PDA

View Full Version : MOP and Mobb Deep signed to G-unit it happened

J-Ronin
06-17-2005, 12:22 PM
I was at Headcourterz (formerly known as D&D) which is now owned by DJ Premier. MOP was getting filmed by BET. Fox thier manager was telling me that they are signed to G-unit as is Mob Deep. They all had these crazy diamond encrusted watches that had a spinner on the top. I managed to get my mixtape off to people at BET, MOP, DJ Premier, some people at INterscope and somebody at Damon Dash Music Group.

Just letting y'all know the deal before the websites tell y'all. It happened. MOP has several Dre Beats already.

Gotta get back to work

peace fam

Rorschach
06-17-2005, 12:28 PM
This is sickening, truly sickening.

The same people who made Ante Up and many other grimey shit, are gonna be on the label who made 'Wanna Get To Know Ya'?:{

This is a lame attempt by G-Unit to win back some credibility in NY, since they good as got the whole of NY on their back. Let's hope this 'Bullet X' by Nas is really something special.

Definitive X
06-17-2005, 12:30 PM
MOP over a hard-hitting Dre beat? SHIIIIIIIIIIITTTT...and J-Ronin, I'd like to talk to ya in a minute...

tical2000
06-17-2005, 12:51 PM

The same people who made Ante Up and many other grimey shit, are gonna be on the label who made 'Wanna Get To Know Ya'?:{

This is a lame attempt by G-Unit to win back some credibility in NY, since they good as got the whole of NY on their back. Let's hope this 'Bullet X' by Nas is really something special.shut up

MOP and MOBB DEEP are going to get some serious push now.......they were as good as done in the rap industry.......I am stoked!

Whatever you think of 50 CENT, you have to give him props for signing some hip hop legends.

Like it or not SHADY/AFTERMATH/G Unit are a force now

AK Spray
06-17-2005, 01:09 PM
shut up

MOP and MOBB DEEP are going to get some serious push now.......they were as good as done in the rap industry.......I am stoked!

Whatever you think of 50 CENT, you have to give him props for signing some hip hop legends.

Like it or not SHADY/AFTERMATH/G Unit are a force now

^^^Yo, that's one way to look at it... The other way is this.. Their lyrics will decrease in quality GREATLY. I've already heard it in their song with 50... Shit's weak... They (Aftermath peeps) have a looow standard set for them... They gonna have people tellin them that lines like "Escalades with 20's, i'm into gettin money." are the illest shit since Rakim... And they gon' continue to make shit like that, and so on, and so on... It's sad, so Ima just enjoy all the older M.O.P. that i have...

And to anybody that thinks that the reason their lyrics suck now is cuz they fell off, that's not the reason.. They had a song that was released like 6 months ago on sum Kayslay tape called "Instigator".. you listen to that, anad u can hear how grimey that they still is....

ONE

Rorschach
06-17-2005, 01:12 PM
If you don't agree with my opinion, don't tell me to shut up. That's just ignorant.

As AK Spray said above me, their lyrics will decrease considerably.

M.O.P were over Premier beats anyway, if the dre beats you talk so highly of are anything like the standard of his beats on Encore, then I sure as hell can do without them.

As for Mobb Deep, it won't be Infamous type music we will be getting, it will be more 'gangsta mtv' shit, so it will be like Amerikas Nightmare, but worse. Prodigy fell off a long time ago anyway.

tical2000
06-17-2005, 01:44 PM
If you don't agree with my opinion, don't tell me to shut up. That's just ignorant.

As AK Spray said above me, their lyrics will decrease considerably.

M.O.P were over Premier beats anyway, if the dre beats you talk so highly of are anything like the standard of his beats on Encore, then I sure as hell can do without them.

As for Mobb Deep, it won't be Infamous type music we will be getting, it will be more 'gangsta mtv' shit, so it will be like Amerikas Nightmare, but worse. Prodigy fell off a long time ago anyway.
Ya dude, PRODIGY has always been one of my favorite mc's in the game..........but ever since JAY-Z released "takeover", PRODIGY has rapped like a man who has lost his nutsack........like INFAMOUS, HELL ON EARTH, MURDA MUZIK, HNIC.....PRODIGY raps like a man possesed..........listen to INFAMY and AMERIKAZ NIGHTMARE and he sounds like half the man he used to be....

maybe being signed to G-UNIT, will light a fire under his ass, and he will bring some more heat........

