PDA

View Full Version : Audio Production (help/request)

DiGitalChamberz
03-28-2010, 07:03 PM
Peace,
can anyone recommend and or advise where i can find a free d'loadable version of pro tools for a windows pc or something similar to help wit music editing and production?

INF
03-28-2010, 07:07 PM
yeah DL BitTorrent

http://www.bittorrent.com/

then go to this site

http://isohunt.com/

look for whatever you want and be patient while you DL.with big programs like protools it could take a LONG minute.set it up for overnight DL.

hope you can find your way with this info.

DiGitalChamberz
03-28-2010, 08:03 PM
peace,
ive got a torrent dl'r already so basically just click n wait? cuz yea i know torrents can take a while depending on seeds... can you recommend a beginners software that will help execute the task of editing and producing tracks on windows? again thanks for the assist!!

INF
03-28-2010, 08:08 PM
yeah I dont know man.I started on Fruity Loops 6 or 7 (or fl 7) it was fairly easy to learn. I have never used protools.I DL'd it once and was lost.

there are videos on Youtube about FL and some of those helped me find my way around so I could do what I wanted.

DiGitalChamberz
03-28-2010, 08:12 PM
damn isnt self teaching a bitch?? lol

BTTR KNG KOOL
03-28-2010, 08:24 PM
fruity loops is a great program and even tho it STILL (after all these years) has poor rep amongst pros, its a top DAW.

But ProTools is pointless unless you have bunch of hardware.. You need atleast a hardware audio interface to get something out of it.

i started back when version FL 4 was out.. and it has gone a long way.

BTTR KNG KOOL
03-28-2010, 08:30 PM
http://btjunkie.org/

DiGitalChamberz
03-28-2010, 09:46 PM
^^ so i guess FL XXL 7 is whats recommended?

for a new newbie delving into music production via software how easy/hard is the interface on FL to navigate and get the job done? ive never used software for music so im gna be completely ignorant to any of the functions im sure. any tips or info i should read up on?

BTTR KNG KOOL
03-28-2010, 10:36 PM
FL Studio XXL 9.

the interface is not difficult to figure out at all. Its atually what makes the program really efficient.. teh interface is very good to use. They have developed the program a lot since the first versions, back in the day it got its bad rep cos it was kinda cheap.. there wasnt much features on it and the "Playlist" was simple as rock and lacked all teh needed features.. nowdays its packed with features tho.

I also suggest trying out Reason 4.

just get to it, thats the only way.. Download teh piece, install, start it.. and its either downhill or uphill depending how you cope with the frustration hehehe

google "Beginner Tutorials Fruity Loops 9" and also those vids on Youtube are worth checking out, theyll explain the basics like how to load samples in and how to further work the audio thru the playlist and FX tracks and all that.

INF
03-28-2010, 10:40 PM
yeah dont get 7 get 9.there are some new shits in the mixer like new compressors and shit.I run 7 still but I have 9 also. if I ever felt I was bored out of my mind I would get rid of my 7 and load up my 9 with all my shit.im just lazy

DiGitalChamberz
03-28-2010, 10:47 PM
damn serious?? i just dl'd 7 quick fast but ok ill check 9 now thanks!

dumb question but... now what?? lmao idk wat to do with this software yes im that new at this, ive only used hardware and would like to now know how to edit and mix master my tracks to burn to disc.

INF
03-28-2010, 11:13 PM
just google all that shit with "fl" included and you will find what you need.

DiGitalChamberz
03-28-2010, 11:37 PM
Good lookin yall!! damn btw how will i know if my torrent has a virus?? i dont wanna find out the hard way lmao

btw any MPC 2000xl gods in here??

ClymaX
03-29-2010, 12:17 PM
btw any MPC 2000xl gods in here??

HERE! That box is a beast once you master it...

DiGitalChamberz
03-29-2010, 03:45 PM
Peace! true indeed.. lets build man, i got mad questions lol pm me if anything. 1