PDA

View Full Version : The Machinist

Ozmosis
10-03-2005, 03:04 AM
Anyone seen this movie its about a year old but damn it was good i saw it this weekend.

killabee_1993
10-03-2005, 04:16 AM
Yea man, it was a good movie. I kinda heard about it and didnt do anything about it. But after I saw Batman Begins, then I rented it. Its a trippy movie, its got a good performance by Christian Bale. Hes an underrated actor. Did u catch Batman Begins? IMO, I think that it was the best batman movie. American Psycho is great too

Ozmosis
10-03-2005, 04:18 PM
yeah batman begins was great really sets the bar for superhero movies

MefMan36
10-03-2005, 05:31 PM
I got it on DVD, its str8. I cant believe he got that skinny just for a movie!

Longbongcilvaringz
12-29-2006, 12:35 PM
i saw this today, i was a bit sceptical about it, but in the end i thought it was a well made movie.

the plot fitted together well, and christian bale was good in it, crazy amount of weight to loose.

TAURO
12-29-2006, 12:39 PM
Yeah this is a great movie 8/10

Bloo
01-01-2007, 05:09 AM
I knew this was gonna be a good movie, it opened with the main character rolling a body up in a rug. Definately a good watch cause it makes you think..

V4D3R
01-01-2007, 05:38 AM
Underated for sure like I said in my Harsh Time thread - peep that movie peeps if you want to see some method acting.

Realise to the guy is British- wicked with the american accent.

ironwizard
01-01-2007, 09:15 AM
Good movie. Equally trippy and scary. Bale is a great actor, and his appearence in the movie adds a lot to his character and the overall atmosphere. Was a bit dissapointed with the ending, though.

Longbongcilvaringz
01-01-2007, 12:10 PM
on the cover of the copy i saw, it had the comparison between this and with Momento and Fight Club.

which do you guys think is better, to me its equal with "Momento" and a bit below "Fight Club". fight club when i first saw it was tripped out, the twist never even occured to me while i was watching it, while with "The Machinist" it was more an exploration of his insomnia and what it was doing to him. "Momento" was totally different, the twist in that was unexpected for me also, and the memory thing sort of added a dimension.

anyway, drop some thoughts on them.

V4D3R
01-01-2007, 02:58 PM
When it comes to mind fucc movies - I think A Scanner Darkly tops the cake.

ironwizard
01-02-2007, 11:58 AM
^^I would love to see A Scanner Darkly, but it hasnīt come to Denmark yet... it sucks...

V4D3R
01-02-2007, 12:28 PM
^^ It came to Bittorrent and emule

BRASSKNUCKLED PAI MEI
01-03-2007, 12:37 PM
on the cover of the copy i saw, it had the comparison between this and with Momento and Fight Club.

which do you guys think is better, to me its equal with "Momento" and a bit below "Fight Club". fight club when i first saw it was tripped out, the twist never even occured to me while i was watching it, while with "The Machinist" it was more an exploration of his insomnia and what it was doing to him. "Momento" was totally different, the twist in that was unexpected for me also, and the memory thing sort of added a dimension.

anyway, drop some thoughts on them.

Fight Club is GOAT to me...
Memento was very original...
The Machinist was a very good movie...

Good movie. Equally trippy and scary. Bale is a great actor, and his appearence in the movie adds a lot to his character and the overall atmosphere. Was a bit dissapointed with the ending, though.

Dissappointed at the end??? He was in Limbo the entire time thats what made the movie so interesting...

FrenchShin
01-05-2007, 06:00 PM
great great... props to Bale, he's amazing. fucking skinny, i hope he charged double for that !

well, to me it makes no difference that the scenario was a Memento-like, that kind of stories was actually older than Memento. good movie.