PDA

View Full Version : Lady Gaga

SID
03-19-2010, 08:44 AM
Wow, i just came across this article on H+ magazine, it scared the fuck out of me, it rang some major alarms and really makes you question the status of contemporary soceity....

http://i39.tinypic.com/bvaz8.jpg

Over the last year Lady Gaga has come to embody —for me and, I imagine, for her fans — a kind of posthuman life strategy. She presents a response to the horrors of the 21st century that reeks, strangely, of absolute sanity — the sanity of very archly embracing the most grotesque excesses of the materialist culture that is destroying the planet.

At once very human and also indistinguishable from the inhuman culture machine that promotes her, she is the perfect evolutionary advance, designed to outlive the cockroaches themselves. She is a successful gray alien hybrid, stripped of all human emotion or compassion, a thing made to flourish in this grim, mechanical age. She is the newest model android from the MTV fembot assembly line. She is the latest and greatest Terminator. She is Skynet. She is self-aware.

Horror Vacui
Artists hold a mirror to society — but in this bizarre new century, the mirror has been splintered into a million little pieces, scattered to the floor for us to sort out and build some kind of identity from. Artists make meaning out of meaninglessness. Lady Gaga has her work cut out for her.

(Beyoncé to Gaga in the “Telephone” video: “You know, Gaga? Trust is like a mirror. You can fix it if it's broke...”

Gaga: “But you can still see the crack in that motherf**ker's reflection.”)

If David Bowie's chameleonic posturing prefigured the hypertext web, Gaga may be the first version of a human being we have seen capable of thriving in the era of the social web. She is shiny, clickable, and malleable in the face of endless attention fragmentation. She is an adaptive strategy. Without any solid or “real” self, her identity becomes whatever it needs to be, immune to the toxic shock of the incoming century, fully geared up to party in the ruins. Is it any wonder that she's provoked the response she has, both adulation and hatred? She's the first non-boring thing to happen in pop music for almost fifteen years.

Consider Lady Gaga in prison in the beginning of her new video. That's all of us, “held captive” in the modern condition — but Gaga is the Magician, able to transform any situation to her will. Five minutes in and she's reassembled her outfit from chains and cigarettes and is wrapping herself around the girls in the prison yard. The other people in prison are already listening to her songs on her branded Lady Gaga headphone… she set the context before she even arrived. Though she may be in prison, she already rules the world. This is what adaptation to the 21st century looks like. The brand “Gaga” can be reassembled from anything, even in a vacuum, even from trash, just as we must learn to do with our own masks of self.

The experience of coming to grips with the inherent lack of meaning in our lives or in the universe —and learning not only to survive in such a universe, but to thrive in it — is a crucial stage in many religious traditions. The moment when you finally, deeply understand that there really is no point… this is Buddhism's stock in trade. The medieval mystic St. John of the Cross called this experience the “Dark Night of the Soul.” In the Hermetic and Qabalistic traditions, this experience is described as the invisible sephira Da'ath aka “Knowledge.”

While undergoing this experience—which usually comes when the mind has been pushed as far as it can go through meditation or other high-octane spiritual practice — consciousness is torn apart by its remaining attachment to ego, as if by a pack of wild dogs, as the false individuality shakes apart, unveiling the true self —primal, unconditioned awareness — that lies beneath. Here, meaning goes in drag as meaninglessness. Gender inverts as well, as consciousness loses its sexual conditioning.

“In the earliest spiritual traditions known to humankind,” Randy P. Connor writes in Blossom of Bone, his study of transgendered shamanism throughout history, “gender-variant, homoeroticly, or bisexualy inclined persons served as shamans and priests of goddesses, gods, spirits, and ancestors.”

Da'ath is traditionally symbolized as a prison cell—the place where Gaga finds herself in the “Telephone” video, as her shamanic gender inversion reaches its pinnacle, straight woman in drag as a gay man in drag as a gay woman, emerging as a weaponized new self. “I told you she didn't have a dick,” one of her butch prison guards remarks as she is thrown into her cell. “Too bad,” the other replies. And so we embark on Gaga and Beyoncé's version of a lesbianized world, as they murder everything in sight.

