View Full Version : Erykah Badu : NA2: Return of the Ankh

J-DON
03-26-2010, 11:59 PM
great album with some dope production

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/New_Amerykah_Part_Two_%28Return_of_the_Ankh%29

Track listing

"20 Feet Tall" (Produced by Erykah Badu and 9th Wonder) 3:24
"Window Seat" (Produced by James Poyser) 4:50
"Agitation" (Produced by Erykah Badu and Shafiq Husayn of SA-RA Creative Partners) (Contains a sample of "Just As I Thought" by David Sancious (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/David_Sancious).) 1:33
"Turn Me Away (Get Munny)" (Produced by Erykah Badu and Karriem Riggins (drums), Stephen "Thundercat" Bruner (bass), James Poyser (keys), Tommy Trajlio (guitar), Mike "Chav" Chavarria (mooger fooger) (Contains an interpolation of "Can't Turn Me Away", by Sylvia Striplin (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sylvia_Striplin)) 5:26
"Gone Baby, Don't Be Long" (Produced by Erykah Badu and Ta'Raach) (Contains a sample of "Arrow Through Me (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Arrow_Through_Me)" by Wings (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wings_%28band%29).) 4:40
"Umm Hmm" (Produced by Erykah Badu and Madlib) 3:46
"Love" (Produced by Erykah Badu and J Dilla) 6:01
"You Loving Me (Session)" - 1:04
"Fall In Love (Your Funeral)" (Produced by Erykah Badu and Karriem Riggins) (Contains a sample of "Intimate Friends" by Eddie Kendricks (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eddie_Kendricks).) 6:06
"Incense" (Produced by Erykah Badu and Madlib featuring Kirsten Agresta (harp)) 3:26
"Out My Mind, Just In Time" (Part 1) (Produced by Erykah Badu featuring James Poyser (keys)); (Part 2) (Produced by Erykah Badu and Georgia Anne Muldrow); (Part 3) [7] (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/New_Amerykah_Part_Two_%28Return_of_the_Ankh%29#cit e_note-6) - 10:21

iTunes bonus track

"Jump Up In The Air and Stay There" Feat. Lil Wayne & Bilal (Produced by Erykah Badu, RC Williams and Jahborn) (Contains an interpolation of "Hydraulic Pump" by Parliament Funkadelic (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Parliament_Funkadelic).) - 4:25

11th Chamber
03-27-2010, 11:15 AM
surprised she doesnt have Jay Elec anywhere on this album at all

claaa7
03-27-2010, 11:54 AM
really good album, Badu is a great singer and the production on here is a perfect backdrop for her vocals. she really got that live, warm feeling she said she was striving for with the sound, Madlib or Dilla w/ Erykah is a great combination!

food for thought
03-27-2010, 07:29 PM
dope album.

this should be in the Hip Hop Shop.

?.

Uncle Steezo
03-27-2010, 09:52 PM
bout to check this out tonight. badu is that chick.

Uncle Steezo
03-27-2010, 11:07 PM
okay.

this shit is fire! she took it back to the basics. this sound and style is what made everyone fall in love with her. i DL'd it but i'ma go buy it tomorrow.

http://pinboard.files.wordpress.com/2008/06/erykah-badu-1.jpg

the title fits perfectly.

Mumm Ra
03-28-2010, 06:13 AM
DLing now, definitely looking forward to this...

kwabena1041
03-28-2010, 12:50 PM
good looking I love her

Uncle Steezo
03-28-2010, 01:42 PM
20 ft tall is my fav right now but i love them all.

food for thought
03-30-2010, 09:31 AM
im loving this shit right now.

she never disappoints

this is some great mornin music too

Uncle Steezo
03-30-2010, 10:06 AM
have you peeped the "window seat" vid? its in my sig.

badu butt booty nekkid at the kennedy assassination spot....

damn she got ass.

food for thought
03-30-2010, 10:08 AM
have you peeped the "window seat" vid? its in my sig.

badu butt booty nekkid at the kennedy assassination spot....

damn she got ass.

hahahaha what the fuck ??!!!

