PDA

View Full Version : Some Observations on KTL

noel411
03-26-2010, 06:24 PM
As I have browsed here occasionally since signing up, I have noticed that very few people who post here actually seem to be "deep thinkers" at all, or explore their mental capabilities any further than the average Joe.

There has always been a large focus in this place upon essentially worthless shit like conspiracy theories, masons, the illuminati, religion, and a whole host of other meaningless shit that people mostly feign an interest in because they falsely believe it makes them appear intelligent. Topics addressed and discussed often reflect the same ridiculous babble that pretentious rappers rap about in order to try to appear intelligent.

And this is not to say that there is no value in discussing topics such as religion, politics, government and such, just that it is apparent that a lot of people here only pretend to be interested in such things, or even convince themselves that they are interested in such things, in order to appear to be "deep" or of above average intelligence. Sadly it often only serves to make a person look pretentious, lost and impressionable.

The large focus on Afrocentric based topics further serves to demonstrate how impressionable many people here are.

Even when I have seen discussions in here which centre around a deeper exploration of seemingly basic day to day topics or aspects of life, a lot of people seem to have nothing to contribute other than some pretentious shit they read in a book or heard someone else say. Sure I don't know the people who post here and can't definitively conclude what their intentions or motivations are, but it is evident to me when reading a lot of posts here that the poster is speaking with pretence, quite likely unknowingly, and more concerned about trying to appear to be of an above average intelligence than actually exploring their own thoughts, observations and feelings, and expanding upon them through discussion on the observations of other people here.

This is not an attack on anybody here, or on the forum in general. Nor do I intend to insult anybody or devalue their interests or their journey through life. It is merely something to think about.

Come Honor Face
03-26-2010, 06:38 PM
^^^You are correct.

Rollo
03-26-2010, 07:37 PM
There has always been a large focus in this place upon essentially worthless shit like conspiracy theories, masons, the illuminati, religion, and a whole host of other meaningless shit that people mostly feign an interest in because they falsely believe it makes them appear intelligent.

And in your mind, what makes religion conspiracy and the illuminati worthless?
Many think those are interesting topics...

pretentious shit they read in a book or heard someone else say.

I think it's pretentious to think there is such a thing as an original idea.
In the words of Sir Arthur Conan Doyle's Sherlock Holmes "Everything under the sun's been done, there is nothing new." To not use books or knowledge that's been passed on from others, what would we have to build our ideas upon?

Of course people will use what they hear and learn from books and other media, but that's not a bad thing. I can assure you, the whole of the Wu board is not going to be acedemics. I'd prefer if they brought that with them. After all, it would be better to have a reference in certain studies as opposed to some ideas your average Wu-tang fan thought up in their own mind. Especially in regard to physical sciences or theology.

Nor do I intend to insult anybody or devalue their interests or their journey through life.

So calling people pretentious is a compliment?
Come on now lol you went in, don't back peddle.

Life isn't about the journey, only the end result.

Visionz
03-26-2010, 07:40 PM
@Noel
So how about bringing some new topics of conversation to the table?

Your post reeks of "I sooooo above all you people" arrogance whether its intended or not.

If you're not part of the solution then you're part of the problem.

WARPATH
03-26-2010, 09:31 PM
I noticed that the hard questions alway go unanswered by the "experts."

@Noel

Your post reeks of "I sooooo above all you people" arrogance whether its intended or not.

Maybe brining light to these issues is a way to solve the problems.

right now at this moment I am promoting choice theory:

The Ten Axioms of Choice Theory
1. The only person whose behavior we can control is our own.
2. All we can give another person is information.
3. All long-lasting psychological problems are relationship problems.
4. The problem relationship is always part of our present life.
5. What happened in the past has everything to do with what we are today, but we can only satisfy our basic needs right now and plan to continue satisfying them in the future.
6. We can only satisfy our needs by satisfying the pictures in our Quality World.
7. All we do is behave.
8. All behavior is Total Behavior and is made up of four components: acting, thinking, feeling and physiology
9. All Total Behavior is chosen, but we only have direct control over the acting and thinking components. We can only control our feeling and physiology indirectly through how we choose to act and think.
10. All Total Behavior is designated by verbs and named by the part that is the most recognizable.

Basically, the best way to build is if you don't have anything positive to contribute, than don't.

