PDA

View Full Version : Q? For Those With New Slim PS2s!!

wu gambino
10-03-2005, 09:07 PM
My PS2 is gettin real shitty lately, it might as well be dead...
Anyway I want to get a new one, but all these people on other sites say they burn out easy cuz theres a real small fan, and others say that all u have to do is put it in an open area and not on a rug. Everyone is just f'n confusing me. So Im gonna ask on this forum so maybe I can get a strait answer.

Are these new Slim PS2's very reliable / good?
Id rather have a new PS2 cuz I like the games more, but if the slim ones suck Ill just replace my Xbox which died a few months ago...

Peace. Thanks.

rzarectah
10-03-2005, 10:47 PM
yea i had the same problem with my ps2.....they have like a 2 year life....i swear the sony company are some smart motherfuckers......but i got a slim ps2 and it actually seems to be better than the orginal ps2....i heard it doesnt have the same problems as the original did, but then again i havent had if for long

wu gambino
10-03-2005, 11:19 PM
Cool. How long have you had it??
Ill be getting PS3 or X360 so I dont even think Ill be playing it for 1 year.
Plus incase something does happen, the Slim model does come with a 1-Year Manufacturers warranty.
So you use your PS2 for watching DVDs? Cuz I heard the life span will decreae faster if so..

Oh and how bout the overheating thing?
I know they just did a recall on the AC adapter, if you got the new cord, does that help with the heat issues at all?
Thanks!

Anyone else?

BRONZBODY
10-04-2005, 02:03 AM
i left mine on for like 4 days once(forgot to turn it off)and when i went to play some more noticing it was still on i un paused the game and kept on playing

Qwiffersniffer
10-04-2005, 02:16 AM
i left mine on for like 4 days once(forgot to turn it off)and when i went to play some more noticing it was still on i un paused the game and kept on playingI did the same thing once with my girl friend.

crass
10-04-2005, 03:12 AM
^^^^hahah

YOU'RE A REAL JOKER

wu gambino
10-04-2005, 08:11 AM
save ya money bro new playstation 3 should be out soon.
Yea I know... I said that earlier. And PS3 wont be in the US until the summer next year. Its supposed to drop in Japan in the Spring so we'll prolly get it in summer/fall.
I dont think I can wait a year to play any videogames, and I have games I wanna play that I just bought for PS2... Its only 150 bucks anyway...

Cheech Da WildKard
10-04-2005, 09:35 AM
If ya consoles are burnin' out, you must really be over-using them ...

I had a PS2 for 4 years ....I know peeps who had one since the day they came out, watch a DVD a night on 'em, besides playin' games, and everythin' still in order ...

What are y'all doin' to 'em? LOL..

wu gambino
10-04-2005, 10:45 AM
If ya consoles are burnin' out, you must really be over-using them ...

I had a PS2 for 4 years ....I know peeps who had one since the day they came out, watch a DVD a night on 'em, besides playin' games, and everythin' still in order ...

What are y'all doin' to 'em? LOL..
Well Im talking about the new PS2s... they are very different...

I got my PS2 from a friend last year, he had it for a while, so it was pretty old...
And my Xbox was a launch Xbox...

But if anyone else could help me with the new PS2s please

BRONZBODY
10-04-2005, 01:05 PM
I did the same thing once with my girl friend.i just got that shit...im kinda slow today.......

MantiZ
10-04-2005, 02:50 PM
damn you must be one rich muthafucka.....
i just got iPod photo and im doomed to pay for it for next 2 years.....
i can't even buy ps2.... and i can only dream of ps3 or x360
damn!

100pr00f
10-04-2005, 03:25 PM
the slims do burn out faster couse of the one fan....but i think u should be ok wit it
u dont play 6 hrs a day do u

i have the old one .. the first ones that came out

and i play dvds on it all the time
nothing wrong with it

now i dont know about the slims

but if ur geitting ps3

and u need a slim
get one untill then it will last

the only bad thing is u can custemize ur car with the slim couse of the heat

wu gambino
10-04-2005, 03:46 PM
the slims do burn out faster couse of the one fan....but i think u should be ok wit it
u dont play 6 hrs a day do u

i have the old one .. the first ones that came out

and i play dvds on it all the time
nothing wrong with it

now i dont know about the slims

but if ur geitting ps3

and u need a slim
get one untill then it will last

the only bad thing is u can custemize ur car with the slim couse of the heatThanks for answering all my q's with that.
Ill probaby play it about 1-2 hours a day on average.

Thats cool, I just need it to last about a year so I think Im good...

Funk_Dock
10-04-2005, 05:20 PM
my friend bought one of the new ps2s, and now hes sellin it after a few days.......my normal ps2 always manages to fuck up somehow like the laser cant read my discs or sumtin.....i use the warranty to get a new one every now and again

redemption
10-04-2005, 11:07 PM
I have a slim PS2 and it's held up so far. But yeah wait for these next generation consoles, wait until both are released before you decide.

SurreaL
10-04-2005, 11:50 PM
I've had the same PS2 since launch week, and mine still work's great.

wu gambino
10-04-2005, 11:58 PM
I have a slim PS2 and it's held up so far. But yeah wait for these next generation consoles, wait until both are released before you decide.Cool, how long have u had it?
How often do you play it?

Im gonna get a Xbox or PS2 either way again... I bought 6 games over the past 4 months... im not just gonna throw them out...
I dont want to wait a year before playing a videogame again...

Welshkillabee
10-05-2005, 02:57 AM
I got a slim PS2 theyre alot better than the old ones much more reliable. I wouldnt put any console on a rug cause that would block the fan but Ive left myne on for days and everything was cool.