*plays video*

J.T.S.
03-30-2010, 10:15 AM
man she's a breath of fresh air today and she has a banging power-u

food for thought
03-30-2010, 10:16 AM
damn that shit was crazy

shes mad artistic.

and she got a fat ass and nobody knew it lol

oDoUoSoKo
03-30-2010, 10:25 AM
wtf...that video is awesome..look at the white guy at the end lookin at her tits..lmao. damn son..her ass is sick.

food for thought
03-30-2010, 10:26 AM
i think i love her.

oDoUoSoKo
03-30-2010, 10:28 AM
i think jay elect would take issue with that..eloels.

MaskedAvenger
03-30-2010, 10:55 AM
I'm gonna go listen to this now, yall niggaz talked it up.

IrOnMaN
03-30-2010, 03:39 PM
Nice reviews. I will buy the album whenever I can.

INF
03-30-2010, 05:11 PM
heard a track from this today in the record store while digging.I told dude to save me one when the wax shows up.the beat I heard didnt even sound like Madlib.Didnt lib do all the production?\

shit went hard regardless

INF
03-30-2010, 05:14 PM
WHAT!!! she likes Matt and Kim!!!!!! wtf! she never ceases to surprises me .

INF
03-30-2010, 05:16 PM
hahah thats some david banner caddy on 22s shit on the window seat vid.lol

INF
03-30-2010, 05:21 PM
thats woman right there.now I see why she flips cats wigs when she gets with em.it aint voodoo.its just that she is a real woman.

Mumm Ra
03-30-2010, 05:23 PM
oh yeah i peeped this yesterday - great album to play for the summertime

oDoUoSoKo
03-30-2010, 07:46 PM
you guys should form a group...mummy themed...rap to badu songs..eloels.

EAGLE EYE
03-30-2010, 07:54 PM
her face though...

shes starting to show her age

check two
03-30-2010, 09:03 PM
She walks naked down my street on the regular.

Uncle Steezo
03-30-2010, 09:41 PM
her face though...

shes starting to show her age
5sc_nQiuDN0

oDoUoSoKo
03-30-2010, 10:36 PM
lmao^

EAGLE EYE
03-30-2010, 11:07 PM
those facial expressions hahahahhahaa

Uncle Steezo
03-31-2010, 12:51 AM
i remember that performance on the phil donahue show.

Uncle Steezo
03-31-2010, 12:58 AM
thats woman right there.now I see why she flips cats wigs when she gets with em.it aint voodoo.its just that she is a real woman.

that cut "ur funeral(u don't wanna fall in love with me)" explains it all

"prepare to have yo shit rearranged the way i say....
we gonna take this shit from the top, u gon have to change jobs, and change Gods.."

thats my shit tho..

"gonna be sum slow singin n flower bringin if my burglar alarms starts ringin..."

you can tell she was listenin to alot of BIG while making this album, you got the get money beat, and a few biggie lyrics splashed in here an there.

EAGLE EYE
03-31-2010, 04:37 AM
wshhQkxlK4j4X638G2p7

lmao off at the hill billy. you know he's gonna have a hard time going home to pancake ass after this.

claaa7
03-31-2010, 06:36 AM
see how fucked up the morals are, i mean ooooh how fucking terrible for a little child to see a perfectly natural woman's naked body?? get the fuck outta here with that shit

oDoUoSoKo
03-31-2010, 09:25 AM
that ass aint natural....its a deity resting in her lower back.

KaramelSundae
04-01-2010, 12:15 AM
she always pack heat

TSA
04-01-2010, 12:42 AM
see how fucked up the morals are, i mean ooooh how fucking terrible for a little child to see a perfectly natural woman's naked body?? get the fuck outta here with that shit
nigga quit. it was offensive. if i went to burger king and started beating my dick i would get arrested. There would be no time for me to talk about the art of it or nothing, i would go to jail and be put on meds.

cum is just as natural as her body and though my dick doesn't have an god like buttocks attached to it being publically offensive and breaking the law is being publicly offensive and breaking the law.