When both meaning and meaninglessness have been destroyed — when Gaga and Beyoncé have passed through the pillars of initiation, as symbolized by their black and white dresses at the end of the video — a new Star is born.

The Fame Monster
The 21st century is pure chaos. Reactionaries of every stripe tell us to turn around and go back. “We have lost all meaningful interaction,” they yammer on and on as they have for decades. They said it about MTV, they said it about the Web, and now they're saying it about texting and Twitter and Lady Gaga. But just as our individual intelligence grows based on the number of connections our neurons make with each other, so does the intelligence of the mass mind grow based on the number of connections made between its individual neurons — us. We are the neurons. The more connections we make, the smarter we get as a whole.

This, then, is perhaps a better metaphor for the age of social media than the message that we are being “driven to distraction,” coming from concern groups and well-meaning psychologists.” Look at it this way. We're learning to think as a group mind, instead of as individual minds. This, again, is the message of Da'ath — that ultimately our individual egos are illusions. That may seem chilly, but it also might be exactly the type of cognitive approach we're going to need in order to successfully navigate the challenges of this century. Pop stars are charged with pointing a way forward through an increasingly chaotic, confusing, and fragmented world for us — perhaps here, then, is what Beyoncé, Lady Gaga, Jay-Z and the rest are pointing to when they make Illuminati hand signs in their videos. Become illuminated. Evolve or die.

Lady Gaga is a success story, a victorious Magellan of sleaze. She is the anti-Tiger Woods, able to surf our culture's sexual psychoses instead of drowning in them. Did they build her in an underground laboratory, like the one featured in the “Bad Romance” video? They must have, for what other perverse, mutated perfection of the human form could be better equipped to succeed in this most horrible of world climates?

While the rest of the world spirals into economic degradation, environmental pestilence and complete systems failure of all of the old world models, Lady Gaga reigns above the flames. Pay attention to the lesson. Lady Gaga is the only person prospering in this cultural climate. Therefore she has done something right. She is the necessary evolutionary adaptation to our times and this is why she disturbs people: This is what we must all become.

Indestructibly vacant.

Jason Louv is the editor and author of the books Generation Hex, Ultraculture and Thee Psychick Bible, and a blogger at the popular culture journal Dangerous Minds.

Rollo
03-19-2010, 12:11 PM
Good God... A necessary step in evolution says he...
Well I don't think you have to be a fat tranny hooker who's tone deaf just to be a success.
I guess if you are in the market of 14 year old white girls and effeminate homosexuals, it might be a different story.

J.T.S.
03-19-2010, 12:17 PM
heavy she always seemed like an alien to me, she's defintely a rock(emotionless)
and read about her crack addiction damn shame!!

TheBoarzHeadBoy
03-20-2010, 09:22 PM
Lol this is the biggest dick riding of a female I've ever heard. Crazy shit.

A Dean Of Virus
03-20-2010, 09:47 PM
H+ magazine is trying to ride Lady Gaga to fame...sad. I guess people are going crazy over an artist having her first 7 or 8 singles hit number 1 on the billboard hot 100...TBH when I first heard "Just Dance" I thought she'd be forgotten by now. Sad to say she's here to stay...until she dies (which is probably in the near future considering her lifestyle)

Come Honor Face
03-20-2010, 09:54 PM
Is it proper to refer to Gaga as her or she? From what I understand, it has a penis. No?

A Dean Of Virus
03-21-2010, 12:54 AM
latest music video disproved that lol

EAGLE EYE
03-21-2010, 01:37 AM
Wow, i just came across this article on H+ magazine, it scared the fuck out of me, it rang some major alarms and really makes you question the status of contemporary soceity....

http://i39.tinypic.com/bvaz8.jpg

Over the last year Lady Gaga has come to embody —for me and, I imagine, for her fans — a kind of posthuman life strategy. She presents a response to the horrors of the 21st century that reeks, strangely, of absolute sanity — the sanity of very archly embracing the most grotesque excesses of the materialist culture that is destroying the planet.