Reggie_Noble
10-08-2005, 09:08 AM
I don't think you people with the short lifespan PS2's are treating them properly, I've had mine since the Euro release (somewhat) and it runs as smooth as when i got it.

wu gambino
10-08-2005, 10:40 AM
^Thats why I never know if someones lying or not on the net.
It could be an Xbox fanboy or sum shit...

But my first PS2 lasted a while. It started acting bitchy in like June. I got it from a friend last summer, and he got it around the time Xbox came out, so it lasted a good 3-4 years.

Reggie_Noble
10-08-2005, 10:52 AM
I dunno, I think it's supposed to last at least 5 years, with somewhat good care.

Kado
10-09-2005, 12:14 AM
yeah my original ps2 died out on me..and a bunch of my friends had the same problem- couldnt read discs, disc read errors, could only read the blue bottom cd's, some could only read the black bottom cds and so on..

i got the new slim one and it seems to be workin aiight so far, i only had it bout 2 months now so i cant say much bout its lifespan, but so far so good..

Shaolin Warrior
10-09-2005, 11:11 PM
My PS2 and X-Box (I must have gotten the PS2 about 3 years ago and the X-Box about 4 years ago) and they both still run smoothly and are in top shape. I only watch movies on my X-Box cause I keep hearing about that thing with the PS2 burning out fi you play DVDs in it.

My best friend is planning to buy the slim PS2 though, so I can't tell you right now if they're better.

scottishhaze
10-10-2005, 04:42 PM
The slim PS2's casing is designed to heat up as the console is smaller and hence cant get a huge fan inside it. The "brains" if ya wanna call them that, are located away from the outer casing so dont heat up. I've left mine on for over a week b4 and i aint got no problems with it. Why you would put it on a rug i dunno tho..........hope this helps man

Alcryt
10-15-2005, 08:10 AM
my ps2 stopped wrkin properly and i thot it was nearly dead but then i just gt a small hoover n sucked out all the dust and it works like new now lol

wu gambino
10-15-2005, 10:15 AM
Yea I just got it yesterday. No problems so far, but again, I just got it yesterday...

JCKILLA100
10-26-2005, 02:13 PM
I had da PS2 but da motor da spins the disk burnt out i was stuk without san andrea for almost a year, but then i got the PS2 slimline , i have had it longer than i had the old PS2 an it still works like clockwork. so i wud recomend gettin 1

100pr00f
10-26-2005, 02:18 PM
My PS2 and X-Box (I must have gotten the PS2 about 3 years ago and the X-Box about 4 years ago) and they both still run smoothly and are in top shape. I only watch movies on my X-Box cause I keep hearing about that thing with the PS2 burning out fi you play DVDs in it.

My best friend is planning to buy the slim PS2 though, so I can't tell you right now if they're better.
ive had my ps2 old ver......for about 4 years or so
and i play dvds on it all most every day

no probs yet...lol

i think it will last till ps3 comes out

Ink Is My Drink
10-26-2005, 05:31 PM
yea i had the same problem with my ps2.....they have like a 2 year life....i swear the sony company are some smart motherfuckers
yeh that shit happened to me!!

i got it when it first came out an now it so fuked

same happened to everyone i no that got a ps2. cunts!!!

it cant read hardly any of my games. even ones that i buy brand new

but i cant be fuked to buy a new playstation so i jus reset my playstation like 40 times until it reads the disk

kryptonight
10-27-2005, 07:36 PM
both me and a buddy of mine bought our ps2 origanals round the same time and his started fuckin up last month, he can't play blue bottom discs or ps1 games n e more and his makes REALY fucked up noises constantly, and it's just gettin worse and worse 4 him, mine is startin 2 do the same thing now.......but i'm hopin it won't completely die until ps3 comes out

TeknicelStylez
10-27-2005, 10:59 PM
I went through about 4 PS2's in my life, 1 got stolen, 1 got lost, 1 I sold for drugs so I can flip em, and I just got a slim I think on my birthday in like march, it was either that or christmas, I can't remember cuz my memories gay.

Ink Is My Drink
10-28-2005, 12:41 PM
both me and a buddy of mine bought our ps2 origanals round the same time and his started fuckin up last month, he can't play blue bottom discs or ps1 games n e more and his makes REALY fucked up noises constantly, and it's just gettin worse and worse 4 him, mine is startin 2 do the same thing now.......but i'm hopin it won't completely die until ps3 comes out
yeh wtf is wit the blue bottom disks

same shit happend to me started to not play dvds first i was like wtf then wouldnt play ps1 games then wouldnt play blue bottom disk ps2 games then now somtimes wont even play brand new games unless u rested the playstation like 40 times

but fuk buying a new one unless sony want to buy me one then i not gettin one

THE W
10-28-2005, 07:55 PM
I can't remember cuz my memories gay.
ROFLMAO!! :lmao: :lmao:

sorry i just found this to be funny

TUCO
10-28-2005, 08:27 PM
my PS2 doesnt play any old EA Sports games for some reason...they all load up until the title of the game and it freezes....sucks, ive been aching to play FIFA '04 too :(

TeknicelStylez
10-28-2005, 08:37 PM
ROFLMAO!! :lmao: :lmao:

sorry i just found this to be funnyIt is, I can never remember the time period wich shit occured in. So when I fill out applications I have to guesstimate the months I worked during. I really never even look at the calender. A couple of weeks ago, I didn't even know what month we was in. I thought it was still like may and shit.