PDA

View Full Version : The Burden of Truth

Urban_Journalz
03-30-2010, 12:53 PM
Think for a moment.....

Truth is a burden. So why do all of us want to hear it? Once heard, is this why we act so inhumane? "Keep it real!", we say. When most of us cannot even do this with The Self. So, if Truth is a burden, why does a carnal part of the human being seek it so fiercly? Among the countless people in the world, why are there some who choose to carry this burden?

In Western society, we seem to have a bit of an oxymoron when it comes to this burden called, "Truth". Our National Anthem speaks of it. Our Constitution speaks of it. Our Presidents, no matter how contradictory thier actions may be, speak of it. The programs we watch, be it, "Sesame Street" or "Heroes", promote this burden called, "Truth". Here's the catch though. It's a double-edged sword and we, the people, always seem to get a hold of it when someone else has the handle. Truth is promoted in such a way as to seem cool, right and easily attainable. Only one of these, I believe, is correct. Truth is indeed the right course of action. Easily attainable? No. Something that is cool is usually something that is popular and in constant rotation among the masses. We all know Truth has never been this popular. The other edge of this sword is the fact that while we are mentally and spirtually drugged into having a concept of what Truth is, those who give us this information do something called using our own hope against us. Allow me to explain......

Practically every book, television show, movie, magazine article, sportcast, news and radio station is designed to send out one of two messages, if not both. First, that you have no limits. That you are a magnificent, powerful and enigmatic creation. The best among God's creatures, meant for a purpose known only by God and the greatest among your ancestors. A purpose so great, it would be thought, "impossible". Second, that you are bound by the confines of your environment. Fake friends. Bad education. The Government. The Laws of Physics. Alcohol. Drugs. Fornication. Adultery, etc. This conditioning kills us before we live for this simple reason; every time we try to see if the first message is true, the inevitable attacks of the second message destroy our hope in the first. Both messages are constant but the second message is much more widespread and consequently more effective.

The irony here is that BOTH messages are true. Yes. Both are Truth. How can this be? The most interesting thing about Truth is most likely the very same thing that people have yet to figure out about it. It is the reason why most of us both yearn for it and are afraid of it. TRUTH IS NOT POSITIVE OR NEGATIVE. TRUTH SIMPLY IS. Truth gives you the opportunity to choose a path. To make a decision and stick with it. If you choose to believe that you are capable of things that would be considered miraculous, then you will take every step you must to awaken The Self and realize your potential. If you choose to believe that your surrounding environment is more powerful than you are and that all there is to life, nay, to YOU, is what you can see, hear, taste, touch and smell, then you will also live accordingly and THIS will be YOUR Truth. The determining factor? YOU.

One might think that those of us who choose a more popular route concerning Truth, that it is less of a burden. Don't lie to your Self. Again, Truth simply IS. What would seperate the one who chose the, "I can do anything" message from the one who chose the, "I can only do so much" is the weight or the burden and the time that it stays upon them.

To boast of anything means that you have no concept of Truth. The greatest thing about any burden, if handled properly, is that it humbles you. Reminds you of your limitations. Who among The Jews of World War 2 would speak of the atrocities they saw and endured as if speaking at a podium? Would they not fight tears? Would it not begin with a heavy sigh?

Think twice. Then think twice more.

DiGitalChamberz
03-31-2010, 02:54 AM
but the truth shall set you free from that burden

Peace

Urban_Journalz
04-01-2010, 01:02 PM
^^You're speaking of the lesser practiced and more avoided Truth, which bears the greatest burden of all, because it goes against contemporary thought and action. Set you free it will, evenually, no doubt. I believe that the burden though is more bearable instead of removed.

Peace

Uncle Steezo
04-01-2010, 01:32 PM
i feel you, but the burden is only as "heavy" as you imagine it to be.
i say this because its all based on the depth of one's connection to the man made construct of culture.
my truth is, "i can choose to or not to be bound by the construct and because of this, i determine the weight of truth."

i mean truth is only heavy if you put value in things like conformity, acceptance, homogeneity, etc.

my truth is that i am a reflection of the divine and my divinity comes with the obligation to shine divine light in everything i do. and yeah, i'm gonna boast about it too. God does it. so i'ma do it too. look at those fine ass brazilian woman. tell me that ain't God flossin. lol

i do agree that truth is relative based on experience. but there are universal truths which is often called divine law.

the funny thing about truth....it evolves.

Urban_Journalz
04-02-2010, 10:16 AM
i feel you, but the burden is only as "heavy" as you imagine it to be.
i say this because its all based on the depth of one's connection to the man made construct of culture.
my truth is, "i can choose to or not to be bound by the construct and because of this, i determine the weight of truth."

i mean truth is only heavy if you put value in things like conformity, acceptance, homogeneity, etc.

my truth is that i am a reflection of the divine and my divinity comes with the obligation to shine divine light in everything i do. and yeah, i'm gonna boast about it too. God does it. so i'ma do it too. look at those fine ass brazilian woman. tell me that ain't God flossin. lol

i do agree that truth is relative based on experience. but there are universal truths which is often called divine law.

the funny thing about truth....it evolves.

Illest post I've seen in a long time. I hadn't even considered that the weight of the burden depends on your perception as well. This makes perfect sense. I guess some things are worth boasting about. :yes: lol

Peace

Uncle Steezo
04-02-2010, 11:23 AM
evolution of truth.

pax.