At once very human and also indistinguishable from the inhuman culture machine that promotes her, she is the perfect evolutionary advance, designed to outlive the cockroaches themselves. She is a successful gray alien hybrid, stripped of all human emotion or compassion, a thing made to flourish in this grim, mechanical age. She is the newest model android from the MTV fembot assembly line. She is the latest and greatest Terminator. She is Skynet. She is self-aware.

Horror Vacui
Artists hold a mirror to society — but in this bizarre new century, the mirror has been splintered into a million little pieces, scattered to the floor for us to sort out and build some kind of identity from. Artists make meaning out of meaninglessness. Lady Gaga has her work cut out for her.

(Beyoncé to Gaga in the “Telephone” video: “You know, Gaga? Trust is like a mirror. You can fix it if it's broke...”

Gaga: “But you can still see the crack in that motherf**ker's reflection.”)

If David Bowie's chameleonic posturing prefigured the hypertext web, Gaga may be the first version of a human being we have seen capable of thriving in the era of the social web. She is shiny, clickable, and malleable in the face of endless attention fragmentation. She is an adaptive strategy. Without any solid or “real” self, her identity becomes whatever it needs to be, immune to the toxic shock of the incoming century, fully geared up to party in the ruins. Is it any wonder that she's provoked the response she has, both adulation and hatred? She's the first non-boring thing to happen in pop music for almost fifteen years.

Consider Lady Gaga in prison in the beginning of her new video. That's all of us, “held captive” in the modern condition — but Gaga is the Magician, able to transform any situation to her will. Five minutes in and she's reassembled her outfit from chains and cigarettes and is wrapping herself around the girls in the prison yard. The other people in prison are already listening to her songs on her branded Lady Gaga headphone… she set the context before she even arrived. Though she may be in prison, she already rules the world. This is what adaptation to the 21st century looks like. The brand “Gaga” can be reassembled from anything, even in a vacuum, even from trash, just as we must learn to do with our own masks of self.

The experience of coming to grips with the inherent lack of meaning in our lives or in the universe —and learning not only to survive in such a universe, but to thrive in it — is a crucial stage in many religious traditions. The moment when you finally, deeply understand that there really is no point… this is Buddhism's stock in trade. The medieval mystic St. John of the Cross called this experience the “Dark Night of the Soul.” In the Hermetic and Qabalistic traditions, this experience is described as the invisible sephira Da'ath aka “Knowledge.”

While undergoing this experience—which usually comes when the mind has been pushed as far as it can go through meditation or other high-octane spiritual practice — consciousness is torn apart by its remaining attachment to ego, as if by a pack of wild dogs, as the false individuality shakes apart, unveiling the true self —primal, unconditioned awareness — that lies beneath. Here, meaning goes in drag as meaninglessness. Gender inverts as well, as consciousness loses its sexual conditioning.

“In the earliest spiritual traditions known to humankind,” Randy P. Connor writes in Blossom of Bone, his study of transgendered shamanism throughout history, “gender-variant, homoeroticly, or bisexualy inclined persons served as shamans and priests of goddesses, gods, spirits, and ancestors.”

Da'ath is traditionally symbolized as a prison cell—the place where Gaga finds herself in the “Telephone” video, as her shamanic gender inversion reaches its pinnacle, straight woman in drag as a gay man in drag as a gay woman, emerging as a weaponized new self. “I told you she didn't have a dick,” one of her butch prison guards remarks as she is thrown into her cell. “Too bad,” the other replies. And so we embark on Gaga and Beyoncé's version of a lesbianized world, as they murder everything in sight.

When both meaning and meaninglessness have been destroyed — when Gaga and Beyoncé have passed through the pillars of initiation, as symbolized by their black and white dresses at the end of the video — a new Star is born.

The Fame Monster
The 21st century is pure chaos. Reactionaries of every stripe tell us to turn around and go back. “We have lost all meaningful interaction,” they yammer on and on as they have for decades. They said it about MTV, they said it about the Web, and now they're saying it about texting and Twitter and Lady Gaga. But just as our individual intelligence grows based on the number of connections our neurons make with each other, so does the intelligence of the mass mind grow based on the number of connections made between its individual neurons — us. We are the neurons. The more connections we make, the smarter we get as a whole.

