PDA

View Full Version : Mental experiments

diggy
04-02-2010, 12:41 PM
I once read a book. It had a chapter on 'telepathically' influencing the fall of a coin to produce heads or tails.

I wanted to produce heads so I looked at the coin and the engraving on the head side, then closed my eyes so I could envision it. I then thought to myself - "I intend to influence the fall of this coin to produce heads". I bombarded the coin in my hand with images of words that came from my head at the coin in my hand.

I threw the coin on the carpeted floor and it produced heads. I repeated the process more than 20 times and the coin fell each time in a way to land heads up.

Now according to what I know about probabilities, that should not have happened. I should have gotten about half of the throws to be tails. Of course one could explain this to be some law of averages thing and say if I threw a whole bunch of times more, it would produce tails in the same amount as it did heads. But I gotta admit, it was strange.

I could explain what happened in my own way. Like my thoughts are connected to my body (physically through nerves, muslces, bones, and limbs) and if I program my body to do something, it would respond in such a way to make me hold the coin, throw it with a certain amount of force and at a certain distance from the floor to produce the desired result. It's like the body knows what to do.

What do you make of this?

J-Cee
04-02-2010, 01:06 PM
i think it could be possible..interesting

Uncle Steezo
04-02-2010, 07:07 PM
a similar thing can be done with a pndulum. draw a circle and divide it into fours. write yes in two pie pieces and no in the other two so that the yeses and nos are across from eachother.

now hold a pendulum which could be a rock on a string a yoyo whatever...over the center of the circle. make sure it is very still.

repeatedly ask yourself a question aloud like "do i really love my girlfriend?" or "is this the career i want for myself?" or "will i stop being an asshole?" whatever.

sunconsciously your hand will make small unnoticeable movements to make the pendulum swing in the yes direction or the no direction. sounds crazy but it works. especially if you are trying NOT to move.

as to influencing the coin...if you did it once... does it matter how many times it would take to make it tails? especially if it was a cointoss or something.

anything outside of YOU flipping the coin 20 times and getting 20 heads is speculation but the reality is that you did it.

its like you hitting a full court shot to win the game. probaility says its not likely, but despite the odds it happened. and no amount of math or physics can refute that.

diggy
04-02-2010, 10:41 PM
Thanks for adding on.

Funny how the mind works.

That pendulum thing could be used as a lie detector test. The body may try to lie, but the mind knows the truth and expresses it.

I just wonder how this type of knowledge could be used for everyday things.

Thanks for replying.

Uncle Steezo
04-03-2010, 04:35 AM
well i was told to use it to check the alignment between my conscious and subconscious mind.

lets say i wanted to ask a chick to marry me, i could use the pendulum to see if subconsciously i really wanted to do it. if it didn't line up then i know i need to rectify what is preventing me subconsciously from wanting to get married.

the subconscious often will sabotage a situation i order to get its way.
this is why lots of criminals, cheaters and closet gays get caught. its cause subconsciously they want to get caught.

diggy
04-03-2010, 03:08 PM
hahahah

Have you read any of gurdjieffs work - the forth way?

He says people have many I's - up to for of them and that these I's are different parts of their being that want to do different things.

DiGitalChamberz
04-03-2010, 03:15 PM
son even if that shit was true youd have to study years like a jedi before you can pull that off... and if i could id be fuckin wit them lottery balls.. not a head or tails lets see who go 1st bet lmao

diggy
04-03-2010, 06:06 PM
First of all, it is true.

Ya, I wish I knew of a way to apply this stuff to lotto or something.

DiGitalChamberz
04-03-2010, 06:19 PM
First of all, it is true.

Ya, I wish I knew of a way to apply this stuff to lotto or something.

2nd of all... PROOF? lol

Uncle Steezo
04-03-2010, 06:29 PM
we each have our own reality.
like there may be chix i can holla at that wouldn't give you the time of day, and vice versa (doubt it. lol) but that doesn't mean that the chick is untouchable.

or like art or mathmatics, its easy to some to others it takes more work.

relative reality.

in this case he made the coin land on heads.

yo i just listened to an interview today about something along these lines.
reality is shaped by consciousness. all particles in the universe are formless until observed.

pop it in and let it ride...
http://www.youtube.com/view_play_list?p=3B5C9B0377D8C17F

Uncle Steezo
04-03-2010, 06:35 PM
and i would say that a coin toss is really really easy compared to the lotto.
you have two possibilities h or t.

the lotto has minimum 40 balls to influence.
maybe with a collective of 40 people you could each concentrate on one ball and either force them to stay down or rise to the winning slot. then we all split the pot.

we should try to influence reality as a collective here. lets think of an experiment.
its been done by george noory. he got millions of people to concentrate on making it rain in drought stricken areas...and it worked.