.....I am going to wait to make any judgements on there albums untill I hear them......like who cares if 50 CENT is on a couple songs on there albums, as long as 80% is on the grimy shit........like ALCEMIST is EMINEM's new DJ, so you know ALCHEMIST will still produce alot of the tracks.

Rorschach
06-17-2005, 02:00 PM
It's not the standard of Prodigy's rapping I am worried about Tical, although I see your point, any Mobb is better than no Mobb right?

It's just any Shady/Aftermath potential that they do have, they seem to ruin with wack guest appearances just to get shine. Take for example the crazy beat by Scott Storch given to Busta Rhymes for his first single, what happens? To sell records they put Eminem on rapping about poo poo and manure.:{

repo
06-17-2005, 02:38 PM
m.o.p. good for them, maybe they'll get done right with 50 and get their needed exposure since they got fux0red on their last endeavor

mobb deep is played out already imo ... signing with g-unit will either rejuvenate their career or this is jumping the shark and they gone
i dunno

TrueDciple
06-17-2005, 03:17 PM
IT CAN BE A GIFT AND A CURSE SO LETS JUST HOPE THAT THEY WONT BECOME INFECTED WITH THE G UNIT SUPER STUPID NONESENSE WEAK COLABOS.

AND DOES ANYONE KNOW IF PRODIGY NEW LP H.N.I.C Prt 2. IS GONNA BE UNDER G UNIT RECORDS?

Prodigy69
06-17-2005, 03:36 PM
Yow i dont know bout yall but any mobb track is betta then no mobb track they both still tight ..i find lately on mixtapes n shit its the beat..(ie-We got this prod by alch) and many more (the system) with that wack chorus..amerikaz nightmare was hot..but it wasnt hell on earth..they gotta go back n find beats like hellonearth n apostles warning n shit..to go anywhere, mobb over dre..be good but nothen like there old shit..just think of Live Foul..the same old type dre beats...who knows mabey they surprise us all..i hope...as for mop..i think its good for them..premier beats were gettin old..n there not as powerful as dres, well some of them.... anyway ..mop would be dope over necro beats i think heh

Protection
06-18-2005, 11:12 AM
AND DOES ANYONE KNOW IF PRODIGY NEW LP H.N.I.C Prt 2. IS GONNA BE UNDER G UNIT RECORDS? Probably not, they signed the group Mobb Deep. Prodigy, as a solo artist, is probably signed to Infamous Records or ALC Records. I don't know for sure, we'll see...

Peace.

J-Ronin
06-18-2005, 12:41 PM
New MOP joints will be on ALL ELEMENTS vol.2 by myself and 4th Disciple. Should be out before next weekend
- J

bringoutthegimp
06-18-2005, 01:36 PM

The same people who made Ante Up and many other grimey shit, are gonna be on the label who made 'Wanna Get To Know Ya'?:{ HAHA shut up, do you really think mop are gonna go soft?

I-Legit
06-18-2005, 07:49 PM
i think this is sick, G-Unit are great rappers, minus Game cause well hes feelin himself a tad too much, but good to non the less.

MOP and Mob Deep are good, hopefully this is a chance to revolutionise the raw with the mainstream, ya know...more of a unite-ness between, so we can all make good music and not stero type everybody by what 'form' of rap everyone spits, i just hope they try to come out with something more positive with this deal and spit some real, not just how grimey they are/can be, its overdone, i hope mor epeopel also respect what they're doing also

killwhitey
06-18-2005, 08:39 PM
Didn't 50 kinda diss prodigy in that one song about fat joe and jadakiss.