This, then, is perhaps a better metaphor for the age of social media than the message that we are being “driven to distraction,” coming from concern groups and well-meaning psychologists.” Look at it this way. We're learning to think as a group mind, instead of as individual minds. This, again, is the message of Da'ath — that ultimately our individual egos are illusions. That may seem chilly, but it also might be exactly the type of cognitive approach we're going to need in order to successfully navigate the challenges of this century. Pop stars are charged with pointing a way forward through an increasingly chaotic, confusing, and fragmented world for us — perhaps here, then, is what Beyoncé, Lady Gaga, Jay-Z and the rest are pointing to when they make Illuminati hand signs in their videos. Become illuminated. Evolve or die.

Lady Gaga is a success story, a victorious Magellan of sleaze. She is the anti-Tiger Woods, able to surf our culture's sexual psychoses instead of drowning in them. Did they build her in an underground laboratory, like the one featured in the “Bad Romance” video? They must have, for what other perverse, mutated perfection of the human form could be better equipped to succeed in this most horrible of world climates?

While the rest of the world spirals into economic degradation, environmental pestilence and complete systems failure of all of the old world models, Lady Gaga reigns above the flames. Pay attention to the lesson. Lady Gaga is the only person prospering in this cultural climate. Therefore she has done something right. She is the necessary evolutionary adaptation to our times and this is why she disturbs people: This is what we must all become.

Indestructibly vacant.

Jason Louv is the editor and author of the books Generation Hex, Ultraculture and Thee Psychick Bible, and a blogger at the popular culture journal Dangerous Minds.

lmao @ "she is the anti-Tiger Woods"

Living-jism
03-21-2010, 08:13 PM
Just been to her concert, it's fucking mean!!!! But, from her banters etc you still get the whole "rich white girl gone ultra/liberal" vibe. It's embarrasing when she says she hates money and we can all be ourselves etc.

Edgar Erebus
03-22-2010, 12:06 PM
Good God... A necessary step in evolution says he...
Well I don't think you have to be a fat tranny hooker who's tone deaf just to be a success.
I guess if you are in the market of 14 year old white girls and effeminate homosexuals, it might be a different story.

Others don't matter, I thought you realized that already.

Rollo
03-22-2010, 12:13 PM
Others don't matter, I thought you realized that already.

In regard to the industry? I think other people matter monetarily.
Granted, that group becoming the majority.

ALCATRAZ
03-22-2010, 12:19 PM
i dont understand all the hype over this bitch... someone the other day said she is the female version of marilyn manson... i've also heard people say she is our generations madonna... are these niggaz hearin/seein the same chick i am? what is the fuckin science god

WARPATH
03-22-2010, 12:22 PM
Lady Gaga is the boogey man? LOL

Ghost In The 'Lac
03-22-2010, 12:24 PM
i hate to think what you faggots wouldve made of Madonna when she was making them black jesus videos and shit

Uncle Steezo
03-22-2010, 03:17 PM
lada gaga is an industry creation.

this is stephani giomatta
bNq1jSqakIQ

i mean really. there is not a single glimmer of gaga. even madonna and prince and any other "abstract" artist was that was before the fame.

unless she is trying to be a dagger in the heart of what a celebrity is supposed to be by blowing the image up beyond 1upmanship.

idk.

Living-jism
03-23-2010, 11:51 PM
People prop up Lady gaga as some sort of hero for the oppressed (for gays and "freaks") anyway. But as my friend puts it, "She only cares about previlaged gay white people."

I honestly can't see how showing cliched freaky/well off looking trannies is helping the gay movement. I also don't see her taking the visual style of "homothugs".