Mumm Ra
04-01-2010, 01:30 AM
it's only publicly offensive for people who are offended by seeing a naked woman's body in public
you scared?
and a sexual act isn't the same as being naked, dumbass

EAGLE EYE
04-01-2010, 04:30 AM

Wait until Adam Lambert tries this shit. I'm sure you will defend him too.

Right?

BRONZBODY
04-01-2010, 07:41 AM
nigga quit. it was offensive. if i went to burger king and started beating my dick i would get arrested. There would be no time for me to talk about the art of it or nothing, i would go to jail and be put on meds.

cum is just as natural as her body and though my dick doesn't have an god like buttocks attached to it being publically offensive and breaking the law is being publicly offensive and breaking the law.ok tissa i see what you sayin son. but had this been ladyboy gaga who dosent have HALF body ms. badu has. would have done the same shit, it wouldnt have been a problem. she would have been called a genius. again i see ya point, kids dont need to see anybody out the blue getting naked. but if parents would be parent and make they kids go outside or read a fucking book instead of puttin em in fron of a fucking tv or xbox and leaving them there. things like this wouldnt be a problem.

but fuckin shit i had no idea she had a bubble like that....sweet jesus!!!

Mumm Ra
04-01-2010, 07:48 AM
i bet the parents thought more of it than the kids - kids know what a naked body looks like
that's different from showing them sexual shit though

Uncle Steezo
04-01-2010, 09:44 AM
we should destroy all nude paintings and sculptures cause that shit is offensive.
the human body itself is offensive.

africans especially are offensive cause they walk around with titties out.

tissa better never talk that i'm african shit EVER again.

food for thought
04-01-2010, 09:47 AM

ahahahahahah

aw lawd.

Uncle Steezo
04-01-2010, 09:58 AM
i just heard that some bitch is suing badu cause her child was traumatized.

issues
04-01-2010, 10:09 AM
Wu Tang should do a remake for their next video..

MsRzaRecTaH
04-01-2010, 10:50 AM
I love her new video and the message she sends- it's ALL about the message.
GROUP THINK muthaphuckas. Don't let anyone assassinate who you ARE. peace

TSA
04-01-2010, 01:51 PM
what a corn ball, played out clique 'im artistic and visionary' message.
the video was a flop cause it all boiled down to her phat ass.

it's only publicly offensive for people who are offended by seeing a naked woman's body in public
you scared?
and a sexual act isn't the same as being naked, dumbass
and shitting blood a Denys is only offensive to ppl that offended by the shitting of blood.

shitting blood isn't the same as a fuckin sunny side up, faggot.

Uncle Steezo
04-01-2010, 02:11 PM
we should destroy all nude paintings and sculptures cause that shit is offensive.

tissa better never talk that "i'm african" shit EVER again.
http://www.threadbombing.com/data/media/2/ba7eec7e3fb929cd4c2a07cb99ea5451.gif

TSA
04-01-2010, 03:09 PM

tissa better never talk that i'm african shit EVER again.
im osrry that white ppl have convinced you being african or black is about nudity but if she did this in africa someone would throw a rock at her and the ppl trying to revive her then dead body would be copin feels.

this is not a nude painting, it's a desperate ploy for attention and credibility that uses the weakness of simple minded ppl that don't want to be simple minded to justify its existance.

all this is in the end of the day is a naked woman. It's not individuality cause she's not the only one to do the exact same thing, she's not the only one to be capable of being naked and she's not the only one with genitals and a phat righteous ass.

the only difference is she's TOTALLY convinced that she's a visionary because she streaked and ppl that are dumb but think it's cool to be smart and artsy are justifying it and saying it's art just because she's implying it is.

well, yeah, it's art, but it sucks and failed because its objective was totally murdered by her juice bag ass and the hilarious shooting.