DiGitalChamberz
04-03-2010, 07:39 PM
ma dude... we can build for hours about that "reality is shaped by consciousness" shit

that rite there? would open up WORLDS of understanding...

diggy
04-26-2012, 10:34 PM
how can I use this technique for other things?

Robert
04-26-2012, 11:47 PM
Flip the coin 2000 times and report back your findings.

Robert
04-26-2012, 11:49 PM
anything outside of YOU flipping the coin 20 times and getting 20 heads is speculation but the reality is that you did it.

Don't you think 20 is too small a sample size?

diggy
04-27-2012, 12:18 AM
So you do not believe I could manipulate the fall of a coin to produce heads by mental concentration?

It is possible when you think about it. There is a mind-body connection and the coin is in my hand before I throw.

2000 is a lot and would be boring, but I see what you're getting at. At most, I would probably do 100.

Uncle Steezo
04-27-2012, 12:20 AM
i think once is enough of a sample size...if you ask me. especially if its for a big prize.
and i dont think he has the stamina to maintain focus for 2000 flips.

diggy
04-27-2012, 12:24 AM
If I was really adventurous, I would make a vid and up it to youtube doing this.

Maybe...

Uncle Steezo
04-27-2012, 12:26 AM
well you could look at it this way...
atoms never touch and 99.999% of an atom is empty space. so whats the diff between you manipulating the atoms inside your body (if there even is such a concept of inside), and the atoms outside of your body?
is it a matter of extending your sphere of influence?
i know that our bodies produce an electromagnetic field, and that field changes with our mood, emotion thought and activity. could we then, via field interaction manipulate the orientation of a spinning coin?

EAGLE EYE
04-27-2012, 12:35 AM
we should try to influence reality as a collective here. lets think of an experiment.

collectively regrout CEITED'S tiles

Uncle Steezo
04-27-2012, 12:40 AM
hahahahahahaa sleep slobber stains are a mf to get out.

Robert
04-27-2012, 02:28 AM
well you could look at it this way...
atoms never touch and 99.999% of an atom is empty space. so whats the diff between you manipulating the atoms inside your body (if there even is such a concept of inside), and the atoms outside of your body?
is it a matter of extending your sphere of influence?
i know that our bodies produce an electromagnetic field, and that field changes with our mood, emotion thought and activity. could we then, via field interaction manipulate the orientation of a spinning coin?

I don't disagree with any of this really. I just think to prove something you need to flip a coin more than 20 times and you need to be able to establish a link to the force that you think is causing it.

To be honest, I want to see a video of FMJ flipping heads 2000 consecutive times.

Uncle Steezo
04-27-2012, 05:57 AM
but is there even such a thing as chance? probability says that the coin SHOULD land on heads 50% of the time. but in reality, it COULD land on heads 100% of the time without any influence at all... that is, if no influence is even possible.

i guess u would also need a robot arm alone in a room with a camera as a control experiment, just to make sure intention is not involved.

Robert
04-27-2012, 10:06 AM
but is there even such a thing as chance? probability says that the coin SHOULD land on heads 50% of the time. but in reality, it COULD land on heads 100% of the time without any influence at all... that is, if no influence is even possible.

i guess u would also need a robot arm alone in a room with a camera as a control experiment, just to make sure intention is not involved.

Chance is a very misleading term.

diggy
04-27-2012, 01:28 PM

Or clean his mirror which looks like it was cum-splashed stained:

http://img825.imageshack.us/img825/9426/20110729164624306.jpg

IrOnMaN
04-27-2012, 01:34 PM
No.

BRASSKNUCKLED PAI MEI
04-27-2012, 02:39 PM
The power of the mind.

Creating your own reality.

Quantum Physics.

diggy
04-27-2012, 03:32 PM
Could you build on what you just wrote, especially the quantum physics part?

CEITEDMOFO
04-27-2012, 08:42 PM
IvE LEARNED FROM THIS THREAD FROM READIN THE FIRST PAGE THAT FMJ AND NELSON ARE MAJOR FAGGiTZ

diggy
04-27-2012, 09:25 PM
coming from a person named "EL HOMO SIMPSON".

:cheerlie:

CEITEDMOFO
04-27-2012, 09:31 PM
I'd PREFER TO BE CALLED "HOMERsGOOCH"