PDA

View Full Version : My Favorite album of all time: Bottom Belle

TSA
03-09-2010, 03:11 PM
yb2CmuNWy4I
Track 1.

I dont understand a word of it either, but my dad had it when i was 10 and i used to listen to it non stop, i think it's what started my interest in music.

The album sounds like a perfection of the african sound. I have entire songs memorized till this day and i don't know what any of them are saying.

Evidentally it was an igbo guy that put the album and group together because he went country to country looking for the best artists in each area. After gathering them he formed a group to play together for 1 album. Some of the phrases and 1 song is Igbo. Each song sounds like an advancement of the local sound of the people the headlining artist is from.

this one i believe is Cameroon and about a woman. I only say Cameroon cause it sounds that way and its called Suzanna Mbango and the last name looks like a cameroonian/gabonese/congolese word.

TSA
03-09-2010, 03:13 PM
9iJTzzX5IuY&NR
Track 2
Bottom Belle

This song is the title track, and probably my least favorite but still better then almost every song ever to me.

the lyrics are a play on a nigerian classic about the founding father Nnamdi Azikiwe whose chorus has become a highlife standard

another standard is women give me bottom belle coolu my heart eh

which is also used and leads me to think the head artist behind this one is nigerian. but idk

TSA
03-09-2010, 03:16 PM
lzfLoNLyTh4
Track 3
Mama De For Cumba

This is the one song in igbo, though some phrases aren't. The layed back sound and talking over the track are signature igbo song traits

TSA
03-09-2010, 03:17 PM
4fDoAZnbud8
Track 4.

couldn't tell you a damn thing about this one. Its nice though

TSA
03-09-2010, 03:19 PM
_na9Q3OEHWo
Track 5

This is a remake of the Rex Lawson(the james brown of highlife) classic Sawale.

TSA
03-09-2010, 03:23 PM
2tISzko4C3Y
Track 6

couldn't tell you a fucking thing about this one, but it fuckin BEATS

PM_GvlYJ3Ss
Track 7

couldn't say much about this one either. it sounds really igbo but that's not the language being used. Everything on the album either sounds igbo are francophone.

anyways that's all that's on youtube, and the best materials 9-13, which are all fucking thumpers.

this album the most tragically slept on thing in music ever. maybe its just a personal thing, but i think its nuts.

kempa
03-09-2010, 03:58 PM
dats some fresh shit man
makes me wanna run naked thru the savannah and kill a giraffe with my blowdart gun

snapple
03-15-2010, 10:23 PM
good post TSA

TSA
03-16-2010, 03:45 AM
dont sleep on 6