PDA

View Full Version : Hip Hop samples appreciation thread

djskillz
04-09-2010, 08:52 PM
This thread is dedicated to the great music you were introduced to thanks to your favorite hip hop artist sampling them.

TlqA3tAGMnw
Ghostface - The Hilton

fjhmwzf_mh0
ghostface - childz play

bIVJLFFFIqY

9ieevQ9RrDc

post some of your favorites

Professor Poopsnagle
04-09-2010, 09:23 PM
Nice thread. Check out my Jasper Listens to thread below.

EJ8eGHoIwts

djskillz
04-13-2010, 11:02 PM
bump

davedigital360
04-14-2010, 05:21 AM
<object width="500" height="405"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/AwzaifhSw2c&hl=en_US&fs=1&border=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/AwzaifhSw2c&hl=en_US&fs=1&border=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="500" height="405"></embed></object>
RZA FATAL
<object width="500" height="405"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/PQ88cYYud-g&hl=en_US&fs=1&rel=0&border=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/PQ88cYYud-g&hl=en_US&fs=1&rel=0&border=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="500" height="405"></embed></object>
A BETTER TOMORROW AND EPIC OF MY BITTER TRIUMPH

I AGREE WITH THE MIKE JACK MARIA ONE. I LOVE THAT SONG(EXCUSE THE CAPS LOCK, MY KEYBOARD IS FUCKED)

-The A to the Z-
04-14-2010, 07:48 PM
CJhxBh4Oelk
The Delfonics-La La Means I Love You, via Ghostface's Holla

0EfcTFQgJb8
Grover Washington Jr.'s Soulful Strut, via Charizma & Peanut Butter Wolf's High School Love, by way of The Young Holt Unlimited version.

A lot of good jazz has been unearthed through the hip hop, actually.

djskillz
04-16-2010, 01:59 AM
1o5vuMYQyhE

esg - ufo

CharlesJones
04-19-2010, 12:20 PM
Isley Brothers-Between The Sheets(this has been sampled by a lot of rappers.)
Funkadelic-Not Just Knee Deep(De La Soul sampled this for Me Myself And I song. Some other rappers have sampled this.)
George Clinton-Atomic Dog(MC Hammer sampled this for Pumps And A Bump and several other rappers have sampled it.)
Zapp-More Bounce To The Ounce
Zapp-Be Alright(2Pac sampled it on Keep Your Head Up song)
Cameo-I Just Want To Be(DJ Quik sampled it on Quik Is The Name song)
Cameo-Sparkle(2Pac and Treach sampled it on Loyal To The Game song and Willie D of the Geto Boys sampled it on Gone Too Soon song)
The Gap Band-Humpin(College Boyz sampled it on their song of the same name)
The Gap Band-Yearning For Your Love(Nas sampled it on Life's A Bitch and Paris sampled it on Outta My Life.)
Kool And The Gang-Hollywood Swingin(Too Short sampled it on Money In The Ghetto song)
Grover Washington Jr(i don't know the name of Grover's song but Black Moon sampled it on How Many MC's and EPMD sampled it on Underground song.)
Tom Browne-Funkin For Jamaica(EPMD sampled it on Doin It Again and NWA sampled the horn sound at the beginning of Tom's song on their One Less Bitch song.)
Rick James-Mary Jane(EPMD sampled this on all of their Jane songs, Kris Kross sampled it on I'm Real and Dana Dane sampled it on Rollin With Dana Dane.)
Average White Band-I'm The One(Brand Nubian sampled this on Word Is Bond song.)
Average White Band-Love Your Life(A Tribe Called Quest sampled this on Check The Rhime song.)
Debarge-I Like It(Grand Puba sampled this on his song of the same name, Common sampled it on Soul By The Pound, M.O.P. sampled it on No Love from DJ Clue's The Professional mixtape, LL Cool J sampled it on Make It Hot song.)
Debarge-All This Love(AZ sampled it on Problems song)
The Time-Gigolos Get Lonely Too(Above The Law sampled it on Kalifornia song)
The Time-Get It Up(Above The Law sampled it on Endonesia song)
The Time-777 9311(2Pac sampled it on What's Ya Phone Number song)
One Way-Don't Stop(Warren G sampled it on Super Soul Sis song)

djskillz
04-21-2010, 06:06 PM
MjtOzLfebgY

Outstanding - The Gap Band
sampled for: Ice Cube - True to the Game
Redman - Blow Ya Mind

fatboybrandon
04-21-2010, 09:58 PM
I had some memories of Premier flipping samples amazingly for Guru to rhyme over in the past couple days since Guru's passing. It lifts my spirit to go back and listen to these records:

hoZWHOxsUrk

slIzTAjpKxs

Premier is one of my favorite producers to find and use loops of all time

-The A to the Z-
04-22-2010, 04:01 PM
Grover Washington Jr(i don't know the name of Grover's song but Black Moon sampled it on How Many MC's and EPMD sampled it on Underground song.)

Hydra

992CwecfsVs

DrPepper
04-22-2010, 04:48 PM
my fav is def redman and dr. dre sampling parliament on da funk/so ruff/blow your mind off his debut and let me ride off the chronic

make my funk the p-funk, i wants to get funked up

djskillz
04-23-2010, 09:00 PM
jzTRKDwLRLU

this guy has a whole youtube page dedicated to playing samples.

djskillz
04-29-2010, 01:44 AM
5RmKBFND9SY

XdZQug0gc-g

4Uf_l80Na5A

Mai Wang Tu Phat
04-29-2010, 08:49 AM
One of the best flips I've heard.

http://www.whosampled.com/sample/view/1213/Prodigy-Bang%20on%20%27Em_The%20Montclairs-Do%20I%20Stand%20a%20Chance/

MAYOR QUIMBY
05-04-2010, 08:31 PM
Freda Payne - "The Road We Didn't Take"
used on "Life Changes" by the Wu-Tang Clan.

Bonnie Dobson - "Milk & Honey"
used on "Gold And Bronze Magik" by Canibus

James Brown - "The Boss"
used on "Get Down" by Nas

KaramelSundae
05-04-2010, 10:27 PM
djdgZm1Uv_g

drake sampled for "Best I Ever Had"

love both versions

djskillz
05-05-2010, 08:41 PM
O8PN4v-Lud0

Bumpys Lament - Soul Mann & the Brothers

Dr. Dre - Xxplosive

Lil Kim - Drugs

KaramelSundae
05-05-2010, 11:52 PM
^ nice one

INF
05-05-2010, 11:57 PM
FUCK!!!!! they sped that shit the fuck up for Xxplosive.

I HAVE to play more shit at high sped , this is just silly.

MAYOR QUIMBY
05-06-2010, 08:31 PM
Wha! I never knew Xxplosive was a sample. Props!

djskillz
05-06-2010, 09:17 PM
He got someone to replay it on the guitar. More of an interpolation I guess.