LORD NOSE
03-26-2010, 09:47 PM
As I have browsed here occasionally since signing up, I have noticed that very few people who post here actually seem to be "deep thinkers" at all, or explore their mental capabilities any further than the average Joe.

what kind of people would you like to see here ?

There has always been a large focus in this place upon essentially worthless shit like conspiracy theories, masons, the illuminati, religion, and a whole host of other meaningless shit that people mostly feign an interest in....

mostly ?

you're not interested in this place ?

.... because they falsely believe it makes them appear intelligent.

you must be much more intelligent than they are

Topics addressed and discussed often reflect the same ridiculous babble that pretentious rappers rap about in order to try to appear intelligent.

ah B rappin N ah B gehtin doe tho

And this is not to say that there is no value in discussing topics such as religion, politics, government and such, just that it is apparent that a lot of people here only pretend to be interested in such things, or even convince themselves that they are interested in such things, in order to appear to be "deep" or of above average intelligence.

you don't like it when people do that

Sadly it often only serves to make a person look pretentious, lost and impressionable.

and you brought no light in their time of trouble ?

The large focus on Afrocentric based topics further serves to demonstrate how impressionable many people here are.

hold on - let me look that up....

Even when I have seen discussions in here which centre around a deeper exploration of seemingly basic day to day topics or aspects of life, a lot of people seem to have nothing to contribute other than some pretentious shit they read in a book or heard someone else say.

then

tell us what to say

Sure I don't know the people who post here and can't definitively conclude what their intentions or motivations are, but it is evident to me when reading a lot of posts here that the poster is speaking with pretence, quite likely unknowingly, and more concerned about trying to appear to be of an above average intelligence than actually exploring their own thoughts, observations and feelings, and expanding upon them through discussion on the observations of other people here.

they should be more intelligent than they are

MKHS_ju98724

This is not an attack on anybody here, or on the forum in general. Nor do I intend to insult anybody or devalue their interests or their journey through life. It is merely something to think about.

YOU DOUBLE TONGUED BASTARD

YOU CAN'T END THE BOOK LIKE THIS !!!

noel411
03-26-2010, 10:04 PM
And in your mind, what makes religion conspiracy and the illuminati worthless?
Many think those are interesting topics...
Admittedly "worthless" was not the best word to use. I didn't like using it and took a moment to try to come up with a more fitting word but couldn't. Basically what I intended to express is that discussions and research on those topics are rarely of any benefit to anybody. That's not to say that they're not worth discussing. Just that it's not really gonna get you anywhere.
I think it's pretentious to think there is such a thing as an original idea.
In the words of Sir Arthur Conan Doyle's Sherlock Holmes "Everything under the sun's been done, there is nothing new." To not use books or knowledge that's been passed on from others, what would we have to build our ideas upon?

Of course people will use what they hear and learn from books and other media, but that's not a bad thing. I can assure you, the whole of the Wu board is not going to be acedemics. I'd prefer if they brought that with them. After all, it would be better to have a reference in certain studies as opposed to some ideas your average Wu-tang fan thought up in their own mind. Especially in regard to physical sciences or theology.
Again, my mistake with not adequately expressing my point. What I meant to suggest is that people will say some pretentious shit they've read in a book or heard someone else say, just because they like the sound of it. Not because it actually conveys their own thoughts fittingly. Sometimes they won't even understand the shit they are quoting.
So calling people pretentious is a compliment?
Come on now lol you went in, don't back peddle.
Well sure some of what I said is insulting to people, but to insult people was not the intention of my saying it.
@Noel
It's not about me, dude. I'm just making some observations of what I've seen in here. I'm not saying it has to stop. I'm not saying I'm above what goes on in here. I'm not saying I could do any better. I'm just giving some food for thought dawg, get a plate.

Though I will say that when I have posted topics in here over the years, which tend to be outside of what people generally discuss here, very few people seem to have any interest in them.
Well that was unavoidable really, despite the fact it is not at all the case. I am just making some observations on what I see here. It has nothing to do with me. As I said earlier I do not for a second think I am "above" anybody else here. It was not my intention to suggest that I am. It is never my intention, here or anywhere else.

When I posted this thread I planned to just leave it and not respond to the replies because I hate getting caught up in these on-going discussions in which I seem to always just be clarifying things that I've already said. Well it's about 3 posts in and I just couldn't fucking help myself, ha. Man I've got some issues.