TSA
04-01-2010, 03:12 PM
in fact the blacklash, or supression of her individuality that has come from this is solely the concern of parents who's children had to see this and ppl concerned for the children that had to see this selfish act of hedonistic self righteousness and smug fart smelling.

i hate how this gay ass hoe thinks she's super african can she spells her name wrong.

INF
04-01-2010, 03:50 PM
damn ....

check two
04-01-2010, 04:10 PM
She don't got nothing on Mark Roberts, the king of streaking.

http://www.thestreaker.org.uk/streaks/sbowl/st.jpg

Mumm Ra
04-01-2010, 04:41 PM
tsa is just trying to be different
and looking stupid in the process

Uncle Steezo
04-01-2010, 05:53 PM
i hate how this gay ass hoe thinks she's super african can she spells her name wrong.

cause real africans fuck up grammar.

TSA
04-01-2010, 06:59 PM
that would be spelling.

SID
04-01-2010, 07:06 PM
ahaha badu is a sexy bitch for sure, but she does try too hard with the artsy image, plus she fucked and had kids by rappers from all coasts, shes a visionary slut.

Uncle Steezo
04-01-2010, 08:38 PM
that would be spelling.
please log off and open a book.

MsRzaRecTaH
04-01-2010, 09:12 PM
please log off and open a book.

ha! I see nothing has changed much.

12weLvE
04-01-2010, 10:03 PM
Been bumping this album for 2 straight nights. Incredible effort indeed. Very relaxing late night lounging music.

Fav track.

20 Feet Tall
Window Seat
Turn me Away
Umm Hmm
Love
Strawberry Incense

food for thought
04-01-2010, 10:34 PM
^I dont think this album is meant for lip gloss wearing faggits.

12weLvE
04-01-2010, 10:48 PM
You know the other day I noticed this...

http://img25.imageshack.us/img25/7138/smhlo.jpg (http://img25.imageshack.us/i/smhlo.jpg/)

And I was like lol. is this guy still on my shit like that?? SMH... Get over it Ben.

Get off my shit and stop stalking me.

food for thought
04-01-2010, 10:55 PM
aaahahahaha

what a loser bruh. i aint visit your shit since one of the days when u were havign an emotional breakdown spamming my wall. youre just a certified lip gloss wearing loser.

i did notice that you stopped neg repping me eratically every two days though lol

play your role, lip gloss sensation.

12weLvE
04-01-2010, 11:03 PM
What a fucking liar!!! ahahaha. SMH. Man here is a big reason that aint true... I get tons of hit ups on my page per day, and the names are always changing....Dude, I could have sworn that last week, I dint see your name up on my last 10 visitors, then I looked at it and said "Why the fuck is this ugly fuck visiting my page all of a sudden??" Goes to prove who the real emo faggit around here really is... shit stalking me, and rocking my name on his sig for 2 straight months because thats what his life consisted off for those two months. I swear dawg you got CONSUMED!!!! You fail. You are ugly ass fucking death, and you live in a shit hole city...

this is all I need

http://profile.ak.fbcdn.net/v230/1364/121/n1576273749_9195.jpg

Case closed.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Back to Eryka. Album is still getting some ill spins :spin:

J-DON
04-04-2010, 08:46 PM
TSA is right, she knew the laws and deserved the penalty she got. It wasnt just some random spot she was streaking in either its somewhat of a national landmark and is frequently visited by tourists and public nudity is Illegal so there we have it.

Im sure she was prepared for the repercussions.

Also, the video sucks and is not really representative of the song IMO. She was just trying to create controversy and get a buzz going, which she succeeded at. Its funny that some of you cant see through this.

And her body is a 6.

snapple
04-05-2010, 01:07 PM
picking it up this weekend....can't wait...and ive never disliked any of her videos....

can't hate on backseat window thats for sure =)

PANDA PISS
11-06-2011, 02:02 PM
This shit is that fucking shit.

her best album yet? I think so.