Funny she reckons she's some sort of a feminist, but promotes the glam rock genre when it's one of the most brainless/sexist music genre to have ever existed.

praise the almitey W
03-24-2010, 11:39 AM
i think its safe to say noone is going to listen to her talk about how we're all materialistic because ppl just don't care plus she dresses in revealing garb that men can jack off too and she has a penis and is for gay rights so we need someone more influencial.
also her having a penis doesnt make her on the same status as men,bcause thats just the way it is

Living-jism
03-25-2010, 06:25 PM
She doesn't have a dick ffs!

macattackk
03-25-2010, 07:50 PM
lady gaga is gangster

EAGLE EYE
03-25-2010, 08:16 PM
March
Document Actions

http://www.digitalmusicnews.com/print_icon.gif (javascript:this.print();)

Lady Gaga: Three Videos, One Billion Views... (http://www.digitalmusicnews.com/stories/032410gaga)

Just how big is the Lady Gaga machine? According to one stat surfacing Wednesday, Gaga has now amassed an impressive one billion video views - on her top three videos alone. The 'True Reach' figure was offered by Visible Measures, whose '100 Million Club (http://www.visiblemeasures.com/hundred)' includes a scant 65 videos. Of that, Gaga places with "Poker Face" (374.6 million views), "Just Dance" (272.9 million), and "Bad Romance" (360 million).
Actually, Gaga is at the vanguard of a continued music video attack. Soulja Boy has grabbed 722.4 million views on "Crank That" alone, and other heavy-hitters include Susan Boyle, Michael Jackson, Beyonce, and of course, Rick Astley. Collectively, music videos make up more than half of the 'Club' list, mostly from professionally-generated (not user-generated) pieces.
Report by Alexandra Osorio.

macattackk
03-25-2010, 08:59 PM
March
Document Actions

http://www.digitalmusicnews.com/print_icon.gif (javascript:this.print();)

Lady Gaga: Three Videos, One Billion Views... (http://www.digitalmusicnews.com/stories/032410gaga)

Just how big is the Lady Gaga machine? According to one stat surfacing Wednesday, Gaga has now amassed an impressive one billion video views - on her top three videos alone. The 'True Reach' figure was offered by Visible Measures, whose '100 Million Club (http://www.visiblemeasures.com/hundred)' includes a scant 65 videos. Of that, Gaga places with "Poker Face" (374.6 million views), "Just Dance" (272.9 million), and "Bad Romance" (360 million).
Actually, Gaga is at the vanguard of a continued music video attack. Soulja Boy has grabbed 722.4 million views on "Crank That" alone, and other heavy-hitters include Susan Boyle, Michael Jackson, Beyonce, and of course, Rick Astley. Collectively, music videos make up more than half of the 'Club' list, mostly from professionally-generated (not user-generated) pieces.
Report by Alexandra Osorio.

tits

Living-jism
03-25-2010, 10:05 PM
Her and Beyonce... dammmm

macattackk
03-25-2010, 10:11 PM
Her and Beyonce... dammmm

yea they got a lot of power.... hopefully theyll use it wisely

DiGitalChamberz
03-28-2010, 07:41 PM
bullshit aside i do like her wild fashion creativeness and her music isnt too bad.. shes an "artist" and a rather good one imo.. take it for what it is ;)

Living-jism
03-28-2010, 07:57 PM
^word, I suppose I got abit cynical about her "politics".

DiGitalChamberz
03-28-2010, 08:16 PM
i think the world needs more Free people like that... true human expression raw n uncut... you gotta love ppl who keep it real but like i said bullshit aside lol cuz she do look a lil tranny-ish but thats neither here nor there imo lmao

Living-jism
03-28-2010, 08:27 PM
lol, I think she did it on purpose.

DiGitalChamberz
03-28-2010, 10:41 PM
of course.... where do you think she got the name "Fame Monster" from?? lol shes smart to know how this world works n wat sells... any publicity is good publicity

KaramelSundae
03-29-2010, 01:05 AM
my husband hates on her cuz shes tranny.

i dont give a fuck
i still listen to her songs.

:tease:

Living-jism
03-29-2010, 03:50 PM
my husband hates on her cuz shes tranny.

i dont give a fuck
i still listen to her songs.

:tease:

That speedy mafuckah is a lil bitch!

SHRAP
04-05-2010, 12:15 PM
lady stupid is that bitch. careful or her alien brain might pick up your hating signals and she will come to your home to record a new #1 single with the beat consisting of her nutsack slapping against your ass