Also, I typed this reply in between serving about 800 fucking customers so it's surely very poorly worded and will likely only serve to make my point even less clear. Shit ay.

Uncle Steezo
03-27-2010, 12:22 PM
Basically what I intended to express is that discussions and research on those topics are rarely of any benefit to anybody.

I'm not saying it has to stop. I'm not saying I'm above what goes on in here. I'm not saying I could do any better.

so what you are saying is, people should not discuss things that have no value like making blanket statements about the forum when they themselves don't even think things should change or that its a bad thing?

you do realize thats what you did right?

PALEFORCE
03-27-2010, 01:54 PM
ironic

PALEFORCE
03-27-2010, 01:59 PM
u know what i observe about discussing topics in general???

people that dont know shit about shit thinking their opinion is law

i dont care if people agree with me or not...that not what i look for in an intelligent discussion or being

but you got to have an open mind

its one of those things that speak louder then words...

and youll continue to think you have it until you actually do

PALEFORCE
03-27-2010, 02:05 PM
...you know what im saying??

youll not find 1 person that says they have a closed mind....

only when you have an open one will you be able to recognize who really does

to know the truth you got to practice it

real recognize real

PALEFORCE
03-27-2010, 02:09 PM
knowledge is power mother fucker
ignore whatever aspects of this world you want to

Robert
03-27-2010, 02:36 PM
@ PALEHORSE: How exactly do you, of all people, have an open mind?

On many occassions you have insulted other posters who do not agree with your point of view. Many people are doing this, the same tired bullshit about other people being sheep, pawns, zombies etc.

The thing is, most people in this subforum don't want to be educated, they just want their own views reaffirmed by likeminded individuals.

Fuck it Noel. Some of these people are having debates about whether evolution occurred or not and whether climate change is a fallacy, with a primary school level understanding of both.

This place is taking it back to the dark ages.

Then SUNNY wonders why people like TSA and Bateman come in here and troll.

LORD NOSE
03-27-2010, 02:46 PM
@ PALEHORSE: How exactly do you, of all people, have an open mind?

On many occassions you have insulted other posters who do not agree with your point of view. Many people are doing this, the same tired bullshit about other people being sheep, pawns, zombies etc.

The thing is, most people in this subforum don't want to be educated, they just want their own views reaffirmed by likeminded individuals.

Fuck it Noel. Some of these people are having debates about whether evolution occurred or not and whether climate change is a fallacy, with a primary school level understanding of both.

This place is taking it back to the dark ages.

so why do you come here ?

it's like europe and america on someone elses land complaining about the peoples names being High Feather and Running Cougar wanting them to change it to robert englund and danny friedberg

Then SUNNY wonders why people like TSA and Bateman come in here and troll.

i don't wonder why at all - i know why - it is because they are silly

if they indeed feel that majority of the people in here are stupid, then them coming in here trolling is like college students going into a 7th grade classroom acting up because the 7th grade work isn't hard enough for them

those of you who constantly complain about KTL, but never put up any relevant threads or add anything of worth to the threads that exist, are the real fools - why complain to a burger king manager about his fries not tasting like mcdonalds frys when you can just go to mcdonalds - yall niggas is parasites

Robert
03-27-2010, 03:00 PM
so why do you come here?

i rarely do. Sometimes i stumble upon something interesting and comment when i feel i have a contribution to make. However, i will not be getting into those circular, tired discussions anymore.

it's like europe and america on someone elses land complaining about the peoples names being high feather and running cougar wanting them to change it to robert englund and danny friedberg

it's nothing like that.

those of you who constantly complain about ktl, but never put up any relevant threads or add anything of worth to the threads that exist, are the real fools

i don't constantly complain and when i do contribute to threads i'd like to think i bring something to the table.

shem hetep.

PALEFORCE
03-27-2010, 03:05 PM
your a smart guy. why dont u start a thread and teach us about marine biology or something like that??

instead of coming here bashing other peoples research

Robert
03-27-2010, 03:19 PM
your a smart guy. why dont u start a thread and teach us about marine biology or something like that??

Good point.

instead of coming here bashing other peoples research

I'm not bashing other people's research. Calling other people sheep, idiots, drones etc is unproductive and discourages intelligent discussion.

That is my point.

Cambia nada.

