PDA

View Full Version : Ffxiii

Tage
03-06-2010, 06:46 AM
I have it.

Still sealed.

Going to smoke a pipe - then I might open it.

11th Chamber
03-06-2010, 10:28 AM
shit. I still gotta wait til tuesday

Tage
03-06-2010, 11:12 AM
it's brilliant. i skipped XII because i didn't like the look of it. but this, after X and Crisis Core, is perfect.

the menus alone are amazing haha... im about 2 hours into it.

shaolinsword
03-08-2010, 01:51 PM
Picking this up tomo with some tacky postcards and one of the guides. I was thinking of going to a midnight release but there's not enough demand for it (although the ltd edition has already sold out)

I just need to finish WKC before 09:00 because I'm not playing anything else once I get it

Lex Lugor
03-08-2010, 04:29 PM
damn last ff i played was X
maybe this is the best time to catch up

shaolinsword
03-08-2010, 05:02 PM
damn last ff i played was X
maybe this is the best time to catch up

The FF games released since then sucked so you haven't missed much

RagnaroK
03-08-2010, 09:21 PM
Im picking this up Tomorrow at 9AM just after work im going to kick some ass since they apparently confuse my PS3 copy with an Xbox copy

Bloo
03-09-2010, 12:30 AM
My wife just went and got my copy. Once I get home from work I'ma fuck with that shit all day!

RagnaroK
03-09-2010, 10:13 AM
finally got it & I just saw the intro...

Im speechless

Tage
03-09-2010, 12:01 PM
im like 16 hours in(got it on saturday), so if anyone wants some spoilers - let me know!
haha
.......to all of you who think the story starts to drag in places, dont worry, it gets better.

RagnaroK
03-10-2010, 03:42 PM
you know when I first saw Sazh I thought he was a fag now that Im playing the game he is cool they did a great job with his personality and his voice but really they should've use a different photo to showcase the character in the first place

Oh yeah! who they got to defeat?

DRUNKENDRAGON
03-11-2010, 09:06 AM
So what's the verdict from those who have it? Is this a purchase or a rental?

shaolinsword
03-11-2010, 01:50 PM

Definite purchase

The battle system is a bit hectic at first but it's good once you get used to it. The Crystarium (XIIIs equivalent to the sphere grid) is a good idea, rather than automatically learning skills/improving stats you are awarded AC per battle depending on how well you done which you can use to learn skills

Lex Lugor
03-11-2010, 01:54 PM
you sonova beetches i wanna play this

Tage
03-11-2010, 01:55 PM
i have a feeling that there is no world map. and after the 13 chapters (the linear game)... all thats left to do afterwards, to mop up the trophies, is go back and get perfect ratings on previous missions.

eh?.. if that's the case... then... VII>X>IX>CC>XIII>X2

Tage
03-11-2010, 01:56 PM
and i'm still stuck on that boss at the end of chapter 9.... barutoanders, i think he's called. is a fucker.... got the right strategy on my last attempt, he just cast doom and i didn't defeat him before the timer ran out. cunt.

Lex Lugor
03-11-2010, 02:09 PM
wheres your VIII on that list you jerk

VIII > VIIIMO

now crucify me

Tage
03-11-2010, 02:52 PM
never played VIII. didn't like the look of it(all those years ago).... same as XII.

VIII > VIIIMO

^^and... uhhhh, yeah. fuck opinion. you're just wrong.

Lex Lugor
03-11-2010, 03:22 PM
cmoooon man you never played it, im sure people who have played both thoroughly
<this guy
will say that even if they think 7 is GOAT 8 is ridiculously good too and comes a close second. IN MY CASE (ya jerk) i grew up playing and fell in love with 8 and then downgraded to 7. i dont get the hype any sensible being would agree that 8 has a deeper and more gripping storyline, the characters are timeless (not to say cloud isnt), the battle system is more intricate without being too complicated, and the gunblade is the goddamn shizneeet. and theres four disks of that shit, i mean, comeon...

