PDA

View Full Version : Who is the mahdi

LORD NOSE
03-19-2010, 10:17 AM
Mahdi (mä'dē) [Arab.,=he who is divinely guided], in Sunni Islam, the restorer of the faith. He will appear at the end of time to restore justice on earth and establish universal Islam.

The Mahdi will be preceded by al-Dajjal, a Muslim antichrist, who will be slain by Jesus.

This belief is not rooted in the Qur'an but has its origins in Jewish ideas about the Messiah and in the Christian belief of the second coming of Jesus. Among the Shiites the concept of the Mahdi takes a different form (see imam).

In the history of Islam, many men have arisen who claimed to be the Mahdi. They usually appeared as reformers antagonistic to established authority.

The best known of these in the West was Muhammad Ahmad, 1844–85, a Muslim religious leader in the Anglo-Egyptian Sudan. He declared himself in 1881 to be the Mahdi and led a war of liberation from the oppressive Egyptian military occupation.

He died soon after capturing Khartoum. In his reform of Islam the Mahdi forbade the pilgrimage to Mecca and substituted the obligation to serve in the holy war against unbelievers. His followers, known as Mahdists, for a time made pilgrimages to his tomb at Omdurman.

The final defeat of the Mahdists in 1898 at Omdurman by an Anglo-Egyptian army under Lord Kitchener gave Great Britain control of Sudan.

there's more

SID
03-19-2010, 10:44 AM
Sunny why do you keep making threads about religious mythology?

LORD NOSE
03-19-2010, 11:01 AM
cause that's what i want to do at this time

SID
03-19-2010, 11:02 AM
why?

Rollo
03-19-2010, 11:03 AM
I think it's interesting.
I think religion is a puzzle into our origins.
Even if not as organisms than as cultures.

They're all so very different, but so very similar at the same time.

LORD NOSE
03-19-2010, 11:05 AM
why?

why do you wanna know my intentions ?

Sleep Sinatra
03-21-2010, 04:00 PM
Mahdi (mä'dē) [Arab.,=he who is divinely guided], in Sunni Islam, the restorer of the faith. He will appear at the end of time to restore justice on earth and establish universal Islam.

The Mahdi will be preceded by al-Dajjal, a Muslim antichrist, who will be slain by Jesus.

This belief is not rooted in the Qur'an but has its origins in Jewish ideas about the Messiah and in the Christian belief of the second coming of Jesus. Among the Shiites the concept of the Mahdi takes a different form (see imam).

In the history of Islam, many men have arisen who claimed to be the Mahdi. They usually appeared as reformers antagonistic to established authority.

The best known of these in the West was Muhammad Ahmad, 1844–85, a Muslim religious leader in the Anglo-Egyptian Sudan. He declared himself in 1881 to be the Mahdi and led a war of liberation from the oppressive Egyptian military occupation.

He died soon after capturing Khartoum. In his reform of Islam the Mahdi forbade the pilgrimage to Mecca and substituted the obligation to serve in the holy war against unbelievers. His followers, known as Mahdists, for a time made pilgrimages to his tomb at Omdurman.

The final defeat of the Mahdists in 1898 at Omdurman by an Anglo-Egyptian army under Lord Kitchener gave Great Britain control of Sudan.

there's more

Peace For The Gems...Knowledge Knowledge God..

zooruka
03-21-2010, 05:24 PM
I believe that when the anti christ arises, muslims will hail him as the mahdi and will worship him as such....The reason is because the bible says only God`s faithful will resist him and muslims don`t fall into this catagory....only christians and messianic Jews are the faithful elect.

lol @ muslims theology saying that when Jesus comes back he will pray behind the mahdi hahahahahahahahahahahahaha lmao.

Praise be to GOD and his son JESUS CHRIST !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

peace be with you !

TheBoarzHeadBoy
03-22-2010, 03:10 PM
I think that the person that the Muslims declare the Mahdi will be declared the anti Christ by the Christians leading to a super crusade ended by an intervention of the Buddha who will announce that Christ was just a follower of Buddhist teachings and that all these cat's is crazy thinking that shit's about to happen. Then we can go back to our regular lives and all the religious people will doubt it ever happened.

Sham-iLL
03-22-2010, 07:31 PM
then i roll buddah up in a joint, smoke, and become an ascended master in heaven, replacing all ex-morning stars. teeheehee

praise the almitey W
03-24-2010, 10:29 AM
I think it's interesting.
I think religion is a puzzle into our origins.
Even if not as organisms than as cultures.

They're all so very different, but so very similar at the same time.

i feel the same way i always want hear or read the stories about each religion leading back to pagans because it interests me on how far a religion has come or changed.
i also wonder why so many religious ppl overreact or strike in the face of danger
religion is a subject that is really touchy but looking into it makes you understand more

Hellspawn
03-31-2010, 05:58 PM

There's also about 50 hadiths speakin about the Mahdi.

I believe that when the anti christ arises, muslims will hail him as the mahdi and will worship him as such....The reason is because the bible says only God`s faithful will resist him and muslims don`t fall into this catagory....

No, muslims believe these are two distinct persons, The Christians Anti-christ and the muslim's Anti-christ are the same one. The MAhdi is another story.