PALEFORCE
03-27-2010, 03:38 PM
truth hurts

whether you realize it or not

the real people the rule this world look at you like livestock

a human resource

please tell me a better more politically correct way to convey this.

they drug up your food water and air

to make you subservient

to weaken your will and make you open to suggestion

so they can prosper from the fruits of your labor.

Prolifical ENG
03-27-2010, 03:53 PM
There has always been a large focus in this place upon essentially worthless shit like conspiracy theories, masons, the illuminati, religion

Although those topics have always been active in KTL, right now they are just dominant. When ENG and LHX posted more often (like in 2006) this wasnt the case and it had more balance in a sense. Saying that, those topics that are currently focused (conspiracy theories, masons, the illuminati, religion) can't really be seen as a bad thing.

All topics could be seen to relate to each other, almost like a wheel of subjects.

However, it can be seen as a good or bad thing that KTL always had a yin and yang concept to it, being the topics and the posters themselves.

Uncle Steezo
03-27-2010, 07:20 PM
i think the argument against evolution and climate change revolves around the context in which it is being discussed.

i don't think, tho i may be wrong, anyone is arguing against change in biology or environment.

PALEFORCE
03-27-2010, 07:32 PM
i dont think climate change(or global warming.....the tv doesnt say that no more) is caused by humans

Uncle Steezo
03-27-2010, 08:05 PM
every planet in our system is heating up.

Robert
03-29-2010, 11:51 AM
i don't think, tho i may be wrong, anyone is arguing against change in biology or environment.

Some people are, although I won't be naming any names.

Robert
03-29-2010, 12:02 PM
i dont think climate change is caused by humans

Fair enough, it is almost impossible to attribute our emissions directly to the changes occurring within the climate system.

However, I think it is probable this is the case. Either way, we are probably going to have some problems in the future.

For example, if ocean acidity continues to rise (which it undoubtably will) phytoplankton responsible for sustaining the majority of life on Earth (in terms of oxygen output) are going to start dying. The higher acidity, brought about by the ocean taking in more carbon dioxide, dissolves their calcium carbonate skeletons.

It doesn't take a rocket scientist (or even a climatologist) to work out that if you eliminate the producers from marine ecosystems, you are going to start having serious issues.

WARPATH
03-29-2010, 04:32 PM
Maybe a thread that encourages people to post their educational back grounds is in order. Maybe at least then we all can't be considered crazies if we can show that we've had schooling from some kind of organized institute. That's what ya'll respect right?

Rollo
03-29-2010, 04:51 PM
Elitism... that's a cop out and it stands to make people dislike this forum even more than they already do.
Scholastic achievement doesn't make you correct.

There are scientists who have achieved great things without any college level education what so ever.
Am I supposed to think that people from a Wu-tang board are superior with their insights because they have gone to grad scool for liberal arts? Or have a four year degree in business management?

Not trying to be a dick or anything, but what makes the people criticizing any better than the rest here? Because they say so?

A Dean Of Virus
03-29-2010, 09:20 PM
Elitism... that's a cop out and it stands to make people dislike this forum even more than they already do.

There are scientists who have achieved great things without any college level education what so ever.
Am I supposed to think that people from a Wu-tang board are superior with their insights because they have gone to grad scool for liberal arts? Or have a four year degree in business management?

Not trying to be a dick or anything, but what makes the people criticizing any better than the rest here? Because they say so?

word...I go to a school (PM me if you want to know...although admins probably do already) where everyone thinks they're the shit because of the name...and I'm like "dude...calm the fuck down you're a 19 year old kid just like me, you're not a god"...so many pseudo-intellectuals who will praise bull fuckin shit that's stated eloquently and bash true fuckin shit that's stated colloquially. I don't know what's worse, that or GPA whoring pre-meds.

PALEFORCE
03-29-2010, 10:28 PM
do u people understand why i am god?

tell me

do you understand why sunny says he is god?

tell me

do u understand who the ruler of this world are/is

tell me

do you people understand what we talk about in KTL

or do you just go "i dont understand this, i never heard thi in schools, so it must be wrong"

understanding is the basics

V4D3R
03-30-2010, 10:00 AM
:nonono:
Your being silly and very egotistical my friend.

WARPATH
03-30-2010, 10:40 AM

Before when we had questions about evolution, My First Timbs was the go to guy, because that was his area.

If we have questions about marine life, that would be Robert........

But I do agree with you still, a piece of paper doesn't mean shit......