come on

RagnaroK
03-11-2010, 04:42 PM

if you have play most of the FF games then there is a few things you'll miss on FFXIII from what I can tell there is no open world the games seems linear so there isn't much exploration nor sidequest you can use one character at a time and if the leader dies then is game over unlike previous games where the entire squad needed to die for game over when using potion it cures all of the squad instead of just one character to use magic and another abilities you have to change paradigms is not all on the same menu the battle are fast and sometimes hectic there is alot going on at the same time to avoid this you can use settings and slow down the battle speed besides all of this the battle system is pretty good and it feels good when you combo some attacks with abilities or magic and stagger the opponent for more damage in some ways the battle system is better than FFXII

the game got the best graphic there is today is not the same watching the trailer on your comp than seeing the intro on your console really i was fucking impress besides the excellent graphics level up system is outstanding you can actually control how your character levels up depending on the crystal you choose wether is something like Str +3 a new ability or magic you can see right away that your character is getting stronger
also is really cool when your walking around and you hear the rest of the cast having a conversation
the story is great and on the menu they shed more info on the events that takes place and character backgrounds etc.. it helps to understand better the story

FF games are not rent or buy but rather buy or not buy all in all is a good game is fun to play and beautiful to watch all the cutscenes so i'll say is a buy

Lex Lugor
03-11-2010, 04:48 PM
yea after you said how good the intro was i decided to not youtube it and wait until i can sit down and take it all in new

shaolinsword
03-11-2010, 05:19 PM
never played VIII. didn't like the look of it(all those years ago).... same as XII.

VII sucks compared to VIII, the junction system is a lot better than the materia system. There's also a shit load of stuff to do beside the story on VIII

DRUNKENDRAGON
03-11-2010, 05:33 PM
Looks like I'm buying this on payday lol, I also thought 8 was better than 7.

RagnaroK
03-11-2010, 06:12 PM
about FF7 and FF8 which is better I don't even know no more there are days that I feel FF8 is better and vice versa one thing is for certain FF8 def got better graphics and the best Goddamn Summons on the entire FF series period no discussions on the other hand I feel that FF7 got a better story and some better characters

on FFXIII forget what i said about slowing down the speed of the battle it affects the rating after the fight and thats a big no no

Tage
03-11-2010, 07:22 PM
...in other news - i beat that boss at the end of chapter 9. was annoyingly easy on the 5th try.

and i just unlocked a Sazh PS3 Theme (an extra on the game disc - one for each character i think)

stashlova
03-12-2010, 09:46 AM
Knights of the Round was the shit! Aint nothing fucking with that since...imho

shaolinsword
03-12-2010, 01:54 PM
...in other news - i beat that boss at the end of chapter 9. was annoyingly easy on the 5th try.

and i just unlocked a Sazh PS3 Theme (an extra on the game disc - one for each character i think)

One for each of the six chars and one for Serah, here's what you have to do;

Lightning - obtain the superstar trophy
Snow - obtain the L'Cie paragon trophy
Sazh - obtain the loremaster trophy
Vanille - obtain the instrument of faith trophy
Hope - obtain the instrument of change trophy
Fang - obtain the treasure hunter trophy
Serah - obtain all trophies

That applies to the 360 players as well but you get a gamer picture not a theme

BRONZBODY
03-12-2010, 04:07 PM
i wanna like this game...i really do. but i was soo burned by ff 12 i cant play it.

shaolinsword
03-12-2010, 06:02 PM
i wanna like this game...i really do. but i was soo burned by ff 12 i cant play it.

It's good once it gets started, it's a lot better than FFXII

Paranoid
03-13-2010, 01:29 AM

fuck you faggot youre an FF noob. how can you say which is better when you haven't even played VIII. and you tried XI for 5 seconds and claimed it wasn't for you. You're a fuckin idiot

BRONZBODY
03-13-2010, 03:45 AM
It's good once it gets started, it's a lot better than FFXIIim gonna gamefly it and give it a shot.

