PDA

View Full Version : Playing video games on a non flat screen tv?

netscape check two
04-08-2010, 01:40 PM
I still have an 'older' style of tv. I've noticed in the last few years that some video games don't look as good on the tv as they used to. For example, sports games.. I was playing NBA Live 10 and the scoreboard was real small, and depending where the player was on the court, it was tough to even read his name cause it was so small and kinda blurred looking. I've played games already where some of the playcalling menu gets cut off on the side of the TV screen. I assume a lot of the newer video games are designed to be played more on a flat screen tv? Are there any suggestions on how to make things look better on my boob tube tv?

J-DON
04-08-2010, 02:27 PM
Get an HDTV its worth it trust me.

Mumm Ra
04-08-2010, 07:45 PM
yeah upgrade your tv dude, they're pretty cheap now anyway
as far as making it look better on your boob tube tv its not gonna happen

Professor Poopsnagle
04-09-2010, 10:15 PM
try hooking up your computers LCD, you need some sort of special cable though. But it's a hell of an improvement.

Hénri
04-09-2010, 11:11 PM
nah just get a TV

netscape check two
04-10-2010, 12:19 AM
If they wouldn't have started making video games designed for just flat screen tv's a few years back, I wouldn't mind to continue playing them on my boob tube. I don't mind watching tv on my boob tube. I'll probably wait till my tv goes out to get a flat screen. I don't think that the improved picture and sound is worth hundreds of dollars more than the price of a boob tube tv. I think they should have kept making boob tube tv's and gave people a choice if they want that or the flat screens. The thing I like about flat screens is that they aren't as bulky. Other than that, I don't care that much. And a lot of other people were saying they were fine with their boob tubes also.

Paranoid
04-10-2010, 03:37 AM
i also dont have an HDTV...sucks with some RPG games with small unreadable text unless you're closer to the screen. I don't feel like buying one

Mumm Ra
04-10-2010, 04:07 AM
I don't think lcds are nearly as much as you're thinking
you can get a 32" for around $300 which is a great size for games
you can find 19"-22" for possibly less than $200 which will still look way better than your boob tube
even if you're making minimum wage that's one paycheck

Hollow Dartz
04-14-2010, 05:02 PM
They not even that expensive, it's only 2 checks if you make good money...

netscape check two
04-15-2010, 02:03 PM
On the flip side, I have heard before that older generation games/gaming systems look better on a crt tv than a flat screen? Thoughts?

angry!
04-15-2010, 03:01 PM
why dont you do a google search on TV's you lemon drop doofus!?!?!?!?!!?!!

youre a broke bum for not havin HD, and youre a dumb fuck for seeking help here!!!!!!!!!!! get a job and step your game up, or shut the fuck up and deal you lazy faggot!!!!!!!!!!

jobless asian nerds like check two are supposed to be on the cutting edge of this shit, LOL @ "older style tv" and "boob tube"... check two is pussy repellent in the flesh!!!!!!!!!! bitches arent impressed with a 32 inch "boob tube", kill yaself!!!!!!!!!

Dr Sleepwalker
04-15-2010, 04:31 PM
Ayo it isn't hard, you don't even need the cash up front these days

Just take your ass down to Best Buy or Futureshop, bust out your credit card (yes, even if you owe them money) and bring your drivers lisense, sign up for a Best Buy account card, and pick yourself up a brand new Sony Bravia for like $15 minimum monthly lol.

hom1e
04-15-2010, 05:10 PM
C'mon sun new LCD's are less expensive than CRT TV's was...

netscape check two
04-15-2010, 07:32 PM
why dont you do a google search on TV's you lemon drop doofus!?!?!?!?!!?!!

youre a broke bum for not havin HD, and youre a dumb fuck for seeking help here!!!!!!!!!!! get a job and step your game up, or shut the fuck up and deal you lazy faggot!!!!!!!!!!

jobless asian nerds like check two are supposed to be on the cutting edge of this shit, LOL @ "older style tv" and "boob tube"... check two is pussy repellent in the flesh!!!!!!!!!! bitches arent impressed with a 32 inch "boob tube", kill yaself!!!!!!!!!

If I wanted to get a flat screen right now, I could. But I'm not the type of person like yourself that needs to get what a bunch of other people do just to try to fit in, ya fat fuck. I'm not broke or asian, ya pussy. lol And I don't need to try to impress chicks with material things. You're just angry cause you can't even pull a hairy fat ass chick after buying season 2 of Sex and the City for her to watch.

netscape check two
04-15-2010, 07:35 PM
C'mon sun new LCD's are less expensive than CRT TV's was...

Maybe in Poland they are?

netscape check two
04-15-2010, 07:36 PM
This thread wasn't really meant to be about the price of the tv's if you re-read the first post, by the way. lol

Living-jism
04-15-2010, 11:59 PM
I ain't rich like you Yanks so I only got a 40 inch LED at home :(

netscape check two
04-16-2010, 12:01 AM
Where are you from again? New Zeland? I'm only used to southerners referring to us as Yanks.