Prolifical ENG
03-30-2010, 04:05 PM

I never thought the whole thing was about school. Before it was about where the poster got their information from. A few years back everyone got questioned on their sources if a concept was far from sound.

People always question concepts in academia and there is nothing wrong with that. The structure behind it is what makes it good.

There are indeed people that have achieved great things with no collage education.

On the other hand there are people that have been called out on bullshit. That is, they did bad in school and come in with the "school is not for me" and "education brainwashes people" attitudes. Some people try to make up for their crappy GPA in high school by learning all this trivial knowledge from the internet to make themselves seem smart but they still look like an idiot.

If you are younger and lack education, it is harder to sell an idea but not impossible. If you are older and more experienced, education starts to become less relevant even if you dont have much. Same with finding a job as your work experience when it starts outweighing whatever degree you acquired.

Rollo
03-31-2010, 12:35 AM
I never thought the whole thing was about school. Before it was about where the poster got their information from. A few years back everyone got questioned on their sources if a concept was far from sound.

People always question concepts in academia and there is nothing wrong with that. The structure behind it is what makes it good.

There are indeed people that have achieved great things with no collage education.

On the other hand there are people that have been called out on bullshit. That is, they did bad in school and come in with the "school is not for me" and "education brainwashes people" attitudes. Some people try to make up for their crappy GPA in high school by learning all this trivial knowledge from the internet to make themselves seem smart but they still look like an idiot.

If you are younger and lack education, it is harder to sell an idea but not impossible. If you are older and more experienced, education starts to become less relevant even if you dont have much. Same with finding a job as your work experience when it starts outweighing whatever degree you acquired.

I understand.
However, as someone who himself was never a good student, I would tell you those people who often staked their pride on a high GPA in highschool, a good deal of the time are the very same people I look down on now.
I half assed my way through grade school, highschool on to college. I'm now here and realizing just how completely and utterly meaningless formal education is.

Everything that is taught in school is nothing more than memorization of what the teacher/prof/course instructor wants to hear. That kind of learning is absolutely useless.
As an MBI student, I get to work with some things in the field such as bacterial cultures... but other than that, I'm not going to use a God damn thing I learned there because most of it thus far is trivial knowledge.

Come grad school, I'm sure I'll get more lab experience if I choose to continue with this major though... Still I wouldn't stake a comment's worth on a person's education. Educated people are often immune to simple reason.

I have no idea what I want to do in life... I've never been interested in anything, I hate the human condition and consider it nothing more than sentimental garbage. What then is my motivation to go through the formal education process? I'd rather learn because I'm curious as opposed to having justified my own self importance.
If you have to do that, you likely weren't worth shit as a person to start.

Mind my babble...I go through negative streaks a lot.

Prolifical ENG
03-31-2010, 08:11 AM
Everything that is taught in school is nothing more than memorization of what the teacher/prof/course instructor wants to hear. That kind of learning is absolutely useless.

That is mostly grade school. The memorization part is what makes it easy. In a good post secondary program having material memorized will increase your grade by less that 10% on well made tests. Not understanding the fundamental concepts and not knowing how to solve the problems will cause you to fail. What the prof wants to hear is that you fully understand the concepts introduced and can apply them and be able to build on the concepts yourself.

Regurgitating information from a text will kill you. Therefore I agree the academic system when it comes to grades is flawed. If there were no grades you would be able to learn a lot.

Dumb & Dumber
03-31-2010, 09:46 AM
What's KTL?

WARPATH
03-31-2010, 10:21 AM
The problem I see with KTL is a lot of people don't have the basics in biology, psychology, history pre 1492...........science and social studies in general.

I suggested we have a thread that gives people a overview of our education, or the things we like to study- formal or informal- doesn't matter.

I get tired of hearing people telling me I don't understand "something" just because I don't support that "something." Or because I don't use "Anchor man talk" as Sunny would put it.

I mean, I went to school and did the whole education bit. I'm pretty fucking wise on a lot of topics, but because I also support spirituality I won't be taken seriously on some topics. Some times I feel like (and do) tell these kids to shut the fuck up when grown folks are talking.

praise the almitey W
04-01-2010, 11:59 AM
@Noel

i agree visionz
he should bring some new topics some of us enjoy this because we learn more
about what goes on,whats going on,or what has happened in the passed, or whats going to happen. we even get into more details about other things ive actually learned alot from other ppl on this website.