BRONZBODY
03-13-2010, 03:49 AM
fuck you faggot youre an FF noob. how can you say which is better when you haven't even played VIII. and you tried XI for 5 seconds and claimed it wasn't for you. You're a fuckin idiotSLICK!!!

havent seen you around cussing muhfukas out in awhile son!!! lol

anyone with a brain knows FFVI>>>>>>>ALL FF games(imo)

Kefka shits all over sephifag.

oh sephribitch kills a bitch no one really used....WOW!!!!

dat nigga kefka poisoned a entire village killing the men women AND children....and what did he do??? i laughed about it......the nigga laughed about it!!!!

Tage
03-13-2010, 07:48 AM
^hahahaha

fuck you faggot youre an FF noob. how can you say which is better when you haven't even played VIII. and you tried XI for 5 seconds and claimed it wasn't for you. You're a fuckin idiot

FFXI was not worth paying for. and i never played VIII. sorry. that definitly makes me a noob... you're a retard. i was joking about opinion, that's why VIII wasn't on my list... you fucking idiot.

...anyway, getting more into XIII, the game has finally opened up.

GoldynChyld
03-17-2010, 07:22 AM
Im kinda stuck on the chapter 5 boss, the bulbasaur looking thing.

RagnaroK
03-17-2010, 08:01 AM
Im kinda stuck on the chapter 5 boss, the bulbasaur looking thing.

that boss keeps changing properties every minute you need to cast libra at the start of the battle press R1 to see what elements he halves, absorbs and weakest against change your paradigm to use the magic he is weak against keep an eye on him when he is about to change properties you'll see him do a motion and a lil message under his life bar will appear "something about the element he'll be using" (don't remember exactly words) when you see that message quickly press R1 to see what new magic will be effective against him and what magic he can absorb very important that you keep constantly checking with R1 so you won't accidentally heal him

be very patience it takes time to beat him keep your characters with shell & Protect at all times that boss can and will take large portions of your life heal when your life reaches 300-400

Mai Wang Tu Phat
03-17-2010, 09:51 AM
It was a little reptitive imo, but good story and great visuals.

shaolinsword
03-17-2010, 03:05 PM
You don't have to keep pressing R1 if you use auto battle because it automatically chooses the most powerful attack (unless enemies are close together then it uses an attack with an area effect)

RagnaroK
03-18-2010, 12:48 AM
i forgot i don't use auto battle I change the settings to set the cursor on abilities is more fun that way

shaolinsword
03-18-2010, 03:52 PM
It comes in handy when you've got haste cast and you're fighting a boss like Barthandalus

Paranoid
03-19-2010, 01:33 AM
^hahahaha

FFXI was not worth paying for. and i never played VIII. sorry. that definitly makes me a noob... you're a retard. i was joking about opinion, that's why VIII wasn't on my list... you fucking idiot.

...anyway, getting more into XIII, the game has finally opened up.

you really can't properly judge XI when you got lvl 5 and quit man...

you didn't even get to experience partying with other players so you shouldnt be so quick to dismiss it...that isn't fair.

i myself quit the game and sold my account for $400. its too addictive

and honestly have played both games i can easily say VII and VIII are equally as good

Paranoid
03-19-2010, 01:35 AM
SLICK!!!

havent seen you around cussing muhfukas out in awhile son!!! lol

anyone with a brain knows FFVI>>>>>>>ALL FF games(imo)

Kefka shits all over sephifag.

oh sephribitch kills a bitch no one really used....WOW!!!!

dat nigga kefka poisoned a entire village killing the men women AND children....and what did he do??? i laughed about it......the nigga laughed about it!!!!

peace...yea i was banned from this site for a long time for saying the word nigger

Paranoid
03-19-2010, 01:38 AM
can't wait for FFXIV. gonna be fucking amazing

Tage
03-22-2010, 04:36 AM
completed the story of FFXIII last night. alot of major encounters in the last chapter, but with a strong party, they're too easy.

I think the hardest part of the game, for me, was Barthandulus, at the end of chapter 9........ and Vanille's Eidolon, Hecatoncheir(though im only 1/3 through the side-missions).

i was at around 55 hours(i think) at completion of the story.

shaolinsword
10-08-2010, 05:33 PM
Trailer for all three games

l2jIIB2E72Q