I-Legit
06-18-2005, 08:46 PM
nah, Prodigy and G-Unit are beef free, Prodigy did a beat on Game's album

killwhitey
06-18-2005, 08:55 PM
"Jada don't fuck wit me if you wanna eat,
cause I'll do ya little ass like Jay did Mobb Deep"

...i would take offense to that, but then again i wouldnt take offense to the paycheck theyll be gettin.

whitey
06-18-2005, 09:06 PM
i think this is sick, G-Unit are great rappers, minus Game cause well hes feelin himself a tad too much, but good to non the less.

MOP and Mob Deep are good, hopefully this is a chance to revolutionise the raw with the mainstream, ya know...more of a unite-ness between, so we can all make good music and not stero type everybody by what 'form' of rap everyone spits, i just hope they try to come out with something more positive with this deal and spit some real, not just how grimey they are/can be, its overdone, i hope mor epeopel also respect what they're doing also
its a joke of a post

Righteous1
06-19-2005, 02:25 AM
but it wasnt hell on earth..they gotta go back n find beats like hellonearth n apostles warning n shit..to go anywhere, mobb over dre..be good but nothen like there old shit.

I agree, it was music like that which left fans enlightened with a full dose of realness. But there is no way Mobb Deep is going to be able to come with it hard like that, with lame uninspirational talentless crap surrounding their circumference in the cyper. I seriously doubt this will last long. Mobb Deep is so much better than that amd with proper company(Producers and Emcees), they can still explode on the scene. But they are defiantely looking in teh wrong direction!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

Rebel_INS
06-19-2005, 03:51 AM
Mobb Deep made the biggest fucken mistake they could. Shit right there just proves that there in the shit for the money man. They could careless bout there real fans

odot27
06-19-2005, 11:05 AM
damn, i was hoping it was jus a rumour that G Unit wanted MOP.... and Mobb?
wtf?

Funk_Dock
06-19-2005, 11:14 AM
i hope they still make the good music they wer makin be4 we just have to wait and see...

Prodigy69
06-22-2005, 07:59 PM
Its not that big of a mistake really..yeah it is they went mainstream but...they could still surpise us...you know mobb..still have alch n hav prod along with dre n em..not that big of a deal

R3beLuTionAry
06-22-2005, 09:21 PM
better for mobb deep than having shit like lil jon on their cd

nychibahawk
06-22-2005, 09:27 PM
good fuckin shit on the scoop j-ro this is easily their best career move.. i aint gonna lose NO respect for the mash out.. as for the mobb if they can put out music its okay but their credibility has been down the drain for a while now

tical2000
06-22-2005, 09:34 PM
Mobb Deep made the biggest fucken mistake they could. Shit right there just proves that there in the shit for the money man. They could careless bout there real fans

How is this the biggest mistake???? They just signed to the most powerful label in hip hop.........they are going to get a major push now............considering they got fucked on there last labels.......Furthermore, MOBB have been the rap game for years, have made classics, who cares if they make some money.............Using your point of view, if they carred about there fans they would be broke-ass on some fuckin indie label....................as long as they keep there music good (which I think has not been up to par on AMERIKAZ and INFAMY), who gives a fuck if 50 CENT is on 1 or 2 tracks on there album.

pablobaluba
06-23-2005, 02:52 AM
How is this the biggest mistake???? They just signed to the most powerful label in hip hop.........they are going to get a major push now............considering they got fucked on there last labels.......Furthermore, MOBB have been the rap game for years, have made classics, who cares if they make some money.............Using your point of view, if they carred about there fans they would be broke-ass on some fuckin indie label....................as long as they keep there music good (which I think has not been up to par on AMERIKAZ and INFAMY), who gives a fuck if 50 CENT is on 1 or 2 tracks on there album.you are idiot

whitey
06-24-2005, 07:10 PM
anybody heard the new 50 and mobb deep track?

even if you didnt, you can probably guess.