Living-jism
04-16-2010, 12:08 AM
Yeah, I think we still calling yous Yanks since world war 2, probably cause jealous that all the girls here got fucked by the marines that toured here lol.

J-DON
04-20-2010, 02:44 PM
If I wanted to get a flat screen right now, I could. But I'm not the type of person like yourself that needs to get what a bunch of other people do just to try to fit in, ya fat fuck..

what the fuck?

People dont get HD TV's to fit in. The get it to view Televistion, Movies, and Videogames in higher resolutions than Standard Definition. Don't be a fucking baby when people tell you you cant make your SDTV HD or Look better and to go out and spend some money on a new TV if you want to enjoy high quality visuals.

and never stoop to angry!'s level. Hes a gimmick poster and expert troll lol you will not win.

netscape check two
04-20-2010, 02:51 PM
I didn't say everybody gets them to fit in. I said I was referring to that fat fuck angry if you would read correctly. I don't mind the visuals on a non flat screen tv, they look fine to me. It's just that for video games, some of the words, menus, etc. appear pretty small.

Paranoid
04-20-2010, 02:58 PM
It's just that for video games, some of the words, menus, etc. appear pretty small.

yea and people shouldn't have to buy an hdtv or sit an inch away from the screen to play those games. bullshit

Razorsharp
04-20-2010, 03:55 PM
get an HDTV with a bestbuy credit card, im still paying mine buts it has to be paid in 3 years, first 3 years no interest... so im paying only 20 bucks a month, manageable i put about 400 dollars down, its worth it and easy as long as ur good as keeping track of ur payments

J-DON
04-23-2010, 01:31 AM
for the record i sympathize with the OP somewhat. I remember trying to play Dead Rising when I had SDTV it was awful I couldnt finish the game.

Jet Set
04-27-2010, 02:24 PM
HD Ready CRT Widescreens were awesome. Too bad they did not last long. Pioneer came close witheir last generation sets.

Jet Set
04-28-2010, 03:58 AM
I ain't rich like you Yanks so I only got a 40 inch LED at home :(A 40 inc h LED would be extremely expensive. You either have a LCD television with LED backlighting or edgelighting. With or without local dimming or RGB LEDS.

Senator C. Palantine
04-28-2010, 09:51 AM
4 player Golden Eye on a 14" tv with your (non e-) friends.

Thats the shit im talking about.

shaolinsword
04-30-2010, 06:14 PM
I finally got a HD TV earlier from the new Best Buy shop near me, I picked it up for next to nothing because it's only just opened

It makes the world of difference from playing on a SD TV so if you can afford to buy one it's definitely worth getting one

David Daniel Davis
05-03-2010, 10:21 PM
4 player Golden Eye on a 14" tv with your (non e-) friends.

Thats the shit im talking about.

I remember having Goldeneye nights in the late nineties on my thirteen inch Sharp television

Mic Tyson
05-03-2010, 10:42 PM
On the flip side, I have heard before that older generation games/gaming systems look better on a crt tv than a flat screen? Thoughts?

they do because thats what they are made for. don't play a ps2 game on an hd, it will look like shit. if u got older systems, keep that tv and maybe try to get an hd for your next gen system.

and what system do you have? u should try to check your display settings and it might help.

Mumm Ra
05-03-2010, 10:44 PM
lil off topic but speaking of old ass games
my sister picked up a Nintendo Entertainment System still in it's original box/ never opened for $10 at a garage sale a couple weeks ago with several games included
i was like daaaamn that's dope lol
plus you can only use the gun on a CRT screen....wont work with LCD

Mic Tyson
05-03-2010, 11:19 PM
lil off topic but speaking of old ass games
my sister picked up a nintendo entertainment system still in it's original box/ never opened for $10 at a garage sale a couple weeks ago with several games included
i was like daaaamn that's dope lol
plus you can only use the gun on a crt screen....wont work with lcd

sell that shit. for real. sell it

sell it

Mumm Ra
05-03-2010, 11:23 PM
too bad she opened it for her 3 yr old son to play
when she already has one
lol i wanted to slap her, i wish i coulda found that shit - i would've stashed it for years until it was worth some good dough

Mic Tyson
05-03-2010, 11:27 PM
damn. but yea now they make these systems that play nes and snes cartridges and they like 30 dollars. And I know a new NES would prolly go for a lot on ebay

Mumm Ra
05-03-2010, 11:34 PM
yeah i dont think they're worth much quite yet...
but it was really weird that someone would have that shit sitting around for 20 years and not touch it lol

David Daniel Davis
05-04-2010, 12:09 AM
This is true; I tried playing my Nintendo Entertainment System on a sixty inch screen once; it looked like it blew up the screen 400 percent; mad pixelated.

netscape check two
05-05-2010, 10:51 PM
they do because thats what they are made for. don't play a ps2 game on an hd, it will look like shit. if u got older systems, keep that tv and maybe try to get an hd for your next gen system.

and what system do you have? u should try to check your display settings and it might help.

I have a PS3 and a bunch of older game systems.