookout movies, hood gangster bullshit or romantic comedies. but i guess dramas with a majority black cast would really bomb.

but, if you look at american cinema in general over the last 10 years or so, the only movies with a majority 'ethnic' cast that even do decent box office are all comedy/stoner movies.

i hope someone can prove me wrong on that.

EDIT: I forgot about Precious.

oh and idris elba is the man. but he is not quite a good guy like he appears in the losers...if they stuck to his character's backstory....whoops, spoilers.

check two
04-16-2010, 03:34 PM
JD's Revenge is a classic ethnic movie.

CharlesJones
04-18-2010, 01:12 PM
There's nothing wrong with black funny ghetto movies. Every black movie can't be serious all the time. I heard that Spike Lee criticized Tyler's Madea character. Spike really needs to chill because his movies haven't made a lot of money ever LOL. His movies are too serious and nowadays his films come to independent theatres instead of major theatres. Some of his movies are funny but most of his movies are too serious.

Dr. Simon Hurt
04-18-2010, 01:30 PM
there's nothing wrong with funny ghetto movies in general, but when the majority of films with black casts conform to that, there is something wrong. some of us would like to see serious, thought-provoking and (dirty word) artistic material, instead of just lowest common denominator comedies that just revolve around stereotypical situations and characters. i don't get it...is it an insult that his movies open in independent theatres as opposed to in major theatres? i would rather watch a boatload of 'shehateme' or 'bamboozled' over another fucking madea movie. spike lee's filmography pretty much shits on every other black director's filmography from about two miles up (most directors in general to be honest), so i'll roll with him over tyler perry lol

check two
04-18-2010, 01:36 PM
irMFjLJgkwk

Dr. Simon Hurt
04-18-2010, 01:38 PM
is that the army guy from 'it's a different world'? dude was raw lol i think i caught this late night on upn a few years back lol

now we all know where the widlflower intro came from

'shit, that's my man'

CharlesJones
04-19-2010, 11:04 AM
LOL@Pandemic thinks Spike Lee's She Hate Me movie is good hahahahahahahahahahaha. Terrible movie. Spike's movies used to come to major theatres when his career first started. But lately his last few movies have come to independent theatres. Now who's fault do you think that is? It's Spike's fault. His movies have never made a lot of money except maybe Malcolm X. I'm not saying that he's a wack director because his movies haven't made a lot of money. He's done some good ones i like such as Do The Right Thing, Jungle Fever, Malcolm X, Clockers, Get On The Bus, Mo Better Blues. But you have to admit he hasn't made a good movie in a long time. I don't think too many people know he directed Original Kings Of Comedy movie with Steve Harvey, Bernie Mac, Cedric The Entertainer, DL Hughley. That's a funny movie because of the comedians of course. Now why do you think Tyler Perry's movies have made so much money? His movies always do well opening weekend. Why Did I Get Married 2 made $32 million opening weekend and it came in 2nd place. That's impressive for a black director.

There are a few black directors left like F Gary Gray and Antoine Fuqua but how come their movies aren't doing well financially? F Gary Gray who did the classic Friday movie with Ice Cube and Chris Tucker did Law Abiding Citizen movie with Jamie Foxx and i don't think it made that much money even though it's a good movie. Same thing with Antoine. He directed the latest flick Brooklyn's Finest with Wesley Snipes and Don Cheadle and it didn't do that well. It's not even at the theatres anymore LOL. Pandemic, you and other critics on here who got a problem with ghetto black movies need to stop tripping because like i said before, black movies can't be serious all the time. If you notice, black serious movies don't make a lot of money even though there's nothing wrong with making black serious movies. I don't understand the criticism that Death At A Funeral is getting. So what the movie looks ghetto and funny. Martin Lawrence, Chris Rock, Tracy Morgan are very funny guys and i'm sure the movie did well financially last weekend.

I remember when movie critics before were bitching about black hood movies like Boyz N The Hood, Menace II Society, New Jack City, Baby Boy, Juice, Colors, Deep Cover, King Of New York talking about those movies are too violent and it seems that those were the only type of movies blacks could do. Well i don't mean to diss Hollywood white folks who own movie companies but those type of movies need to be made. Now that black comedy movies today are still being made, ya'll are bitching about that too. Some people will never be happy LOL. Some people are always gonna bitch and complain about something. It amazes me that black hood movies get dissed for being too violent and having too much cursing and sex but i don't see horror movies getting dissed by movie critics for having way too much violence and influencing crazy men to kill people.

Dr. Simon Hurt
04-19-2010, 01:59 PM
but i don't see horror movies getting dissed by movie critics for having way too much violence and influencing crazy men to kill people.

are you kidding me? read more and you'll be amazed.

and like i said, i don't have a problem with those movies, there should just be more diversity in presentation. i don't understand you invoking the money argument here as you are not a producer and have no vested interest in how well certain films perform commercially. i am talking about the overall art of filmmaking.