50 has ruined mobb deep. pussy ass shit.

kell16
06-24-2005, 08:00 PM
mop should mash out on 50 and anny up on the rest of g-unot

Razorsharp
06-24-2005, 11:41 PM
dammit.....this cuts into to me deep.... THE INFAMOUS ... is like one of my favorite lps of all times.... and for them to amount to this jus makes me not like them in some kind of way.... i hate G-Unit with passion.... i hope they all parish in flames... and now this shit...wow.... this fuckin sucks..... i think they should just get signed and make fake verses to put on a track but whne they release the lp they should have all diss tracks to G-Unit.....hahaha

TSA
06-25-2005, 08:53 PM
all im gonna say is, i thought that Mobb and MOP were straight. My opinions changed due to the fact that they agreed to work in the same building with a guy who said
"I read somewhere, I'm homophobic - sheeit
Go through the hood, there's mad niggaz on my dick"

..he used his homosexuality as a metaphore

This is disgracful, showing that even legends are willing to sell everything they got to make a buck off some vaginal rap
Look at it this way, Tupac resurrection, sick as hell, UNTIL 50 used it as a chance to insult Ja-Rule. Its like
going to a funeral and giving a speech about how you don't like someone whose irrelevant to the situation in front of everyone. This in turn made the CD
suck just a little bit more, that tiny presence. Now if he could disgrace Pac like that, the greatest of all time (some say) then the damage he'll do to Mobb Deep will be
phenominal. They're set for self destruction.

not to mention
"I read somewhere, I'm homophobic - sheeit
Go through the hood, there's mad niggaz on my dick"

Razorsharp
06-25-2005, 08:56 PM
deep^ rep for u!

Razorsharp
06-25-2005, 08:58 PM
damn... i was s0 into mobb deep... no they sell out with the fuckin person i hate the most that makes so-called music... he doesnt make shit... and it sucks because dre is wasting his time with his bad ass beats using it for fucks who cant spell "HIP HOP" and cant "RAP"

PEACE

36chambers
06-25-2005, 09:04 PM
Dont judge something until u heard it man, it might be nice.

Razorsharp
06-25-2005, 10:11 PM
but affliating with 50 is bad news... thats hip pop straight up

100pr00f
06-25-2005, 10:24 PM
who said that 50 will be on thier cd.....he might not be....he aint on d-12's shit...also i think it might be phat ...wit some banging beats with both them groubs nice lyrics...damn shit could be tight

Razorsharp
06-25-2005, 10:27 PM
i d0nt think s0.... because they g0nna be in the same area as him and will sound like him... and start actin like him... they the shook ones n0w... shook by the money that is... "aint no such thing as half way crooks" damn imma miss that shit *sniff sniff*

I-Legit
06-25-2005, 10:53 PM
damn....u see its attitudes taht gets hip-hop no where..i got respect for this and hope they do get all make good music..money isnt shit.....and if they do feel themselves..its abotu damn time..Mobb and MOP havnt came out from that street bullshit ever.....bout damn time they start moving up.......hope somthing good comes out of it......for real.....so they dont have to rhyme about how fucked up the world is when we all know, and its funny most kids listen to this shit i think they feel them when they dont even experience that shit.....and they think they know whats up with it...lol....thats the only reason why the mainstream becamse popular was because of the money...thats what all the sad lonley fucks want to hear cause they dont have nothing else......all big events in tehis world evolve around money........its just about whos the greediest to do what and be around what.....anyways back to music......i hope they try to make somthing of it...thats it

S.Quigley
06-26-2005, 05:41 AM
i think if mobb listend to littles and utilized their enormous infamous mobb family to build thier team. instead of doing themself and leaving everyone in the hood..
mobb deep could have became a real huge threat to the industry and made rap history...but jumpin' on to sign with 50??????is crazzzzzy!! unless they use this opportunity to get infamous mobb in the spotlight... ya kno!
if you've heard the mobb deep west coast mixtape hosted by big mike awhile back
you know mobb can still come gutter as ever,they ain't fall off at al!!!!

isn't it ironic that i was juss explaining to my wife how g-unit is fake gangster music, and that you would never see any real hard m.c.'s do a collabo with them, because they realize his gimmick!i even said these words "50 and m.o.p. track will never happen" goes to show anythin is possible in this money run world...

i juss hope that this doen't lead to them(m.o.p.) losing their street credibility...
and honestly prodigy hnic2 juss won't fly not now not never... they need eachotha... and recently i'm starting to think havoc writes better versez then big head p.

this is gon be entertaining at tha least!!

6thPlanet
06-26-2005, 05:58 AM
Congradulations